PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 smack on espn

soonergirlNeugene
9/17/2007, 06:20 PM
I'm referring to "The Herd Mentality" audio posted on the cfb front page on ESPN. For those unable to get the audio, it's basically a hyper critical attack on Oklahoma and the Big 12, asking people not to be fooled by Oklahoma if we finish the season undefeated alongside other undefeated teams by citing our recent postseason losses and even last year's loss vs Oregon as proof that we cannot contend with the top teams from other conferences.

I know chances are that there won't be more than one or two at the most undefeated teams at the year's end, but this guy is over the line.

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 06:24 PM
I'm referring to "The Herd Mentality" audio posted on the cfb front page on ESPN. For those unable to get the audio, it's basically a hyper critical attack on Oklahoma and the Big 12, asking people not to be fooled by Oklahoma if we finish the season undefeated alongside other undefeated teams by citing our recent postseason losses and even last year's loss vs Oregon as proof that we cannot contend with the top teams from other conferences.

I know chances are that there won't be more than one or two at the most undefeated teams at the year's end, but this guy is over the line.

And doesn't know his ****. Anyone who saw the OU/UO game knows who won that game. And, you hear this every year when they are talking about teams other than OU, THIS IS A DIFFERNT TEAM THAN LAST YEAR!
You can't base how a team will do off of how the played last year. You can get a general idea about them, but you can't say team A will beet team B because team B lost to team D who lost to team A last year.

KantoSooner
9/17/2007, 06:26 PM
Patience, Grasshopper, in the fullness of time (early November), we shall see what shakes out.
Our sos will suck, but others may have to deal with losses (LSU or FL).

CtheB
9/17/2007, 06:28 PM
This guy has clearly removed all doubt in my mind. He's a fool. Pay him no attention, give him the silent treatment, whatever you must do to prevent this nonsense from spreading.

SoonerMooner
9/17/2007, 06:32 PM
Guys, guys, he's just trying to rattle cages to get attention.

Kind of like if he came to your house and told your Dad he wanted to f*ck your sister.

def_lazer_fc
9/17/2007, 06:38 PM
he wants to what!!!?? :mad: :mad:

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 06:42 PM
he wants to what!!!?? :mad: :mad:
http://www.confusionroad.com/article_images/mob.jpg

GET HIM!!!! HE WANTS TO **** OUR SISTERS!!!

Dio
9/17/2007, 06:52 PM
Colin Cowherd prefers the company of men.

SoonerSloan
9/17/2007, 07:03 PM
Is it just me or do his words ooze with arrogance when he says "In my opinion"... like it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain? like anyone listening doesnt know its an opinion piece... and i dont know how anyone could say the Big XII is below the Big 10 right now... and its not like anyone in the Big East plays much defense either...

Rhino
9/17/2007, 07:04 PM
Coward has been very anti-OU since he's been on ESPN.

Don't pay attention to him. He's a one-trick pony.

sooneron
9/17/2007, 07:05 PM
He is such a friggin retard. First he says how much CU sucks then he hangs asu's hat on their victory over them. Oregon throttled michigan? Ok, but they pretty much suck.

Some of his points are valid except for what happened 2-3 years ago. Our conference is down and there is nothing that we can do about it. It's time for texas to get their **** together (after Oct 6th ;) ) Nebraska and KSt need to get consistent along with atm and Mizzou.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/17/2007, 07:05 PM
Conference vs Conference comparisons suck. It changes week to week. For Jesus H. Christ's sake! I mean Iowa State beat Iowa. Wow.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2007, 07:06 PM
Coward has been very anti-OU since he's been on ESPN.

Don't pay attention to him. He's a one-trick pony.
Rhino has spoken the truth; move along folks:D

Harry Beanbag
9/17/2007, 07:08 PM
All the conferences suck this year.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/17/2007, 07:09 PM
OH, and hearing that guy talk is worse than listening to one of those old robot answering machines. Not to mention his argument is severely flawed and he contradicts himself multiple times. Fallacies, much?

EnidHighSooner
9/17/2007, 07:14 PM
Omg, that gay sounds like a fag i cant stand his voice.

GrapevineSooner
9/17/2007, 07:32 PM
I also hear he's very unoriginal (http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2006/03/espns-colin-cowherd-borrows-m-zone.html).

josh09
9/17/2007, 07:43 PM
How the heck does he think USC has a harder schedule than us, AND like what Sooner Havok said, he all that is from the PAST YEARS, were different this year.

BigUgly
9/17/2007, 07:53 PM
His name is COWHERD, people...

EstablishedSooner1967
9/17/2007, 08:06 PM
This guy is an A** I here him when I travel and he is so pro Pac 10 and USC... it makes me sick I have written several emails and no reply to my dismay. I know OU may or may not be LSU/USC but I can assure you they are FU quality so in my book I have OU in top 4 mix them as you may and bring on all until the smokes clears!

Pepper
9/17/2007, 08:33 PM
He ignores several major facts to demonstrate his point.
1) Texas beat USC a couple of years ago. He just practically said "Don't bring up Vince Young, because it disproves my point."
2) Missouri shockingly bad? They're undefeated with wins over Big 10 and SEC.
3) Nebraska beat the defending ACC champs
4) OU stomped Miami, a team that could still win the ACC

I just wonder by his argument, OU lost their last NC game therefore don't deserve to play for National Championship this year. USC lost their last NC game. So I guess they don't deserve to play for it either.

IronHorseSooner
9/17/2007, 08:42 PM
This is the same @$$h@t that said that teams should pay close attention to AD and do a background check on him because his dad went to prison. He has also had The King on his show, and The King want to talk about AD, and he cut him off. He's a SUC homer. Period!

OU Adonis
9/17/2007, 08:43 PM
The easiest way to shut up the doubters is to win big games. We are 2-5 in our last 7 games vs top 10 competition.

birddog
9/17/2007, 08:58 PM
The easiest way to shut up the doubters is to win big games. We are 2-5 in our last 7 games vs top 10 competition.

i agree with this. we haven't done ourselves any favors in the last few big games we've had. we need some big 12 teams to help us out so it actually looks like a decent win. colorado, a&m, missouri, osu, k-state, i'm talking about you fags. YOU SUCK! get it together already so we can change the perception of the conference.

florida beat a "good" tennessee team (1-2:rolleyes: ) and they jump us in the ap poll. at this point i think we'd lose to lsu and usc but we'd beat florida.

SelmaBamaFan
9/17/2007, 09:06 PM
Cowherd is a Saban hater too! :mad:

noobalicious
9/17/2007, 09:12 PM
Here's somethin for you guys to chew on:

Based on win-loss record of future opponents, Oklahoma has the 8th toughest remaining schedule in D1-A. Our future opponents are a combined 17-6 (.739). Oklahoma State and Iowa State account for 4 of those 6 losses. Compare this with USC (remaining opponents 17-10) and LSU (remaining opponents 12-9).

4 of the 6 teams in the Big 12 South are undefeated. We will wind up playing 3 teams that are currently ranked when we get into conference play, and another (Texas Tech) that is just outside of the rankings. USC only plays two more games against teams that are currently ranked or close to it.

XFollower
9/17/2007, 09:18 PM
Let's just kick butt, one game at a time. Speculation gets us know where at this point.

theboz44
9/17/2007, 09:26 PM
I listen to this ***hole on the way to work every morning when there's nothing else on. He's always given us crap...about 6 months ago he said OU has the worst fans "period."

OK2LA
9/17/2007, 09:30 PM
Let's just kick butt, one game at a time. Speculation gets us know where at this point.

Is it possible to kick butt at a speed of more than one game at a time?

bluedogok
9/17/2007, 09:58 PM
This guy is an A** I here him when I travel and he is so pro Pac 10 and USC... it makes me sick I have written several emails and no reply to my dismay. I know OU may or may not be LSU/USC but I can assure you they are FU quality so in my book I have OU in top 4 mix them as you may and bring on all until the smokes clears!
He is a west coast guy, started out in Seattle I believe. He has always shown a Pac 10 bias and makes no bones about it.

soonerhubs
9/17/2007, 09:59 PM
I say find something more productive to do with our time rather than listen to this guy. Looking for something more mentally stimulating than his words? Well the bar is extremely low. Here's a list:
1) Breath
2) Sleep
3) Any Video Game (yes this includes pong)
In the car:
1) Rock
2) Country
3) Pop
Problem solved. :D

MichiganSooner
9/17/2007, 10:17 PM
From time to time the argument the Sooners should not be in the BCS champ game because we went the last 2 times and lost both. Blah, blah, blah. Going into any game, one team is going to win and one team is going to lose. Facts of life. Against LSU, the last pass to Mark Clayton was in his hands in the endzone. Would have been a sensational catch if hung on. No one else in college ball would have made that catch except Mark. The game was that close. LSU was lucky to get out alive on their "home field." Everybody forgets how close that game was because we scored late. No comments about the game with USC; they beat us and beat us bad and would have done the same, only worse to anyone else.

Fact is, this is college ball; players move on and new ones come in. I just hope the Sooners play their best this season; if we are undefeated we go to the BCS title game no matter what these idiot "experts" say about us.

soonersn2007
9/17/2007, 10:22 PM
The guy is just a hata trying to spread FUD.

soonerboomer93
9/17/2007, 10:29 PM

he was citing the fact that the conference is down. In fact it is down. How well is the conference playing this year? K-state lost to auburn, ISU blows chunks, UT isn't really showing much, CU lost to FSU, OSU blows sheep, Neb got blown out by USC. Right now, lookin in it's OU then everyone else in the Big 12 (yes Texas is top 10 ranked, but they haven't been impressive at all). The conference had a team in the BCS title game 5 times since 2000 and went 2-3. Until the North turns it's **** around, the conference will be viewed poorly.

mdklatt
9/17/2007, 10:31 PM
Cowherd is a Saban hater too! :mad:

Everybody but Bamanians are Saban haters at this point. :D

SelmaBamaFan
9/17/2007, 10:34 PM
You're probably right hehe.

rufnek05
9/17/2007, 10:35 PM
this is nothing new. people always hate on us. i'm use to it.

hink4769
9/17/2007, 10:38 PM
He's right, we just gotta go out and beat everybody on the schedule, we won't get a chance to silience the doubters until January (hopefully). No point in getting riled up about a lack of respect when there's nothing that can be done to change it even if we hang half a hundred on every team we play. Just enjoy the season we got a good team this year.