PDA

View Full Version : Attn: 85 Sooner, Frozen et al. DVR to DVD R question

sooneron
9/17/2007, 03:49 PM
Ok, I want to burn dvds of OU games from my DVR , which is HD. I am running into an issue of aspect ratio. When I run the image or any HD image though the DVDR, it squashes it to nearly an anamorphic picture. Is there any DVDR out there that can take the image via RCA input or whatever and burn something without fugging up the aspect ratio? I just want what it is- 16:9
I spoke to a customer service type for the manufacturer and they said they didn't carry anything that would alleviate this.

Any idears or info on other products?

Sooner Eclipse
9/17/2007, 04:13 PM
Unless you're using a DVDR that is specific to 16.9, I doubt you can do that with a specific built recorder device. However, you can do just that by using your computer with a video card. Use Nero or similar software and set the recording specs to 16.9. Plug your DVR into the video card and start recording from the DVR to the computer. Once saved you can convert it to VOB files and burn it with NERO. Or if the files are too large, convert it to VOB files with NERO and use DVD shrink or similar SW to compress it onto a DVD-R or DVD+R DL.

sooneron
9/17/2007, 04:38 PM
Unless you're using a DVDR that is specific to 16.9, I doubt you can do that with a specific built recorder device. However, you can do just that by using your computer with a video card. Use Nero or similar software and set the recording specs to 16.9. Plug your DVR into the video card and start recording from the DVR to the computer. Once saved you can convert it to VOB files and burn it with NERO. Or if the files are too large, convert it to VOB files with NERO and use DVD shrink or similar SW to compress it onto a DVD-R or DVD+R DL.
2 things-
Mac user and I don't want to tie up the computer and add multiple steps to this process.

Thanks though, I am now hearing that I could get combo drive/dvdr unit that may do the trick.

85Sooner
9/17/2007, 06:25 PM
I dump from my HD-DVR via composite video connections to my dvd/vhs recorder and have both set to 16:9 and have had no problems.

sooneron
9/17/2007, 06:37 PM
I dump from my HD-DVR via composite video connections to my dvd/vhs recorder and have both set to 16:9 and have had no problems.
Weird. Which DVDr do you have? Also, which DVR do you have? Is there a setting for your output?

Frozen Sooner
9/18/2007, 01:38 AM
I have no idea. Sorry. :(