PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for the OU-ut game

mikeb
9/17/2007, 03:04 PM
This will be my first year attending the RRR. So can you guys tell me some of the best hotels to stay at. Thanks in advance.

boomersooner28
9/17/2007, 03:34 PM
Staying at the Doubletree. In know some others on here are also, but not sure who. You better hurry on making reservations wherever you plan to stay, because they will be gone quickly.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:37 PM
I ended up giving away my reservation at the Doubletree. Reserved it a year in advance for $99 a night.

mikeb
9/17/2007, 03:37 PM
Is the Doubletree close to the stadium?

GottaHavePride
9/17/2007, 03:45 PM
Stay at Howzit's. ;)

mdklatt
9/17/2007, 03:52 PM
This is THE best hotel to stay at in Dallas.

http://www.mansiononturtlecreek.com/

mikeb
9/17/2007, 03:58 PM
Stay at Howzit's. ;)
Do they have a website? I can not find one.

TexasLidig8r
9/17/2007, 04:03 PM
Depends on how much you want to spend and the atmosphere you want to be in.

Taxman71
9/17/2007, 04:05 PM
NOTHING is close to the stadium...everyone has to drive (or take a bus, the DART, taxi, etc.) to the game. Plus, you wouldn't want to stay nearby at night. For big $$, you might still get a room Downtown. Plenty of hotels along 635 (LBJ), Central Expressway, Irving, etc....just take your pick based on where you want to be on Friday night b/c you will drive Saturday morning.

I found a bargain at the Radisson ($100) in Richardson...which is only a few miles north of LBJ..maybe 10 miles north of Downtown or so. I also like the Holiday Inn Express and Amerisuites on Central Expressway.

I have spent big bucks to stay downtown before, but it is a waste unless you plan to hangout in the lobby bar since you will be out and about the entire weekend...esp. when you can spend that extra cash on beer at teh fair.

mikeb
9/17/2007, 04:26 PM
Depends on how much you want to spend and the atmosphere you want to be in.
I want to be around allot of SOONER fans and drink several beers on Friday night.

Mongo
9/17/2007, 04:29 PM
I want to be around allot of SOONER fans and drink several beers on Friday night.

At Howzit's, you can have an intimate setting with one sooner fan and a couple of glasses of merlot.

Norman Sooner
9/17/2007, 04:32 PM
Im staying around 2 miles from West End..Quality Inn i think..We got it at $99 a night, but that may have been a month ago. You can try there though..

Howzit
9/17/2007, 04:35 PM
At Howzit's, you can have an intimate setting with one sooner fan and a couple of glasses of merlot.

Yay! Mrs Mongo's dropping by! Again!

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 04:36 PM
I'll be in Howzit's attic.

Anne Frank style.

Mongo
9/17/2007, 04:38 PM

I think she brought home one of your neck ties

Mongo
9/17/2007, 04:43 PM

I think she brought home one of your neck ties

I just checked, it wasn't your tie, but she does have a butt plug with "howzit's favorite stunt ****" written on it

TexasLidig8r
9/17/2007, 05:07 PM

Isn't the Hilton Lincoln Centre (Tollway and LBJ) kind of the unofficial Hillbilly Hotel HQ for the weekend?

then again, if you want to be around a bunch of Sooner fans... any old 7-11 will do just dandy! :D ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/17/2007, 05:15 PM
I think SoonerGirl06 has an open invitation to all members of Soonerfans to stay at her house. I believe she has hired a shuttle bus, and will have bloody marys and omelettes available for all her guests.

mikeb
9/17/2007, 05:40 PM
That sounds great! Everything else is booked.

Taxman71
9/17/2007, 05:41 PM
If you want to be around Sooners, check here:

OUClubofDallas (http://www.ouclubofdallas.com/events_outx_07.php)

rufnek05
9/17/2007, 05:42 PM
NOT where we stay, unless you want to stay in a hotel with 35, extremely drunk, college guys

9/17/2007, 05:52 PM
I think SoonerGirl06 has an open invitation to all members of Soonerfans to stay at her house. I believe she has hired a shuttle bus, and will have bloody marys and omelettes available for all her guests.Hey, don't anyone take this seriously! (I had better clear this up before she gets all sorts of inquiries)

mikeb
9/17/2007, 06:34 PM
Well I guess I will have to stay at the red roof inn.

Chuck Bao
9/17/2007, 07:23 PM
The Melrose.

mikeb
9/17/2007, 08:11 PM
The Melrose.
booked :(

proud gonzo
9/17/2007, 08:44 PM
Stay at Howzit's. ;)and don't ask first. Just show up.

Wouldn't it be awesome if like 20 of us showed up with tents and camped in his yard w/o warning? It'd be like a hobo village.

Howzit
9/17/2007, 08:49 PM
and don't ask first. Just show up.

Wouldn't it be awesome if like 20 of us showed up with tents and camped in his yard w/o warning? It'd be like a hobo village.

My sprinklers are going off, like, a brazilian times that night.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 09:25 PM
My sprinklers are going off, like, a brazilian times that night.

I'll bring my 9 iron. We'll have your front yard looking like the Bellagio fountains in no time.

mikeb
9/18/2007, 12:36 PM
:(
Hey, don't anyone take this seriously! (I had better clear this up before she gets all sorts of inquiries)

IB4OU2
9/18/2007, 12:45 PM
Well since Howzie isn't letting us stay at his house wer'e staying at the Adams Mark downtown on Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks Buddy....I could have saved about 5 hundy...:(

TexasLidig8r
9/18/2007, 01:20 PM
Well since Howzie isn't letting us stay at his house wer'e staying at the Adams Mark downtown on Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks Buddy....I could have saved about 5 hundy...:(

Adams Mark used to be the old Southland Life Building.. when built in 1958(?), it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi.

I started my legal career with a law firm on the 24th floor... if that is the floor you get put on, look for the burn marks on the concrete floor under the carpet where my chair used to be as I scorched opposing counsel! :D

oh.. and we used to be able to get on the roof on July 4, drink champagne and watch fireworks all over the city. Greatness.

soonerbrat
9/18/2007, 02:19 PM
This will be my first year attending the RRR. So can you guys tell me some of the best hotels to stay at. Thanks in advance.

i don't accept RRR.
it will always be RRSO to me.

9/18/2007, 02:36 PM
i don't accept RRR.
it will always be RRSO to me.Shootout as one word...RRS, to me. We is wild west types.

IB4OU2
9/18/2007, 03:35 PM
Adams Mark used to be the old Southland Life Building.. when built in 1958(?), it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi.

I started my legal career with a law firm on the 24th floor... if that is the floor you get put on, look for the burn marks on the concrete floor under the carpet where my chair used to be as I scorched opposing counsel! :D

oh.. and we used to be able to get on the roof on July 4, drink champagne and watch fireworks all over the city. Greatness.

How about loose hair? Might there be any of that? ;)

btw, any good resturants/clubs close by Lid?

TexasLidig8r
9/18/2007, 03:53 PM
How about loose hair? Might there be any of that? ;)

btw, any good resturants/clubs close by Lid?

oh yah...

Take a cab to Victory Plaza Friday night. Make reservations at Nove (Italian) or N9ne (Steak) or Kenichi (Asian).. hang out for some beers at Victory Tavern or go up to the Ghostbar...

Sambuca on McKinney will be hopping those nights! Good jazz and pretty good food too.

West End is dead now and only teenagers and kids under 21 will be there the night before the game.

West Village in Uptown will be jam packed as well.. alot of restaurants/bars in there.

Iron Cactus on Main Street has decent messkin food and killer margaritas and a more eclectic crowd will be late night at Purgatory.

Gonna be a fun weekend!

TAFBSooner
9/18/2007, 09:39 PM
Adams Mark . . .

. . . so you were the inspiration for Boston Legal. :D

TAFBSooner
9/18/2007, 09:49 PM
Avoid the traffic, take DART to the game. Take the Red or Blue line to City Place Station, go up the stairs, get on the bus to the Cotton Bowl. If the bus gets stopped in traffic, prevail on the driver to let y'all out and walk the last two blocks - it's quicker.

There is a very reasonable day pass that covers train and bus both ways. Buy it at the train station. The downside is the line and stairs (lots of stairs) at City Place. But there are lines any way you go. Spend your trip talking smack to the people in the ugly color, instead of cussing the traffic.

http://www.dart.org

9/19/2007, 12:59 AM
Well, I guess SoonerGirl06 ACTUALLY IS going to have a big HQ place for the RRS at her house, as she stated in one of the Flamingo threads. She promises margaritas, beer and sodas for SOONERFANS. (She didn't discuss lodging)

TexasLidig8r
9/19/2007, 09:04 AM
Avoid the traffic, take DART to the game. Take the Red or Blue line to City Place Station, go up the stairs, get on the bus to the Cotton Bowl. If the bus gets stopped in traffic, prevail on the driver to let y'all out and walk the last two blocks - it's quicker.

There is a very reasonable day pass that covers train and bus both ways. Buy it at the train station. The downside is the line and stairs (lots of stairs) at City Place. But there are lines any way you go. Spend your trip talking smack to the people in the ugly color, instead of cussing the traffic.

http://www.dart.org

That.. or.. take the super secret back roads way which avoids all the traffic to get there!! :D

colleyvillesooner
9/19/2007, 09:06 AM
That.. or.. take the super secret back roads way which avoids all the traffic to get there!! :D

Ahh yes, the super secret back roads. The wife couldn't believe how fast we got to the fairgrounds.