PDA

View Full Version : After watching the Emmy's last night...

The Maestro
9/17/2007, 12:23 PM
...give me Julia Louis Dreyfus over the rest of the flash in the pans. That woman still brings the heat, in my opinion, and is the only "Seinfeld" star to have a decent show since the greatest show ever ended.

She's been sexy for 20 years now...and still brings it.

Her or the chick from "Weeds". I must be getting old...I like Cougar's!

And what the hell was some guy from "Extras" doing beating Alec Baldwin or Steve Carell for best comedic actor?!?! I definitely loved James Spader's acceptance speech.

TUSooner
9/17/2007, 03:44 PM
I watched some of the show, too. At least it was on in the next room. I hardly knew who anybody was or had watched any of the shows. Based on what I saw and heard, I'm convnced that it's just fine to be an unhip TV ignoramus these days.
But at least they got Kanye to poke a little fun at himself.

TopDawg
1/29/2008, 03:45 PM
And what the hell was some guy from "Extras" doing beating Alec Baldwin or Steve Carell for best comedic actor?!?!

Uhhh...Ricky Gervais? Hell yeah, dude. He's the guy who created The Office. If it wasn't for him, Steve Carrell wouldn't have even been on the radar.

The Maestro
1/29/2008, 04:05 PM
Uhhh...Ricky Gervais? Hell yeah, dude. He's the guy who created The Office. If it wasn't for him, Steve Carrell wouldn't have even been on the radar.

Oh yeah? Well nice quick response!!!

;)

tbl
1/29/2008, 04:15 PM
Wow...

TopDawg
1/29/2008, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah? Well nice quick response!!!

;)

heh...I was doing a search for Extras cuz I wanted to talk about it. That's how I stumbled on this and the For Your Consideration thread I also bumped. :D

TopDawg
1/29/2008, 06:14 PM
Having said that about Gervais...I do love 30 Rock. I'm glad it won for best comedy show. I don't think Baldwin carries it though.

Gervais in Extras is brilliant.

soonerbrat
1/29/2008, 08:17 PM
are you havin' a laugh?

SoonerStormchaser
1/29/2008, 08:47 PM
I like Cougar's!

This board isn't big enough for the both of us! And since I have cemented my status as the prime choice of cougar bait here...