PDA

View Full Version : OU/Tulsa - My Take

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/17/2007, 11:39 AM
Stats (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272580202&confId=80)

Here are the stats from Tulsa/BYU

This game was bombs away as far as passing goes. BYU does not have the recievers of OU nor the solid play of Bradford. Tulsa nor BYU has the secondary of OU...Or the entire defense for that matter. So I don't expect this game to be all that close like some are fearing.

Like a lot of you, I don't call for blow outs all that often because if you do and it's close then you look like an idiot. But I am here to tell you not to be decieved by the TU game this past weekend because it's entirely different. I will be attending this game and will be behind the OU bench about 12 rows up. I bought a ticket for my dad that hasn't been to an OU game since the late 70's and am looking forward to it and I don't expect my Sooners to let me or any of us down. They are taking this game seriously im sure.

That being said...

OU - 49
TU - 10

PhiDeltBeers
9/17/2007, 11:46 AM
what section are you in??

PhiDeltBeers
9/17/2007, 11:47 AM
And I think you may be right on as far as score goes.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/17/2007, 12:03 PM
what section are you in??

I can't remember which section but I think I am on the 35-40 yard line.

I think section R

PhiDeltBeers
9/17/2007, 12:07 PM
JUST WONDERING, I'M IN THE 14TH ROW BEHIND OU IN SEC P

MichiganSooner
9/17/2007, 10:05 PM
I'm in the 4th row behind OU in Sec P.

My job is stand up down in front and make you all stand!!

Hope you're right BoomerBradley. I just remember Paul Smith and Garrett Mills giving us all kinds of problems a couple years ago. AD pulled it out in the 4th quarter with a fantastic run. Sam seems to be a lot further along than our former used car salesman was at the time of that game. And our D is playing a lot better so far than the D of the team a few years ago.

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 10:06 PM
Should be a test of sorts for our secondary, that's about it....

AZSOONER
9/17/2007, 10:09 PM
That's just absurd. 49 points? Did you do that on purpose? 3 games of half a hundred and you're gonna predict 49?!?!?!?!

thatmediadude
9/17/2007, 11:33 PM
Nuff said....55-14. But it's tied at 7 early in the first..

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 12:10 AM
I'm in what I refer to as my Archie Bunker seat 10 feet from the TV with a beer in my hand.

Gotta leave work early so I won't miss the beginning, but it'll be worth it to see it live rather than DVR it, that way if anything big happens I can stroll ovber here to the computer during a commercial to join all you guys for the fun.

Maybe I'll even get some in-game red spek from my bestest friend on the board!

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 12:11 AM
Oh...and my prediction is 68-3

sooner518
9/18/2007, 12:30 AM
due to the girl, i will not be watching the game. she has decreed it so. i only agreed becuase we havent seen each other in months and Friday night will be when she gets into town. but im gonna be pouting about missing the game.

ill be DVRing it and watching it later. OU 52 TU - 13

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 12:52 AM
Been there 518...Do what I always did and try to avoid ALL media so you can fully enjoy it.

stoopified
9/18/2007, 11:24 AM
62-17

Collier11
9/18/2007, 11:53 AM
Tu's secondary and D-lines cant hold up against our WR's and O-line. They will keep it close for a while, probably late second qt similiar to Miami but I predict 42-14

bri
9/18/2007, 01:42 PM
God, I sure hope poor TU can keep within 100 of mighty OU.

I wonder if Gus Malzahn has any Statue Of Liberty plays in the ol' playbook?

stoopified
9/18/2007, 01:45 PM
Tu had no answer for BYU and will be clueless against OUr Offense.The only way it stays within 30 is IF OUr coaches choose to call off the dogs early.Miami's D was much better.

sooner518
9/18/2007, 02:33 PM
Been there 518...Do what I always did and try to avoid ALL media so you can fully enjoy it.

I think a media blackout, along with turning off my cell phone is my best option. I have never, EVER been able to do this successfully though. I always crack and check the internet or something. but then again, Ive never missed an OU football game.

proudsoonergal
9/18/2007, 09:35 PM
due to the girl, i will not be watching the game. she has decreed it so. i only agreed becuase we havent seen each other in months and Friday night will be when she gets into town. but im gonna be pouting about missing the game.

ill be DVRing it and watching it later. OU 52 TU - 13

That's just wrong. I'm biased, of course, but horrible is it that you can't watch the game? The perfect scenario is that she would be coming in and you guys would watch the game together. (This is coming from someone who brought a handheld TV to a wedding reception, so I'm probably not the best source here.)

Oh....OU 45, Tulsa 17. Our half-a-hundred streak will end. :(

salth2o
9/18/2007, 09:56 PM
Why Oklahoma will win... Speed, speed, speed. Tulsa has not seen this type of team speed in their first two games and allowed almost 700 total yards to BYU.

Why Tulsa wont win...The Sooners are on a mission and even with a roadtrip to Boulder next week, cannot afford to look past the Golden Hurricanes.

What will happen... Tulsa will hang around (on pure emotion) for maybe a quarter. Then reality will set in and Sam Bradford will throw three TD's and run for another. One of the Sooner Running Backs will break one 50+ yd TD run. The Sooner D or special teams will get one score.

OU 52
TU 10

sooner518....this is for you. http://www.splendad.com/ads/show/750-Milwaukees-Best-Light-Match

King Crimson
9/18/2007, 10:07 PM
OU 36-18

aurorasooner
9/18/2007, 10:08 PM
I watched the Tulsa/BYU game back last night, and the BYU offense that didn't set-the-world-on-fire vs UCLA and Arizona, just lit-up the Tulsa D, and imo, the BYU offense isn't anywhere close to the Sooner offense. Also the BYU DBs were out-of-position all over the field and when they were in position they didn't make the plays. I like the Tulsa running plays, where they actually do some ball-faking like we've started to do, without AD, and I was a little worried after seeing what BYU did to UCLA, but after watching Grady destroy the UCLA D, I don't think UCLA is very good this year, and that goes for BYU as well.
After last Friday night though, we'd better come out with our A game. If our defense does and we force 3 and outs early, this one could get ugly. If our DBs are getting beat deep, and PS has plenty of time to throw, then this could be a shoot-out until in to the 2nd half. I listened to the Sports-Urinal (only listen when Dean comes on because AL and Traboor by themselves are absolutely worthless to listen to, to get any CFB conversation), and Dean actually made a good comment about Todd Graham's comment that his 3 LBs had their best game vs BYU and their D gave up 600 yards to BYU. I was LMAO as well, on the 3-some Sports Urinal's comments about the Aggie advertising for the "greatest Offense in the world". I didn't realize Georgia had that posted all over their locker-room. An "Aggie-it-up" at it's finest.

CatfishSooner
9/18/2007, 10:13 PM
59-6

Ash
9/18/2007, 10:25 PM
Our team hasn't really been tested. Haven't you guys kept up with the message board experts? We've played nothing but creampuffs.

Plus, they're going to be inspired by the 4 students that show up to the game in Boise State t-shirts.

Plus, 'ol program wrecker Gus and crew have some crafty high school plays waitin' for our over pursuing defense. Why not, it's being played on Friday.

Oh, and did I mention Boise State...look for about 10 statue of liberty's, five fumble-rooskies, 15 hook and ladders, 10 flea-flickers...and a bunch of other ridiculous crap...er, trick plays.

Getting back to the message board experts, I just read somewhere that Sam Bradford is really an average QB, but have you seen Tulsa's QB? He's frickin' Joe Montana-Favre-Unitas-Marino-Elway III.

Hate to say it guys, but Tulsa pulls off the upset bid in a shootout this week:
Golden ******* 63
OU 56

sooner518
9/18/2007, 10:45 PM
That's just wrong. I'm biased, of course, but horrible is it that you can't watch the game? The perfect scenario is that she would be coming in and you guys would watch the game together. (This is coming from someone who brought a handheld TV to a wedding reception, so I'm probably not the best source here.)

Oh....OU 45, Tulsa 17. Our half-a-hundred streak will end. :(
all the girls I know tell me I am stupid for even thinking about watching the game. naturally, all the guys I know tell me I am stupid for thinking about NOT watching the game. im thinking there is some kind of gender gap here. im just gonna play it safe

Blue
9/18/2007, 10:47 PM
OU- 38 tu- 17

cvsooner
9/20/2007, 02:54 PM
In all seriousness here, if that's not a refreshing change of pace, Tulsa could be troublesome. This will genuinely be the first test of the Sooner defense, and there are some aspects of the Golden Hurricane attack that will prove to be interesting.

If nothing else, it will be valuable experience, because really, the offense Tulsa is running looks to me to be pretty close to the Texas Tech and Missouri offenses...which is also why I think we shouldn't have THAT much trouble with it.

One of the big keys to this game for OU will be to put up a really solid running attack, control the ball and eat up the clock. A high-powered offense, such as TU's, can't score in a hurry if they haven't got the ball. I do see them having some success early, but how much...can't say, yet. If Tulsa can't get the ball rolling, well, it could get ugly for the Hurricane.

Our biggest defensive test, so far, has been the switch in quarterbacks against Miami. That was about the only time anybody has been able to drive, yet. TU's running game doesn't seem all that great--certainly not up to Miami's. Sooner secondary should have a good game, especially if the front four can spend a lot of time in the TU backfield. But Smith is a competitor, and smart, and can run. He could be a big factor in keeping this close.

OU's offense will need to play smart, use up the clock, give the defense a rest, and mount several solid scoring drives. Special teams could be the real edge here--it's about time for someone to break a punt return for a TD.

I expect Tulsa to give up over 50 points, unless we're just really conservative, but since they couldn't seem to stop BYU's aerial game, I don't see that as being the case.

So...okay, OU 52-17.

Anybody know when the Sooners head up I-44?

KEGTOP
9/20/2007, 03:11 PM
Our team hasn't really been tested. Haven't you guys kept up with the message board experts? We've played nothing but creampuffs.

Plus, they're going to be inspired by the 4 students that show up to the game in Boise State t-shirts.

Plus, 'ol program wrecker Gus and crew have some crafty high school plays waitin' for our over pursuing defense. Why not, it's being played on Friday.

Oh, and did I mention Boise State...look for about 10 statue of liberty's, five fumble-rooskies, 15 hook and ladders, 10 flea-flickers...and a bunch of other ridiculous crap...er, trick plays.

Getting back to the message board experts, I just read somewhere that Sam Bradford is really an average QB, but have you seen Tulsa's QB? He's frickin' Joe Montana-Favre-Unitas-Marino-Elway III.

Hate to say it guys, but Tulsa pulls off the upset bid in a shootout this week:
Golden ******* 63
OU 56

You have to be kidding me.....LOL

SoonerGM
9/20/2007, 04:23 PM
Well, TU is the 2nd best team in the state :D

We should be able to score 50+ again, but this could be interesting for the defense simply because that Paul Smith guy is annoying. He will probably steal a few sacks from us by getting rid of the ball for a 1st down right before eating the dirt.

Dan Thompson
9/20/2007, 04:37 PM
48 or more - 13 depends when Stoops calls them off.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/20/2007, 04:38 PM
all the girls I know tell me I am stupid for even thinking about watching the game. naturally, all the guys I know tell me I am stupid for thinking about NOT watching the game. im thinking there is some kind of gender gap here. im just gonna play it safe
I think you're dating the wrong girl.

19/f/ok :D :D :D

daMentor
9/21/2007, 04:08 PM
TU comes out with a lot of trick plays. They put up a few points early, but we wear them down in the end. The second half is all OU.

OU 56 - TU 17

r5TPsooner
9/21/2007, 04:11 PM
My Take:

The wife just called and said that we're going to drunkytown tonight and she is gonna give me a intimate halftime show and is at the liquor store pickin up the goods.

Then after the game... well.... that's none of your business but it'll be natty.:D

PAW
9/21/2007, 04:36 PM
I know we have the horsepigs, but wth . . .
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4447/260387134e65673f3b1mp1.jpg

Miko
9/21/2007, 04:38 PM
My Take:

The wife just called and said that we're going to drunkytown tonight and she is gonna give me a intimate halftime show and is at the liquor store pickin up the goods.

Then after the game... well.... that's none of your business but it'll be natty.:D

This post needs pics. :pop:

StoopTroup
9/21/2007, 04:38 PM
77-0

sooner-n-ga
9/21/2007, 04:55 PM
OU on TV in what should be a blow out or

My local High school team which is ranked #2 in the state of Georgia playing the #3 team in a higher classification in the state playing here.

Might have to set the DVR and go catch some High School ball.

stoopified
9/22/2007, 05:59 AM
62-17
Missed it by 4 points.

jrsooner
9/22/2007, 06:34 AM
all the girls I know tell me I am stupid for even thinking about watching the game. naturally, all the guys I know tell me I am stupid for thinking about NOT watching the game. im thinking there is some kind of gender gap here. im just gonna play it safeNope... you just got in with the wrong crowd. My wife makes sure I get to see the Sooners whenever they are on the TV. :)

UberSooner
9/22/2007, 09:54 AM
Missed it by 4 points.

We're gonna set you up with a 1-900 number . . . for gambling . . . not for that, uh . . . other stuff.