PDA

View Full Version : Florida and the SEC

Petro-Sooner
9/17/2007, 09:39 AM
Does Florida play lsu this year? Also, does the sec play its conference games similar to the Big 12? Meaning the east plays everyone in the east, the west the same, but rotates every two years of teams on the opposite side?

leematthews
9/17/2007, 09:40 AM
Florida does play LSU this year. And possibly two times if they both make the SEC 'chip game.

David Earl
9/17/2007, 09:53 AM
It would be sweet if they played twice and beat each other. USC could lose in the PAC 10. I want to play Wofford for the champeenship!

cjames317
9/17/2007, 09:59 AM
Is Tim Tebow the next Vince Young (without the head panty)?

Discuss.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/17/2007, 10:00 AM
Fla and LSU play the same day we play texass.

MextheBulldog
9/17/2007, 10:22 AM
In Baton Rouge. I cannot decide if i'm more tired of Gator championships or LSU buzz/trash-talking. I am pulling for a tie.

OSUAggie
9/17/2007, 10:49 AM
Also, does the sec play its conference games similar to the Big 12? Meaning the east plays everyone in the east, the west the same, but rotates every two years of teams on the opposite side?

Kinda.

But they have locked-in cross-division rivalries that are played every year (i.e Tennessee-'Bama, Auburn-Georgia, etc.).

The non-locked portion of their cross-division games rotate.

LSUdeek
9/17/2007, 08:50 PM
Kinda.

But they have locked-in cross-division rivalries that are played every year (i.e Tennessee-'Bama, Auburn-Georgia, etc.).

Some LSU fans are actually upset that we play UF every year, because it's a tough game. :rolleyes:

Me, I like the challenge.

ClintonSooner
9/17/2007, 08:52 PM
Who gives a **** what you like? I hate you all Boomer Sooner!:D

birddog
9/17/2007, 09:18 PM
Is Tim Tebow the next Vince Young (without the head panty)?

Discuss.

son, you've got a panty on yer head.

birddog
9/17/2007, 09:19 PM
Some LSU fans are actually upset that we play UF every year, because it's a tough game. :rolleyes:

Me, I like the challenge.

that's how we feel about playing texass every year. i don't think there's a single person that would want to have it ruined like ou-nu.

soonergooner
9/18/2007, 05:45 AM
****I am pulling for a tie**** Me, I am hoping for a giant tsunamy of cajun muck appear on the lsu side, suck the entire team, smiless, and all of their fans to the deep recesses of the earth where the only connection to the outside world is a huge screen showing OU constantly and continuously. Yeah, that would be ok... cept deek, seems to be a nice chap. Now the rest of them...

OUrules
9/18/2007, 07:10 AM
God forbid I ever have to back to New Orleans again unless it's for Mardi Gras. The NC game there was the worst opposing team fan experience ever. What a bunch of rude, obnoxious a-holes...before, during and after the game...LSU moved up my hate list after that damn game...

Suerreal
9/18/2007, 08:27 AM
Kinda.

I wish the Big XII had cross-division rivalry games. Losing the annual OU-Nebraska matchup was a tough sacrifice to create the Big XII. Probably even tougher for Nebraska in terms of the loss of a quality game/strength of schedule, because the South has been so dominant.

kevpks
9/18/2007, 08:40 AM
I wish the Big XII had cross-division rivalry games. Losing the annual OU-Nebraska matchup was a tough sacrifice to create the Big XII. Probably even tougher for Nebraska in terms of the loss of a quality game/strength of schedule, because the South has been so dominant.

Losing the OU/NU game and taking in those four Texas viruses were the biggest downsides in forming the Big XII.

RiddlerOK
9/18/2007, 10:40 AM
Just imagine what it would be like now if TCU or Houston had joined the Big XII instead of Baylor...............

David Earl
9/18/2007, 11:46 AM
Just imagine what it would be like now if TCU or Houston had joined the Big XII instead of Baylor...............

We wouldn't have sic'em around here to enterain us.

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2007, 02:46 PM
Oh Christ.
:rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/18/2007, 02:58 PM
It would be sweet if they played twice and beat each other. USC could lose in the PAC 10. I want to play Wofford for the champeenship!Glad you didn't say Boise State!

silverwheels
9/18/2007, 02:59 PM

TCU or Houston would be the Baylor of the Big 12 in football, and their other sports would be horrible as well.