PDA

View Full Version : The Invisible Man: Mike Reed

boomersooner28
9/17/2007, 09:01 AM
Wow. With so much hype for this youngster coming in, I just read where Lamont Robinson got the mop-up duty playing over Mike Reed on Saturday. I didn't get to see the game. So, with Curtis Lofton playing so well and only being a Junior, and Robinson a year younger than Reed, will Mike Reed ever see the playing field?

IronSooner
9/17/2007, 09:11 AM
I was surprised at that too. My dad (who pays for info, etc) said he's been in the doghouse with the coaches and that he probably won't see a whole lot of time in the foreseeable future.

Anyone else know more?

The Maestro
9/17/2007, 10:55 AM
Anyone else know more?

Yes. Curtis Lofton is dominating the field from his middle linebacker spot. Mike Reed picked a bad time to play middle linebacker at OU, cause Lofton is going nowhere.

snp
9/17/2007, 11:07 AM
Reed is struggling to pick up the defense, which isn't that uncommon since it's always told that BV runs a pretty tough package for the backers.

Scott D
9/17/2007, 02:09 PM
I'm happy for Lamont Robinson to be honest.

Will
9/17/2007, 02:10 PM
Mike Reed did blow some people up in our scrimmages...

wdupyall
9/17/2007, 02:13 PM
hopefully Mike Reed gets his act together...his knock your head off mentality would be great for the Sooners. I cant imagine this guy not on kickoff and kickoff return.

mizzOUstu702
9/17/2007, 03:20 PM
What's the rules on redshirting, exactly? I know he played a little pickup time in the UNT game, but isn't it something like if someone plays under 10% they can still redshirt? Maybe he can get in shape, get his act together and be ready for next year. Coming into a program in December and trying to learn several complicated schemes is hard for any player--freshman or not.

colleyvillesooner
9/17/2007, 03:25 PM
I think I read somewhere that he has 2 years to play 2. No redshirt possible.

humblesooner
9/17/2007, 04:32 PM
What's the rules on redshirting, exactly? I know he played a little pickup time in the UNT game, but isn't it something like if someone plays under 10% they can still redshirt? Maybe he can get in shape, get his act together and be ready for next year. Coming into a program in December and trying to learn several complicated schemes is hard for any player--freshman or not.

If you play one down, it is considered a year played. The exception is in the event of a season ending injury (medical redshirt). I am not positive, but I think the season ending injury has to be before your team plays 20% or 25% of their regular season games.

NormanPride
9/17/2007, 04:46 PM
He'll be in on goalline sets, I imagine. Loftin is just too much of a stud to keep off the field. I honestly haven't seen a LB as good as him in the Stoops era.

Soonermagik
9/17/2007, 05:12 PM
I'm not going to call him Chijokie, but I will say that he could be over hyped. Remember big Moe??? He was a bust too that had lots of hype.

Great players must have good attitudes, pick up the system, work hard and they will see the field. If you come in to this program with a lack luster attitude you will not start.

snp
9/17/2007, 07:20 PM
Moe wasn't a bust as in the overhyped and no results sense. He did pretty well in his short time for a young, unmotivated fatty.

goingoneight
9/17/2007, 10:14 PM
Hale said he was going to redshirt to get in better shape and learn the defense... available if an injury provided an opening.