PDA

View Full Version : If you're looking for a Wii

Widescreen
9/17/2007, 01:25 AM
I bought one a 12:30 on Sunday at the Best Buy next to Crossroads Mall. They had just got a big shipment in. It's worth a shot.

OUDoc
9/17/2007, 08:31 AM
You guys still having problems getting one? My parents bought my nephew one a few months ago. They just went to Best Buy and picked one up. Didn't know they were still hard to get.

dolemitesooner
9/17/2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah you can't really find them around here. They still go on ebay for profit. Every time I am in BEST BUY I go over and see if they have one.

OUDoc
9/17/2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah you can't really find them around here. They still go on ebay for profit. Every time I am in BEST BUY I go over and see if they have one.
Wow. It's been like that since Christmas?

SoonerAtKU
9/17/2007, 09:35 AM
Sundays are the best days. Target and Best Buy get new shipments then.

dolemitesooner
9/17/2007, 09:37 AM
Wow. It's been like that since Christmas?
Umm yeah last time I looked. It looks like more are coming in now tho.

You can't sell them for 400 on Ebay anymore, but you still cant find them in stores

badger
9/17/2007, 09:45 AM
Wii is awesome, NP and I have had one since Thanksgiving and it's fun. Highly recommend!

Games you should try for Wii:
- Paper Mario (a fun little Mario game)
- Mario Strikers (best with more people, can play online)
- Resident Evil 4 (just awesome)
- Zelda Twilight Princess (in case you haven't finished it already)
- Wii Play (get it for the extra controller and the extra controller only)

Avoid like the plague:
- Red Steel (very glitchy)
- Tiger Woods (I'm swinging the club backwards, but Tiger's swinging it forwards?!)

Downloadable games that are fun:
-Super Mario Bros. (yes, the original)
-Contra 3
-Every Zelda
-Super Metroid

EDIT: I checked into availability of Wii, and it appears as though shortages will stay through the rest of the year--- check around now or miss out come holiday season!

Widescreen
9/17/2007, 09:49 AM
Get thee to the Best Buy mentioned in my 1st post. I was shocked to find them as I've been searching here in the north dallas area for several weeks and the shelf has been empty every time (even 1st thing sunday morning). They had at least 40 of them yesterday afternoon. Didn't realize I'd have to travel to OKC to get one though. :D