PDA

View Full Version : A game observation

Killerbees
9/16/2007, 06:31 PM
I will probably get slammed for this but w/e...

I made it to my first game this year and after watching our guys play live, I have to say that Bradford looks very avg. Of course he is only a fresh, but still. He locks onto his target early and rarely checks off. He forces the ball to his primary target or throws it away. So far he has thrown the ball well enough, and the DBs we have faced are bad enough, that he has gotten away with it. His arm strength is not the best and he has only hit one deep ball on the mark out of the six attempts (2 of those misses were caught but the one in this game looked like a duck and was behind the other was behind also). He missed many open WRs and chose to throw a more risky pass into better coverage.

I am by no means saying he sucks, I just dont believe the QB spot is as solid as some apparently believe. I think he is doing great for a fr QB and certainly he will grow and continue to improve but dont be shocked if our passing game winds up getting shut down in a few games this year. I think our running game and our OL is good enough to carry us but its gonna create some close games down the road.

Now you can say I suck or Im blind, or spit out Bradfords godly stats to show me how ridiculous I sound but this is what I saw. Maybe I am wrong but I dont think so.

Oh and overall the team looks great but I think this was their sloppiest game, to be expected though since its hard to get excited about playing one of the worst teams in 1A.

My Opinion Matters
9/16/2007, 06:35 PM

Yeah. I have no doubt.

My Opinion Matters
9/16/2007, 06:36 PM
You know who else isn't that great? That Jesus guy. Sure, he turned water into wine, but COME ON...ENOUGH WITH THE HYPE.

My Opinion Matters
9/16/2007, 06:39 PM
And what was up with that 92 yard touchdown run by Murray? You call that speed? Puhleeze.

Soonerus
9/16/2007, 06:39 PM
I think Bradford is playing really well

My Opinion Matters
9/16/2007, 06:41 PM
Sam Bradford<<<<<<<<Zac Robinson/Bobby Reid.

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 06:42 PM

I made it to my first game this year and after watching our guys play live, I have to say that Bradford looks very avg. Of course he is only a fresh, but still. He locks onto his target early and rarely checks off. He forces the ball to his primary target or throws it away. So far he has thrown the ball well enough, and the DBs we have faced are bad enough, that he has gotten away with it. His arm strength is not the best and he has only hit one deep ball on the mark out of the six attempts (2 of those misses were caught but the one in this game looked like a duck and was behind the other was behind also). He missed many open WRs and chose to throw a more risky pass into better coverage.

I am by no means saying he sucks, I just dont believe the QB spot is as solid as some apparently believe. I think he is doing great for a fr QB and certainly he will grow and continue to improve but dont be shocked if our passing game winds up getting shut down in a few games this year. I think our running game and our OL is good enough to carry us but its gonna create some close games down the road.

Now you can say I suck or Im blind, or spit out Bradfords godly stats to show me how ridiculous I sound but this is what I saw. Maybe I am wrong but I dont think so.

Oh and overall the team looks great but I think this was their sloppiest game, to be expected though since its hard to get excited about playing one of the worst teams in 1A.

I don't even know where to begin with this post, so the only thing i will say is are you Nick Zep?:pop:

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 06:46 PM
Somehow those avg. receivers keep blowing by every safety we've played too.

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 06:48 PM
Somehow those avg. receivers keep blowing by every safety we've played too.
I know, poor ole Malcolm Kelly isn't even good enough to be preseason all Big 12 on the first team; whatever will we do:D

kevpks
9/16/2007, 06:52 PM
His arm strength is not the best and he has only hit one deep ball on the mark out of the six attempts (2 of those misses were caught but the one in this game looked like a duck and was behind the other was behind also). He missed many open WRs and chose to throw a more risky pass into better coverage.

How can it be a "miss" if our receiver caught it? Some of the best QBs ever in college had arm strength that was "not the best." Bradford makes great decisions and throws accurate passes.

TMcGee86
9/16/2007, 06:53 PM

I sort of commend you for hanging your balls out there, but seriously, what you've just described (missing some deep balls, and not looking off wr's) defines probably 95% of college QB's.

And we are talking about a freshman that has no game experience.

No one, and I mean no one, comes into the league looking off WR's and hitting their 4th option routinely.

Hell, there's a good percentage of NFL Qb's that aren't great at that.

The more important facts are that he is poised in the pocket, he gets to balls to WR's in stride, and he doesnt force things or make stupid decisions.

Those things are HUGE for a freshman to accomplish.

What you are saying is like getting ****ed that a brand new toyota corolla doesnt do 180 mph.

Unreasonble expectations man.

JLB
9/16/2007, 06:53 PM

Why in the hell does their always have to be a terd in the punch bowl.
Just shut up and enjoy the ride man.:confused:

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 06:55 PM
I sort of commend you for hanging your balls out there, but seriously, what you've just described (missing some deep balls, and not looking off wr's) defines probably 95% of college QB's.

No one, and I mean no one, comes into the league looking off WR's and hitting their 4th option routinely.

The more important facts are that he is poised in the pocket, he gets to balls to WR's in stride, and he doesnt force things or make stupid decisions.

What you are saying is like getting ****ed that a brand new toyota corolla doesnt do 180 mph.

Well said.

SoonerEmpire
9/16/2007, 06:55 PM
Where's Eric Moore and Justin Fuente when we need them?!

We're DOOMED!! :rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 06:56 PM
Where's Eric Moore and Justin Fuente when we need them?!

We're DOOMED!! :rolleyes:
Naw, we need to go back to the option and bring back Dean the Dream:D

Killerbees
9/16/2007, 07:04 PM

I never said he sucked, or was playing bad, I just said he is an avg QB as compared to all the other QBs playing, I think he is have a great start as a FR and is playing better than I could have expected.

I guess I should have stated a bit more clearly that I am excited about his potential and his playing so far, I just think there is a lot of room for improvement.

I am for sure not Nick Zep. Please dont associate me with that name, thats about the worst insult I have gotten in a while.

Newbomb Turk
9/16/2007, 07:11 PM
I guess somebody always wants to nitpick - and that's fine, any fan certainly has that right.

Who knows how Sam finishes the year, but to knock anything he's done so far is questionable at best.

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 07:13 PM
I think Sam is one of the best Freshman QB's we've had in quite awhile.

We also are enjoying watching our O-line have great success.

Watching Sam run out of bounds kinda of reminded me of Jason White scrambling before he blew a knee.

I think Sam is going to be one of the best we've ever seen...

I just have a feeling...

tommieharris91
9/16/2007, 07:14 PM
Sam Bradford<<<<<<<<Zac Robinson/Bobby Reid.

I hope you're not serious.

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2007, 07:16 PM
I am more concerned about the problems our best player is having. What is up with Hartley missing two XPs? Suffering a "groin injury" while making a tackle is no excuse! Why, even his kick offs were shorter than normal, this may spell the end of OUr season! :D :D

My Opinion Matters
9/16/2007, 07:20 PM
I hope you're not serious.

Welcome to the internet.

SoonerEmpire
9/16/2007, 07:23 PM
And what is up with the Ruf/Neks and whoever else is responsible for Boomer and Sooner?! I hear they've been holding out on caring for Boomer and Sooner. Been hearing they've been limiting the times that they feed those poor little ponies and that they're malnourished.

If that is indeed the case and is true, then this season has already gone down the drain. We'll be lucky to win just one more game! :D :D :D

hink4769
9/16/2007, 07:23 PM
well bradford looks alot better than any of the qbs on the teams on our schedule and thats all that matters really. we don't need peyton manning to win the big 12.

usmc-sooner
9/16/2007, 07:24 PM
it's always refreshing when some internet nerd can tell how the starting QB at OU isn't looking off a safety or how average he is. If he was average he wouldn't be at OU.

Aries
9/16/2007, 07:35 PM
Bob Stoops specifically said in an interview that Bradford is seeing the field very well, and is doing a good job of picking up secondary receivers, and checking down when necessary.

He did not say anything about locking in on one receiver, but a lot of what you said, Stoops specifically contradicted.

hink4769
9/16/2007, 07:37 PM
He did not say anything about locking in on one receiver, but a lot of what you said, Stoops specifically contradicted.
Even if he was i don't think stoops would reveal this to other teams.

UberSooner
9/16/2007, 07:49 PM

"Bradford looks very average". I don't know how to take this. What freak show criteria are you using. It can't be stats, it can't be poise, it can't be the confidence he inspires in his teammates (at least as they report). What are you talking about? "He missed many wide open recievers". Again, are you measuring against perfection? His completion rate is insane.

I truly respect you for throwing your opinion out there but it seems your fear of dissapointment is clouding your judgement. This kid is stellar at this point in his redshirt frosh season . . . period. He may come unglued, we may fade under tougher opposition but nothing we have seen would suggest this is true.

aurorasooner
9/16/2007, 07:57 PM
This kid has played what? 3 college football games! and he's supposed to be looking off DBs like a 4th year senior. 1) His accuracy has been very good, 2) his long ball has been very good, and 3) his decision making has far exceeded my expectations, so far. Hell, I'm surprised he hasn't pulled a Mcnabb chunking chunky soup, fumbled 2 or 3 snaps or pulled out from center the wrong way a couple of times playing for the 1st time in front of 85k. Last year was probably a great learning experience for our coaching staff to not put an unseasoned QB in bad situations, and they did a pretty good job keeping PT out of trouble, to the tune of a Big 12 championship.

Pepper
9/16/2007, 08:08 PM
I have to disagree with your observations. I don't know whether he looked off receivers or went through his reads correctly, but I do know that he managed to torch Miami's defense repeatedly. If he really did telegraph the pass that much, Miami would have picked off a pass. He has missed on only a few deep balls. Still a high percentage for what is a difficult completion.

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 08:11 PM
Yep.

Sam is at 79% completions.

usmc-sooner
9/16/2007, 08:14 PM
I'd bet a million dollars that Sam Bradford has looked off more safeties than Killerbees

olevetonahill
9/16/2007, 08:21 PM
Hey KB iffen ya dont wanta be compared to the zepster Dont ****ing sound like him !

fossil
9/16/2007, 08:28 PM
I never said he sucked, or was playing bad, I just said he is an avg QB as compared to all the other QBs playing, I think he is have a great start as a FR and is playing better than I could have expected.

I guess I should have stated a bit more clearly that I am excited about his potential and his playing so far, I just think there is a lot of room for improvement.

I am for sure not Nick Zep. Please dont associate me with that name, thats about the worst insult I have gotten in a while.
"I never said he sucked, or was playing bad, I just said he is an avg QB as compared to all the other QBs playing".............Huh, wanna read what you said again? He's averae compared to ALL the other QBs playing. Hell dude, there are universities out there right now who would die to ahve a QB of his caliber to replace the toad they currently have.

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2007, 08:42 PM
I agree....If Bradford was really any good he would be 100% with 70 TDs by now! :P

jkjsooner
9/16/2007, 08:42 PM
His arm strength is not the best

That's about the only thing you said that makes any sense. Bradford has very adequate arm strength for this level. Our two best QB's under Stoops have also been the two with the weakest arms.

It seems to me that Bradford is doing a great job scanning the field and finding the open receiver. You may believe that that is his primary receiver but as far as I can tell that doesn't appear to be the case.

The impression I got was that Bradford was putting almost every throw right on the money. You may say his long throws are off but I see the exact opposite. This guy looks like Jason White throwing the long passes. He puts the ball in a good location and puts enough air under the ball to let the great receivers do what they do best.

Maybe I'm blind but it seems to me that we're watching completely different games. Look at the drop-off between Bradford and Nichol yesterday. I know Nichol didn't have all the starters with him but what looked so easy for Bradford looked really hard for Nichol. (No slam on Nichol; he's young.)

Could it be that Bradford makes it look so easy that you're not giving him full credit?

jkjsooner
9/16/2007, 08:45 PM
One more point, look at how our tight ends have emerged as major threats. Sure, they are very talented but we definitely haven't used them like this in the last few years. I think that is pretty strong evidence that Bradford is finding his second/third receivers. (Again, I'm no expert so I could be wrong.)

Position Limit
9/16/2007, 08:50 PM
when you have malcom kelly to pass the ball to, why look at other recievers? this is a very dumb post. did you think for a second about his first choice to throw to? kelly, gresham, iggy? whoever is first, just throw it. get back to the paint chips boy.

GottaHavePride
9/16/2007, 08:50 PM
Hell dude, there are universities out there right now who would die to ahve a QB of his caliber to replace the toad they currently have.

You mean, like the 116 universities that DON'T have one of the three most-efficient passers in the country right now?

Cam
9/16/2007, 08:58 PM
I never said he sucked, or was playing bad, I just said he is an avg QB as compared to all the other QBs playing.
If Bradford's average, how would you grade Paul Thompson as a QB?

:pop:

birddog
9/16/2007, 09:01 PM

come on, it's easy to win big 12 championships!:D

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 09:01 PM
"I never said he sucked, or was playing bad, I just said he is an avg QB as compared to all the other QBs playing".............Huh, wanna read what you said again? He's averae compared to ALL the other QBs playing. Hell dude, there are universities out there right now who would die to ahve a QB of his caliber to replace the toad they currently have.
Notre Dame, Miami, Florida State, Okie State, Baylor, Iowa State, where do i stop? :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 09:02 PM

Oh boy, this could get even worse now. :D

CtheB
9/16/2007, 09:06 PM

I am glad someone finally had the fortitude to say this. I walked out of the stadium yesterday thinking how much better it would be if we were 3-0 instead of being 3-0 and if Sammy B were one of the 5 highest rated quarterbacks in the country instead of just being fourth. Dude, seriously, it all comes out in the wash, but I sure enjoy what I am seeing thus far. The kid's a super.

freshchris05
9/16/2007, 09:07 PM
"The jig is up the news is out" heh..

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2007, 09:13 PM
On a serious note, where was Jermaine Gresham last week? I don't remember ever seeing him. Did I miss something on him being hurt or held out?

JohnnyMack
9/16/2007, 09:17 PM
He checks down all the time.

One of the main reasons he throws the ball to his primary receiver is because we've been playing such ****ty defenses that the target is always open.

I don't think KW could possibly expect much more from him. He's taking what the defenses have given him, managing the game well and is limiting his mistakes (the int vs. USU was the only glaring one I can even think of).

If his armstrength was so poor, he wouldn't have been overthrowing people on Saturday. He would have been underthrowing them and getting them picked off.

I suppose you're just trying to buck the trend and show us how insightful you are, but...well...how do say it?

http://blog.pbwiki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/fail.jpg

MissouriSooner
9/16/2007, 09:19 PM
Bradford's arm strength is just fine. I happened to be sitting in a direct line behind one of his passes to Kelly on a slant route for a touchdown against Miami, and he put the ball in between two defenders in a space the size of the football. Got there with plenty of zip, and Malcolm took it to the house.

JohnnyMack
9/16/2007, 09:21 PM

Sincerely,

Keith Nichol's Mom

Fixed.

Cam
9/16/2007, 09:34 PM
Oh boy, this could get even worse now. :D
Don't get me wrong here. What PT did last year was one of the most unselfish things I've seen at that level of competition. He did an admirable job as a QB and even more as a leader.

Was he more than an average QB? No, he wasn't. He was however, what last years team needed, a leader. Last years young guys are using what they learned from him to help lead this years team.

msteudem
9/16/2007, 09:34 PM
In the game against Miami the play where Zaslaw gets his first career TD, Kelly was the go to guy but was covered up so SB found Dane in the flat. This is a good example of our avg QB checking off.

As far as arm strength is concerned I would rather have someone with nice touch on the ball then a Brett Farve arm. SB has great touch it puts the ball in the best the location for the receiver to get it and get yac.

I think one reason that we don't see the wrs dropping the ball as much as they were the last two years is because of SB's touch on the passes.
Sam doesn't force anything. His only int is from getting hit on the throw.

Keep up the awesome play SB. BOOMER SOONER

TMcGee86
9/16/2007, 09:54 PM
Fixed.

:D :D :D

freshchris05
9/16/2007, 10:03 PM
Is Sam Bradford gonna have to choke a b*tch?

mdklatt
9/16/2007, 10:15 PM
Is Sam Bradford gonna have to choke a b*tch?

He can't choke anybody with his lack of arm strength. :D

Sooner_Bob
9/16/2007, 10:21 PM
Man, a 219.51 QB rating . . . he's definitely average.

OUmillenium
9/16/2007, 10:25 PM
...I never liked that tag team anyway...black and yellow stripes...ugh

goingoneight
9/16/2007, 10:33 PM
:les: KEITH NICKLEZ WILL START!!!111!1 ARM STRENGTH, RUNNING QUARTERBACK, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH!!!

SoonerDood
9/16/2007, 10:35 PM
are you also ****ed off that our defense doesn't return every turnover for a touchdown?

freshchris05
9/16/2007, 10:41 PM
He can't choke anybody with his lack of arm strength. :D

heh.. no worse than wearing a turtleneck eh?? haha

Jeronimo
9/16/2007, 10:41 PM
anyone remember Heupel's arm strength? He seemed to do ok without it.

sooneron
9/16/2007, 10:43 PM

Please name 7 qbs that you would take over Sam. COLLEGE qbs.

Ash
9/16/2007, 10:44 PM
Haven't you guys figured out by now that this was just TDTW's troll?

Octavian
9/16/2007, 10:48 PM
Could this be a new soonerscooter?

Only on an OU football site would you see that sorta criticism for their own new nation-leading freshman quarterback.

Well, he's pretty good, but he dudn't complete 'em all!

:D

We just found a four year starter that will rewrite school record books if he doesn't get hurt. We needed someone to drive the bus this year....and he can definitely do that. But if he's this good now, how good will Sam Bradford will be by his senior year -- 2010?? Sam is gonna be awesome.

As someone who thought Keith Nichol was the better quarterback until about a month and a half ago....I couldn't be more happy about Bradford.

We're set with Sam.

Jeronimo
9/16/2007, 10:54 PM
whats scary is keith nichol could still be better than Sam. none of us know for sure. All the coaches know is what went on in practice. Nichol could just be better than Sam in games. Sam has obviously been way above the bar anyone set for him. Theres no reason whatsoever to put Nichol ahead of him.

goingoneight
9/16/2007, 10:57 PM

Like what... everyone except Hawaii? ;)

goingoneight
9/16/2007, 11:01 PM
whats scary is keith nichol could still be better than Sam. none of us know for sure. All the coaches know is what went on in practice. Nichol could just be better than Sam in games. Sam has obviously been way above the bar anyone set for him. Theres no reason whatsoever to put Nichol ahead of him.

Keith Nichol looked awful against USU. No offense to the kid... he'll get better with time. But under no pressure, with a perfect snap, he overshot many receivers, threw one WAYYY off for Adron Tennell and is too fidgetty in the pocket. He'll get seriously hurt if he continues to run the way he does, which is similar to Bomar... never avoids hits. He's not built like an AD or AP who can sustain those hits. I can understand why Stoops is playing all of his QBs. He wants to land Jones for 2008, and he wants all of them to be primed in case Sammy gets hurt. But Keith is probably a distant third right now if you've seen him.

soonerloyal
9/16/2007, 11:08 PM
What's the big deal? Let's just play that Bradshaw guy instead. Maybe we'll do better if Stoops throws Iguana out there to receive, too.

:cool:

TrophyCollector
9/16/2007, 11:10 PM
How about this, he is playing better than any first time starting QB Stoops has ever had - so that would mean better than any first time passing QB OU has ever had.

You sure as hell need to look up the word average and understand what it means. I guess that means there are at least 5 Big XII QBs that are better?

CatfishSooner
un-frickin-believable...

Sam is the Man!

Jeronimo
Keith Nichol looked awful against USU. No offense to the kid... he'll get better with time. But under no pressure, with a perfect snap, he overshot many receivers, threw one WAYYY off for Adron Tennell and is too fidgetty in the pocket. He'll get seriously hurt if he continues to run the way he does, which is similar to Bomar... never avoids hits. He's not built like an AD or AP who can sustain those hits. I can understand why Stoops is playing all of his QBs. He wants to land Jones for 2008, and he wants all of them to be primed in case Sammy gets hurt. But Keith is probably a distant third right now if you've seen him.

I agree, he did look awful. I was thinking he would've shown better had he won the job initially. I would think it to be a lil tougher for Nichol right now, not cause he didnt get the job, but the guy who did is tearing it up. Its hard to be as talented as Nichol and be a back up.

Jeronimo
9/16/2007, 11:12 PM
un-frickin-believable...

Sam is the Man!

no doubt, sam is definitely the man. but I'm just sayin none of us actually know how good Nichol would've been, had he been named the starter. maybe he would've played like he did saturday, maybe he would've done what Sam has done. We dont know. Which is why i fear he may transfer being that him and Sam are same class.

Jewstin
9/17/2007, 12:44 AM
Oh man.

One of Bradford's specific strengths that I have noticed (and that coaches have commented on) is that he's really good about going further into his reads when necessary and not forcing balls into coverage. He's done it at least a dozen times over the last three games.

He started the game unbelievably on the mark. Every pass was on the money, every read was correct (by the way, if he locks onto his first read and the receiver is open, he's going to throw the ball to him ... would you rather him have to consistently make 2 or 3 reads on a passing play? I'd prefer having his primary targets actually be open ... if they're not, chances are they're not that good).

*slaps forehead*

SoonerSloan
9/17/2007, 01:52 AM
one thing that stood out to me in the game was the hurry up series right before the half where we got the ball around the 50 with 1min left. That was the only series where he didnt seem to have alot of poise, he got us down the field into FG range but still seemed a little anxious. Glad he got the opportunity to get game experience in those conditions... thats the only thing i'm remotely worried about mainly because he hasnt been behind yet, which is a sign of something good, but i'd hate to see us behind to some team for the first time in November and him try to do too much and fall apart

SoonerKnight
9/17/2007, 02:02 AM
Sam is playing better than Paul Thompson did. He throws the deep balls well and they get to the reciever in stride. Heck he's got a quick release and a touch on the ball. He is a better QB the Usuc's. This kid is really good and he is not afraid to get hit. Not good during the Sexat game but he'll do great and could possibly get us to the Big XII championship game which is one step away from the MNC. for a freshman qb he has done really good and I think that if you are trying to find faults with his play your a little to nit picky. He is a freshman qb with 3 games experience that has played really well.

Miami's D is ranked 26. Saxet's D is below that. He'll do fine.

olevetonahill
9/17/2007, 02:56 AM
are you also ****ed off that our defense doesn't return every turnover for a touchdown?
Well Ya ! arnt you ?:confused:

yermom
9/17/2007, 03:00 AM
while i'm not fully on with the doom and gloom, Bradford did show some mortality in this game

still, i love the fact that 3 games in and he's set the record for TDs by a freshman QB at OU

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 07:40 AM
no doubt, sam is definitely the man. but I'm just sayin none of us actually know how good Nichol would've been, had he been named the starter. maybe he would've played like he did saturday, maybe he would've done what Sam has done. We dont know. Which is why i fear he may transfer being that him and Sam are same class.

I can't recall anyone who transferred due to lack of playing time that has ever been that successful. I guess Chad Davis if you call that success.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/17/2007, 08:07 AM
To be fair, paying Utah St shouldn't inspire greatness. I mean if you are sleeping with Jessica Alba and Rosie O'donnell...who gets your "A" game ;)

RacerX
9/17/2007, 08:45 AM
Where's Nate Hybl when you need him?

ruf/nekdad
9/17/2007, 08:59 AM
Haven't you guys figured out by now that this was just TDTW's troll?

Yea, but they are having way too much fun with this to stop.:D

ruf/nekdad
9/17/2007, 09:02 AM
"I mean if you are sleeping with Jessica Alba and Rosie O'donnell...who gets your "A" game"

If your sleeping with Rosie...you got no "A" game

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 09:11 AM
I also noticed that his huddle presence was average, I mean he did not look the guys directly in the eyes while calling the play. One time Finley was talking in the huddle and Bradford did not slap his helmet and take charge. This is a clear sign of averageness.
Also when he barking out counts I believe he was not quite loud enough, a very average cadence.
His handoffs were about three inches higher than where a great QB would have placed that ball. Allan Patrick would have gotten to the endzone .6 seconds earlier had Bradford not given him an average handoff, delete .75689 seconds off of Murray's run.
Another thing if he was truly great he would throw his helmet to the ground in frustration after every over/under throw and int.
If he wasn't average we would be a "averaging" about 68.273 points per game
728.972 ypc and at least another 3.2145 minutes of offensive possesion.
Believe me I know, because I played QB on Jr. High team when Billy Joe Tweeter was hurt and Horace Bellvue was academically ineligible. I also Tivoed the game and broke down the game film (what I call going through the game and hitting slow mo on incomplete passes) with a 12 pack and pointed all this out to my wife before I passed and then woke up and posted it on the net.

freshchris05
9/17/2007, 09:12 AM
"I mean if you are sleeping with Jessica Alba and Rosie O'donnell...who gets your "A" game"

If your sleeping with Rosie...you got no "A" game

lmao... beat me to it

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 09:18 AM
usmc-sooner took his A game to Rosie and turned her back to men. Let's just say I'm not you're AVERAGE guy.

85Sooner
9/17/2007, 10:04 AM
What we really need is a qb that doesn't throw interceptions and turnovers.:)

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 10:05 AM
usmc-sooner took his A game to Rosie and turned her back to men. Let's just say I'm not you're AVERAGE guy.

I'm really confused. Are you talking about your hand or the lesbo here?

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 10:07 AM
I'm really confused. Are you talking about your hand or the lesbo here?

I'm talkin' about sex, boy. I'm talkin about l'amour.

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 10:19 AM
Oh for ****'s sake. I ain't gonna read this whole thread, but I will make a comment - the person who started this thread is a tard.

"Average?"

Are you ****ing kidding me? I've sat and watched Sam make throw after throw perfectly. I mean dead in-stride. I've watched him put the ball in places only our guys can touch it - while being covered like a blanket. I've watched him run out of bounds, and take a sack instead of doing something "average." He has shown remarkable leadership in the huddle, off the field in the classroom, and exudes confidence and cool. And he's a frosh.

I'll say to you like I say to the guy in the pink shirt - "if you think Sam is average, then I'll bet money you bitch when you get a blow job." Jeez.

freshchris05
9/17/2007, 10:26 AM
hey if she's using teeth then you gotta set her straight...

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 10:42 AM
Oh for ****'s sake. I ain't gonna read this whole thread, but I will make a comment - the person who started this thread is a tard.

"Average?"

Are you ****ing kidding me? I've sat and watched Sam make throw after throw perfectly. I mean dead in-stride. I've watched him put the ball in places only our guys can touch it - while being covered like a blanket. I've watched him run out of bounds, and take a sack instead of doing something "average." He has shown remarkable leadership in the huddle, off the field in the classroom, and exudes confidence and cool. And he's a frosh.

I'll say to you like I say to the guy in the pink shirt - "if you think Sam is average, then I'll bet money you bitch when you get a blow job." Jeez.

Dean obviously you didn't know that to be more than average you've got to look at Malcolm Kelly while you're throwing it to Finley. The great ones actually just look at their feet while throwing 60 yard curls and out and ups.
Look the the average fan may just care about completions and stats and wins, but those who really understand the game, know it's all about the look offs.

The Maestro
9/17/2007, 10:47 AM
I saw Tom Brady and Peyton Manning throw some incompletions as well yesterday. I guess there are no good quarterbacks out there anymore.

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 10:50 AM
I saw Tom Brady and Peyton Manning throw some incompletions as well yesterday. I guess there are no good quarterbacks out there anymore.

do you happen to know if they looked off the safety? that's all that matters.

MikeInNorman
9/17/2007, 10:52 AM
I also heard Sam Bradford can't run the "1999 Northwestern Kevin Wilson Innovative Running Quarterback Option Offense" worth a CRAP. ;)

He does seem to be running the Jason White offense pretty dang well, though. And since Sam is physically capable of taking a 5-step drop more than 3 times a game and is mobile enough to avoid hits and run a little if he needs to, we don't have to choose our tight ends based on blocking ability, and we don't have to keep the TE and running backs in protection all the time to keep our QB from getting murdered. Given this, if Sam Bradford is HALF what he appears to be, this offense will be better than 2003 and 2004. Weapons and options everywhere.

RFH Shakes
9/17/2007, 11:16 AM

FIRE STOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freshchris05
9/17/2007, 11:18 AM
no we should trade him and get lloyd carr

PhiDeltBeers
9/17/2007, 11:27 AM
I'm willing to bet we will finally show our run game against TU since our passing game is only average.

boomersooner28
9/17/2007, 11:42 AM
I want that 15 seconds of my life back that it took me to read the opening post in this ridiculous thread.

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 11:49 AM
I can knock a beer can off your head with a football

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 11:49 AM

BoomerGirl34
9/17/2007, 12:21 PM
I don't even know where to begin with this post, so the only thing i will say is are you Nick Zep?:pop:

All that was missing from a surefire Nick Zepp sighting was a "Fire Bob Stoops" inserted into the diatribe....:D

picasso
9/17/2007, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Bradford check off his progressions and throw to his secondary receiver more than once. I also noticed a really nice deep pass he threw to #9.:cool:
Yes, he missed a couple of deep post routes but overall I'm fairly certain he helped put us into the lead vs. our opponent.

belch.

sitzpinkler
9/17/2007, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Bradford check off his progressions and throw to his secondary receiver more than once. I also noticed a really nice deep pass he threw to #9.:cool:

yep, and the fact that #9 has more receptions than #4 kind of blows that "not checking off" crap out of the water

freshchris05
9/17/2007, 01:48 PM
^exactly^

and as far as the deep ball goes... no body i mean no body threw a deep ball like jason white

Stoop Dawg
9/17/2007, 02:30 PM

Oh no you didn't. OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

Partial Qualifier
9/17/2007, 02:35 PM

freshchris05
9/17/2007, 02:44 PM

i think its Nate Hypl and he's our special teams coordinator

;)

GottaHavePride
9/17/2007, 02:59 PM

C&CDean
9/17/2007, 03:13 PM
I can knock a football off your head with a beer can.

Scott D
9/17/2007, 03:17 PM
I can knock your head off with a football that looks like a beer can.

TUSooner
9/17/2007, 03:19 PM
Stop messing around with that beer and give it here!

boomersooner28
9/17/2007, 03:20 PM
I can knock a ...oh, nevermind.

handcrafted
9/17/2007, 03:27 PM
I can knock you off Dean's head with beer keg.

Dio
9/17/2007, 03:36 PM
You can inspect a side of beef by shoving your head up a bull's ***, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2007, 03:41 PM
You can inspect a side of beef by shoving your head up a bull's ***, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

Wait...it's gotta be your bull.

GottaHavePride
9/17/2007, 03:42 PM
I can knock you off the can with the ball of my foot.

stoopified
9/17/2007, 04:14 PM
You know who else isn't that great? That Jesus guy. Sure, he turned water into wine, but COME ON...ENOUGH WITH THE HYPE.Don't forget He is just like Knute Rockne:HE can walk on water.
So overrated and that Bradford kid!Barely completes 75 %of his passes,and has an interception to go along with only 11 TD passes.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2007, 04:35 PM

If your sleeping with Rosie...you got no penis

Fixed:D

Blitzkrieg
9/17/2007, 04:48 PM
Sam would not be starting for John Blake.

MikeInNorman
9/17/2007, 04:55 PM

True dat.

freshchris05
9/17/2007, 05:02 PM

yes he would...

at left tackle

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 05:53 PM
and as far as the deep ball goes... no body i mean no body threw a deep ball like jason white

Hey, nobody threw the short screens like White either.

White sets, short screen to the receiver, HE DIDN'T SEE THE LINEBACKER, INTERCEPTED AT THE TWENTY! TEN, FIVE, TOUCHDOWN (insert team name here)!

But yeah, he did throw a pretty deep fade huh....

Frosh Bradford >>> Frosh White

Tulsa_Fireman
9/17/2007, 06:10 PM
He locks onto his target early and rarely checks off.

This is just a baldfaced lie.

You lose at lying.

And I can knock a beer can off your head with a football.

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 06:13 PM
I can kick the ball 65 yards using a beer can as a tee.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/17/2007, 06:30 PM
I can check down 4 receivers deep with a beer can.

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 06:39 PM
I think Loadholdt is average at best because he didn't look at the safety before he blocked the DE.

CtheB
9/17/2007, 08:11 PM
I think Loadholdt is average at best because he didn't look at the safety before he blocked the DE.

I saw him at a local convenience store, and I know what you are talking about. The Load flat out went di-rectly to the HoHos and completely overlooked the "2 for 1" special on that God awful creation the Sno-Balls. Maybe it was because the Sno-Balls were inconspicuously at the bottom of the rack, whereas the HoHos were near the top and very easy for a man 6'8" and 360 pounds to find with little effort.

Right then and there, I knew he had no vision and was completely overrated.

Killerbees
9/20/2007, 05:53 PM
Well that got a response..

I know he is doing way better than anyone hoped for and he is doing great leading the team which is amazing for a fr. It may also be true that he has been hitting his primary receiver predominately because we have faced such terrible Defenses so far, only time will tell on that. I still say he has alot of room to improve. While his arm strength isnt the best he can overcome that the same way Huepel did.

I like Paul Thompson, he was a great player for OU but he was an average QB but an awesome football player. He did do better his last year though.

There are alot of QBs out there that would look as good or better than Bradford if they had our offense to throw behind.

Once again I never said the kid sucked, all I am saying is that he isnt as good as most people think..YET. He may turn out to be the best QB OU has ever had and he has the best start of any QB OU has ever had to prove that he has the goods. I am not saying Stoops should start anyone else over him. I am not saying he is going to have a meltdown and I dont want any other QBs from any other school because this guy has proven he has better potential than any other QB out there. He has done some amazing things for a FR but if you think this guy is one of the best QBs right now, your kidding yourself.

Stitch Face
9/20/2007, 06:54 PM
While his arm strength isnt the best he can overcome that the same way Huepel did.

You mean with deadly precision accuracy? Yeah, hopefully that will suffice.

goingoneight
9/20/2007, 07:11 PM
No one throws down a beer can like goingoneight.

Stoop Dawg
9/21/2007, 10:10 AM
I still say he has alot of room to improve.

He may turn out to be the best QB OU has ever had and he has the best start of any QB OU has ever had to prove that he has the goods.

He has done some amazing things for a FR but if you think this guy is one of the best QBs right now, your kidding yourself.

Where's that Captain Obvious pic when you need it?

I don't see anyone saying that he doesn't have any room to improve. Or that he's the best QB OU has ever had. Or that he's the best QB in the country. Maybe you and I are just reading different threads.

There are alot of QBs out there that would look as good or better than Bradford if they had our offense to throw behind.

Once again I never said the kid sucked, all I am saying is that he isnt as good as most people think..YET.

Which QBs would look as good or better? Tim Tebow? Last time I checked he was sitting behind a pretty good offense himself. It's kinda funny how the "best" QBs just happen to be on the "best" offenses, ain't it?

And again, I'm not sure how you came to know how good "most" people "think" he is. Tarot readings? Ouija board? Not from reading this board, I don't think.