PDA

View Full Version : Coach Having Son as 1st QB - Not Good Idea...!!

Blues1
9/16/2007, 01:31 PM
Maybe the young man is the best QB Colorado has..?? - But I just gotta think having you Son as a QB on your team just not a good idea....

I think Bud Wilkinson knew that many years ago when his son Jay went to play for Duke....(I think it was Duke..?) - Anyway how does the kid playing 2nd string feel..?? - or how about wanting to get some New Hot Shot high school QB ..?? --- What Is he going to think when he knows the Coach's son has two more years to play...Sorry Coach Dan -- Just not a good idea....Once Again..JMHO...
Your Turn - Rock on'

SoonerEmpire
9/16/2007, 01:38 PM
I think you're absolutely right. If his son is the absolute best QB, then yes, he deserves to be the starter. But if not, and he still makes his son the starting QB anyway, it's just ridiculous. Kind of reminds me of Bob Simmons starting his son over at OSWHO who was NOT the best at his position at the time.

King Crimson
9/16/2007, 02:06 PM
CU's problems go a lot deeper than Cody Hawkins (no OL whatsover). they are pretty salty on D at times, though.

i went to CU's spring game and last fall scrimmage and Cody is the best they've got. they have a JUCO kid who is decent and maybe would see the field at a mid-major.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/16/2007, 03:08 PM
CU's problems go a lot deeper than Cody Hawkins (no OL whatsover). they are pretty salty on D at times, though.

i went to CU's spring game and last fall scrimmage and Cody is the best they've got. they have a JUCO kid who is decent and maybe would see the field at a mid-major.Whaffo did you go see that game? You King of the buffaloes?

sooner518
9/16/2007, 03:12 PM
their O-line is absolutely terrible. Cody was running for his life all game

FirstandGoal
9/16/2007, 03:12 PM
Honestly he did his son no favors by starting him in that game.

Frozen Sooner
9/16/2007, 03:37 PM
Whaffo did you go see that game? You King of the buffaloes?

I think King Crimson is on the CU faculty.

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 03:41 PM
Unless you see them practice every day, then you have no idea if he is the best QB or not, so how can you say that Hawkins is doing the wrong thing?

Blues1
9/16/2007, 04:30 PM
Unless you see them practice every day, then you have no idea if he is the best QB or not, so how can you say that Hawkins is doing the wrong thing?

What I think is ---- a Coach of a Major 1A school should send his son to another school for his football future....JMHO---- but I would think it puts too much pressure on both the Dad and the Son....plus I can't see how it would help in recruiting any good high school qb's for the next few years...

I guess IF you win All your games with your Son as the QB it makes a Great Feel Good Sports story - But the chances of that happening are one in million...!!l

colinreturn
9/16/2007, 04:36 PM
riley dodge and todd dodge made it happen. but they wont next year hhaha.

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2007, 08:32 PM
I think the mistake was letting his son go to CU, not because of the father-son thing, but rather: What the hell kinda future can he have on such a pathetically lousy team? I'd want better for my son.

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 08:41 PM
I think it's a great idea.

I wish more Div 1A Coaches on our schedule would do it. ;)

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2007, 09:04 PM
I think it's a great idea.

I wish more Div 1A Coaches on our schedule would do it. ;)
Does Mack have a son? :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/17/2007, 12:51 AM
I think King Crimson is on the CU faculty.Does he hang with the esteemed Ward Churchill?

SoonerKnight
9/17/2007, 01:07 AM
I live in Colorado and have had to endure the media that surrounds CU football. As far as his son playing he let his QB coach do the evaluating and according to reports he is coached not by his dad but by the QB coach. How true it is I do not know but the paper also said that Cody was ranked pretty high when he was in high school and that he was recruited by several schools. Also, I guess he is doing decent it is the team around his. But hey John Elway has come out of retirement to be QB coach at his son's high school and I guess he's pretty good to.

I only bring this up because of the topic of this thread it thought it was interesting. I have a bet at work with a guy who is a CU fan. I can't wait to revel in that beat down by OU. Boomer Sooner BABY!!!!!

mdklatt
9/17/2007, 10:57 AM
Maybe the young man is the best QB Colorado has..??

He's certainly better than last year's starter. At the very least, he can't be any worse.