PDA

View Full Version : Picking up souvenir cup after game.

KABOOKIE
9/16/2007, 11:18 AM
Seriously people. Do you need cups that bad that you have to walk around the stadium after the game looking for ones left behind? OK, maybe you do need a couple of cups at home but, I've spotted more than a few of you hillbillies with a stack of 30+ cups. WTF over?

usmc-sooner
9/16/2007, 12:00 PM
dude, when I have important social events at my house, I use the commemorative OU cups and the fine China.

usmc-sooner
9/16/2007, 12:00 PM
Oh and don't get so drunk before the game.

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 01:06 PM
I send them out as Christmas gifts.

Czar Soonerov
9/16/2007, 01:09 PM
Dishes!

:D

soonerloyal
9/16/2007, 02:05 PM
Anybody have an extra for me? :D

Rogue
9/16/2007, 07:55 PM

You could send a couple as Halloween gifts out here to Tennessee. Mine are all a few years old and Mrs. Rogue looks at me strangely when I get protective of the cups that still have a nice crimson patina.

I've not carried 30 around, but I have left with a few after a game. Alas, it's been a few years since I made a home game in Norman.

SoonerTerry
9/16/2007, 08:01 PM
ebay?

Rogue
9/16/2007, 09:33 PM
ebay?

Good thought. 5 coffee cups...2 plastic...2 stainless...1 glass.

OUHOMER
9/17/2007, 05:06 AM
my BIL will not leave until he has at least 15 cups. I take about 4

r5TPsooner
9/17/2007, 09:12 AM
Seriously people. Do you need cups that bad that you have to walk around the stadium after the game looking for ones left behind? OK, maybe you do need a couple of cups at home but, I've spotted more than a few of you hillbillies with a stack of 30+ cups. WTF over?

They will turn around and sell them on ebay I guarantee you. Even if they only make $5 off the set of four (slated for this year) that's free profit. If I had the time I'd do it, but I'm too lazy.

Great idea if you ask me. I actually purchased a set off of ebay a couple of years ago and they have been great cups that I still use today.

Hot Rod
9/17/2007, 09:16 AM

Yeah, forgot to tell you thanks for those last year. I was really expecting navy socks as usual! Oh well, I guess I know what I'm getting again this year. :O

dolemitesooner
9/17/2007, 09:33 AM
Oh and don't get so drunk before the game.Ummm can you tell me why not?:confused:

toast
9/17/2007, 09:46 AM
they go well with my Cool Whip cereal bowls

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2007, 09:50 AM
Plumb Silly.

I collect the personal pan pizza boxes.

Widescreen
9/17/2007, 09:51 AM
dude, when I have important social events at my house, I use the commemorative OU cups and the fine chinette.

Fixed.

TUSooner
9/17/2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah! What are you people... GREE-EEN?!
You should leave them laying around so they all go to waste and add to the overall amount of garbage and clutter in the world !

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 11:47 AM
Ummm can you tell me why not?:confused:

I sat next to a drunk fat chick, who was annoying as hell, she was yelling very intensely during the wrong times of the game. She was yelling something that was completely idiotic after OU got a facemask penalty, which she finished off by saying that OU is in with the mafia and then she threw up gang signs. Her husband was just as drunk but he was embarrassed as hell.

KABOOKIE
9/17/2007, 12:30 PM
I sat next to a drunk fat chick, who was annoying as hell, she was yelling very intensely during the wrong times of the game. She was yelling something that was completely idiotic after OU got a facemask penalty, which she finished off by saying that OU is in with the mafia and then she threw up gang signs. Her husband was just as drunk but he was embarrassed as hell.

Did you get her home OK? ;)

rufnek05
9/17/2007, 12:39 PM
i do that after basketball games. i've got a **** *** of those plastic cups.

Pricetag
9/17/2007, 05:29 PM
We grabbed a couple of them one day after a game several years ago, and I noticed a little spot of brown on the lip of one my wife was getting ready to pick up. Before I could warn her, she discovered that it was a spit cup.

Rogue
9/17/2007, 06:44 PM
We grabbed a couple of them one day after a game several years ago, and I noticed a little spot of brown on the lip of one my wife was getting ready to pick up. Before I could warn her, she discovered that it was a spit cup.

Shrug. It'll wash.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2007, 07:10 PM
The OU commemorative cups ROCK!!!!!!!!

crawfish
9/18/2007, 08:07 AM
I usually pick up an extra 2 or 3.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/18/2007, 08:46 AM
People do that all the time at the Astros games and we have to stop them from picking them up. They will have a stack of cups that are taller than they are. When you work for an MLB team, you tend to find out little tidbits.

A couple of years ago, a food services employee was having a friend collect cups for him after Phillies games. He would then wash the cups, wrap them in tin foil as if it were a sandwich and bring it to the games. He would then sell those cups first to people who bought drinks and would pocket the money because they use cup count to know how many sodas were sold for that game. They busted him by placing a small mark on each cup of a different color for different days. They found him using the incorrect colors and fired him immediately.