PDA

View Full Version : Anyone brave enough to go to WhornFans.com?

SoonerStormchaser
9/16/2007, 10:08 AM
Just wondering if they're still in meltdown mode after yesterday's "moral victory:rolleyes: " against UCF...:texan:

badger
9/16/2007, 10:22 AM
Server can't be found: Firefox can't find the site whornfans.com
;)

soonerloyal
9/16/2007, 10:47 AM
From whornfans whinesite today:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/PROOFOFTXTRASHINESS.jpg

That ought to go up in the Sooner locker room...

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 10:57 AM
Not much going on over there except that some of them think it will take the whorns a miracle to beat us this year. :D

Partial Qualifier
9/16/2007, 11:48 AM
I go to hornfans.com all the time. If you appreciate irony, there is no better source for endless chuckles and horselaughs than hornfans.com

The vast majority of those people don't know **** about football. But they're getting one thing right - they're gonna get the **** stomped out of them at the Cotton Bowl in a couple weeks

What I like about hornfans.com this year: this is the year they are slapped with the reality that their MNC year had everything to do with VY (gone) that great OL they had (gone) and the zenith of Chizik's defense (gone) and now they're back to where they were before... overall softness, weak secondary, and an Offensive Coordinator with his head up his ***. It's 2001 all over again over there.

Oh and mack has reverted back to clapping alot when they make bad plays, and their players celebrate first downs like they just singlehandedly won the Superbowl.

good times :)

Sooner FLiP
9/16/2007, 11:51 AM
I go to hornfans.com all the time. If you appreciate irony, there is no better source for endless chuckles and horselaughs than hornfans.com

The vast majority of those people don't know **** about football. But they're getting one thing right - they're gonna get the **** stomped out of them at the Cotton Bowl in a couple weeks

What I like about hornfans.com this year: this is the year they are slapped with the reality that their MNC year had everything to do with VY (gone) that great OL they had (gone) and the zenith of Chizik's defense (gone) and now they're back to where they were before... overall softness, weak secondary, and an Offensive Coordinator with his head up his ***. It's 2001 all over again over there.

Oh and mack has reverted back to clapping alot when they make bad plays, and their players celebrate first downs like they just singlehandedly won the Superbowl.

good times :)

life is back to normal. :)

Jacie
9/16/2007, 01:16 PM
I go there all the time. I just don't get to post after being baned a couple of years ago. They didn't like me referring to Cedric Benson as Bennie.

Leroy Lizard
9/16/2007, 04:30 PM
If I was a Texas fan, I would chalk the game up as a win and worry about the following week. A win is a win. How UT looks this week will probably have little bearing on how they play in the RRS.

tommieharris91
9/16/2007, 04:56 PM
I kinda agree with Leroy. Unlike the pokies this week, texas had a real, we-scored-more-points-than-our-opponent victory.

Mark_of_Tulsa
9/16/2007, 06:10 PM
Man over there, they are still on Vince Young jock. They still have a good% of topics about him going on over there. It's like they are still stuck in the past. Yeah he was one of the greatest college FB players ever, (not one of the greatest QB's tho) but get over it. He's gone.

I've seen several post over there saying they will never win again unless they get another player like VY.

auto
9/16/2007, 06:13 PM
whornfans.com is two losses away from Longwhorndumbgirlie from shutting down the server.

SoonerGirl06
9/16/2007, 06:57 PM
Let me get a few more Corona's down me and I'll see what kind of mischief I can't get into over there.

Trust me... I'm pretty good at it.

:D

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 07:06 PM
Since she now has real sponsors over there...

Can she afford all this downtime with server problems and board jams?

I mean...don't you have a responsibility to invite as many football fans as you can to your board even though you might not like what they are saying?

I sense a change coming or a lawsuit...

Maybe I'm wrong however...

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2007, 07:08 PM

I mean...don't you have a responsibility to invite as many football fans as you can to your board even though you might not like what they are saying?

Maybe I'm wrong however...

Where's Lid when you need him? :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 07:16 PM
Haven't seen him since his GF was asking about a ring....lol.

Texas Golfer
9/16/2007, 07:48 PM
Where are lidig8r and Herr Sholtz?

Rogue
9/16/2007, 08:11 PM
And hookem? He still around?

I'm reallly looking forward to the RRS this year. Longhorns will have to blitz early and often. But it won't work.

OUDoc
9/16/2007, 08:15 PM
And hookem? He still around?

I'm reallly looking forward to the RRS this year. Longhorns will have to blitz early and often. But it won't work.
Hookem either locked himself in the trunk of his own car years ago, or he was someone's troll.

TexasLidig8r
9/16/2007, 08:52 PM
Where are lidig8r and Herr Sholtz?

Tend to spend most of the time horsing around on the South Oval... engaging in banter and reparte.

I started having some fun on here last week with the noobs and a couple of moderators threatening banishment.

As for football, there is no doubt that this year's edition of OU's football certainly looks very formidable... your two areas of concern or question marks... the front seven on defense and quarterback, through 3 games look impressive. It was a given your skill guys were talented. You will be tested in Dallas, but other than that, unless you have a complete meltdown, no other losses loom on the horizon.

As for my Longhorns, I am extremely ambivalent this year. The off the field issues have been an embarrassment to the school and all alums. And, I am not and never have been a "win at all costs" person. The undisciplined off the field incidents have seemed to permeate the team's on field performance. Perhaps moreso than ever, this year's Texas team is playing to the level of its competition. It played down to Arkansas St. It woke up enough to put TCU in its place. And, it played down once again to UCF. Stupid mistakes and a lack of passion seem to be the hallmarks of this year's team. The talent is enough for another 9 to 10 win season especially with the Big XII succking big green donkey balls this year. But, this team lacks that certain intangible quality that championship teams possess.

In short, if you want mindless smack, for the most part you won't get that from me unless the mood hits to stir it up some. We shall see what the future holds.

bluedogok
9/16/2007, 08:56 PM
The funny thing about Hornfans is most of the whorns that I know think the place is full of morons. They send ME links to moronic threads on there.

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2007, 09:22 PM
Tend to spend most of the time horsing around on the South Oval... engaging in banter and reparte.

I started having some fun on here last week with the noobs and a couple of moderators threatening banishment.

As for football, there is no doubt that this year's edition of OU's football certainly looks very formidable... your two areas of concern or question marks... the front seven on defense and quarterback, through 3 games look impressive. It was a given your skill guys were talented. You will be tested in Dallas, but other than that, unless you have a complete meltdown, no other losses loom on the horizon.

As for my Longhorns, I am extremely ambivalent this year. The off the field issues have been an embarrassment to the school and all alums. And, I am not and never have been a "win at all costs" person. The undisciplined off the field incidents have seemed to permeate the team's on field performance. Perhaps moreso than ever, this year's Texas team is playing to the level of its competition. It played down to Arkansas St. It woke up enough to put TCU in its place. And, it played down once again to UCF. Stupid mistakes and a lack of passion seem to be the hallmarks of this year's team. The talent is enough for another 9 to 10 win season especially with the Big XII succking big green donkey balls this year. But, this team lacks that certain intangible quality that championship teams possess.

In short, if you want mindless smack, for the most part you won't get that from me unless the mood hits to stir it up some. We shall see what the future holds.

Actually, I was referencing

Maybe I'm wrong however..

since you know, you work with the law and what not, but hey now that you are here, welcome to the party!!!

MissouriSooner
9/16/2007, 09:34 PM
Hey, Lid, have all the punishments been meted out to the UT players, or are there some left to be imposed? Hard to keep up.

soonerinabilene
9/16/2007, 09:46 PM
Where the heck is cap at? he was tolerable for a whorn fan.

TexasLidig8r
9/17/2007, 08:44 AM
Actually, I was referencing

since you know, you work with the law and what not, but hey now that you are here, welcome to the party!!!

Nah.. it's a complete private forum. The posting rules are on the site and in posting, you agree to abide by them. Same as here. You're free to bane whoever you want. The First Amendment Right to Free Speech has never been absolute.. and never will be. Censorship and community standards have limited speech in certain settings and on certain topics.

For the most part, I don't spend a lot of time on hornfans. You get the company line there but there are other sites that don't sugar coat it, and their technological savvy is horrendous. With the number of people who post there and go to the site, for it to have the reputation of being "overwhelmed" or down as often as it is, is irresponsible at best.