PDA

View Full Version : I hate Tulsa and want to down their little GOLDEN SHOWERS

stoopified
9/16/2007, 09:31 AM
Tulsa has got a lot of offense but absolutely no D.Sam Bradford might get to play a full game IF TU can score against us.IF so all kinds of passing records may fall.BTW Bradford now owns the Frosh TD passing record at OU,breaking Bonehead's record of 10 with 11 in just 3 games.For the season Sammy is 59-74 .797 with 11 TDs and one pick.Those numbers are just SICK,even by video game standards.

badger
9/16/2007, 09:41 AM
I live in Tulsa!

Please clarify that you hate "Tulsa University" and not Tulsa itself :mad:

;)

stoopified
9/16/2007, 09:46 AM
When talking about UT,people say they hate Texas,same thing here with TU.Ithought that was a given,but for the record Tulsa is OK.

soonersam
9/16/2007, 09:49 AM
TU is like the Cubs.. Lovable losers!!! They had a great win against BYU and hope the have a 1 loss season!!!!

Ash
9/16/2007, 09:52 AM
So people in Tulsa enjoy watersports, eh?

stoopified
9/16/2007, 09:58 AM
So I've been told.

badger
9/16/2007, 09:59 AM
As long as we're spewing hatred for Tulsa, look no further than Tulsa's roads and budget spending.

Sure, we've got a river, but it's not good enough. Private donors are willing to fork over $117 million toward river development, if tax payers fork over more than $220 million over the next 7 years in the form of 0.4 percent sales tax... yes, less than half a penny.

Well, that's too much for most Tulsans, who want roads and bridges repaired instead :D

So, our roads are quite bad, and the pothole patrol that comes around after rain never lasts until after the next rain. Alas, Mayor Taylor decided to move into a brand new city office building and spend money on city staff instead. Whoops!

And then there is the matter of the fabulous new BOK Center (take THAT, Oklahoma City!), which seats 18,000 and will be host to fabulous concerts and fabulous sports events... alas, it is located next to a noisy train, a courthouse, post office distribution center and jail... oh, and the street infamous for the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921, Archer St.

With that much around a high priced toy like the BOK Center, you'd wonder what the police are doing to keep Tulsa safe, I suppose? Well, our police force is still in the decline, but most notably, the Tulsa Police Chief is now an at-will appointee of the mayor, not independent of the mayor's control, like it has been in the past.

Perhaps I should be booing Tulsa??? Nah, it's not that bad :D

Ash
9/16/2007, 01:32 PM
Hahaha! I can't believe my one post in this thread got the neg. I guess somebody woke up on the overly-sensitive side of the bed.

yermom
9/16/2007, 01:37 PM
dude wants to down Golden Showers and you got negged? ;)

i don't hate Tulsa, i want them to do well when they play everyone but us

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 01:38 PM
If they want to build on the river...

I'd be glad to give them one nice shiny new penny.

I've been saving it for a rainy day but I think it's worth it.

Ash
9/16/2007, 01:43 PM
dude wants to down Golden Showers and you got negged? ;)

i don't hate Tulsa, i want them to do well when they play everyone but us

heh. it's cool, I guess, just kinda surprised me because my post was just a dumb *** take on the title of the thread. I really couldn't give a flip about the "Tulsa vs. any other city" debate or whatever it is. To be honest, I'm most surprised someone thought it was worth the effort of giving a neg :D

:twinkies:

topdaug
9/17/2007, 06:09 AM
Someone make this sign that is going to the game:

OU...turning a Golden Hurricane into Golden Showers

Yeah, it's immature, but I don't care...

crawfish
9/17/2007, 08:26 AM
My brother, who grew up in Norman and has a BA and PhD from OU, is now a prof at Tulsa. He says he's not allowed to wear OU gear to the game, but he swears he'll have some crimson and cream undies hidden under all that blue and gold.

stoopified
9/17/2007, 09:42 AM
Sometimes it sucks being legally blind.I proofread my post three times without catching that missing R.A hurricane is a trpoical storm or shower before it becomes a hurricane.Tulsa calls themselves Golden.I figured most people wold know where the thread was headed.Didn't count on the missing R however.

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/17/2007, 02:24 PM
Im all for Tulsa winning every game except against us...they are the second best team in the state after all...

OU4LIFE
9/17/2007, 02:43 PM
My brother, who grew up in Norman and has a BA and PhD from OU, is now a prof at Tulsa. He says he's not allowed to wear OU gear to the game, but he swears he'll have some crimson and cream undies hidden under all that blue and gold.

if he's tenured I'd tell them to eat a big fat one and wear all the damn crimson in my closet...

but that's me...

OU4LIFE
9/17/2007, 02:44 PM
Im all for Tulsa winning every game except against us...they are the second best team in the state after all...

their offense is more powerful, certainly. :D

PhiDeltBeers
9/17/2007, 03:40 PM
their offense is more powerful, certainly. :D

More powerful than the most powerful offence in the universe???!!! How can that be?

mxATVracer10
9/17/2007, 03:51 PM
More powerful than the most powerful offence in the universe???!!! How can that be?
I see what you did here.... And I like it! :D

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/17/2007, 03:52 PM
It concerns me we are only a 20 point favorite. The pros think Tulsa is going to score a lot of points.

Ash
9/17/2007, 04:13 PM
:cry:

PhiDeltBeers
9/17/2007, 04:29 PM
I see what you did here.... And I like it! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed my dry sense of humor! :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 12:40 AM
I'd comment, but I'd have to break down crying in a fetal position Jim Bakker style when I get negged for saying that in the weird event Tulsa scores a lot of points...like 50 or so, we'll score 100.

Blues1
9/18/2007, 01:15 AM
I went to Tulsa games back in the days of Jerry Rhome and Howard Twilley sp(?) - My 2nd son was born there at Saint Johns Hospital - So I also hope Tulsa has a great Season -all that being said - I Looking forward to a fun Friday night - OU 57 - Tulsa 14.....!!!!

Keep Rockin' -BOOMER SOONER...!!!

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 01:27 AM
I'm with ya...I always want all our opponents to do well and (grudgingly in the case of stoolwater U) always want Oklahoma teams to do great.

But I'll still talk crap about them during game week...It's my job as a Sooner since the day in 1969 I crawled outta Mom yelling "Boomer Sooner!"

OU4LIFE
9/18/2007, 07:51 AM
It concerns me we are only a 20 point favorite. The pros think Tulsa is going to score a lot of points.

the 'pro's' also thought Michigan would start out 2-0...

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/18/2007, 08:48 AM
another way to thumb our nose at aggy, we should refer to the OU vs TU game as ******.

OU4LIFE
9/18/2007, 09:54 AM
another way to thumb our nose at aggy, we should refer to the OU vs TU game as ******.

Heh, Boarder might actually like the term if it was used in reference to the Tulsa game...

OU vs. TU = B E D L A M