PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to acknowledge the fact that the Big XII kinda sucks this year?

JohnnyMack
9/16/2007, 09:24 AM
Exhibit A: osu v. Troy - WTF was that? Are you ****ing kidding me? You guys had quit by halftime. Overrated talent and a coaching staff that has no clue. Take your newfangled 165 million dollar stadium and shove it up your collective ***. As much as I love watching you ****s lose, to see you do it in that fashion is embarrassing.

Exhibit B: Baylor v. Texas State - You beat them by a TD? One god-damned TD? You can't say god-damned, we're on the air. Oh don't worry about it, no one's listening anyways.

Exhibit C: Saxet v. UCF - Really? Who did you replace Gene Chizik with? Vance Bedford? Jesus H. Christ, learn to tackle. I hate to say that I think Colt is a little bit gun shy ever since last year's KSU game, but maybe we should take an early 15 yarder when we play them and send a little message. The way he's playing, I think he'll get the hint.

Exhibit D: SUC v. Nebbish - Slash-a-han, I'm done giving you chances. You suck. Your system sucks. I know you were playing a better team last night, but that was ridiculous. Either that SC O-Line is one of the best ever or the talent level on the Blackshirts has truly hit the skids (I lean towards believing the latter). I could have run for 125 yards (OK, at least 30) with those holes.

Exhibit E: Free Shoes U v. Colorado - This team has so little talent it's really kind of sad. It's like watching Muhammad Ali rattle around and remembering how great he used to be. Where have you gone Kordell Stewart? And Charles Johnson, and Eric Bienemy, and Rashaan Salaam and etc.

The Sooners, The Cult and Sand Aggie all stomped lesser scrub teams, as did the "powerhouses" from the Sunflower State. Mizery forgot that games were 4 quarters long and got into a slapfight with Western ****ing Michigan.

I suppose our lone conference bright spot was Iowa State digging into the attic and breaking out their 1968 uniforms to stun Iowa. Good jorb. I guess.

fadada1
9/16/2007, 09:27 AM
Exhibit A: osu v. Troy - WTF was that? Are you ****ing kidding me? You guys had quit by halftime. Overrated talent and a coaching staff that has no clue. Take your newfangled 165 million dollar stadium and shove it up your collective ***. As much as I love watching you ****s lose, to see you do it in that fashion is embarrassing.

this doesn't mean that the big12 sucks... not necessarily. it just means osu sucks. and that's a given year in and year out.

everyone else just had bad games.

:D

batonrougesooner
9/16/2007, 09:28 AM
I agree. OU will be the odd man out in a three way tie among undefeated teams if this occurs.

OklahomaTuba
9/16/2007, 09:28 AM
Iowa State did lose to Nothern Iowa. That still is unforgivable.

Before you know it, Notre Dame might be looking to join the big 12.

DenverSooner751
9/16/2007, 09:29 AM
Last night as my wife and I were watching the CU game she made the same comment. "Honey, why are all the big 12 teams other than OU so bad this year."

It's true, this conference is rather weak right now. Mizzou may be decent, aTm has flashes of decent and of all places, Baylor.....ok, that one was for pure Humor.

We're going to need some help getting to the MNC game this year.
Because other than Texass, we're not likely to pick up anything resembling a quality win this year.

Ugh, Nebbish.......I knew I shouldn't have had any faith in the bugeaters. Bill needs to go......

fadada1
9/16/2007, 09:30 AM
Before you know it, Notre Dame might be looking to join the big 12.
BITE YOUR TONGUE... OR MOUTHPIECE!!!!

SHAME ON YOU FOR EVEN SUGGESTING SUCH NONSENSE.

i need to listerine my eyes now.

SoonerStormchaser
9/16/2007, 09:31 AM
I might get slapped for this, but...if it came down to us, SUC and LesterU, we're gonna be on the outside looking in...

Texass? If they keep it up, they might as well not even bother showing up to Dallas.

OklahomaTuba
9/16/2007, 09:32 AM
SUC will lose. They have to go to Oregon and Cal.

Lester will have to play Flordia twice.

We win out, we will be OK.

PLaw
9/16/2007, 09:35 AM
The only two games that really concern me are the saxet and oswhore games. Texas has too much talent not to be dominating even though it was UCF first game in their new stadium - got give some intangilble points for that.

The stoolwater team is in deep do-do. Two really bad games and not a lot of hope of improving. Talk about a real downer and gut shot to the swagger. There only hope will be, as usual, bringing down the Sooners.

BOOMER
PLaw

fadada1
9/16/2007, 09:35 AM
i think usc will lose at least 1. UF and lsu might beat each other. we just need to keep doing what we're doing.

seems simple enough.

Ash
9/16/2007, 09:39 AM
i think usc will lose at least 1. UF and lsu might beat each other. we just need to keep doing what we're doing.

seems simple enough.

Not if, when -- they play each other OU/saxet weekend.

Who on USCs schedule looks strong enough on both sides of the ball to beat them?

fadada1
9/16/2007, 09:45 AM
Who on USCs schedule looks strong enough on both sides of the ball to beat them?
ucla and oregon state didn't match up well last year. they'll have a let down game, or cal or oregon will show up ready to play.

Ash
9/16/2007, 09:51 AM
ucla and oregon state didn't match up well last year. they'll have a let down game, or cal or oregon will show up ready to play.

Cal and Oregon look like they've got some firepower.

SUC impressed me with the way they could pound the ball and control the game. It looks like they could grind it out on the ground and keep opposing offenses off the field. Their O and D lines looked dominant. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

badger
9/16/2007, 10:08 AM
I would like to humbly point out that most Big 12 teams are 3-0... and by "most," I mean half. ;)

bluedogok
9/16/2007, 10:51 AM
Mizery forgot that games were 4 quarters long and got into a slapfight with Western ****ing Michigan.
52-24 a slapfight?

1st Quarter
MU-14
WM-0

2nd Quarter
MU-31 (17)
WM-3 (3)

3rd Quarter
MU-38 (7)
WM-10 (7)

Final
MU-52 (14)
WM-24 (14)

Seems to me that in the 4th they might have had some backups in and let it look closer than it actually was.

The_Red_Patriot
9/16/2007, 11:05 AM
I really though this was the year the big 12 turned it around.

Nope.

It sucks.

So does the big 10

1. SEC
2.Pac 10
3.Big East
4.Big 12
5.Big 10
6.ACC

leematthews
9/16/2007, 11:59 AM
LSU - Florida will beat each other, but at this point, if LSU wins, they'll still be ahead of us; and if Florida wins, they might overtake us.

yermom
9/16/2007, 12:46 PM
but they could split the games as well, i think that is what fadada1 was saying

Doged
9/16/2007, 12:47 PM
Almost half the conference is ranked among the top 25. Getting through the conference season unbeaten won't be an easy trick to pull off, that's for sure.

One good thing is the schedule sets up really well.

Jacie
9/16/2007, 01:08 PM
No

TXBOOMER
9/16/2007, 02:20 PM
If we win out we will play WV in the Sugar Bowl. LSU and suc will have a loss. It is way early though. We will have a tough time in Lubbock and against texass. F conferences! I'm an OU fan. They cause me enough integestion withourt worrying about the other retards. All conferences have bad beats. There is to much talent out there. Just about anybody (except ND) can win on any given Saturday.

Position Limit
9/16/2007, 02:29 PM
this confrence really, really sucks right now. it's embarassing. nebraska needs to run calahan out of town on a rail. they are a bad football team. and if i hear another announcer or fan try to tell me that they are rebuilding, i'm going to puke on their shoes. they suck, callahan has set that team back a few years, not improved them. way to make the big 12 proud on national tv, at night, at home for all to see. words fail me to describe the first all female football team that osu is fielding these days. vince young is gone and texas is now worse than they were when he was head coach and qb of that scrub football team. we need to run the score up over 50 on each and every one of our crappy big 12 opponents this year just so we have some kind of idea of how good we are. unfortunately i dont think we will know until our bowl game. and to the above poster who put the big12 above the big 10, you're on crack. wisconsin, mich, psu, ohio state and msu would woodshed every team in the big12 except us. face it, we are barely on par with the big east right now, and without lsu or usc or wvu losing somewhere along the line i dont see us in the title game. truely embarassing.

JohnnyMack
9/16/2007, 02:41 PM
52-24 a slapfight?

1st Quarter
MU-14
WM-0

2nd Quarter
MU-31 (17)
WM-3 (3)

3rd Quarter
MU-38 (7)
WM-10 (7)

Final
MU-52 (14)
WM-24 (14)

Seems to me that in the 4th they might have had some backups in and let it look closer than it actually was.

a 21 - 21 second half at home vs. WMU isn't impressive. Even if it was with some second stringers.

royalfan5
9/16/2007, 05:37 PM
a 21 - 21 second half at home vs. WMU isn't impressive. Even if it was with some second stringers.
It is by Mizzou standards.

Pepper
9/16/2007, 08:34 PM
Big 12 record vs other conferences
vs ACC 2-1
vs Big East 0-0
vs Big 10 2-0
vs PAC 10 0-2
vs SEC 1-2
The PAC 10 record is slightly disappointing. But keep in mind that 4 out of 5 of those losses are by North teams.

arcman46
9/16/2007, 09:16 PM
If we win out we will play WV in the Sugar Bowl. LSU and suc will have a loss. It is way early though. We will have a tough time in Lubbock and against texass. F conferences! I'm an OU fan. They cause me enough integestion withourt worrying about the other retards. All conferences have bad beats. There is to much talent out there. Just about anybody (except ND) can win on any given Saturday.

That's a nice attitude to have, but the fact is, if USuC, LSU (or Florida) goes undefeated, and we go undefeated, we will be the ones left out of the NC game. As I have said it before, the pollsters won't drop USuC because of what happened in '03, and the perception that the SEC is the best conference in the land will land the SEC champ in the NCG. Not only that, but the fact that we laid an egg in the last two NCG's we were in will keep us from jumping ahead. The only way we make to the NCG is to win out, and hope at least 2 of the three above lose at least one game.:pop:

landrun
9/16/2007, 10:17 PM
The BigXII has more undefeated teams than any other conference in the country.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/standings

IMO, We're as good as anyone else right now...

JohnnyMack
9/23/2007, 09:53 AM
Aggie Lite and Sand Aggie I don't know if I've ever seen two teams with worse defenses. The missed tackles were too numerous to count. What a pathetic display. If you take away osu's ground game and force Zac Robinson to beat you with his arm, you'll win by 21+ everytime. Amazing to see the difference between a Troy team that can tackle and the Fighting Zorros who couldn't tackle a 3rd grader.

Nebraska Really? That's how you rebound from the SUC loss? Do all of us college football fans a favor and eliminate the word "Blackshirts" from your vocabulary. It's an insult to all the great ones who wore it before this current bunch bastardized it.

Baylor Nice job winning on the road at that hostile environment. :rolleyes: In the last three years Buffalo has beaten two teams (twice each): they were Temple and Kent State.

The Cult Way to get the **** kicked out of you on National Television. If your team is really that slow we're going to make 77 - 0 seem mild in comparison. Your offensive coordinator should be fired for not handing the ball to Lane until halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Iowa State Thanks. That's what our conference needed, another loss to a mid-major. Nothing says "we're on our way back" like losing to previously winless MAC team. This is the same Toledo team that got ****-kicked by Central Michigan. Central Michigan this week got torched by......wait for it......North Dakota State (free spek to the first person to tell me the NDSU mascot).

Saxet, KU, CU and Mizzou All dropped sisters of the poor at home.

OU Went on the road to drop a team that had a talented QB and a bunch of castoffs.

KSU Idle this week.

CtheB
9/23/2007, 09:59 AM
How in the heck did Iowa State beat Iowa? Catch them looking forward to Wisconsin?

guzziguy
9/23/2007, 09:59 AM
NDSU = Bison or buffalo.

But of late there's been lots of discussion about their opposition to NDU's Ralph, the Fighting Sioux.

TXBOOMER
9/23/2007, 01:51 PM
That's a nice attitude to have, but the fact is, if USuC, LSU (or Florida) goes undefeated, and we go undefeated, we will be the ones left out of the NC game. As I have said it before, the pollsters won't drop USuC because of what happened in '03, and the perception that the SEC is the best conference in the land will land the SEC champ in the NCG. Not only that, but the fact that we laid an egg in the last two NCG's we were in will keep us from jumping ahead. The only way we make to the NCG is to win out, and hope at least 2 of the three above lose at least one game.:pop:

The laying eggs part hurt us more than this conference sucking. But there is no doubt if suc or lsu or florida go undefeated they will play in the sugar bowl. My basic point is it is way to early to worry about it. aTm, cornholers, pokes, tech etc. just about all of them except OU have managed to embarass the conference. i believe we will play suc or WV in the sugar if we go undefeated. The SEC is to physical of a conference to go through unbeaten, there are going to be a lot of torn biceps, torn acl's etc. on all of the teams throughout the year to call it yet. f the conference.

LittleWingSooner
9/23/2007, 01:54 PM
Who cares? I hope every Big 12 team loses every game they play.

goingoneight
9/23/2007, 02:07 PM
Who cares? I hope every Big 12 team loses every game they play.
Way to help your power rating, dumas. :rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
9/23/2007, 02:15 PM
But of late there's been lots of discussion about their opposition to NDU's Ralph, the Fighting Sioux.

huh?

NDSU = Bison
UND = Fighting Sioux

Newbomb Turk
9/23/2007, 02:17 PM
Nebraska Do all of us college football fans a favor and eliminate the word "Blackshirts" from your vocabulary. It's an insult to all the great ones who wore it before this current bunch bastardized it.

thank you. I'm so tired of hearing Nebraska fans refer to their recent defenses as blackshirts.

royalfan5
9/23/2007, 02:30 PM
thank you. I'm so tired of hearing Nebraska fans refer to their recent defenses as blackshirts.
It's the nickname for the starting defense. The name has nothing to do with performance, only the color of practice jerseys they wear.

Newbomb Turk
9/23/2007, 02:42 PM
It's the nickname for the starting defense. The name has nothing to do with performance, only the color of practice jerseys they wear.

I know about the practice jersey thing. I could be wrong cause I'm no Husker fan, but I thought the term "blackshirt defense" also meant the defense was good.

royalfan5
9/23/2007, 02:46 PM
I know about the practice jersey thing. I could be wrong cause I'm no Husker fan, but I thought the term "blackshirt defense" also meant the defense was good.No, it's just the nickname for the starting defense. NU didn't have that many great defenses over the years. Getting a blackshirt means that the player has earned a starting position, not that they are a great player.

Jacie
9/23/2007, 03:05 PM
In the scenario where there are three undefeateds, OU being one of the three, and Oklahoma is the one left out of the National Championship game, afterwards if the Sooners win their bowl game do they get to claim a share of the National Championship a la the 2003 condoms?

snp
9/23/2007, 03:20 PM
If we win out we will play WV in the Sugar Bowl.

There's 5 BCS games now; the National Championship game in New Orleans is not called the Sugar Bowl. The Sugar Bowl is for the SEC champion.

bluedogok
9/23/2007, 03:29 PM
I think the "Blackshirts" moniker should be retired until there is a defense worthy of the name, just like aTm and "The Wrecking Crew". To me a team should have to earn a nickname like that, those current teams don't.

Newbomb Turk
9/23/2007, 03:31 PM
I think the "Blackshirts" moniker should be retired until there is a defense worthy of the name, just like aTm and "The Wrecking Crew". To me a team should have to earn a nickname like that, those current teams don't.

but you see, the term 'blackshirts' only refers to....

nevermind.

:D

bluedogok
9/23/2007, 03:33 PM
Well.....that is what they say NOW.
I am pretty sure it used to mean something else in the Osbourne days.

royalfan5
9/23/2007, 03:53 PM
Well.....that is what they say NOW.
I am pretty sure it used to mean something else in the Osbourne days.
First of all the designates pre-dates Osborne, and Osborne fielded a bunch of mediocre defenses. He really didn't get serious about defense till 1992.

JohnnyMack
9/23/2007, 04:19 PM
Royal, you know what I was talking about. Stop trying to twist it around.

royalfan5
9/23/2007, 04:29 PM
Royal, you know what I was talking about. Stop trying to twist it around.
Killjoy.

JohnnyMack
9/23/2007, 07:03 PM
Killjoy.

:P

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 07:21 PM
Right now, we have 6 teams getting votes, 4 teams in the TOP 25.
2 in the Top 10, and OUr team is 3rd.

Does anyone else think we might play Mizzou in the XII game instead of Nebbish ??:confused: