PDA

View Full Version : Cox can suck it!!!!!

boomersooner28
9/16/2007, 12:56 AM
Couldn't go to the game today, nor could I even be anywhere to watch the game today, due to a previous committment that my wife had set up for us, thanks honey. Set the DVR to purchase and record the game so that I could watch it when I got home, and nada. Nuthin. Zero. Zip. Nothing recorded. I held back from calling the bastages because I was a bit hot under the collar, but if get charged for it on my next bill, I feel sorry for who ever answers the pone at Cox.

Soonerus
9/16/2007, 12:57 AM
That sucks for you....

Ruuuuuufus
9/16/2007, 12:58 AM
on the plus side you can record it free Monday on FSNSW

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2007, 12:58 AM
Well.......it is being rebroadcast.

Record it then. I'm not sure I would ppv something to watch it later if it's broadcast for free later.

boomersooner28
9/16/2007, 01:16 AM
Well.......it is being rebroadcast.

Record it then. I'm not sure I would ppv something to watch it later if it's broadcast for free later.

Later, I would know what happened and what the score was. I had my cell phone off and didn't look at a TV all day so I wouldn't know anything about the game.

soonerboomer93
9/16/2007, 07:07 AM
Couldn't go to the game today, nor could I even be anywhere to watch the game today, due to a previous committment that my wife had set up for us, thanks honey. Set the DVR to purchase and record the game so that I could watch it when I got home, and nada. Nuthin. Zero. Zip. Nothing recorded. I held back from calling the bastages because I was a bit hot under the collar, but if get charged for it on my next bill, I feel sorry for who ever answers the pone at Cox.

honestly, this is the absolute worst thing to do. I don't know about Cox's rule, but it's standard to have a PPV's are non-refundable rule. Your best thing to do is call up asap, be honest about what happened and be polite. Yelling will get you no where because their view most likely will be "it's not their fault you didn't program your dvr correctly".

OU-HSV
9/16/2007, 07:17 AM
I bought and dvr'd the game. And my dvr is still recording that channel. I can't get it to stop.

soonerboomer93
9/16/2007, 07:22 AM
um, unplug your dvr?

soonergooner
9/16/2007, 07:54 AM
I was in Norman and decided to spend the game w/ sick dad watching the game. Did check in w/ pregame tailgating tho. I had convinced dad to add the dvr when we moved them down here this spring and this was my first exp w/ their dvr. Can't say I like it. I have much exp w/ my lovely directv tivo, and was expecting to replay in super slow mo etc. I couldn't figure out how to back it up and replay. Can you not do this while it is recording, or am I missing some command?

OU-HSV
9/16/2007, 08:09 AM
um, unplug your dvr?
I may have to cause it's still recording. If I push "stop" on my remote, my only option is to delete the recording. It's really acting goofy.

stoopified
9/16/2007, 09:56 AM
I bought and dvr'd the game. And my dvr is still recording that channel. I can't get it to stop.
Murray and Patrick are still running.When they finally get tired and stop so will the dvr. :)

badger
9/16/2007, 10:02 AM
We could record it fine, but take note that the first half hour of recording will be a beeeeeeeeeeeep with the "OU Sooners vs. Utah St. Aggies" as the game didn't start till 2:30, but the recording started at 2 p.m.

Now if NOTHING recorded at all, not even the annoyed BEEEEEEEEEEP, I'm sorry :( B*tch out Cox for all of us! :D

soonersam
9/16/2007, 10:26 AM
Is it really worth throwing a fit over 30 bones.... You'll spend 2 hours on hold between supervisors. Just pay the bill !!!!

soonerlaw06
9/16/2007, 04:10 PM
If it was a Cox DVR, you're in better shape. When I had my TiVo, I got hosed on a boxing PPV - ordered it and set the recorder. Got home late that night to find that it wasn't recorded. Called Cox, and was politely told that they send out a signal on a lot of PPV orders that prevents non-Cox DVR's from recording the show. Apparently this was a part of some settlement of a lawsuit between DVR companies and cable companies. Under the deal, cable companies can send out a signal which will tell the DVR to not record, and the DVR companies will accept teh signal in prevent the recording. The person at Cox told me they apply this to On Demand and PPV recordings. Because this was a part of the fine print that you can read, they politely told me that they would be keeping my $49.95. They then suggested that I drop my TiVo and get their DVR, because if it's their DVR, you can record all the PPV you want. By the time I was finished telling them what they could do, I realized they had hung up.

Hope it was a Cox DVR...you MIGHT get some relief.

kevpks
9/16/2007, 04:16 PM
How many Auburn fans started a thread with this same title in a different context? It is pretty bad to get benched when playing Miss. St.

BoomerSoonhauer
9/16/2007, 07:19 PM
Had a buddy come over yesterday for the game because HE had bought the PPV on Cox (Tulsa) and come game time it didn't come on. SOMETHING must have been up because when he tried to call to report the trouble, the phone said "all circuits are busy, please try again later" He finally got through to someone at the half, and they accused him of trying to watch half the game and then bail out, so they would "send someone to check your box" on Monday. The went on something about if the tech came out and could rent a PPV movie, then there really is no problem and he would have to pay, whether he saw the game or not. It's not so much that there was tech trouble, hell, I work in TV and know that kind of stuff happens all the time, but the customer service people were so snarky about his "trying to get away with something" that it flipped a long-time Cox subscriber to the Dish.

I'm not saying we should lynch anybody . . . but it's really bad for your image when someone who never PPV's anything gets treated like that when THE GAME IS ON.

Cox sux, I've said it for years . . . now someone else does too.
Sheesh!

StoopTroup
9/16/2007, 07:39 PM
The amount of unsatisfied Cox Customers staggers the mind.

I left them years ago.

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2007, 07:46 PM
The amount of unsatisfied Cox Customers staggers the mind.

I left them years ago.

Those of us still stuck with them envy you.:mad:

soonerboomer93
9/16/2007, 08:50 PM
My rule when I was at Dish (and I was a tech support and then supervised tech support teams). The closer you called to when the PPV occured and the nicer you were on the phone, the more likely you were to have the event adjusted. Most of the floor supervisors who I went through training with were similar in feeling.

auto
9/16/2007, 08:59 PM
Couldn't go to the game today, nor could I even be anywhere to watch the game today, due to a previous committment that my wife had set up for us, thanks honey.

No excuse. No events during hunting/college football/holiday weekends. Nothing, nada, zilch. Even skipped my cousin's wedding, on a OU-OSU gameday.

Keep the pimp hand strong:D

bluedogok
9/16/2007, 09:01 PM
I had so much trouble with Multimedia Cablevision in The Village nine years ago that I switched to DirecTV, haven't regretted it since. My wife had Time Warner here and we dropped it once I moved down here for my DirecTV, she hasn't regretted it since either....plus I have a hard time giving money to something that has a channel called Bevo On Demand and the Longhorn Sports Channel.

MissouriSooner
9/16/2007, 09:08 PM
For the record, I have DirecTV, bought PPV for the game, recorded it on my own DVD, and it worked flawlessly.

BigDeezy
9/16/2007, 10:34 PM
Hey I watched the game and recorded it ,too, but I am having the problem you mentioned -- it seems as though my DVR recorder is still on!!! The red light is still on and the channel guide shows it still highlighted even though nothing is now playing. I was planning on calling them tomorrow to see what was up. I know the game recorded OK cause I checked it out, but recorded about 5 hours and the recorder light is STILL on!!

Jeronimo
9/16/2007, 10:40 PM
We got rid of cox 2 years ago because all 3 services (phone, inter, cable) would all go out at least once a month. they would tell us "we dont show an outage reported in your area though". NO S***! I'm telling you now! then we routinely got the "someone will be there on monday" (note the day is wednesday) everytime i threatened to leave, someone showed up that day. finally got sick of it. I went to Dish though. not 1 problem since then. not even a blip in satellite in storms. got the PPV even though I went too. watched my own playback with zero problems.

goingoneight
9/16/2007, 11:06 PM

That happened with a LOT of people. Unplug it and plug 'er back in. :twinkies:

OU-HSV
9/16/2007, 11:22 PM
Hey I watched the game and recorded it ,too, but I am having the problem you mentioned -- it seems as though my DVR recorder is still on!!! The red light is still on and the channel guide shows it still highlighted even though nothing is now playing. I was planning on calling them tomorrow to see what was up. I know the game recorded OK cause I checked it out, but recorded about 5 hours and the recorder light is STILL on!!
As others have said, unplug it and then plug it back in. That turned my "record light' off.

badger
9/17/2007, 09:05 AM
The unplugging worked to stop Cox from being stupid. If you don't do this, you can only record one channel, and you have to watch that one channel.

r5TPsooner
9/17/2007, 09:06 AM

Two words... Direct TV.