PDA

View Full Version : FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE.....

SoonerinSouthlake
9/15/2007, 10:52 PM
Can we get someone, other than the Sooners, in the big 12 to step up and get a quality win.

Obvioulsly we all think there is a good chance, based on the last 3 weeks of play, that the Sooners beat the Whorns and go undefeated.

How likely do we feel that we are the odd man out come BCS Championship season if we have a goose egg in the loss column but we have no one on our schedule worth a crap?

Im just sayin......Whorns looking weak for 3 weeks and everyone else looking limp too, doesnt help up us much no matter how good we look.

hink4769
9/15/2007, 10:55 PM
no way we would get in ahead of usc or lsu or even florida possibly. top to bottom the pac-10 and sec are much better conferences.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2007, 10:58 PM
suc will lose in the Pac 10, and Fla plays LSU next month.

journeyman
9/15/2007, 10:59 PM
Hey, wait!!! TCU's ranked...and UCF and Arkie State oughta be!!!:texan:

mdklatt
9/15/2007, 11:01 PM
Miami didn't exactly light it up against the Fightin' Smellsofbourbons today. I'm not so sure how much of a "quality win" that's supposed to be. At least we're winning with plenty of style points.

hink4769
9/15/2007, 11:02 PM
suc will lose in the Pac 10, and Fla plays LSU next month.
I was thinking that if florida beat lsu and then ran the table the voters would put them ahead of us

tommieharris91
9/15/2007, 11:08 PM
LSU may have to lose twice for OU to play ahead of them in the Champeenship game. And one of those losses has to come agianst someone other than Florida.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/15/2007, 11:23 PM
Miami didn't exactly light it up against the Fightin' Smellsofbourbons today. I'm not so sure how much of a "quality win" that's supposed to be. At least we're winning with plenty of style points.

Well you are right.....my point precisely. Unfortunately, we appear to be pretty loaded now that SamB looks great....but since the entire littlle 12 seem to suck against other conferences..we could be the greatest team of all time and get no title shot.....

I just wish someone else in the conferene would freakin step up.

What are the chances that SUC drops one? What are the chances that loser of LSU-FLA still ranks above us us BCS?

proudsoonergal
9/15/2007, 11:23 PM
Would LSU and Florida knock each other out if they split the regular season and then the SEC game?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2007, 11:24 PM
I was thinking that if florida beat lsu and then ran the table the voters would put them ahead of usI still think suc is going to lose to someone, or twice, even.(maybe) If we are undefeated, we would probably be ahead of lsu in the BCS. It would be us vs. Fla.

MiccoMacey
9/15/2007, 11:28 PM
Watch for Kansas to come up and bite some people. I know it's been against inferior competition, but for a team most picked to finish 4th or fifth in the North, they've been steamrolling people.

And before you say "they haven't played anyone", look in the mirror. They're beating bad people badly the same way we're beating our bad opponents badly.

Doged
9/15/2007, 11:35 PM
I've been keeping half an eye on Kansas, too. I think they've hung half-a-hundred, or close to it, on everyone they've played so far.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/15/2007, 11:38 PM
seriously....its KANSAS. Tell me we dont have to hang our BCS/MNC hats on FREAKING KANSAS.

MiccoMacey
9/15/2007, 11:41 PM
I'm not hanging any hats on them...but they are looking good right now.

I know, I know...once they play someone half-way decent, they'll probably fold.

But they have Fl Int next week, then a bye week before KSU and Baylor. They could easily be 6-0 when they play Colorado, or even 7-0 when they play A&M.

hink4769
9/15/2007, 11:42 PM
if wvu runs the table do we get in ahead of them? i don't think they will but its something to think about. their SOS isn't bad this year although it took a hit today with louisville going down to kentucky.

OUstud

Miami played the other Miami-area starter football program, FIU. Smellsofbourbon beat Minnesota today though...

proudsoonergal
seriously....its KANSAS. Tell me we dont have to hang our BCS/MNC hats on FREAKING KANSAS.

Whoa....is it basketball season?

MiccoMacey
9/15/2007, 11:45 PM
Nah...Basketball Kansas would have been rated much higher, then folded like a cheap suit. Football Kansas will just eventually fold. I just think they'll look decently good before they do.

Miko
9/15/2007, 11:48 PM
Whoa....is it basketball season?

I'll never forget the 87/88 season when we played them in kansas. I didn;t get to the stadium until half way through the first. It was 24 to 0 and I was stunned we had settled for a FG.

We crushed them and as the ku fans left (3rd qtr) they chanted WAIT TIL BASKETBALL. In b-ball we beat them in Norman, we beat them in lawrence, we beat them in KC (well, the first time in KC:mad: )

SoonerinSouthlake
9/15/2007, 11:50 PM
I'm not hanging any hats on them...but they are looking good right now.

I know, I know...once they play someone half-way decent, they'll probably fold.

But they have Fl Int next week, then a bye week before KSU and Baylor. They could easily be 6-0 when they play Colorado, or even 7-0 when they play A&M.

Still...in order to have have a decent Strenght of Schedule....we need for the Whorns to stop pulling out squeakers against spares...and Aggies (and Aggys) and rest of big 12 to stop stinking it up against teams like Troy!

Sorry to dis-spek Troy who had some fine athelets...but our conference should be wiping I-35 with them

mdklatt
9/15/2007, 11:51 PM
Miami played the other Miami-area starter football program, FIU. Smellsofbourbon beat Minnesota today though...

FAU, FEU, FIU, FOU, FUU...who gives a ****. :D

Doged
9/15/2007, 11:53 PM
Iowa St did get the win over Iowa.. but yea, they still pretty much suck again this year, too.

hink4769
9/15/2007, 11:57 PM
if texas tech has a good year that will make us look good when we beat them in lubbock.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/15/2007, 11:58 PM
if texas tech has a good year that will make us look good when we beat them in lubbock.
which is about the same as beating Kansas in Kansas(football)