PDA

View Full Version : ABC HD Back on Cox

sitzpinkler
9/15/2007, 02:08 PM
I was just flipping through the channels and noticed this. When did this happen?

Theskipster
9/15/2007, 02:11 PM
POSTED: 5:38 pm CDT September 14, 2007
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Hearst-Argyle (KOCO’s parent company) announced on Friday that an agreement in principle has been reached with Cox Cable to provide KOCO’s HD signal to Cox subscribers.

While final contract details are being worked out, as a sign of good faith KOCO and Cox Cable will broadcast the Michigan/Notre Dame game at 2:30 p.m. and the Nebraska/USC game at 7 p.m. on Saturday, and the NASCAR event 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday in High Definition on Cox Cable Channel 705.

At this time no other High Definition programming from KOCO has been cleared to air on Cox Cable. “We are very pleased to offer the games in High Definition this weekend. We have made substantial progress in the negotiations with Cox and anticipate delivery of our full HD line-up to Cox Cable by the end of September.” said Brent Hensley, President & General Manager of KOCO-TV.

Cox and KOCO know how important college football is to our viewers and are very pleased that we can bring viewers Saturday’s games in High Definition. We are confident that we will have the full line-up of KOCO HD programming on Cox channel 705 very soon.” said Dave Bialis, VP/GM Cox Communications.

Hearst-Argyle Television Inc. owns 26 television stations, and manages an additional three television and two radio stations, in geographically diverse U.S. markets. The Company’s television stations reach approximately 18% of the U.S. TV households, making it one of the largest U.S. television station groups. Hearst-Argyle owns 12 ABC affiliated stations, and manages an additional ABC station owned by Hearst Corporation, and is the largest ABC affiliate group. The Company owns 10 NBC affiliates, and is the second-largest NBC affiliate owner, and also owns two CBS affiliates. The Company’s Web address is www.hearstargyle.com.

I like football in 720p better than 1080i, so I'll still keep getting the ABC games OTA.

Boomer.....
9/15/2007, 06:51 PM
Tulsa has been enjoying it for years! :D

bluedogok
9/15/2007, 07:00 PM
I have all but the NBC station here in HD on Directv. Lin Television has not come to carriage agreements with Directv, Dish or most cable companies, luckily I get a good OTA signal and the Directv HD-DVR can record OTA channels so it hasn't been a big deal.