PDA

View Full Version : A disturbing sight...

Crimsontothecore
9/15/2007, 09:08 AM
Over at Orangepower.com, they are devouring their young.

usmc-sooner
9/15/2007, 09:31 AM
well pokes look on the bright side, you still got your facilities.

Dio
9/15/2007, 10:08 AM

...and rasslin season's coming up!

Does that leotard come in "Hetero"?

SoonerBOI
9/15/2007, 12:30 PM
Total orangepowerless.com MELTDOWN. LOL

Seamus
9/15/2007, 01:33 PM
Best thread evar: Heh (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40626)

Wear black Saturday

Its a blackout for Texas Tech. We are still going to go and cheer our asses off, but this staff doesn't deserve to see orange this week. Send'em a message. At least that is what is being suggested on other boards, and I kind of like the idea.

By the way, this is probably childish too, but you know.

aurorasooner
9/15/2007, 01:43 PM
CentexPoke

OStateIllustrated.com
Post #374
Hamilton, Texas

OSU Fan looking for new team. Reply
Guys, I have been an OkState fan for a long time but after last night I think that I may be looking for a new team. I can't handle the annual letdown. Any thoughts on who the new team should be?
CentexPoke

OStateIllustrated.comhttp://collegefootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2150&tid=100762784&mid=100762784&sid=1144&style=2
Post #377
Hamilton, Texas

Re: OSU Fan looking for new team. Reply
I was actually thinking either LSU or Texas. LSU always seems to be pretty good and I am attending Texas for grad school. Just sad. I don't care how bad we were under Boo Blake, I never looked for another team. If the Pokes get slaughtered by Tech in Stoolwater, I wouldn't be surprised if Gundy is gone.

Ground_Attack
9/15/2007, 01:47 PM
This is good:

How can we consider ourselves a legitmate D-1 football team when we ("a big 12 championship contender") can not beat TROY. I blame myself for thinking that we were going to change, that we would be different than every other Oklahoma State team that I have ever known, maybe I wanted it too bad, maybe I wanted it so bad that I filled my head with false hope.

Since when were they a contender? Was that proclaimed by the same group that dubbed them "The Most Powerful Offense in the World"????

XFollower
9/15/2007, 02:06 PM
I spoke to some of my friends who are poke fans (alumni), they are embarressed by the team itself. The fact that they looked like they didn't even care to win. He said that he'd never seen them respesent more poorly in his time.

bringit
9/15/2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure why all the gloom and doom. They're on pace for an average season for them. Just get used to it pokes, it is what it is :D

Partial Qualifier
9/15/2007, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Gundy is gone.

This is the thing that i love about the Poke fans I work with: They've wanted Gundy as the head coach since like 1999. Les Miles was simply a way & means to get Gundy as the head coach, kindof a babysitter of the program until Gundy was "ready". (HEH!) Same thing with whats-his-face, Eddie Sutton's son. Oh good lord, we can't let this guy get away! NO WAY could they let that guy slip to another program (even though no other program in the world would hire this guy as a head coach)

It's like a neverending fountain of comedy

fadada1
9/15/2007, 04:39 PM
"Its a blackout for Texas Tech."

this is comical. blackout for an osu game. i'd love to see that on tv. smatterings of black with speckled silver splotches from the bleachers.

oh, and the occasional day-glow orange thrown in.

Veritas
9/15/2007, 06:03 PM
If the Pokes get slaughtered by Tech in Stoolwater, I wouldn't be surprised if Gundy is gone.
The local Walmart will need to notify their hair-care products manager.

Oh, and isn't black one of TTU's colors?

JohnnyMack
9/15/2007, 10:24 PM
That is in fact an epic meltdown.

I give it 4 Nuclear Reactors.

StoopTroup
9/15/2007, 10:31 PM
Paperbags over their heads would be cheaper.

tommieharris91
9/15/2007, 10:36 PM
Paperbags over their heads would be cheaper.

Why, that thread is right here!!!!!

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40685

mdklatt
9/15/2007, 10:37 PM
What Do You Expect From OSU Football? (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40668)

I expect whatever 165 Million is worth.

Heh!

Lofty expectations and over priced tickets. I am pretty much getting that!

LOL

After being an OSU fan for 20 years (even though I wish I could say otherwise), this is exactly what I have come to expect from OSU football. A whole lot of talk, but no backing it up.

Some of them get it.

StoopTroup
9/15/2007, 10:41 PM

Are they Orange sacks or Black sacks?

They aren't plastic are they? That could be dangerous.

Heh...

Black Sacks on their heads...

Sheephumpers....LMAO!

tommieharris91
9/15/2007, 10:46 PM
This is the thing that i love about the Poke fans I work with: They've wanted Gundy as the head coach since like 1999. Les Miles was simply a way & means to get Gundy as the head coach, kindof a babysitter of the program until Gundy was "ready". (HEH!) Same thing with whats-his-face, Eddie Sutton's son. Oh good lord, we can't let this guy get away! NO WAY could they let that guy slip to another program (even though no other program in the world would hire this guy as a head coach)

It's like a neverending fountain of comedy

My friend, after :les: left, was highly agianst Gumby getting the job there. He pretty much knew that Gundy wasn't a good coach that really didn't deserve a HC job.

journeyman
9/15/2007, 10:56 PM
He related the past 50 years history of Aggies/Cowboys football, which pretty much went south after our 1946 undefeated MNC season.

Took this from a post by "backphil" on the poke board. So now the Ags are claiming an MNC from 1946. Un-freaking-believable.:stunned:

Sooner98
9/15/2007, 11:02 PM
Is it wrong that I am actually close to feeling sorry for them?

mdklatt
9/15/2007, 11:10 PM
Is it wrong that I am actually close to feeling sorry for them?

Yes. The only reason the Troy loss (debacle, *** raping, whatever) is making them slit their wrists is because of their unfounded expectations. They could find happiness if they'd learn to accept their place, which is hoping for 4th place in the Big 12 South every year.

mdklatt
9/15/2007, 11:45 PM
their unfounded expectations

Exhibit A (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40694)

Years ago a coach came to town and ask everyone to believe... many did and he began to turn the program around (Jimmy). He turned out to be a coach for hire and left for Miami.

Reality check: Stillwater is and almost certainly always will be a stepping-stone job. But go ahead and blame those evil coaches for hire that move on to better jobs.

But now we have hope
1. Back to back very good recruiting classes
2. Players that are or can be "play makers"
3. A coach that loves OSU and will stay
4. Construction on great facilities

Reality check: Your supposed all-world recruiting classes aren't getting it done on the field during games against actual opponents. Spring ball don't count. Your coach won't be leaving (willingly...) alright--because nobody else wants him. All of the money you're spending on new facilities will--at best--bring you up to par with the big boys. In the meantime, the big boys are busy upgrading their facilities, too. This isn't major league baseball. You can't buy championships.

We began to hope for the BCS this year when we are more realistically a year or two away because we need more depth and a few more play makers and some more experience in certain areas.

Reality check: BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

PLaw
9/16/2007, 09:10 AM
"Its a blackout for Texas Tech."

this is comical. blackout for an osu game. i'd love to see that on tv. smatterings of black with speckled silver splotches from the bleachers.

oh, and the occasional day-glow orange thrown in.,

Yeah, as a TTU alumni, the Pink Faders will think it is a home game.

BOOMER
PLaw

PLaw
9/16/2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, the "Greatest Offense On Earth" never has, or will, resemble anything truly great.

BOOMER
PLaw

SoonerFlower
9/16/2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, the roaches really are jumping ship.

mdklatt
9/16/2007, 12:26 PM
Wow, the roaches really are jumping ship.

That can't be. oSu doesn't have bandwagon fans. :rolleyes:

yermom
9/16/2007, 12:41 PM

that right there is GOLD

oh my

mdklatt
9/16/2007, 12:54 PM
I was at THE State Fair on Friday night, and the proportion of crimson to correctional facility orange was about 50/50. Maybe even a little more orange due my proximity to Agtropolis. I wonder how much orange I'll see tonight?

bluedogok
9/16/2007, 01:11 PM
Here is a good one from there....

OrangePower.com - Michael Crabtree (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40707)

Michael Crabtree
Who's gonna cover him?

What's the defensive plan going to be there? Do you guys have a "shutdown corner" at all?

As a Tech fan, I'll be interested to see how he does against Big 12 talent after the not-of-this-planet numbers he put up against three Conference USA teams. We've had good ones in Lubbock, but I don't think we've never had anything close to this kid, considering he's a redshirt freshman.

Here's some replies

We're petitioning the NCAA to allow us 15 players on defense. Failing that, Boone will try and cut a deal with Bob Stoops to rent ou's defense for the day (since the sooners play on friday).

Five of the top ten plays on ESPN will probably be TTech offensive plays against our sieve, uh I mean defense.

SoonerBOI
9/16/2007, 01:14 PM
OSU = CUPCAKE

journeyman
9/16/2007, 03:13 PM
There are some truly delusional people over there.

We began to hope for the BCS this year when we are more realistically a year or two away because we need more depth and a few more play makers and some more experience in certain areas.

Oh like maybe the coaching staff?? Gundy is on the verge of losing that team. Bobby Reid's display on the sideline the other night was absolutely pathetic. Laughing and giggling like he was in jr. high while his team was getting embarrassed.

Suerreal
9/16/2007, 03:45 PM
if not your faculties...

SoonerEmpire
9/16/2007, 04:40 PM
I laughed so hard at the following dialog, I almost p*ss*d all over myself.

Taken from http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40707

Texas Tech Fan, TrickyLeach: "It's scary to me that this offense will have 10 returning starters in 2008. If you beat us this year, it will have to be with your offense and that keep-away game, because our defense seems to be very vulnerable at times.

Poke93: "It sounds like OSU is alot like Tech. Except our defense AND our offense are "vulnerable."

In response to your "how are we going to cover Crabtree" question. That one's easy. Our CB's will line up about 3 yards off of him, and then right before Graham snaps it, they will start back-peddling so that by the time the ball is snapped, that 3 yard cushion is now a 10 yard cushion. Unless Graham gets greedy, your drives will go like this... 1st and 10, 2nd and 2, 1st and 10, 2nd and 2, 1st and 10, 2nd and 2, 1st and 10, Touchdown. That's how you put together a 7 play drive against us.

If the pattern seen in recent weeks holds true, Graham can look forward to breaking his career passing numbers next Saturday."

TrickyLeach: "Well.. I'm glad to see you guys have such a positive outlook."

</excerpt>

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!