PDA

View Full Version : Why in the world would the Pokes schedule Home/& Away with Troy?

aurorasooner
9/15/2007, 01:19 AM
The announcers said Troy played UF and Arkansas away for the payday. Did the pokes even get a 2 for 1? That would be like us scheduling a H & A with Utah State. If it was for recruiting, Yeah, that went over well. I guess Boone figured he'd save a nickel by giving them home and away. LOL

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 01:21 AM
To quote every English butler ever, "Egads!"

sooner518
9/15/2007, 01:31 AM
they said it was a 2 for 1 deal. still, i have a hard time believing that a big time program would go play at Troy

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 02:04 AM
Well, Gumby heard something about playing "up in Troy" and thought it was an old boyfriend and thought reliving his romantic past might be fun...After all, it was ol' Troy that gave him the hair tips back in their cosmetology school days.

aurorasooner
9/15/2007, 02:06 AM
i have a hard time believing that a big time program would go play at Troy

That answers that. They're not. I went over and looked at Troy's schedule for as far as it would go back and forward, and they play some real, real good teams on the road in the next few years. Georgia, Ohio State, Arkansas and UF again, I looked on the Aggies previous schedules and I don't see where they've played Troy before this year, and Troy comes back to Stoolwater next year, but the future schedules website doesn't show a 3rd game for the 2 for 1. Ags lost at La.Tech earlier in the decade. They'd better stay away from scheduling Sunbelt Conference games away and stick with the major conferences. If your going to lose them, you might as well do it against the Georgia's. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6100/screenshot045hx7.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 02:09 AM
My answer was funnier, but yours certainly is informative!

So what's the real deal...Do we get to relocate stoolwater for a weekend or not?

RedstickSooner
9/15/2007, 02:27 AM
They were just confused. They always heard of USuC as "The men of troy", and thought they were scheduling a home-and-home with a perennial national championship contender. It was actually rather brave of them, I must begrudgingly admit.

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 02:30 AM
A confused Hokey? Whoda thunk it???!!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/15/2007, 02:32 AM
TBA will owm their *** too!!!

MextheBulldog
9/15/2007, 10:29 AM
It's one thing to schedule a road game against a team like this on a Friday night to get the national TV exposure, and you do get the 2 for 1. It's another thing to *COMPLETELY* not show up and get drilled by a team who Fla had scored 49 on in the first half last week.

SoonerInFla
9/15/2007, 10:34 AM
OSU needed the money. Troy State sells out every game. Rain, sleet, hail or snow. Postman ain't got nothin on the Trojans.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/15/2007, 10:40 AM
OSU needed the money. Troy State sells out every game. Rain, sleet, hail or snow. Postman ain't got nothin on the Trojans.

I saw quite a few empty seats.

proudsoonergal
9/15/2007, 10:50 AM
They were just confused. They always heard of USuC as "The men of troy", and thought they were scheduling a home-and-home with a perennial national championship contender. It was actually rather brave of them, I must begrudgingly admit.

I'm with you. I think they got their Trojans mixed up.

MichiganSooner
9/15/2007, 03:58 PM
Think about it. What kind of paycheck can OSU guarantee a mid major?

fadada1
9/15/2007, 04:01 PM
Think about it. What kind of paycheck can OSU guarantee a mid major?
$5 and season tickets in the end zone... 2 hot dogs for night games only.

royalfan5
9/15/2007, 04:09 PM
One reason games like these are starting to crop up is that the Sun Belt is mandating a minimum amount of home games. Since scheduling several Non-BCS teams is the practice du jour, the competition for to schedule these teams is driving up the price, and having to do 2 for 1's is part of the deal for lesser name BCS teams.