PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Hill & more

Rhino
9/14/2007, 10:18 PM
I forgot to mention this past week on ESPNU I watched Cardinal Mooney (OH)'s first game of the season (9/1). They beat Monroeville Gateway (PA) 27-6. (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07245/814210-365.stm)

Cardinal Mooney features OU commit Taylor Hill, Penn State commits Brandon Beachum and Michael Zordich and Notre Dame commit Danny McCarthy. Gateway features the #1 ILB in the nation Shayne Hale and three-star guy Cameron Saddler.

I spent most of my time focusing on Hill. He ended up with six tackles, a forced fumble and a PBU that was almost an INT. He was playing DE, although he may be a LB or FB in college. He contains real well and is very disciplined in not overpursuing. That was nice to see. He also took some good angles on rundowns. He also ran for 36 yards on five attempts -- his long run was 25 yards -- at fullback.

Looks like he'll be a good one after a redshirt year. Needs to put on a little weight (depending on where we put him), but he's definitely a good football player.

=====

Beachum only played some of the first series before getting injured. I don't think it was anything serious.

Zordich is a beast. Just a big, tough dude. He filled in for Beachum at RB and ran for 86 yards and a TD, including a tough 40+ yard run where he broke six tackles. He also had some big hits on defense and got one INT.

McCarthy was great at QB. Too bad he's going to be a safety at Notre Dame because he'd be a great option QB. He ran for 133 yards and was just blowing by people. He made it look way too easy.

Saddler was a quick little back that was all over the place. He finished with 124 yards until he went down with a hamstring injury.

Honestly, I didn't notice much of Hale.

Anyway, just wanted to mention what I saw.

insuranceman_22
9/14/2007, 11:27 PM
I don't know if you guys know about this one:
Southlake Carroll, Tx. vs. Miami Northwest, Fl.
It's #1 vs. #2 in the Prep High School rankings.
It's on ESPNU tomorrow (Sat.) at 6 pm. Lots of talent in that game. Southlake is sort of like a mix between Union & Jenks in Texas, they are the path to the Texas title. 49 game winning streak, and won 79 of their last 80 games.

man00
9/15/2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know if you guys know about this one:
Southlake Carroll, Tx. vs. Miami Northwest, Fl.
It's #1 vs. #2 in the Prep High School rankings.
It's on ESPNU tomorrow (Sat.) at 6 pm. Lots of talent in that game. Southlake is sort of like a mix between Union & Jenks in Texas, they are the path to the Texas title. 49 game winning streak, and won 79 of their last 80 games.
SOuthlake would clean either Jenks or Union clock anyday of the week

insuranceman_22
9/16/2007, 06:40 AM
SOuthlake would clean either Jenks or Union clock anyday of the week

I suspect that is true, Southlake is like the Jenks teams in the mid to late 90's. They are a true football factory at the high school level. But they are under a new coach and they lost to Saturday.....not rank #1 anymore!