PDA

View Full Version : Would Boone Pickens ever fire Gundy?

cs6000
9/14/2007, 10:16 PM
Seriously, Pickens hired Gundy in the first place. When these improvements are made at Boone State, some decent coach out there might be interested in it as a retirement job. After Gundy loses enough games, would Boone make a switch?

Along those lines, when Pickens dies, who will run the aggot athletic dept? Does Pickens have kids lined up to take his place?

royalfan5
9/14/2007, 10:31 PM
Boone's not the type to **** around. Apparently Gundy is. There's only one conclusion to that.

bringit
9/14/2007, 10:40 PM
Maybe... but who wants to coach at OSU... seriously

Sooner Eclipse
9/14/2007, 11:31 PM

Boone would coach if you let him ... the college version of Jerry Jones.

Ike
9/14/2007, 11:50 PM
Boone would coach if you let him ... the college version of Jerry Jones.
Ted Turner might be a better analogy.

CORNholio
9/15/2007, 12:06 AM
dumb aggies should do exactly that. They pour 100s of millions into rust-proofing thier empty stadium instead of just taking 25 mill and bribing a legendary coach to take the riegns. They'll never get it.

kelloggOUballa
9/15/2007, 12:08 AM
no, but Mike Holder might

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 02:05 AM
He might fire him...If Mike stops servicing him, he'll get a new young mistress to "take care of his boys".

tulsaoilerfan
9/15/2007, 02:40 AM
Someone that is trying to use it as a stepping stone to a real college football program:D

Flagstaffsooner
9/15/2007, 05:21 AM
Seriously, When these improvements are made at Boone State, some decent coach out there might be interested in it as a retirement job. If they were smart they might try getting JJ back.

batonrougesooner
9/15/2007, 06:45 AM
I bet Boone puts the team up for sale after the season.

Jacie
9/15/2007, 08:41 AM
Boone might decide to become a Sooner.

Crimsontothecore
9/15/2007, 08:53 AM
Well...quite honestly and by and large...and frankly, I've been reduced to doing talk radio and..uh...I would consider going back to osu..honestly.

devOUt
9/15/2007, 09:01 AM
Yes, then Boone will make an offer to the losing coach of Michigan/Notre Dame.

badger
9/15/2007, 09:37 AM
I have been ill with a high fever the past few days, so when NP wanted to watch the pokes and troy, I got a glass of water, and started slowly sipping it...

And then, the score is 7-0, so I take a drink in OSU's dishonor...

And then, OSU throws a pick, so I drink once again.

Soon, (the first half took forever to start and finish!) I am going through two Gatorade bottles, five glasses of water, and even a glass of cranberry juice to mix things up...

And the pokes keep screwing up.

They only showed T Boner once, and that was him getting off the private jet. My guess is they didn't show him during the game, because he left early in frustration.

Perhaps he though Gundy was right for the job because he wanted to coach there, unlike Les Miles. Alas, sometimes the coach that would rather be elsewhere is better--- like Jimmy Johnson.

If they do not improve, Pickens will pull out the pocketbook once again... and they will get a Callahan-like coach. Or Ron Zook.

SoonerDood
9/15/2007, 09:49 AM
I think Boone wants a coach and AD he can control. Gundy and Holder fit that perfectly. Miles and Birdwell didn't so much, that's why they are no longer affiliated with the program.

MextheBulldog
9/15/2007, 10:16 AM
I bet Boone puts the team up for sale after the season.

Genius...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2007, 10:22 AM
Excellent discussion, gang! A star-provider should lob several of them into this thread.

badger
9/15/2007, 10:35 AM
Excellent discussion, gang! A star-provider should lob several of them into this thread.
I threw five pity stars in :D

Quite honestly, transitions don't happen overnight, within a season or two (unless you're the Oklahoma Sooners), so I doubt Gundy will get the boot.

1- Recruiting classes are improving.
2- Fan support is increasing... except among those who had houses eminent domain'd.
3- They wouldn't get a better coach than Gundy, anyways.

Gundy should have tossed in a new guy, but his ego would prevent admitting that he made a mistake. Alas, Bobby Reid was shown on the sideline after yet-another-interception throwing his OSU hat down... whoopsies! You're on national television, dear.

Blues1
9/15/2007, 10:57 AM
Gundy seems to show NO emotion on the sidelines - Just looking at his play sheet no matter what happens - No emotion from the Coach - No emotion from the Players....It's all Kinda sad..

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2007, 11:11 AM
I threw five pity stars in :D

Thanx, badg. Get well!

SoonerBOI
9/15/2007, 11:42 AM
Pickens is to gay to do that.:D

stoopified
9/15/2007, 11:48 AM
If they were smart they might try getting JJ back.
I hope they do.He wasn't able to do anything with the Pokes back then and still can't.

cs6000
9/15/2007, 08:49 PM
Some folks have noted Gundy's lack of emotion. Boone, on the other hand, seems to show plenty of emotion when it comes to Gundy....:rolleyes: