PDA

View Full Version : mother board

Petro-Sooner
9/14/2007, 08:23 PM
I've got a computer I'm retiring and I'm trying to find I guess what is called the mother board. The thing that holds all the info. I've deleted practically everything I could but just in case what exactly am I wanting to remove before its trashed? The thing had serious problems and its time to put it out of its misery. I'm computer stupid so I dont know how to post a pic of the dang thing. I've removed several things from the inside. This is the ex's old thing she gave me and I sure would like to go "damn it feels good to be a gansta on it" but I'm not in the mood and shes long gone and I want to make room for something new. Any constructive help on a beer filled Friday is much appreciated. ;)

And yes.......she was hot. :D

CORNholio
9/14/2007, 08:26 PM
The fluxcapacitor definitely needs to be removed. Its right next to the gubenhouser. GL.

soonerboomer93
9/14/2007, 08:30 PM
um, it's the hard drive you want to remove

solid metal box, 2 cables connected to it

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll200/22-136-074-02.jpg

looks like that but will have a top so that you can't see the platters (which would be bad)

Petro-Sooner
9/14/2007, 08:42 PM
I'm looking at the inerds of the thing now. Something like that pic would be next to the front of the CPU? I think I may have found it. Why do you say "which would be bad"?

GottaHavePride
9/14/2007, 09:32 PM
If you could see the discs inside the hard drive they'd be spinning at many thousands of RPM. Them being exposed would be bad.

the motherboard doesn't do anything: it's the giant one-foot-square green board that everything else plugs into.

soonerboomer93
9/14/2007, 10:18 PM
exposing the platters to the air would bsaically mean data corruption...

but the government has hard drive shredders...

oh, and the whole spinning at 7200 rpm thing with only a small pin holding it in (without the top cover) thing...

OCUDad
9/14/2007, 11:03 PM
Dude, unless you're the head of the CIA and that data would compromise the security of the USA and foreign spies are looking for it... just take a hammer to the hard disk and you'll be fine.

GottaHavePride
9/15/2007, 12:00 AM
Big. Magnets.

StuIsTheMan
9/15/2007, 12:03 AM
i'll smok it fer ya:D

AlbqSooner
9/15/2007, 05:56 AM
exposing the platters to the air would bsaically mean data corruption...

but the government has hard drive shredders...

oh, and the whole spinning at 7200 rpm thing with only a small pin holding it in (without the top cover) thing...
I have a hard drive shredder. It is also referred to as a 12 Gauge. :D
PULL!

soonerboomer93
9/15/2007, 11:48 PM
i'll smok yer pole fer ya:D

not suprised in the least bit you offered

:pop:

soonerboomer93
9/15/2007, 11:49 PM
I have a hard drive shredder. It is also referred to as a 12 Gauge. :D
PULL!

depends on what yur load is..

soonerboomer93
9/16/2007, 10:51 PM
Dude, unless you're the head of the CIA and that data would compromise the security of the USA and foreign spies are looking for it... just take a hammer to the hard disk and you'll be fine.

unless you're worth a decent amount of money (like mid 6 figures) just run killdisk on it a couple times. It's not worth the effort for anyone to steal your data for the most part.

Petro-Sooner
9/17/2007, 09:13 AM
I took my rock hammer to it. :cool: