PDA

View Full Version : looks like Weis may have similar QB problems that we've had the last several years

aurorasooner
9/14/2007, 06:55 PM
Makes me wonder if Charlie is messing with Michigan.
Jones' status in doubt after not boarding team bus to Ann Arbor Notre Dame quarterback Demetrius Jones did not board a bus departing for the trip to Michigan, Coach Charlie Weis said in a statement Friday.

Jones started Notre Dame's opener, a 33-3 loss at home to Georgia Tech. He was pulled as starter last Saturday against Penn State in favor of freshman Jimmy Clausen.

Jones' status at Notre Dame is now in doubt.

Against Georgia Tech, Jones was 1-of-3 passing for 4 yards and ran the ball 12 times for 28 yards. Four of the six drives he led ended in three-and-outs, and he fumbled the ball away on the other two possessions.

"At 2:30 today, while boarding the bus to Michigan, I was notified that Demetrius Jones had decided not to make the trip," Weis said in a statement. "I have not spoken to Demetrius and can only say that he missed the team bus. Any additional comment would be without all the facts."

sooner_born_1960
9/14/2007, 07:08 PM
You think he fell out of the back of a pickup?

insuranceman_22
9/15/2007, 12:09 AM
or took a little money on the side?

OUstud
9/15/2007, 12:10 AM
Nah, they'll just move Jones to receiver.

Soonerus
9/15/2007, 12:12 AM
You know Weis legally changed his last name, it used to be Charlie Dangerfield....

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 01:30 AM
Actually, my sources tell me he was hanging with a "friend" in a confessional booth.