PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Coaching Jobs in NCAA!

Collier11
9/14/2007, 12:55 PM
What is you guys opinion on the Top College Coaching Jobs Current!

1. USC

t2. OU-The only thing the suc has on us is the hollywood/rock star atmosphere, and trust me that makes a big diff to alot of kids

t2. Florida

4. Texas

5. Ohio State

6. Michigan

7. Notre Dame

8. Tennessee

9. Nebraska

10. Penn State

Petro-Sooner
9/14/2007, 12:58 PM
11. New Mexico St.

badger
9/14/2007, 01:01 PM
What is you guys opinion on the Top College Coaching Jobs Current!

1. USC

t2. OU-The only thing the suc has on us is the hollywood/rock star atmosphere, and trust me that makes a big diff to alot of kids

t2. Florida

4. Texas

5. Ohio State

6. Michigan

7. Notre Dame

8. Tennessee

9. Nebraska

10. Penn State

Your list, or some talking head's?

First off, top coaching jobs need to have tradition. I guess all your schools have that.

Next, they need to have job security... let's see, Florida kicked their guy to the curb a few years ago, Michigan is ready to that later this season, Notre Dame fired Willingham and the media reamed them, Nebraska fired a guy who beat OU and took them to the national title game... ELIMINATE THEM!

That leaves us with...

1- USC
2-OU
3-Texas
4-Ohio State
5- Tennessee
6- Penn State

Not a bad list :)

To fill out the top 10, I would add a few schools with tradition, recruiting power and giant, awesome facilities. These would include Texas A&M, Louisiana State and UCLA.

stoopified
9/14/2007, 01:10 PM

First off, top coaching jobs need to have tradition. I guess all your schools have that.

Next, they need to have job security... let's see, Florida kicked their guy to the curb a few years ago, Michigan is ready to that later this season, Notre Dame fired Willingham and the media reamed them, Nebraska fired a guy who beat OU and took them to the national title game... ELIMINATE THEM!

That leaves us with...

1- USC
2-OU
3-Texas
4-Ohio State
5- Tennessee
6- Penn State

To fill out the top 10, I would add a few schools with tradition, recruiting power and giant, awesome facilities. These would include Texas A&M, Louisiana State and UCLA.
What? No Penn State or FSU?

sooneron
9/14/2007, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry, but nationally speaking, it would be texas tied with UFla. The talent pool and the coffers are enough to put them up there.

JohnnyMack
9/14/2007, 01:15 PM
1. Notre Dame
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Michigan
5. Oklahoma
6. Alabama
7. Florida
8. Ohio State
9. Tennessee
10. Florida State / Miami

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 01:16 PM
Campus life, weather, "The Scene" all have a lot to do with where kids want to go today...so while Stoops and his staff do a great job selling the program, I think schools like Florida, Texas, USC, etc. have a little more of a selling point. Luckily for us we have great tradition of winning and that overrides some of the setbacks of Norman, Oklahoma, the other 360 days a year.

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2007, 01:17 PM
nm

OUDoc
9/14/2007, 01:19 PM
1. Notre Dame
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Michigan
5. Oklahoma
6. Alabama
7. Florida
8. Ohio State
9. Tennessee
10. Florida State / Miami
Oklahoma's a better job than Michigan, IMO. Otherwise looks pretty good.

JohnnyMack
9/14/2007, 01:26 PM
How much pressure is the coach under to win?

How rabid are the fans/media about the school's football team?

What kind of financial resources does the program have?

How prestigious is the winning tradition?

I think Nebraska and Penn State are on the verge of being included.

Collier11
9/14/2007, 01:32 PM

That leaves us with...

1- USC
2-OU
3-Texas
4-Ohio State
5- Tennessee
6- Penn State

MY LIST

Theskipster
9/14/2007, 01:45 PM
Why do people have OU ranked so high? Isn't this the same school that ran off the coach with the 5th best winning percentage of any college coach?

stoopified
9/14/2007, 01:47 PM
Campus life, weather, "The Scene" all have a lot to do with where kids want to go today...so while Stoops and his staff do a great job selling the program, I think schools like Florida, Texas, USC, etc. have a little more of a selling point. Luckily for us we have great tradition of winning and that overrides some of the setbacks of Norman, Oklahoma, the other 360 days a year.
OK,what's your problem with Norman?Personally I love the town.Got the small town feel,close to OKC and oh yeah they got THE SOONERS in Norman.That is enough for me.

Blues1
9/14/2007, 01:51 PM
When everything comes out from the Reggie Bush trash can - The USC job will drop out of the top ten.....JMHO.....!!!!

Still R'

Jack T.
9/14/2007, 02:00 PM
When everything comes out from the Reggie Bush trash can - The USC job will drop out of the top ten.....JMHO.....!!!!

Still R'

Of course that won't happen until sometime after they have snowball fights in Hell.

Stoop Dawg
9/14/2007, 04:23 PM
OK,what's your problem with Norman?Personally I love the town.Got the small town feel,close to OKC and oh yeah they got THE SOONERS in Norman.That is enough for me.

Why does someone have to have a "problem" with Norman in order to realize that it doesn't compare to southern California, Florida, or even Austin?

I'm glad that it's "enough" for you. Are you 6'5", 185 lbs, run a 4.4 40, have hands like fly-paper, and have some college eligibility left?

OU4189
9/14/2007, 05:12 PM
Interesting topic...Someone asked the same question basically over at collegefootballnews.com. They wanted to know the top 25 jobs, and this is one of there writers list........ 1. Michigan, 2. Notre Dame, 3. USC, 4. Ohio State, 5. Texas, 6. Florida, 7. Nebraska, 8. Penn State, 9. Tennessee, 10 OKLAHOMA, 11. LSU, 12. Alabama, 13. Georgia, 14. Wisconsin, 15. Miami, 16. Clemson, 17. Florida State, 18. UCLA, 19. West Virginia, 20. Auburn, 21. Virginia Tech, 22. Texas A&M, 23. Oregon., 24. Arkansas, 25. Iowa

Now...I didn't want to post his reasons why he had them in that order, but there 's no way OU is below top 5 IMO!! Actually I take that back...OU is the best damn job to have!!!! :D

PLaw
9/14/2007, 05:55 PM
1) Texas
2) Notre Dame
3t) Florida
3t) SUC
5t) Ohio State
5t) Oklahoma
7) Tennessee
8) Alabama
9t) Florida State
9t) Miami
10) Michigan

Just sayin'. I don't think SUC is all that great - there was a long dry spell between McKay/Robinson era and Carroll. Carroll is a great recruiter and has a good thing going there in the moment. But they have more talent on the coaches drive home than Bob will see in a dozen recruiting trips.

saxet simply has too many resources (money, facilities, talent pool, etc.).

Boomer
PLAW

Petro-Sooner
9/14/2007, 05:56 PM
What about New Mexico St.?

usmc-sooner
9/14/2007, 06:42 PM
top 6 in no particular order

OU, Texas, Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, Bama, Nebraska

really close to top 6
Florida, Miami, Florida State, Michigan, Penn State, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Washington

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 06:47 PM

I love Norman, but not all college kids want that "small town feel". Ever been to Austin, Tempe, the UCLA campus or Tuscaloosa? Thank God for Bud, Barry and Bob for building tradition that brings in studs, but Norman is not even on the radar screen of college towns with things to do. I'm just saying that for kids who come to college wanting that stuff as much as anything else.

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2007, 06:51 PM
I think Texas is probably the best job. Michigan and USC are next followed by OU, Alabama, and Notre Dame. Nebraska and Penn State come next. After that come Florida, FSU, and Miami.

I don't buy into the hype of the Florida schools being the best jobs. If they were, they would have been good before the last 25 years.

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 06:54 PM
Arizona State should be one of the most kick *** jobs in the world...couldn't ask for a better recruiting tool. We shall see what Erickson does with it.

Petro-Sooner
9/14/2007, 07:18 PM
What type of town is Gainesville, FL? Compare to the college town feel of Norman. Stuff to do, bars, etc...