PDA

View Full Version : So...uh...TCU just lost to Air Force...

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2007, 10:24 PM
Kinda takes the wind out of the "TCU is a quality win" for the horns. ;)

King Crimson
9/13/2007, 10:24 PM
so much for the Frogs run to the BCS this year.

SCOUT
9/13/2007, 10:25 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KC//CRIMSON
Complete HornFans meltdown in 4.....3.....2......

King Crimson
ah, ya beat me to it Colley.

goingoneight
:mack: BUT, BUT, BUT... THEY'RE BETTER THAN MIAMI!!!!!111!1

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2007, 10:26 PM
MERGE!!! :D

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2007, 10:26 PM

Already down. :D

http://www.hornfans.com/

StanberryWasIn
9/13/2007, 10:27 PM

Wanted to take a look and, surprise, it appears to be down (at least I can't get on). They've been pretty shrill on the whole "TCU could kick Miami's ***" thing, so I assume they're working on the latest rationalization.

King Crimson
9/13/2007, 10:28 PM
Already down. :D

http://www.hornfans.com/

unbelievable. :texan:

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2007, 10:29 PM
There's about ten threads on the first page that contain the words: Miami and TCU.

Hilarious.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2007, 10:30 PM
unbelievable. :texan:

Went down when air force tied the game. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/13/2007, 10:32 PM
That's hilarious.

King Crimson
9/13/2007, 10:33 PM
i'll just throw out "playing on Thursday/short turnaround after emotional loss to former SWC rival Horns" as a big factor in the resulting "spin".

auto
9/13/2007, 10:33 PM
That will blow their TCU is better than Miami thread.

StanberryWasIn
9/13/2007, 10:38 PM
i'll just throw out "playing on Thursday/short turnaround after emotional loss to former SWC rival Horns" as a big factor in the resulting "spin".

Didn't Air Force also have a short turnaround? I seem to recall something about it raining on both sides of the field.

OU812
9/13/2007, 10:40 PM
Poor Whorn frogs

Paperclip
9/13/2007, 10:42 PM
TCU did something similar in 2005. After beating us they turned right around and lost to SMU.

Soonerus
9/13/2007, 10:43 PM
Suggesting TCU was overated feels like an oxymoron...

Soonerus
9/13/2007, 10:43 PM
TCU did something similar in 2005. After beating us they turned right around and lost to SMU.

That analogy makes perfect sense ??

Paperclip
9/13/2007, 10:48 PM
That analogy makes perfect sense ??

Why don't you start five threads about how it doesn't make sense to you.

Soonerus
9/13/2007, 10:52 PM

under consideration...thanks...

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 10:56 PM
A 41 point beat down of Air Force tonight would make me feel even better about last Saturday's game.

So would seeing the Frogs QB throw for 400 yards and 8 TD's.

Go Frogs ... win out.

Oooo. So close!

snp

That'd be their second meltdown in a day with the Gatewood arrest already crashing their forum this afternoon.

King Crimson
Oooo. So close!

lol.

Soonerus
9/13/2007, 11:01 PM
Confucius say, horns looking average...

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 11:03 PM
That'd be their second meltdown in a day with the Gatewood arrest already crashing their forum this afternoon.
Is their board powered by a couple of hamsters in a wheel? It crashes every time Bevo farts. Sheesh.

Will
9/13/2007, 11:06 PM
I say you make 10 more threads soonerus...

mdklatt
9/13/2007, 11:07 PM

He's goin' for 10K!! Don't give him ideas.

mdklatt
9/13/2007, 11:13 PM
Silver lining for Texas: Their defense is more than a field goal better than AFA.

:texan:

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 11:16 PM
But AFA is 3-0 and clearly the class of the MWC. They're way underrated so beating TCU should be expected. Or whatever.

bigdsooner
9/13/2007, 11:19 PM
its difficult deciding who the better team is...is it air force, or is it bevo?
both had dominate 2nd half performances against that wicked tcu defense :confused:

Widescreen
Wow! The hornfans excuse machine is about to blow a gasket. This is getting funny.

mdklatt
But AFA is 3-0 and clearly the class of the MWC. They're way underrated so beating TCU should be expected. Or whatever.

Can Texcuses be applied to teams UT has played?

:mack: The TCU players weren't acclimated to the altitude!

snp
9/13/2007, 11:29 PM
Is their board powered by a couple of hamsters in a wheel? It crashes every time Bevo farts. Sheesh.

You'd think they'd be able to harness all that thermal energy that emits from those flamers in Austin.

douxpaysan
9/14/2007, 12:16 AM
Hornfans>>>on 3 days rest against an offense thats hard to prepare for

UT would have prob struggled in this game on a short week

http://www.theyimprov.com/Pictures/comedy-with-a-cause.jpg

Octavian
9/14/2007, 12:18 AM
:mack: Oh **** !!1

utex74
9/14/2007, 12:27 AM

Exactly. Thurday games are stupid but after what is billed as your biggest game in decades, which you lose, it is really dangerous. Getting players up after big games is tough. one reason we always had a tough time with Arkansas the week after playing OU.

I don't know if TCU would beat Miami or not. They are both in bad conferences but I think Miami loses more games than TCU. One thing this loss does do is eliminate the frogs from being this year's Boise State.

TCU will be OK, but as for what you guys really want to hear....you are going to kill us. I don't even know why we are even going to bother showing up. Bradford will be the first freshman to win the Heisman and you will roll to your eigth NC. Texas is SO outclassed this year. We are SO ****ed. Seriously.

There. Better now?

hookem31
9/14/2007, 12:30 AM

Now THAT'S funny! :D

utex74
9/14/2007, 12:31 AM

No crashing. I never had an issue getting on, even from OKC. Prevailing sentiment was he is gone. Mack confirms today. Buh bye. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. No big deal. Moving on.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2007, 12:31 AM
Not really, but it was fun to hear ya say it!

utex74
9/14/2007, 12:33 AM
Confucius say, horns looking average...

Meaning we have a huge upside and lots of room to improve! You've already gotten as good as a team can be from what I see and read.

We are doomed.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2007, 12:36 AM
Yep, I'm sure by the RRS your guys will have graduated from the short bus, but we'll be coasting along in a star destroyer as the Metallica version of the Imperial March acts as the soundtrack to Texas' doom.

snp
9/14/2007, 12:43 AM
Meaning we have a huge upside and lots of room to improve! You've already gotten as good as a team can be from what I see and read.

We are doomed.

Not quite. We still haven't seen Allen Patrick at 100%. Wait until Patrick and Brown start hammering those defenses for Murray. We're going to see DM start having some giant runs once those defenses are all tired.

And Bradford has played two games. I realize his results are phenomenal so far and his stats will only start to go down after this weekend but he's only going to get more poised and familar with the game.

ourichie
9/14/2007, 04:14 AM
AFA - 20
TCU - 17

I thought TCU was supposed to run away in the MWC and bust the BCS...

What Happened???

Boomer Sooner!!!

Go Zoomies!!!

jrsooner
9/14/2007, 05:27 AM
AFA - 20
TCU - 17The big question is.... if AFA can beat them this year, then why did tu have such a hard time with them. :rolleyes:

Choctaw
9/14/2007, 05:53 AM
then why did tu have such a hard time with them.

Overrated perhaps?Hook 'em

Man, ya gotta love those zoomies!!

RacerX
9/14/2007, 06:41 AM
air force - disciplined

soonerloyal
9/14/2007, 06:58 AM
I'm rooting for Air Force to get creamed by Navy.

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2007, 07:05 AM
The horns are saying Air Force is better than Miami now. :rolleyes:

stoopified
9/14/2007, 07:20 AM
Makes that UT win look just a teensy, weensy bit weak.

tulsaoilerfan
9/14/2007, 07:26 AM
That's what they get for playing a Thursday night game after a tough road game at Texas on Saturday; $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2007, 07:29 AM
Oooo. So close!

heh

MiccoMacey
9/14/2007, 07:30 AM
Their defense looked pretty solid against Texas. Not just in execution, but the way they hit people.

I suspect that it was more a product of what Tulsaoilerfan said. Too short of a turnaround for a team that just played their season-make-or-break game.

fossil
9/14/2007, 07:40 AM
I was just over on the hornfans board and almost died laughing. There are so many whornfans rationalizing how TCU would beat Miami, there their win over TCU is greater than the Sooners win over Miami.

Honestly, those folks are getting that thousand yard stare and are really fearful that the Sooners just may be as good as lots of folks are saying they are. Frankly, they are scared to death they're gonna lose the RRS this year, so the rationalization and excuse making will go on until the smoke clears on 6 October. Dang, this is fun!

Widescreen
9/14/2007, 08:16 AM
The big question is.... if AFA can beat them this year, then why did tu have such a hard time with them. :rolleyes:
It's perfectly logical.

Texas is the best team in the country. Closely followed by AFA and TCU. We just didn't realize how awesomely awesome AFA was until last night.

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2007, 08:56 AM
It's perfectly logical.

Texas is the best team in the country. Closely followed by AFA and TCU. We just didn't realize how awesomely awesome AFA was until last night.

3-way tie for #1 :D

Position Limit
9/14/2007, 09:54 AM
i have never know a more clueless fanbase than the book'em horns. i dont know if it's denial, ignorance or something in the water down there, but they are clueless for sure. year in and year out. me thinks they are in for a very long season this year. on and off the field. it would not suprise me at all to see them lose this weekend to o'leary and the boys.

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2007, 09:58 AM
I'm so tired of the "It's hard to get your team up for a game after a big game"

What.Ever. It's a game. You need to win as many as possible to win your conference and go to a big bowl game.

So you lost to #6 Texas. Big deal. You were up 10-0, only because of their mistakes, and your offense couldn't move the ball against a retirement home team.

Short turn around, maybe. But it's not like they got blown out from being tired. Air force played on a short week.

This loss came down to coaching and execution.

1st and 10 from the AF 21, with 0:54 left and 2 timeouts, and you throw for the end zone. Real smart. Just run it, or pass for a few more yards, and attempt a game winning field goal.

And if TCU makes their 22 yarder in OT, we go to 2nd OT.

Vic n Tulsa
9/14/2007, 10:17 AM
:mack: BUT, BUT, BUT... THEY'RE BETTER THAN MIAMI!!!!!111!1

The same TCU froggies that BEAT the mighty sooner in Norman:D :D :D :D

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2007, 10:22 AM

Yeah, cause they're still fielding the same team from 2005. :rolleyes:

Oh and that 2005 team went 11-1, which is now impossible for this years team.

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2007, 10:27 AM
i have never know a more clueless fanbase than the book'em horns. i dont know if it's denial, ignorance or something in the water down there, but they are clueless for sure. year in and year out. me thinks they are in for a very long season this year. on and off the field. it would not suprise me at all to see them lose this weekend to o'leary and the boys.

Actually... any knowledgeable Texas football fan is and has been very open about his view on OU. The big question mark for OU was at quarterback. The offensive line was looked upon as strong, very good wide receivers and a stable of very good running backs. On defense, the secondary is stout and although there were holes to fill from seniors leaving on the front seven, the recruiting classes Stoops has brought if have been very good and the talent was obviously there. DE looked to be a question mark as well.

After two games, Bradford has far surpassed anyone's expectations.

As for being clueless year in and year out.. would that include being clueless about the national championship year?

As for not being surprised if UCF upsets Texas, you must not know college football too well. Whereas, it is the opening game in UCF's new stadium, they do not have the overall talent or depth Texas has, in their slim win against NCState, they had what.. 2 first downs in the second half?.. their best running back is dinged up and they have little depth on the offensive line. Most respected college football analysts have stated that in the event UCF does win, it would be looked upon as a huge upset.

Perhaps your diploma from "I Hate Texas" University got in the way of your thinking logically. :rolleyes:

Widescreen
9/14/2007, 10:35 AM
3-way tie for #1 :D
Boy is that going to be a problem for the BCS. I can already hear the controversy with TCU claiming that they should be playing in Nawlins too. :P

ClintonSooner
9/14/2007, 10:37 AM
Actually... any knowledgeable Texas football fan is and has been very open about his view on OU. The big question mark for OU was at quarterback. The offensive line was looked upon as strong, very good wide receivers and a stable of very good running backs. On defense, the secondary is stout and although there were holes to fill from seniors leaving on the front seven, the recruiting classes Stoops has brought if have been very good and the talent was obviously there. DE looked to be a question mark as well.

After two games, Bradford has far surpassed anyone's expectations.

As for being clueless year in and year out.. would that include being clueless about the national championship year?

As for not being surprised if UCF upsets Texas, you must not know college football too well. Whereas, it is the opening game in UCF's new stadium, they do not have the overall talent or depth Texas has, in their slim win against NCState, they had what.. 2 first downs in the second half?.. their best running back is dinged up and they have little depth on the offensive line. Most respected college football analysts have stated that in the event UCF does win, it would be looked upon as a huge upset.

Perhaps your diploma from "I Hate Texas" University got in the way of your thinking logically. :rolleyes:

*smack* shuddup...:D

Widescreen
9/14/2007, 10:40 AM
Oh, by the way. TCU is the best 2-loss team (after 3 games) in the history of college football. Pass it on.

kevpks
9/14/2007, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
"...Perhaps your diploma from "I Hate Texas" University got in the way of your thinking logically." :rolleyes:

Yes, hating Texas is our only reason for being. It is all we care about. We are jealous of their one conference title per decade, and one national title per average civil service career. I wish we could be that dominant. :rolleyes:

OUmillenium
9/14/2007, 10:44 AM
gotta go check out the message board on austin360.com

see ya later

will report on horn meltdowns if they are really, really funny instead of just really funny

Position Limit
9/14/2007, 11:00 AM

texas has had some of the best talent in the big12 since mack was hired. he has 1 conference title in the worse year of the big12 top to bottom. what's your point? texas has looked like ****e going back to the end of last season. you don't think upsets happen every weekend in college football? there are plenty of juniors and seniors on the ucf squad to pull an upset. not to mention o'leary is a pretty decent coach. i'm assuming it's the same o'leary that coached georgia tech a few years ago before the notre dame scandal. downplaying their victory over ncst is no different than downplaying the tcu loss last night. reference my above post about horn fans in denial/ignorant. par for the course.

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2007, 11:21 AM
texas has had some of the best talent in the big12 since mack was hired.

The only recruiting classes that have been better for the most part have been Stoops.

he has 1 conference title in the worse year of the big12 top to bottom. what's your point?

And in doing such, we beat the team that the year before, humiliated you.

texas has looked like ****e going back to the end of last season.

We have been incredibly inconsistent and have not played up to our capabilities. That is true.

you don't think upsets happen every weekend in college football?

That is very evident from the first two weeks of the season.

there are plenty of juniors and seniors on the ucf squad to pull an upset.

Those juniors and senior last year lost to Tulane and Rice and both Houston and Pitt hung over 50 on them on their way to a 4 - 7 record. You can have all the juniors and seniors you want but if they succ... they succ.

not to mention o'leary is a pretty decent coach. i'm assuming it's the same o'leary that coached georgia tech a few years ago before the notre dame scandal.

Do your homework. Yes it is the same coach... he led Georgia Tech to 5 straight bowl games.. he is a good coach.

downplaying their victory over ncst is no different than downplaying the tcu loss last night.

Not downplaying their victory over NCState at all... Was pointing out facts.. nor was I downplaying the TCU loss at all and in fact, have not mentioned TCU.

reference my above post about horn fans in denial/ignorant. par for the course.

Like every fan base, there are delusional fans, or fans who don't know football worth a lick. On one end of the scale you have texags followed closely by orangepower...

You can generalize all you want if simply throwing smack is the underlying purpose. Or. you can talk intelligently about college football.

Position Limit
9/14/2007, 11:41 AM
dude,
you just agreed with me on 6 out of 7 points i stated. i guess you smell an upset too. also, how did ark state fare last year? i'm not saying mack brown is going to get tea bagged this saturday. he'll have to wait until the RRS for that. i'm also not betting the house on ucf this weekend. just sayin texas looks like horse**** right now and an upset would not suprise me. dont be such a drama queen.

douxpaysan
9/14/2007, 11:42 AM
Like every fan base, there are delusional fans, or fans who don't know football worth a lick. On one end of the scale you have texags followed closely by orangepower...

You can generalize all you want if simply throwing smack is the underlying purpose. Or. you can talk intelligently about college football.
That must include you because orangepower is followed by texags. Now let's get intelligent greenwhorn.

Choctaw
9/14/2007, 12:17 PM

I was forced to be at that game. Man it was great! Except for the part of SMU beating a team that had just beat us. :eek:

jdsooner
9/14/2007, 12:31 PM
Here is a positive spin from hornfans:

Why TCU lost to Air Force:

1. UT pounded them physically
2. UT broke their spirit
3. UT broke their hearts
4. UT exposed them as not being BCS worthy
5. Like gecko said, only 4 days rest

Ash
9/14/2007, 12:39 PM
Most respected college football analysts have stated that in the event UCF does win, it would be looked upon as a huge upset.

Please Lid, you can't simply parrot what you read in the paper and the message boards and pass it off as coming from a credible source.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :pop: :twinkies: :eek: :texan: ;) :) :hot: :meat: :chicken: supa :oink: :bsmf: :dolemite:

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2007, 01:02 PM
That must include you because orangepower is followed by texags. Now let's get intelligent greenwhorn.

Greenwhorn? Yes Mr. 488 Posts.. :rolleyes:

Zing
9/14/2007, 02:13 PM
Mack comes out today. Buh bye. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. No big deal. Moving on.

Fixed - and we're all proud of you for taking this in stride.

devOUt
9/14/2007, 02:27 PM

texas fans are like broken clocks but instead of being correct every 12 hours, texas fans are correct every 35 years.

picasso
9/14/2007, 02:35 PM
that was in '05 wanker. yes, it was sad but this is 2007.

BigHouseDon
9/14/2007, 03:13 PM
It's perfectly logical.

AAAHHHH. That explains everything. UT, AFA, and TCU are of course closely followed by Appalacion State and Oregon.....Now I understand. Thanks for explaining it so clearly.:D

BHD

KC//CRIMSON
9/14/2007, 03:27 PM

Stoop Dawg
9/14/2007, 04:15 PM
Or. you can talk intelligently about college football.

Hmmm, speak intelligently about college football. Lemme try.

I didn't see either of you mention the weather forecast. Is there any chance that the wind will be "tricky" that day? As we all know, "tricky wind" can seriously impact any college football game.

:D

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2007, 04:26 PM
Hmmm, speak intelligently about college football. Lemme try.

I didn't see either of you mention the weather forecast. Is there any chance that the wind will be "tricky" that day? As we all know, "tricky wind" can seriously impact any college football game.

:D

Depends on if you plan to take a knee or not.

douxpaysan
9/14/2007, 11:42 PM
Greenwhorn? Yes Mr. 488 Posts.. :rolleyes:
Typical whorn...judgemental on post count, unconcerned on content....that is green brother....austin green. BTW our aggies still suc far worse than your aggies...greenwhorn.

OUstud
9/15/2007, 12:02 AM
I remember when Larry "World's Greatest Offense" Fedora was mentioned for the AFA job...then later when experts said a service academy couldn't win unless they ran the option...