PDA

View Full Version : North Side Sooners

Miko
9/13/2007, 08:58 PM
h-town Sooners? What's the plan?

I know that the ouclubofhouston is hosting a watch-party near the Galeria.

ANyting further north? I live near the Woodlands and am close enough to football mecca that houstonians call us Yankees.

Mrs. Miko and I are debating SRO (Champions) Division 1 (Gunspoint...errr near greenspoint, west of 45) or close to home- The Stadium on 2920 & 45. All promise to have the game.

Where will see Crimson, not maroon???

BornandBred
9/13/2007, 09:40 PM
I called Comcast to see if they would have the game on PPV, and they said the didn't know(WTF???). Told me to call back on Friday to find out. Have you heard anything?

Miko
9/13/2007, 10:44 PM
Dunno bout that. I have Dish net.

I talked real fast using terms like cpm, gdp, micro vs. macro economics, cost of beer, diminishing returns, ammount of Crimson per capita and either confused my wife enough to go out on Sat, or more likely, bored her until she agreed.

trpltongue
9/14/2007, 10:03 AM
I saw the game listed on my Comcast digital guide in the PPV area, channel 595 or something like that. I would assume that the Comcast employee you spoke with was the typical retarded dumba$$ that they have working the phones and therefore knew nothing of what they are actually offering.

Just do a quick search through the guide on Saturday at 2:30 up in the PPV area and you'll see it listed.

oupride
9/14/2007, 12:35 PM
Wanted to let you know there WILL BE a watch party Saturday. FOX Sports Grill was able to talk Direct TV into providing the game. FOX Sports Grill will be picking up the cost.

Get there early to get a good seat (at least 1 hr before the game).

Also, you can listen to the pregame on KCOH-AM 1430 starting at 1:00 p.m.

Sooner Magic is alive and well in H town! BOOMER SOONER!!!

Miko
9/14/2007, 12:38 PM
Where is the FOX Sports Grill?

BoomerJack
9/14/2007, 01:18 PM
Where is the FOX Sports Grill?

Inside the Galleria Mall at West Loop 610 @ Westheimer, Houston.

Miko
9/14/2007, 01:30 PM
I was afraid you would say that. That's a bit further south than I was wanting to take my schooner.

TexasSooner01
9/14/2007, 02:11 PM
Sweet!!! Now to find a baby sitter!!! I hope to be there!!!

sooner518
9/14/2007, 02:48 PM
I called Comcast to see if they would have the game on PPV, and they said the didn't know(WTF???). Told me to call back on Friday to find out. Have you heard anything?
DirecTV told my friend the same thing. That they wouldn't know until 6 PM ET tonight. wtf?! thats like 19 hours before the starts. how can they not know that????

trpltongue
9/14/2007, 04:52 PM
A quick correction to my earlier post, I said 12:30, I meant 2:30

BornandBred
9/14/2007, 09:18 PM
I saw the game listed on my Comcast digital guide in the PPV area, channel 595 or something like that. I would assume that the Comcast employee you spoke with was the typical retarded dumba$$ that they have working the phones and therefore knew nothing of what they are actually offering.

Just do a quick search through the guide on Saturday at 2:30 up in the PPV area and you'll see it listed.

I did that Monday, and got no results. Actually, I did a search for Football and didn't come up with anything. Long story short, I got the game ordered despite the ITards on the phone.