PDA

View Full Version : Great News, Phoenix Sooners!!!

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 05:50 PM
I just got off the phone with John, a manager at the Tilted Kilt in Tempe, and he said he is forking over the $500 to get the PPV of the OU-Utah State game!!!! He said the Direct TV people told them quite a few fans had called and, as he called it, they said they had never had a reaction to a PPV game like this before!

So, John has set up 20 tables to be reserved for us, we get the big screen on the wall and the audio of the game...I told him I will make sure that we pack the place out and bring friends as well to spend money. **NOTICE** The Tilted Kilt in Scottsdale will NOT be showing the game, so everyone get down to Tempe and let's all have a good time watching OU crush the Mormon Aggies! Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. and let's pack the place out so when OU games are not shown locally we will get prime T.V. coverage and locations in the conference season.

Special thanks to soonersam who even called the OU athletic department trying to find numbers for the channel until they posted it on their website...can't wait to see everyone out this Saturday for some OU football!

OKC-SLC
9/13/2007, 06:53 PM
good jorb, maestro and other AZ peeps.

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2007, 07:13 PM
What time are you planning on getting there?

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 08:10 PM
What time are you planning on getting there?

I don't know...maybe 11:30...I need to have premier seating...that's how I roll and all!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2007, 08:15 PM
I just talked to David, a mgr. at the Tilted Kilt in Scottsdale, and he said the owner of the TK told him they will be having the OU-USU game in Scottsdale, as well. So, looks like they will have gamewatch in both locations.

Miko
9/13/2007, 08:24 PM
WTG, almost makes me wish I was in AZ. But I still wish I was in Norman.

Miko
9/13/2007, 08:25 PM
I just talked to David, a mgr. at the Tilted Kilt in Scottsdale, and he said the owner of the TK told him they will be having the OU-USU game in Scottsdale, as well. So, looks like they will have gamewatch in both locations.

And here I was all set to boycott the Scottsdale location and stay on the north side on h-town.:pop:

9/13/2007, 08:49 PM
And here I was all set to boycott the Scottsdale location and stay on the north side on h-town.:pop:He*l, you're close enough to drive to the game itself!

Miko
9/13/2007, 09:02 PM
Six hours in the car with a pregnant wife and no loaded gun, cyanide capsules or tickets???? I understand taking one for the team, but c'mon!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BTW, his name will be Quentin. And we just stocked up on baby clothes with the #22 on them. Even little, itty bitty socks.:D

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 09:24 PM
WTG, almost makes me wish I was in AZ. But I still wish I was in Norman.

Trust me, if I lived in Houston, I would agree...

***This message for BoonesFarmSooner, proud Houstonian!

Miko
9/13/2007, 10:49 PM
When I lived in Norman (or OKC or Chickasaw especially) I couldn't wait to get out of Oklahoma. I have cherished every trip home ever since!!!!!

9/14/2007, 12:41 AM
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY OU CLUB OF AZ:

Saturday's watch party‏
Sent: Thu 9/13/07 7:34 PM
To: OU Club of AZ
Sooners,

It's been a little bit of hurdle for us to get the game on Saturday ... seems it is only available on Pay per View this weekend. Both Tilted Kilt locations have put out some serious cash so that we can all watch our Sooners on Saturday. Kick off is at 12:30. We are playing Utah State.

So bring your family and lots of friends to make it worth the money the Tilted Kilt's has offered to spend for our club.

also .... remember to take good care of the waitresses!

Please RSVP how many will come and what location you will be attending.

Lindee L. Long
President
Alumni and Friends of the University of Oklahoma

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2007, 12:51 AM
Er, anyone wanting to watch in Anchorage, head over to the Peanut Farm. We've got the usual 1/2 and 1/2 deal with them. The Club will cover the gate and we are asking for donations to defray the cost. Anything collected above the gate will go to the scholarship fund.

snp
9/14/2007, 12:54 AM
I don't know...maybe 11:30...I need to have premier seating...that's how I roll and all!

Maybe you can use that $15 to buy a round for the fellas ;)

Speaking of which, did you get the money yet?

9/14/2007, 12:59 AM
Hey Mike Rich! How many people do you guys in Anchorage have show up at yourSooners gamewatch, usually? Just curious.

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2007, 01:30 AM
Depends on the game and whether it's available on local cable or not.

For example, the Miami game kicked off at 8am. We had about 15 people. Available on free TV.

Last year's MTSU game drew about 50. Only available on PPV.

Texas we generally get 30+. We got about the same for the Big 12 title game, maybe more. They actually sat us and the Nebraska fans across the bar from each other.

Seamus
9/14/2007, 02:32 AM
good jorb

Pure SoonerFans.com GOLD.

soonersam
9/14/2007, 09:46 AM
Count me in for the Tempe party. I watched a game with the AZclub when it was at 4peaks..... Dont get me wrong, I love old people, but not during OU games!!!! Ended up driving some drunk 50 something guy to N Phx because his car wouldnt start. Needless to say I requested to be taken off that email list.

P.S Drunk guy: if your on soonerfans, no offense!! It was my fault for choosing the seat next to ya.

9/14/2007, 10:16 AM
We got about the same for the Big 12 title game, maybe more. They actually sat us and the Nebraska fans across the bar from each other.Ugh, how tacky. Is that the only sports bar available?

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 10:54 AM
Maybe you can use that $15 to buy a round for the fellas ;)

Speaking of which, did you get the money yet?

Yes, I did, thank you...and screw the fellas! That's MY beer money!

Wanna go double or nothing OU -15 this week? :D

Oh, and "...SOONER!"

9/14/2007, 11:01 AM
Count me in for the Tempe party. I watched a game with the AZclub when it was at 4peaks..... Dont get me wrong, I love old people, but not during OU games!!!! Ended up driving some drunk 50 something guy to N Phx because his car wouldnt start. Needless to say I requested to be taken off that email list.

P.S Drunk guy: if your on soonerfans, no offense!! It was my fault for choosing the seat next to ya.Yeah, you would be better off at the Tempe location. Rumor is at the Scottsdale location if you're under 45 they won't let you in, Sooner fan or not.

NS5
9/14/2007, 11:39 AM
TEMPE RULES ! The waitresses are 9+, The crowd for the last two games has been about 30-35 people and not rowdy. We usually get the big screen right in the middle. Ron & Debbie, owners have been there the last two games. Lindee
drops by also. See ya there ! NS5 a/k/a OURuss

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 12:11 PM
I wonder if Maren is still a bartender there? Good Lordy Bagordy! 5'11, dark hair and ALL that...

Not bad food, either, for a place that has eye candy walking around...

Is it gametime yet?

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 12:16 PM
Check this out...their website even has a deal about OU football watch parties...nice going, ASU! OU fans taking over your local sports bars!

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/tempe/tempe_events.html

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2007, 12:46 PM
Ugh, how tacky. Is that the only sports bar available?

Tacky? Why? They did it to keep it from getting ugly. There were about 100 total fans running around the bar and drinking.

Not the only sports bar in town, but certainly the best. You'd have to see it to believe it, but just about every visitor is amazed at what a great sports bar it is.

soonersam
9/14/2007, 01:21 PM
Check this out...their website even has a deal about OU football watch parties...nice going, ASU! OU fans taking over your local sports bars!

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/tempe/tempe_events.html
Wow!!! Thats new!!

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2007, 05:04 PM
I wonder if Maren is still a bartender there? Good Lordy Bagordy! 5'11, dark hair and ALL that...

Not bad food, either, for a place that has eye candy walking around...

Is it gametime yet?

I went there with Howzit a couple months ago, all the chicks were hot, had tramp stamps. and bent over a lot. Very nice. :)

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/tempe/tempe_images/oufootball.png (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html)

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 05:13 PM
I went there with Howzit a couple months ago, all the chicks were hot, had tramp stamps. and bent over a lot. Very nice. :)

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/tempe/tempe_images/oufootball.png (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html)

Yo, Harry...I will give you a call tonight...if you want to ride with me I plan on leaving around 11 a.m....I want a great seat. And my friend D-Mack is very intrigued about meeting a guy named Harry Beanbag. :D

PLaw
9/14/2007, 05:41 PM
maestro - I travel to PHX every week on business and stay in the Tempe area. I will make it a point to visit the Tilted Kilt!

BOOMER
PLaw

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2007, 06:12 PM
Yo, Harry...I will give you a call tonight...if you want to ride with me I plan on leaving around 11 a.m....I want a great seat. And my friend D-Mack is very intrigued about meeting a guy named Harry Beanbag. :D

11 is fine. I haven't met him yet? I'm sure he won't be disappointed. :texan:

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 06:15 PM
11 is fine. I haven't met him yet? I'm sure he won't be disappointed. :texan:

You probably met him at the bash before the Fiesta Bowl last year, but he is on a strict Willie Nelson diet and forgets things...

Talk to you later!

The Maestro
9/14/2007, 06:16 PM
maestro - I travel to PHX every week on business and stay in the Tempe area. I will make it a point to visit the Tilted Kilt!

BOOMER
PLaw

You WILL NOT be disappointed. Imagine Hooters, but classier, drink specials all the time, and really good food. That's the Tilted Kilt.

soonersam
9/15/2007, 10:01 AM
I recommend keeping the gun loaded along with sweat pants!!!