PDA

View Full Version : Apparently BIG MOE has Bombed at Illinois

stoopified
9/13/2007, 04:07 PM
I was on SI.com looking around checking on OU transfers(Millington,Choice,Tennial,Dampeier)and lo and behold,there is NO MOE on the Illini roster.Millington IS listed and has been a stud o-lineman for UI but no Moe.

When he transferred I recall someone saying Moe would go on to be ALL-Big 10.I fail to remember who said that but I do recall saying that with his work ethic or actually lack of work ethic he would NEVER start at UI.It is a shame that such a talented player was too lazy to realize his potential.

Anyone want to confess to being the pro-Moe guy?

IronSooner
9/13/2007, 04:12 PM
He cut a mean rug

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2007, 04:17 PM
He cut a mean rug on the sidelines at the tigerbaits bowl in '03amplified.

freshchris05
9/13/2007, 04:18 PM
heh... moe...

badger
9/13/2007, 04:23 PM
lest we forget (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fQZ-Cx92s)
He was a FIVE STAR recruit, rated #2 at his position in the country at the time. How many Sooner fans would kill to have the chance to play at OU, and he just danced his career away by being lazy...

(Well, I guess you could just walk-on as a running back now and get to play in the fourth quarter against Utah State when the score is unquestionably high to the point that Joe C. assigns some student assistant to hold a "1" in front of the "19")

yermom
9/13/2007, 04:28 PM
wait, huh?

yeah, it's sad he didn't pan out. he looked good when he made it on the field

freshchris05
9/13/2007, 04:29 PM
i wonder if moe has a myspace?

yermom
9/13/2007, 04:32 PM
he appears to be on facebook...

stoopified
9/13/2007, 04:35 PM
The sad thing is that even overweight and out of shape he was a FORCE on the D-line.It makes me sad to think how good Moe COULD HAVE BEEN with just a little work.

He is a prime example though of OU being bigger than any one player.He left and OU went on without him.Good players(Coleman,Pendleton,etc.)with good work ethic will win more games than a lazy superstar.

CatfishSooner
9/13/2007, 04:36 PM
I Liked Moe

Scott D
9/13/2007, 04:36 PM
last I knew, he wasn't at Illinois, but was going to Juco in Illinois.

yermom
9/13/2007, 04:41 PM
Joliet

looks like he does have a myspace... www.myspace.com/moedampeer

Scott D
9/13/2007, 04:45 PM
heh he's no longer on the Joliet roster either

OU812
9/13/2007, 04:50 PM
and on his myspace he has his INT against KU

IronSooner
9/13/2007, 04:56 PM
and on his myspace he has his INT against KU

I would too. Anytime a fat kid gets to touch the ball it's a big deal. Let alone score.

Scott D
9/13/2007, 04:57 PM
hmm I found an article from Jan of 06 that said this.

Speaking of football, I’ve been told that Moe Dampeer — the defensive lineman who prepped at Decatur MacArthur, then went to Oklahoma and is now at Joliet Junior College — is very much on Zook’s radar. He will not, however, be on Zook’s list come the Feb. 1 signing day. I believe they will need to see how Big Moe does academically at Joliet through the next semester, then evaluate whether or not he has a role with the Illini. I believe Zook would love to accept Moe and rekindle his career, but Moe has to take care of business first.

I'd wager that he never academically qualified for Illinois.

OU812
9/13/2007, 04:58 PM
he looks like he now weighs 500 lbs

r5TPsooner
9/13/2007, 05:00 PM
Is that the same guy that was dancing on the sidelines during the Sugar Bowl against LSU?

If so, he moved quite well for a lard azz.

stoopified
9/13/2007, 05:08 PM
Former OU o-lineman Brandon Keith apparently washed up,I mean has showed up at University of Northern Iowa.Funny thing is they don't mention that he QUIT OU the week before the season opener.The official line is that Keith transferred after a dissapointing '05 campaign.Keith and Damper in particular are perfect examples of OU being bigger than any one player.They left because they couldn't hack it at OU.I have no resppect for them.They left and OU went on witout them.That is why I don't get excited about recruiting LOSSES or transfers because OU will go on with or without them.

.Guys like Choice,Tennial,Grady made decisions to transfer so they could get on the field and I can respect that.These guys did show up for practice and did what they were told,they were team players.Sometimes those decisons work out,sometimes they don't.

As I was about to end ,I was reminded of another big,stud d-lineman that left OU and vanished into oblivion.Anyone recall Dusty Loveless?Big stud out of Norman,came in at the same time as Martin Chase.Chase goes on to be a solid player at OU and Loveless gets booted for not showing up to meetings and for conditioning.Sound familiar?I wonder what ever happened to him?He claimed he was going to transfer to NEBRASKA,but to my knowledge never made it.

Doged
9/13/2007, 05:40 PM
Where's Dusty? (http://www.oksportstraining.com/about_Dustin.html)

Dustin, better known as Dusty from the days he played Norman High football, has wanted to
train athletes since he hung up his own football cleats in 2001 after a short stint with the SF
49ers ended. Even before that, however, he won many awards at Northwestern Oklahoma State
University where he played defensive lineman after he left the University of Oklahoma following
a coaching change.

illinisooner
9/13/2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think Mo ever transferred to Illinois, he was at Harper JC last I heard...no idea where he's at now. Funny as it may seem, I actually played hockey against him back in the day...he was a monster on skates at age 10, he had to be over 6 feet and 200 pounds at age 11. Speaking of hockey, I heard that there was an "incident" with him that ended up with him being banned from playing for a while. At graduation, he didn't go up to receive his diploma with the rest of the "D's", he went up with his entourage after everyone else had been called up. Can't say I'm shocked that he ended up being a bust.

stoopified
9/13/2007, 06:07 PM
Where's Dusty? (http://www.oksportstraining.com/about_Dustin.html)
NWOSU,yeah,like I said oblivion,at least compared to OU.

Rhino
9/13/2007, 07:24 PM
Moe went to Joliet and fell off the football map afterwards. He never committed to or attended Illinois.

IIRC, Brandon Keith left the team and OU because of a girlfriend.

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2007, 07:31 PM
Moe went to Joliet and fell off the football map afterwards. He never committed to or attended Illinois.

IIRC, Brandon Keith left the team and OU because of a girlfriend.
Women;can't live with em, can't live without em. :D

stoopified
9/14/2007, 08:24 AM
Women;can't live with em, can't live without em. :D
Don't you mean: women,can't live with them,can't cook 'em and eat 'em. :D
The following is a disclaimer ddressed to my loving wife snd mother of my two beautiful young sons(who at 3 1/2 years and 5 months old still need their Daddy,ALIVE).
I LOVE YOU HONEY

Landthief 1972
9/14/2007, 09:08 AM
Moe was a huge disappointment, but man, I still enjoy watching his interception vs. KU.

NS5
9/14/2007, 11:59 AM
We don't need you! Big and out of shape is a straight road to getting hurt. Why
sit on our bench, when monitored fitness is available. Not one NFL/AFL team would consider you. Don't waste our time & tears.

Seamus
9/14/2007, 01:30 PM
Heh, Dustin liked OU enough to get a tatt:

http://www.oksportstraining.com/sitebuilder/images/dustin_1998ish_armpic-228x236.jpg

OklahomaTuba
9/14/2007, 01:36 PM
I bet his Northwestern Oklahoma State University tatt is bigger though.

Paperclip
9/14/2007, 01:37 PM
Heh, Dustin liked OU enough to get a tatt:

http://www.oksportstraining.com/sitebuilder/images/dustin_1998ish_armpic-228x236.jpg

He had that before he ever came to OU. I remember seeing the picture in SI or something.

sooner518
9/14/2007, 02:54 PM
http://a780.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_32273790395ef590d7ef8fa8fb5e7543.jpg

RedstickSooner
9/15/2007, 02:19 AM
I was one of Moe's fans. Never said anything about what he'd do in the Large 11.5, or however many teams vaguely claim allegiance to that schizoid conference, but I always wished that the coaches would just let him on the field some, even if he had no work ethic.

Whenver he was out there, he was disruptive. Even if he was a totally out of shape fat dude. Why not, say, pull his scholly, and let him stay on as a walk-on if he wanted? Then, he could suit up and play, and we could just use him for the, say, 6 or 7 downs per game which he'd be capable of playing?

Seemed like a great guy, personality wise. Everyone dug him on the team, supposedly, even though he had that horrible work ethic. Even Stoops claimed to like him. So it was a stone cold drag he didn't work out, and I even feel bad that transferring didn't give him a kick in the pants / clean slate / whatever he needed to get back on track.

SoonerAtKU
9/15/2007, 07:32 AM
No coach is ever going to overtly pull a scholarship on a player for that kind of reason. I can't imagine anything being easier pickings for a negative recruitment from another school.

"Sure, Bobby loves you now, but if you pack on 15 extra pounds, you're on the street, just like Moe Dampeer."

Now, this isn't to say that coaches don't "encourage" players to transfer or quit, but it has to be the player's choice, ultimately.

OKMAGIC
9/15/2007, 08:26 AM
No Mo Moe

I had to say that.