PDA

View Full Version : What juniors are gone?

Collier11
9/13/2007, 03:59 PM
Kelly- Barring injury he is top 10 easily

Duke- He gets alot of hype and it would be hard to turn down 1st rd money, I say he is gone but it isnt a certainty

Reggie- No, he is really good but needs two solid years at corner IMO to be a 1st rd lock, although scouts love his versatility

Lendy, Lofton, Cooper NO

Nic Harris possibly, he doesnt have a set position in the NFL but the guy is a stud...I say NO

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2007, 04:05 PM
I think Kelly is the only one...

sooneron
9/13/2007, 04:05 PM
Kelly- Barring injury he is top 10 easily
Prolly gone next year, unless he wants some hardware

Duke- He gets alot of hype and it would be hard to turn down 1st rd money, I say he is gone but it isnt a certainty

Not sure about him. I think he stays for a team that will will be sick(er)

Reggie- No, he is really good but needs two solid years at corner IMO to be a 1st rd lock, although scouts love his versatility
I could see him leaving and being a late first rounder, but the guy is smart and I think he wants to graduate and leave an early first rounder

Lendy, Lofton, Cooper NO

Not unless they really NEED the cash- see DeMond P or Wilkerson

[QUOTE]Nic Harris possibly, he doesnt have a set position in the NFL but the guy is a stud...I say NO
See above. However, you never know whom is whispering in the ears of these guys - family, "friends", girls, etc...

SCOUT
9/13/2007, 04:07 PM
I think there is a chance Loadholt could make the jump.

sooneron
9/13/2007, 04:09 PM
Hmmmm

soonervegas
9/13/2007, 04:12 PM
If we get to NOLA.....

Kelly
Loadholt
Duke

all gone.

Smith...maybe.

soonerloyal
9/13/2007, 05:05 PM
Listen to an Elder, Grasshopper - enjoy the moment/season.

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2007, 05:15 PM
Guards don't typically get drafted high enough to go early do they?

Collier11
9/13/2007, 05:23 PM
wasnt Davin a first round Gaurd???

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2007, 05:29 PM
Yes, late 1st, 23rd

stoopified
9/13/2007, 05:29 PM
Kelly says those who say he is GONE are wrong because he has not thought that far ahead.I would say though that should he decide to leave you can't blame him.IMHO he is the only one likely to go early.One thing that could bring everyone back would be a chance at repeat title shot should we pull it off this year.In fact that could lso factor in IF we don't make it this year.Kelly and the rest might want to come back to finish what they started.Either way I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2007, 05:43 PM
wasnt Davin a first round Gaurd???

Well, he did play tackle his senior year.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2007, 05:51 PM
I don't think nickel and dime backs or back up corners come out early for the NFL.

jccouger
9/13/2007, 05:55 PM
Wasn't Brodney Pool a nickle back?

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2007, 05:57 PM

No, but Bruce was.

silverwheels
9/13/2007, 06:00 PM
OL do not leave early. Right now, it's hard to say, since there's still at least 10 games left to be played. We all love Reggie and are biased towards him, but I don't see him being a first rounder if he came out after this season. Kelly is the only junior that would be a high pick if he left early, and he might not even leave.

Paperclip
9/13/2007, 08:19 PM

Tried the broad jump. Killed her.

Rhino
9/13/2007, 08:28 PM
We've only played two games, right? I didn't miss five or six games, did I?

Be patient. Enjoy the season.

Kelly is the only one with a real shot unless someone wants to be a fifth or sixth rounder.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2007, 08:32 PM

I'm going to have to with a no

Ash
9/13/2007, 08:33 PM
We've only played two games, right? I didn't miss five or six games, did I?

Be patient. Enjoy the season.

Kelly is the only one with a real shot unless someone wants to be a fifth or sixth rounder.

No ****! Did I sleep through the rest of the season? We're already comparing this team to other teams in the past and projecting draft picks?

Will
9/13/2007, 08:45 PM
If the players leave they leave... we will have more than enough talent to fill spots that need to be filled! Just hoping for a great rest of the season with the team we have now!

CatfishSooner
9/13/2007, 08:46 PM
If the players leave they leave... we will have more than enough talent to fill spots that need to be filled! Just hoping for a great rest of the season with the team we have now!

Amen...even if they DO leave we still have 'em for another 12 games!!!!!:D

Soonermagik
9/13/2007, 09:05 PM
I personally asked Nic Harris and he said he is going to wait until the end of the season to make his decision. However, I have the feeling he is going to stay unless he has a monster season.

Collier11
9/13/2007, 11:03 PM
just something to talk about fellas, calm down! Trust me, im enjoying every second of this season thus far

snp
9/13/2007, 11:13 PM
Kelly is the only one going. And I know for a fact he's already planning on it.

Will
9/13/2007, 11:48 PM
100%...

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 11:52 PM
I don't understand why sports fans never grasp the situation. You're 21 years young, you're a super star. You're going to be on TV, adored by thousands and playing at the highest level of the game... oh, did I mention you're going to make more money than you ever dreamt of doing so?

If I could reach into my radio and bitch slap every person who countered the idea of AD going pro early post 2006, I would have.

snp
9/13/2007, 11:59 PM
Greg Oden is the poster child for leaving school early.

SCOUT
9/14/2007, 12:14 AM
I apologize for speculating on a message board. This certainly isn't the place for it ;)

Every year there are a select few that everyone knows should go pro. They are the elite of college football. They are also not guaranteed to be big in the NFL. Several examples are listed above.

There is always another side of the coin though. Jimmy Wilkerson left college early despite the advice of Coach Stoops, scouts, and of course soonerfans.com. He is now in his 5th year in the NFL.

My point is that every kid has their own circumstance and to judge it by your own standards is unfair. Also, no one knows which players will succeed in the NFL. The examples are too numerous to list.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2007, 01:22 AM
I'd like to hope that just this once we keep 'em all.