PDA

View Full Version : Spurrier on Georgia

MextheBulldog
9/13/2007, 01:33 PM
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, downplaying his team's SEC victory at Georgia on Saturday: "It wasn't like they were some big, powerful team. They've actually lost five in a row to Eastern Division opponents. Kentucky and Vandy beat 'em last year."

Turning the screws a bit more on that ostate loss....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2007, 01:47 PM
Spurrier is about competition, in the Jerry Jones mold.

sooner518
9/13/2007, 02:00 PM
well gee, Georgia did dominate the best offense the Big 12 has ever, or will ever know. They seem pretty powerful to me!! :stunned:

OU812
9/13/2007, 02:04 PM
Gonna be funny to watch Troy beat the greatest offense in the world

swardboy
9/13/2007, 02:10 PM
My son used to play for Troy....I think they can do it.

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 02:53 PM
I'd enjoy it if the Pokes lost. Not as much as I'd enjoy yet another blowout win for us Saturday - but I'd enjoy it nonetheless.

schlanker
9/13/2007, 04:02 PM
You guys are crazy with this I want other big XII teams to lose. I dont think there is any better satisfaction then when we beat an undefeated them.

It makes us look really good and the games are a lot more fun. People are louder and drink a lot harder before a game against a good opponent than some 7-4 spare. I want every team we play to be undefeated. There is no better feeling than being the team to ruin someones season.

If you agree i could use some spek.

The schlanker

CatfishSooner
9/13/2007, 04:43 PM
You guys are crazy with this I want other big XII teams to lose. I dont think there is any better satisfaction then when we beat an undefeated them.

It makes us look really good and the games are a lot more fun. People are louder and drink a lot harder before a game against a good opponent than some 7-4 spare. I want every team we play to be undefeated. There is no better feeling than being the team to ruin someones season.

The schlanker

Hey SCHLANKER, why do people "drink a lot harder before a game against a good opponent"????????????/ Doesn't really make sense to me...I've never been like ooo we're playing the #1 team in the country ...I'm gonna get blacked out!!!!!! :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
9/13/2007, 04:49 PM

The schlanker

**** osu.

9/13/2007, 04:50 PM
Schlanker, I agree you could use some speck, but remember we recruit against all the other teams , especially those closest to us. Hence, their loss isn't so bad, especially if their color is orange, and they happen to be aggy.

badger
9/13/2007, 04:53 PM
I'd enjoy it if the Pokes lost. Not as much as I'd enjoy yet another blowout win for us Saturday - but I'd enjoy it nonetheless.
dammit, they need to start winning some, or boone pickens will declare eminent domain on the entire state to get them better! :mad:

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 04:57 PM

The schlanker
I want OSU to go 0-12. Seriously. There aren't any other teams on our schedule (including Texas) that I want to lose every game. I make an exception for the sheepshaggers.

JohnnyMack
9/13/2007, 05:00 PM
I want OSU to go 0-12. Seriously. There aren't any other teams on our schedule (including Texas) that I want to lose every game. I make an exception for the sheepshaggers.

:D :P ;) :) :D :P ;) :) :D :P ;) :) :D :P ;) :)

schlanker
9/13/2007, 05:24 PM
I get the recruiting part. I just think people get more excited when it is a big game. The crowd is much better and the games are much more fun when it is big. Nebraska 2000, Miami this year, every OU/Tx. It gets a little lame and boring when bad teams come to town. That is all I am saying.

Plus i personally think it is great when a team and their fans come to town thinking they can beat us and we beat them down. Not many teams that are 7-4 truly think they have a chance.

No one can argue that it is less fun when a ranked opponent comes to town then when a bad team does.

Maybe I dont understand this OSU stuff because I didnt grow up in Oklahoma and pretty much only spent my college years in the state. I dont know any pokes (and would like to keep it that way) so they dont even come up on my radar.

I just feel like if my friends and I are going to drive and fly into Norman and to away games I would like it to be against good competition.

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 05:42 PM
IMaybe I dont understand this OSU stuff because I didnt grow up in Oklahoma and pretty much only spent my college years in the state. I dont know any pokes (and would like to keep it that way) so they dont even come up on my radar.
This is the only relevant part of your post. For the most part, poke fans are insufferable and annoying. Their favorite team is "whoever those damn cheating gooners are playing". Those of us who grew up with it love watching them fall on their turd faces year after year.

SoonerDood
9/13/2007, 09:40 PM
This conference hates us. Why should we root for anyone else in it?

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2007, 01:12 AM
I don't think recruiting would be hurt all that bad if the only game several of our opponents lost was to us. I actually think it would be a good thing for recruiting since we'd get all the guys who want championships and they'd get all the players whose wildest dream is to be on a team with a mere winning season.

Say we beat Texas 6 years straight and each of those years they finish in the top 5 and never win a championship while we win 3 or more.

We get in a recruiting war for a blue chip player and Texas tells 'em "you are the one who will help us finally beat OU" and then Stoops drops in and says "you can be the next player to help us beat Texas for number 7, win a national championship, and be a first round draft pick".

Which team would you wanna play for?

snp
9/14/2007, 01:44 AM
I don't think recruiting would be hurt all that bad if the only game several of our opponents lost was to us. I actually think it would be a good thing for recruiting since we'd get all the guys who want championships and they'd get all the players whose wildest dream is to be on a team with a mere winning season.

Absolutely not. Depth chart alone is enough for us to scare off recruits. We don't need to worry about a semi-competent team up north mudding things up.

AlbqSooner
9/14/2007, 06:10 AM
We get in a recruiting war for a blue chip player and Texas tells 'em "you are the one who will help us finally beat OU" and then Stoops drops in and says "you can be the next player to help us beat Texas for number 7, win a national championship, and be a first round draft pick".
Switzer told Billy Sims, "If you come to Oklahoma we will compete for a National Championship year in and year out. If you go somewhere else, we will compete for a National Championship year in and year out."

Jacie
9/14/2007, 06:26 AM
Schanker, you must be a young 'un cause you have not internalized the sting of hatred that Sooners get from the cow huggers, everyday, all the time. They hate us. To them we are the reason for everything bad in the world. Therefore, it is easy for a Sooner to take delight in seeing them lose, especially when it is against a team they should have beaten handily. That is OUr reality, learn it, live it.

Smash
9/14/2007, 06:55 AM
The only thing I hate about OSU is that I have to live near and work with their fans.
The football team has never done anything to warrant us hating them any more than a team like Iowa State.
Sure they may beat us every 20 years or so.
They may also get a recruit every now and then that we think we want. (XLK is a good example, even though it turns out he never would have started on one of our teams.)
I don't hate them with the passion that I hate Texas, Notre Dame or USC. They are just to pathetic to hate.

MiccoMacey
9/14/2007, 07:43 AM
I agree.

OSU fans don't bother me. And I've always believed that a strong Big Twelve makes us look better when we beat everybody.

Stitch Face
9/14/2007, 09:34 AM
God created OSU for people who like rooting for the underdog. Their colors are atrocious, their mascot looks like an alcoholic brigand, even their fonts are displeasing to the eye. They have no major accomplishments and perenially talk big then fail. Objectively, there's nothing about the team to like. To do so means you just like supporting the team that any normal person would despise.

9/14/2007, 10:28 AM
I agree.

OSU fans don't bother me. Easy for you to say, BEING AN AGGY FAN!

9/14/2007, 10:30 AM
Schanker, you must be a young 'un cause you have not internalized the sting of hatred that Sooners get from the cow huggers, everyday, all the time. They hate us. To them we are the reason for everything bad in the world. Therefore, it is easy for a Sooner to take delight in seeing them lose, especially when it is against a team they should have beaten handily. That is OUr reality, learn it, live it.Yes, Schlanker, this is the reality.

OUmillenium
9/14/2007, 11:03 AM

The schlanker

That's what BIG 12 championship games and bowls are for. To heck with the rest of our conference teams, especially rivals.

Here's a little more red for ya MR conference love.

douxpaysan
9/14/2007, 11:04 AM
They may also get a recruit every now and then that we think we want. (XLK is a good example, even though it turns out he never would have started on one of our teams.)
I don't hate them with the passion that I hate Texas, Notre Dame or USC. They are just to pathetic to hate.http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h280/outlaw7861/xlk.gif

douxpaysan
9/14/2007, 11:12 AM
I agree.

OSU fans don't bother me. And I've always believed that a strong Big Twelve makes us look better when we beat everybody.
You are just being argumentative and trying to toy with our afflictions.:D

snp
9/14/2007, 12:17 PM
I don't hate them with the passion that I hate Texas, Notre Dame or USC. They are just to pathetic to hate.

Richetti Jones, Ugo Chinasa, Dez Bryant and Perish Cox the past two years. Although the last two Oklahoma backed off due to grade concerns.

I wish we would've lost Broyles to them :(