PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Area Sooners!!!

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 11:48 AM
I just got off the phone with Cox Cable and we went through all the channels on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. Pacific time...the OU game is NOT available through Cox! Therefore, can someone please confirm, with complete certainty, that the Tilted Kilt will be showing the game. Also, will it just be at one or both of the locations?!?!?! I prefer not to have to drive to North Scottsdale if the one in Tempe is showing it...but I want to make sure they both have them.

Rush, if you could e-mail the OU Club of AZ person and get 100% complete confirmation on where the game will be showing I would certainly appreciate it...or send me a PM with her e-mail address and how to get in touch with her. I don't mind driving wherever, but if I show up and the OU game is not on I am going to be ****ed! So please let me know, but make sure you are 100% sure...and then let's all get together and have a great time!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2007, 11:57 AM
Club pres. told me on mon or tues that she would send an email announcing the game time, etc. You can reach her at [email protected].

soonersam
9/13/2007, 12:01 PM
The Oklahoma-Utah State game will be televised live on pay-per-view by Big 12 Special Order Sports, FSN Southwest's pay-per-view division. It will be available on participating cable television systems in Oklahoma and Texas and nationwide to satellite dish customers. Suggested retail price is $29.95. A list of participating programming providers carrying the PPV telecast will be announced this week. Participating cable and satellite TV providers will offer the telecast to their customers on a designated pay-per-view channel. The game will be replayed on FSN Southwest on Monday, Sept. 17 at 11 a.m.

DISH ONLY!!!!! not Direct TV

soonersam
9/13/2007, 12:10 PM
Most bars only have Direct TV because of the NFL Sunday package being exclusive to Direct TV... I dont think any bars are going to have Dish Network. Its kinda like a Beta machine!!!

trey
9/13/2007, 12:12 PM
where does it say no direct tv?

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 12:12 PM
Tilted Kilt Manager in Tempe is checking for me and calling me back...at first he said, "Oh, sure it's on. We have GamePlan!" Yeah, thanks Buddy...now go do your homework!

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 12:16 PM
And while we are at it, mad props to soonersports.com giving little to no information about how their fans across the world can watch the OU game...unbelievably pathetic that they do not have instructions for people on how to get the game if they have Dish, Cox, Direct TV, whatever...it just says, "More information later in the week...". Uh...it's Thursday, folks. Time to get the information on there.

trey
9/13/2007, 12:20 PM
And while we are at it, mad props to soonersports.com giving little to no information about how their fans across the world can watch the OU game...unbelievably pathetic that they do not have instructions for people on how to get the game if they have Dish, Cox, Direct TV, whatever...it just says, "More information later in the week...". Uh...it's Thursday, folks. Time to get the information on there.

I agree 100%. I just emailed them asking them to post more information. i am starting to get very nervous.

9/13/2007, 12:37 PM
WhyTF wouldn't some CABLE channel broadcast the game. It's the SOONERS, for godssakes!

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 12:37 PM
I just spoke with the manager at the Tilted Kilt. Dish Network is the ONLY satellite provider carrying the game at this point and no one has that anymore...plus, John told me that Direct TV will not even sell the PPV to the Tilted Kilt unless they get enough requests...so...WE HAVE TO START BOMBARDING THEM! Call and tell them that you are an OU fan in Phoenix and you want the Tilted Kilt to carry the game...the number to call is...

888-200-4388. Mention the Tilted Kilt and mention that we were told a bunch of people had to request it. OU fans out of Phoenix feel free to help out as well for our sake.

We need some Sooner Magic...make it happen!

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 12:47 PM
This is so stupid and futile...but the lady I talked to at Direct TV said they DO HAVE IT on channel 695...so why the hell can't anyone with direct TV order it, sports bar or not? Good grief, I can go to an Oriental massage parlor and get a rub out for $25 (so I have been told) but I cannot freaking order an OU football game?!?!

This is driving me nuts...she also told me you have to have GamePlan to get it...how in the hell is GamePlan going to help you get a game on Fox Sports SW? Can we get some football fans working at these places for better answers?

I think we are going to end up getting screwed...soonersam, what is the name of that OU dive bar we went to after golf that one time? Let's call that dude since he is an OU fan and owns the bar!

9/13/2007, 12:56 PM
This is so stupid and futile...but the lady I talked to at Direct TV said they DO HAVE IT on channel 695...so why the hell can't anyone with direct TV order it, sports bar or not? Good grief, I can go to an Oriental massage parlor and get a rub out for $25 (so I have been told) but I cannot freaking order an OU football game?!?!

This is driving me nuts...she also told me you have to have GamePlan to get it...how in the hell is GamePlan going to help you get a game on Fox Sports SW? Can we get some football fans working at these places for better answers?

I think we are going to end up getting screwed...soonersam, what is the name of that OU dive bar we went to after golf that one time? Let's call that dude since he is an OU fan and owns the bar!I emailed lindee and am going to talk to TK Scottsdale. If you get info from soonersam about the dive bar, please post it here, in this thread. Thanks

soonersam
9/13/2007, 12:59 PM
Dive Bar is JT's... It only holds about 35 people and never ever ever opens before 4.. Kinda his trade mark!!!

9/13/2007, 01:09 PM
I just spoke with the manager at the Tilted Kilt. Dish Network is the ONLY satellite provider carrying the game at this point and no one has that anymore...plus, John told me that Direct TV will not even sell the PPV to the Tilted Kilt unless they get enough requests...so...WE HAVE TO START BOMBARDING THEM! Call and tell them that you are an OU fan in Phoenix and you want the Tilted Kilt to carry the game...the number to call is...

888-200-4388. Mention the Tilted Kilt and mention that we were told a bunch of people had to request it. OU fans out of Phoenix feel free to help out as well for our sake.

We need some Sooner Magic...make it happen!I just talked with David, a mgr. at TK in Scottsdale, and quoted the above quote from Maestro. He said he will look into it, and I should call him back mid-afternoon. The number for the Tilted Kilt in Scottsdale is 480-922-8424. The one in Tempe is 480-592-0102