PDA

View Full Version : Utah State game on DirectTV?

bmjlr
9/13/2007, 11:23 AM
Will DirectTV be offering this game? If so, does anybody know what channel? Any help would be appreciated.

Boomer!

Honest Abe
9/13/2007, 11:30 AM
The replay is on FSSW Monday @ 11 am.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2007, 11:51 AM
Will DirectTV be offering this game? If so, does anybody know what channel? Any help would be appreciated.

Boomer!It's on PPV. I would think about any sports bar in OK would carry it. Our OU club of AZ will watch it at a local sports bar, here in PHX.

trey
9/13/2007, 12:02 PM
i'm starting to get nervous, i can't find any info for the game on direct tv.

olevetonahill
9/13/2007, 12:36 PM
Heres the dealeo
Direct will offer the game , You wont be able to order it till late friday nite early Sat. Go on line to order
I think they said it will be on channell 777 thru 782
your welcome :D

trey
9/13/2007, 12:37 PM
if you are right....i love you!

olevetonahill
9/13/2007, 12:44 PM
if you are right....i love you!
Im right , I had just gotten off the Phone with em :cool:

springs sooner
9/13/2007, 12:48 PM
thanks vet.

I just got direct TV 2 weeks ago so i will not miss any games and i was going to get ****ed if it was only offered on cable.

soonerfaninaddison
9/13/2007, 12:54 PM
what about dish network?

SoonersEnFuego
9/13/2007, 01:00 PM
643 on directv

soonersweetie
9/13/2007, 02:16 PM
however, just to clarify, even if it's on directv it will still cost the $29.95 for the ppv right?

The Maestro
9/13/2007, 02:19 PM
Great...the lady I talked to said 695. So we have 643, 695, 777-782...unbelievable what a cluster F this has become.

bmjlr
9/13/2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks guys. This is a cluster. I live in Kansas so I think I will just go to the bar. They will have it.

Dallas
9/13/2007, 03:46 PM
Yay - I will order this and won't miss it.

I could not find it on ANYTHING.

I have DirectTV at my folks house and Cable at my house.

It looks like I will be going to see my mom and dad come Saturday at 11:30am my time.

Thanks everyone.

soonersam
9/13/2007, 04:09 PM
Ive spoken with Direct TV and they dont know crap!!!!! I dont think they could help me set the timer on my 10 year old VCR!!!!

I also spoke to the university and they have no clue either except that its on PPV... No Kidding!!! I already know that!!! What providers are caring it and what F'ing channel is it on...

Just list the Dish Network # and the direct Tv # and we'll stop calling.... I have 29.95 just tell me how to spend it!!!

trey
9/13/2007, 05:33 PM
Pay-Per-View Instructions for Saturday
Providers that will offer the live telecast on a designated pay-per-view channel.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Several cable television systems in Oklahoma and Texas and nationwide satellite TV services DirecTV and Dish Network will offer Saturday’s (Sept. 15) Utah State-Oklahoma college football game on pay-per-view (see list below). Suggested retail price for the 2:30 PM CT kickoff from Memorial Stadium in Norman is $29.95.

Please visit Sooner Gameday Central for further information about Saturday's matchup.

The game is being televised on pay-per-view because it wasn’t selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. Under conference TV rules, games not picked up for regular television distribution can only be televised live on pay-per-view, giving fans the option to watch a game they otherwise wouldn’t be able to see. Bill Land (play-by-play), former Oklahoma quarterback and five-time Oklahoma Sportscaster-of-the-Year Dean Blevins (analyst), and Emily Jones (sideline reporter) call the action. The game will be replayed on FSN Southwest on Monday, Sept. 17 at 11:00 AM CT.

Listed below are programming providers that will offer the live telecast on a designated pay-per-view channel (more could be added prior to kickoff). Cable TV subscribers must have digital cable to order the telecast. Customers can order the game from their set-top boxes or by calling their local programming provider:

• Nationwide: DirecTV - Channel 695
• Nationwide: Dish Network - Channel 462
• Ada, Okla., Cable One - 299
• Altus, Okla., Cable One - 299
• Ardmore, Okla., Cable One - 299
• Austin, Texas, Time Warner - 401
• Bartlesville, Okla., Cable One - 299
• Corpus Christi, Texas, Grande Communications - 535
• Corpus Christi, Texas, Time Warner - 928
• Cushing, Okla., Suddenlink - 611
• Dallas, Texas, Time Warner - 960
• Dallas, Texas, Grande Communications - 535
• Dewar, Okla., Suddelink - 611
• Drumright, Okla., Suddenlink - 611
• Duncan, Okla., Cable One - 299
• Durant, Oklahoma, James Cable - 4
• Elk City, Okla., Cable One - 299
• El Paso, Texas, Time Warner - 937
• Enid, Oklahoma, Suddenlink - 611
• Georgetown, Texas, Suddenlink - 610
• Gonzales, Texas, Time Warner - 928
• Houston, Texas, Comcast - 595
• Henryetta, Okla., Suddelink - 611
• Kerrville, Texas, Time Warner - 928
• Ketchum, Okla., Buford Media - 830
• Laredo, Texas, Time Warner - 928
• Lawton, Oklahoma, Lawton Cablevision - 310
• Mannford, Okla., Cim-Tele Cable - 376
• McAlster, Okla., Buford Media - 830
• Midland-Odessa, Texas, Grande Communications - 535
• Muskogee, Okla., Suddenlink - 610
• Norman, Okla., Cox Communications - 610
• Odessa, Texas, Cable One - 299
• Oklahoma City, Okla., Cox Communications - 610
• Okmulgee, Okla., Suddelink - 611
• Pharr, Texas, Time Warner - 928
• Ponca City, Okla., Cable One - 299
• Port Neches, Texas, Time Warner - 950
• San Antonio, Texas, Time Warner - 508
• San Marcos, Texas, Grande Communications - 610
• Shawnee, Okla., Buford Media - 830
• Stillwater, Okla., Suddenlink - 611
• Tulsa, Okla., Cox Communications - 610
• Tyler, Texas, Suddenlink - 610
• Wagoner, Okla., Suddenlink - 610
• Waco, Texas, Grande Communications - 535
• Waco, Texas, Time Warner - 701
• Wichita Falls, Texas, Time Warner - 928

here we go!!!!

olevetonahill
9/13/2007, 05:39 PM
Does it Really matter WHAT ****in channel ???
Its enough to know that its availble aint it?
The best way to order it is Online.

trey
9/13/2007, 06:49 PM
yeah it does matter *******! it confirms that we'll be getting it!

olevetonahill
9/13/2007, 07:04 PM
yeah it does matter *******! it confirms that we'll be getting it!
Idjit , I confirmed it was on Direct, Now does it really bother you to have to find the correct channell ?
Or are you mentally /physicaly handicapped and cant use a remote ?

trey
9/13/2007, 07:45 PM
first of all it's channel.....and sorry if i wasn't totally confident with your confirmation. the people that answer the phone at direct tv don't know ****. also, i've checked the direct tv guide and it is still nowhere to be seen.

SoonerTitan
9/14/2007, 10:48 AM
I will have to agree Directv has the worst customer service in the world. I called them myself the lady on the phone said it would be on channel 643 and it would be at no extra charge if you have the Total Choice Premier Package (the largest one) which has the Sports Pack. I looked at the guide on that channel and it does say Texas Tech @ Rice so I don't know. Thanks everyone for their input and I guess we should try all the above and hope we get lucky.

Go Sooners!!

Whet
9/14/2007, 10:01 PM
here is the rest of the posting from SoonerSports.com, concerning the game on DTV:

"*DirecTV Note: Oklahoma pay-per-view game will be telecast on DirecTV channel 695 at 2:30 p.m. CT. Due to channel capacity issues at DirecTV the game will not be available for purchase until 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. The game is available, but may not be listed on the DirecTV channel line-up until Saturday morning."

Also, if you go to channel 695, it identifies Utah vs Oklahoma, as the PPV game, starting at 2:30pm. I wish I had read the above note, before I spent about an hour trying to find it on the Directv website to order and trying to order it via remote. But, after spending 18 minutes on the telephone with DTV, I was able to order it and got the "in-person" fee waived!

ruf/nekdad
9/14/2007, 10:17 PM
It is a cluster. I called dish, they said not on. We called suddenlink they said blacked out.

heavyrider
9/15/2007, 12:19 AM
It is a cluster. I called dish, they said not on. We called suddenlink they said blacked out.

A HUGE Cluster.

Dish has it on 462 for $30. I have spent over 40 minutes on the phone with them getting it ordered. I cant imagine Direct being as stupid as Dish.

You cant order online because when you find it and click "order" it will take you to a page to order rugby. You will not be able to order it using the automated phone ordering system because it isnt listed. when you get an operator be sure to give them the PPV ID # for the game. It is 91934. I had to get a supervisor to even get that done.

HR

Sooner Eclipse
9/15/2007, 12:22 AM
For Directv users - you can order it online. Log on to the DTV site. Go to the online channel guide. Set it to show all channels and go to 2:30 on saturday. You'll see the game listed on 695 and a link to order next to the listing. Apparently you can only pay by CC or giving them your bank acct info. Currently no way to charge to your acct.

daMentor
9/15/2007, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know if Verizon Fios will be carrying the game? (Dallas btw)

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2007, 01:19 AM
Does anyone know any websites that violate the law and stream the game straight off their PPV feed? lol

Beats the hell outta paying for it IMO!

As it is, I'm gonna be doing the net radio thing and hoping that maybe one of the play by play things like Yahoo sports syncs up well with the audio. Tried to do it this way last year for Middle Ten, but the yahoo **** seemed to be ahead of my audio stream. Would be "almost" like watching it if I could get both, though I DO wish it was the old days when I could watch the game and listen on Sooner Radio and not be just as annoyed by our announcers as the ones on TV.

Wow...I'm rambling...Crucifax shoulda quit drinking an hour ago!

Pigface1
9/15/2007, 10:56 AM
I'm trying to find out if DTV will have the PPV in HD. I know Cox usually did, but I just dropped them before the Miami game. Figures.

dmac75287
9/15/2007, 11:25 AM
Just ordered the game online at Directv.com. I hope we cover the spread.... :P

sooner n houston
9/15/2007, 01:34 PM
Just ordered it from Comcast here in Houston for $22 on channel 595. :D

auto
9/15/2007, 01:38 PM
it took me 30 minutes to find it on the DTV website, not easy say the least.