PDA

View Full Version : Miami's Stud DE on Big Phil!!!

Collier11
9/13/2007, 10:39 AM
Q & A sesssion, posted on canestime.com These are the parts about Loadholt and OU.

What can you tell us about Phil Loadholt following the game?
CC: “He is a pretty good player, big, strong, very athletic, and he tried to finish me every time he had a chance to, so it was a good match up, even though I didn’t play as good as I wanted to, we went back and forth and we both made plays but I didn’t play well that game, I feel like I can get a lot better in the next game.”

Was he a different player from the film you saw from North Texas?
CC: Yeah, most definitely. When you are on the field you see a lot more stuff, and what you are looking for, he doesn’t always show, and he is trying to get better himself so what he didn’t give away on film, he gave away in the game

Did you meet up with him after the game, was anything said?
CC: I was looking for him, but I couldn’t find him. I found all of the other tackles, but I didn’t get a chance to see him.

I didn’t know he was from Colorado, which is kind of cool, because so am I, it was kind of crazy to see two top players from there.

Do you think Loadholt is an NFL type tackle?
CC: Most definitely. Besides Jason Fox he is probably the next best tackle I’ve ever gone against. I definitely think he will be in the NFL one day, I think he will be a starter one day. His size and his athletic ability and his mentality to finish off players is what all NFL teams look for

What was his best attribute?
CC: For a guy his size his feet were definitely pretty good. I think the best thing about him is that fight to win. He didn’t want to quit. He kept fighting, because when we keep going back and forth, usually, on film, he didn’t look as quick, he took a lot longer to get there. We were going back and forth on every play.

You felt last week you could get him worn out over four quarters. How did you feel he performed though the whole game?
CC: They rotated a bit, so yeah, he did. He played good all game. I didn’t see any lapse in his game at all

What did he do to slow down your motor?
CC: Cut blocks helped. When I got going, he’d cut me and kind of get me down a bit. Then it would take me a few plays to get going again. He did a good job and I think my motor was still there. I could have played a little more fast paced to get with the rhythm of the game. He did a good job

What can you take from this game against this player?
CC: Every game you learn a lot. I try to get better every game and figure something else about myself. I need to work on my feet and my hands. I got a lot of athletic ability but if I don’t use my hands and my feet I have to work harder on myself. I need to be technically sound every play. I need to be consistent

Do you expect to see Phil Loadholt getting some post-season collegiate hardware?
CC: He is a great player, so I have no doubt in my mind he deserves to be on there from what I’ve seen and all of the guys I’ve gone against.

Where do you rate him in terms of tackles you’ve faced in your career?
CC: Besides Fox, he’d be the next best

Kinda cool to see him giving up the props, most of the time it would be all about how he didnt play well as opposed to how well Phil played!!!

NormanPride
9/13/2007, 10:52 AM
Big difference from how Coach Shannon approached the game. He sounds like a good kid.

zeke
9/13/2007, 12:36 PM
Seems like a good guy.

snp
9/13/2007, 12:44 PM
If Fox is the best tackle Cambell has faced, and Cambell is the alleged best DE in NCAA - then we have 2 NFL DEs on the team because they were blowing Fox up.

OUMonster
9/13/2007, 01:09 PM
Sounds like an NFL scout was posing as a writer for canestime.com.

Boomer.....
9/13/2007, 01:13 PM
Great read.

Oldnslo
9/13/2007, 01:30 PM
Nice to see. I hope that young man has nothing but success... unless he's still there when we visit Miami.

stoopified
9/13/2007, 01:35 PM
Sounds like an NFL scout was posing as a writer for canestime.com.
Second that.

Captain Obvious
9/13/2007, 01:56 PM
when did james hale start writing for the canes?

Leroy Lizard
9/13/2007, 10:27 PM
I give him credit for being patient. I would have had a hard time answering that many questions about an opposing player.

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 10:47 PM
Randy Shannon... I'll give you one thing I truly respect. You demand respect from your players, themselves. He's really trying hard to change the shoddy image of the infamous 'U' and I'm definitely seeing the small signs in all of their team interviews.
The 'U' of old would have been excuse-ridden, f-bombers every sentence, and something along the lines of "wait 'til we play in the Orange Bowl." Definitely a nice change.

Soonerus
9/13/2007, 10:51 PM
I think Loadholt's legend is just begining....he is a great one....

Will
9/13/2007, 11:10 PM
Nice post thanks

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2007, 01:16 AM
Christ, now I have to stock the pantry with canned goods, store up a crapload of water, buy an arsenal and wait for the apocalypse.

A Miami player showing a bit of respect? What's next? Dr. Phil and Nancy grace quit being condecending a-holes? Baylor wins a national championship? I order a peperoni and a sausage pizza from dominoes and they don't taste exactly the same?

What's the world coming to????

MNsooner
9/14/2007, 01:53 AM
I suppose it is hard not to speak Loadholt's praises after he pushed you around all day.