PDA

View Full Version : Paging OUDoc...OUDoc to the SO stat....

Hamhock
9/13/2007, 07:57 AM
What's the dealio with immunizations and autism? Is there a verifiable link? Which ones?

Should I not get my kid immunized?

My recollection is that you are dually qualified to answer this one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TIA

OUDoc
9/13/2007, 08:03 AM
What's the dealio with immunizations and autism? Is there a verifiable link? Which ones?

Should I not get my kid immunized?

My recollection is that you are dually qualified to answer this one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TIA
For some reason there are people who will fight you to the death saying there is a link. There isn't, not that scientists have been able to figure out anyway. It seems to get associated with immunizations because Autism is often diagnosed at age 2-3. Coincidentally, you get a butt load of immunizations around that time.
I have twin (fraternal) boys. One has Autism, one does not. Both received the same shots from the same vials on the same day. Maybe there's a link with immunizations, maybe genetics play a role, no one knows for sure. But I highly recommend immunizing your children. We know how to prevent polio, diphtheria and measles, we don't yet know how to prevent Autism.

OCUDad
9/13/2007, 08:11 AM
you get a butt load of immunizations...Excellent play on words. Post of the day.

GottaHavePride
9/13/2007, 09:24 AM
Indeed.

frankensooner
9/13/2007, 09:42 AM
I know several home-schoolers who refuse to have their kids immunized. I don't understand it at all. I don't want my kids getting lock-jaw, whooping cough, mumps or measles!!!

GottaHavePride
9/13/2007, 09:45 AM
Some people homeschool because they think the public school system is inadequate and they can give the child a better education at home. Some people (read: hippies) homeschool children because they don't want The Man filling Their Kid's Head with Lies.

yermom
9/13/2007, 10:07 AM
hippies or fundamentalists ;)

Hamhock
9/13/2007, 10:19 AM
any thing change with a black kid? do i need to get any special immunizations or avoid any?

Hamhock
9/13/2007, 10:28 AM
hippies or fundamentalists ;)

:mad:

;)

frankensooner
9/13/2007, 10:33 AM
A black kid? wth? Yeah, their blood is different than white folks! :rolleyes:

yermom
9/13/2007, 10:36 AM
actually, it kinda is ;)

Hamhock
9/13/2007, 10:42 AM
actually, it kinda is ;)

things really are different.

i'm learning all kinds of things.

the hair is different. monglolian spots, ball sack is dark. the nose can create breathing issues.

yermom
9/13/2007, 10:46 AM
i was thinking more of the Sickle-cell thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle_cell_anemia

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 11:19 AM
We homeschool for 3 reasons:

1. We think the public school system is inadequate and we can give the child a better education at home
2. Because we don't want The Man filling Our Kid's Head with Lies
3. To avoid exposure to filthy stinking whorns

proud gonzo
9/13/2007, 11:21 AM
I know several home-schoolers who refuse to have their kids immunized. I don't understand it at all. I don't want my kids getting lock-jaw, whooping cough, mumps or measles!!!I remember a couple episodes of House where he told parents they were tarded for not getting their kids immunized. rather amusing.

NormanPride
9/13/2007, 11:28 AM
So is this informational thread going to turn into another homeschooling thread?

Hamhock
9/13/2007, 11:28 AM
We homeschool for 3 reasons:

1. We think the public school system is inadequate and we can give the child a better education at home
2. Because we don't want The Man filling Our Kid's Head with Lies
3. To avoid exposure to filthy stinking whorns

This thread is about immunizations, autism, and black people.

:les: Stay on topic you homeschool freak!!!

Widescreen
9/13/2007, 11:37 AM
So is this informational thread going to turn into another homeschooling thread?
GHP started it. :pop:

Oh, and we get our kids immunized. The exception was when Rick Perry was trying to force all of our daughters to get HPV shots. He's such a doosh.

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2007, 11:52 AM
things really are different.

i'm learning all kinds of things.

the hair is different. monglolian spots, ball sack is dark. the nose can create breathing issues.

W.
T.
F.

1. Why did you decide to share this with us?
2. Um, yeah. He's black.

yermom
9/13/2007, 11:53 AM
with a few exceptions, i think not getting your kids immunized isn't just dumb, but irresponsible, and probably negligent

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2007, 11:53 AM
I remember a couple episodes of House where he told parents they were tarded for not getting their kids immunized. rather amusing.

I love the House character. Like, a lot.

"So, today YOU'RE the parent who wants to kill your child and she's the one who wants to keep him alive. Can you keep me posted on when you switch again?"

yermom
9/13/2007, 11:54 AM
W.
T.
F.

1. Why did you decide to share this with us?
2. Um, yeah. He's black.

the palms of his hands are probably lighter too ;)

yermom
9/13/2007, 11:57 AM
I love the House character. Like, a lot.

"So, today YOU'RE the parent who wants to kill your child and she's the one who wants to keep him alive. Can you keep me posted on when you switch again?"

i kinda liked that show, but every time i watch it it seems like it's "if you're lying you/your child/husband is going to die!" and they were, but they finally fess up or something. that or there was some random peanut in pocket of the kids jeans

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2007, 11:59 AM
Well, yeah. One of the premises of the show is that any disease can be diagnosed with a more accurate patient history.

When they started, they were very CSI-like. Every show would have the team breaking into someone's house looking for environmental factors and stuff. They changed the focus in the second season to more character-driven instead of plot-driven, so a lot of that went away.