PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons why Les Miles will go to Michigan.

Dan Thompson
9/12/2007, 01:55 PM
1. MONEY

2. He played there

3. MONEY

4. He was on the coaching staff

5. MONEY

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2007, 01:59 PM
I bet tigerbaits get into bidding war with Blue. That is, if Blue actually wants Leslie.

Jewstin
9/12/2007, 02:00 PM
6. He's awfully proud of his football team. He'll take his football team around ... and play any SUCKER in this country. He likes their fight ... he, uh, likes their resolve. They learned stuff today. They're going to be better. They're going to keep coming. They look forward to the future. They expect it to be very bright.

Intown
9/12/2007, 02:00 PM
That and LSU is a flash in the pan and Michigan is the real deal

Desert Sapper
9/12/2007, 02:01 PM
Did you mention the money?

IronSooner
9/12/2007, 02:05 PM
I'd live in Ann Arbor over Baton Rouge any day, no debate necessary.

aurorasooner
9/12/2007, 02:16 PM
I bet tigerbaits get into bidding war with Blue. That is, if Blue actually wants Leslie. Michigan would be better off to go the Ohio State route and hire a hungry mac coach type, than to hire crazy Lester. Hell, Saban probably has an "out clause" in his 'bama contract if Michigan comes calling with enough money. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't start hearing Bob Stoops to Michigan rumors before long, as well. :mad: Hopefully L. Carr will get it together, thump the Irish, and win the rest of his games.

RedstickSooner
9/12/2007, 02:17 PM
Er... Does the Big-10 really pay the big bucks for their coaches? Seems like I remember hearing sweater vest gets a big salary -- but lately the SEC has been in a real salary bidding war.

HOWEVER... It also seems like Smiles was sorta exempted from that bidding war. I could've sworn LSU hired him for less than a million a year. Am I remembering that correctly, or not?

I really hate Miles, and having married into an LSU family, I wouldn't mind rooting for them as my secondary team once more -- but I refuse to do so while Miles is their head coach.

So, I'm definitely rooting for this to happen.

Also, I think LSU is going to be rather competitive whoever they get to replace Miles -- dude isn't a good coach, he just lucked into a gig with amazing talent and a very strong recruiting base. Louisiana produces more than it's fair share of NFL-calbre talent, on a per-capita basis, and LSU gets nearly unchallenged first-dibbs on the majority of that Louisianan talent (with a few notable exceptions, obviously).

Fugue
9/12/2007, 02:24 PM
He doesn't like the officiating down there?

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8471/lescusssmallvz9.gif

thatmediadude
9/12/2007, 02:29 PM
Not too difficult to read lips Fugue. HAHA

soonermagicgirl
9/12/2007, 02:45 PM
you forgot MONEY.... HEE...HEE !!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/12/2007, 02:50 PM
Its a done deal...He apparently already told people in BTR that he wasn't interested. Kiss o' death...

OU812
9/12/2007, 02:54 PM
Is this thing on? testing testing 1,2

Cam
9/12/2007, 02:58 PM
Saw an interview where he said he wouldn't talk about another school while he was the coach of LSU. He had this snickering look on his face that said "I'm outta here as soon as the season's over".

Scott D
9/12/2007, 03:00 PM
Right now, Michigan would have to get the boosters to cough up $1.25 Million to get Les out of his contract in Baton Rouge.

achiro
9/12/2007, 03:00 PM
I read on another board that he has something in his contract that would require a $1.4 mil payback to LSU if he doesn't follow through on his contract. I have no idea if it's true or not, it's the first I had ever heard of it, but the guy that typed it sounded pretty sure of it???

Landthief 1972
9/12/2007, 03:09 PM
Robert Allen has it on good authority :stunned: that Les is staying put, so look for MoLester to be wearing a 10-foot M on his ginormous ballcap next year.:les:

yermom
9/12/2007, 03:27 PM
if i remember right, he took a pay cut to go to LSU

i think Michigan is probably the easier job... winning the SEC is a lot tougher than winning the Big 10/11, plus he has ties there

OSUAggie
9/12/2007, 03:29 PM
His base salary was a cut, which is saying something. It was well under $1 million.

His incentives are pretty vast and lucrative.

BigHouseDon
9/12/2007, 03:51 PM
5 reasons why I think he stays.

1. He's got it pretty good in BR, he and his family have sunk down roots.

2. He has a great team.

3. He has a loyal fanbase that love him.

4. He has first dibs on La. recruits.

5. The Sugar Bowl is just down the road, its just as big a homefield advantage as SUC has in the Rose Bowl.

6. There is no snow in La. I know I said 5 reasons, but this is a valid reason as far as I'm concerned. Besides at my work we established a long time ago that I can't count. Nothings changed there:D

BHD

budbarrybob
9/12/2007, 04:09 PM
5 reasons why I think he stays.

1. He's got it pretty good in BR, he and his family have sunk down roots.

2. He has a great team.

3. He has a loyal fanbase that love him.

4. He has first dibs on La. recruits.

5. The Sugar Bowl is just down the road, its just as big a homefield advantage as SUC has in the Rose Bowl.

6. There is no snow in La. I know I said 5 reasons, but this is a valid reason as far as I'm concerned. Besides at my work we established a long time ago that I can't count. Nothings changed there:D

BHD

Yes, there is no snow in BR.

Seamus
9/12/2007, 04:14 PM
Another reason to go: Michigan knows how to let 'er rip.

TUSooner
9/12/2007, 04:14 PM
Also, I think LSU is going to be rather competitive whoever they get to replace Miles -- dude isn't a good coach, he just lucked into a gig with amazing talent and a very strong recruiting base. Louisiana produces more than it's fair share of NFL-calbre talent, on a per-capita basis, and LSU gets nearly unchallenged first-dibbs on the majority of that Louisianan talent (with a few notable exceptions, obviously).
True. Sad, but true.

soonerscuba
9/12/2007, 04:21 PM
Seriously, has anybody ever taken two wins against OU further? I mean, I just don't see it, the man's a maniac with no rings to show for it, and we assume he's going to Michigan? I didn't buy the hype at OSU, and don't see it at LSU.

DalHorn
9/12/2007, 05:00 PM
soon as the tigahs melt down against a lesser opponent meatchicken will look elsewhere. then again maybe that's what they're looking for.

LSU fans are busy inquiring about BCS champ. tickets. Look for a lot of good sales come mid-November (or earlier).

OSUAggie
9/12/2007, 05:05 PM
Seriously, has anybody ever taken two wins against OU further? I mean, I just don't see it, the man's a maniac with no rings to show for it, and we assume he's going to Michigan? I didn't buy the hype at OSU, and don't see it at LSU.

He's 24-4 in two+ seasons at LSU.

He's won the SEC West.

He's something like 8-3 against top-10 teams while at LSU.

His 4th loss was to the #12 ranked team.

RedstickSooner
9/12/2007, 05:17 PM
He's 24-4 in two+ seasons at LSU.

He's won the SEC West.

He's something like 8-3 against top-10 teams while at LSU.

His 4th loss was to the #12 ranked team.

Dude. Nobody said he didn't have absolutely AMAZING players at LSU :D

I mean, c'mon - they had FOUR of their players taken in the FIRST ROUND of the draft last year, including #1 overall.

They had:

#1, #6, #23, and #30.

That ain't too shabby, as far as talent goes.

Dan Thompson
9/12/2007, 08:51 PM
6. They don't have hurricanes in E. Lasing

Scott D
9/12/2007, 09:31 PM
6. They don't have hurricanes in E. Lasing

good thing...I heard they don't hit Ann Arbor or East Lansing either.

aurorasooner
9/12/2007, 10:06 PM
I don't know who's doing LSU's scheduling, but we should hire them. This year they've only got 5 aways games and that includes the game against Tulane in the Superdome, so that's only 4 away games. Next year, they've got 8 home games and 4 away games, and the year after that they've got 7 home games and 5 away games including another away game against Tulane in the Superdome, so again that's only 4 away games, and in the next year same deal, only 4 away games. In their OOC Virginny Tech this year was the showcase game, and the only other decent team they play is Appy State. Unbelievable schedule the next 4 years. Lester could come out of the next 4 years with 2 NCs. http://www.lsusports.net/SportSelect.dbml?Q_SEASON=2007&SPSID=27811&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&KEY=

yermom
9/12/2007, 10:24 PM
except that he has to play in the SEC

we only have 4 away games this year, right? (ok 5 if you count Texass)

i think our schedules are pretty good...

TIGERBAIT24
9/12/2007, 10:47 PM
I love it how everyone spends all their time on this thread talking trash about LSU...this is going to be fun.

yermom
9/12/2007, 10:50 PM
other than bagging on :les: i didn't see much bashing...

Mark_of_Tulsa
9/12/2007, 10:54 PM
I love it how everyone spends all their time on this thread talking trash about LSU...this is going to be fun.

For the most part LSU has been complimented. People were taking shots at Lester.

Octavian
9/12/2007, 10:56 PM

No one was taking shots at LSU.

I'd argue that LSU is a better job than Michigan right now. It's 2007 and the landscape is different.

But, yeah....cool first post.

GottaHavePride
9/12/2007, 11:02 PM

What's going to be fun? I don't see you on our schedule yet.

LSUdeek
9/13/2007, 12:25 AM
Verge Ausberry is indeed the man for hooking us up with these schedules. He's vastly superior to Radakovich at scheduling.

yermom
9/13/2007, 12:27 AM
What's going to be fun? I don't see you on our schedule yet.

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=2008

2018 and 2019?

LSUdeek
9/13/2007, 12:28 AM
Can't wait that long.

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 12:42 AM
I think he should go. He has a wonderful record against Ohio State. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/13/2007, 12:48 AM
Michigan's a little bit cooler weather than where I'd like to see him go...

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 01:04 AM
Michigan's a little bit cooler weather than where I'd like to see him go...
Isn't there a Hell, Michigan? Or am I just remembering Twisted Metal 2???

Scott D
9/13/2007, 07:43 AM
Isn't there a Hell, Michigan? Or am I just remembering Twisted Metal 2???

yes there legitimately is. Most people like to use the green sign with ice on it for a picture, so here's a different one :)

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/01469270-4d9b-41f6-880a-094799c881d1.jpg

Desert Sapper
9/13/2007, 07:43 AM
It would be nice to see and beat lester the molester in the BCS Championship Game this year. Sort of like killing two birds with one stone. Payback for three big losses in a single game. Still alot of football between now and then, though.

Les would have to be pretty stupid to pass up what he has in BR...oh, wait...

OUmillenium
9/13/2007, 10:53 AM
Er... Does the Big-10 really pay the big bucks for their coaches? Seems like I remember hearing sweater vest gets a big salary -- but lately the SEC has been in a real salary bidding war.

HOWEVER... It also seems like Smiles was sorta exempted from that bidding war. I could've sworn LSU hired him for less than a million a year. Am I remembering that correctly, or not?

I really hate Miles, and having married into an LSU family, I wouldn't mind rooting for them as my secondary team once more -- but I refuse to do so while Miles is their head coach.

So, I'm definitely rooting for this to happen.

Same here.

OUmillenium
9/13/2007, 10:55 AM
It would be nice to see and beat lester the molester with a cat-o-9-tails (in the BCS Championship Game this year.) Sort of like killing two birds with one stone. Payback for three big losses in a single game. Still alot of football between now and then, though.

Les would have to be pretty stupid to pass up what he has in BR...oh, wait...

fixed

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2007, 12:37 PM

So what does this say about how bad Les Smiles wanted out of stoolwater???

MextheBulldog
9/13/2007, 12:57 PM
Who cares.

NS5
9/13/2007, 02:55 PM
My Opinion, of course, Money 1st......but Mich. is top program with or without
wins. LSU is crappy place.

BigHouseDon
9/13/2007, 08:40 PM

Thats good, 1 post and already off the scale bad. You are the man. lol I don't think its anything personal with LSU....Les Miles is not very popular around here tho. Sorta like that guy at Bama isn't very popular around Baton Rouge. Anyway welcome aboard, there are some folks here that know a bit about CFB. And a few visitors that try hard:D

BHD

BigHouseDon
9/13/2007, 08:50 PM
yes there legitimately is. Most people like to use the green sign with ice on it for a picture, so here's a different one :)

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/01469270-4d9b-41f6-880a-094799c881d1.jpg

Yeah, its a nice little town. There are a lot of charity events that go thru there to take advantage of the name. By the way the green sign is bogus. As evidence of that I submit that the Lions have never even sniffed a Super Bowl. Much less won one. ;) Hah just kidding. I got that pic around here somewhere, and it really is a nice little town. About 20 miles NW of Ann Arbor.

BHD