PDA

View Full Version : OSU fans are smart?

SoonerBOI
9/12/2007, 11:25 AM
I usually troll at OP.com and this thread caught my attention. I don't flame there, no reason to. But I have to respond to this. I believe it refers to OU football fans in general.

================================================== ====
Yesterday, 07:37 PM #1
Gutrock Poke
Wrangler
Why OSU fans are smart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Most went to college.

2. Live in houses without wheels in tornado country.

3. Realize the mullet went out in 1990 along with Billy Ray Cyrus.

4. That Boone Pickens is 80.

5. That the OSU Athletic department currently has $300 million and growing.

6. That several NFL executives have toured BPS and commented that the club level and luxury suites surpass most NFL stadiums in quality and comfort.

7. That the only reason some fans of other schools only come over to our boards to rile us up is because deep down in places they don't like to talk about, they are worried. They are ****in' their britches because they know that hell is comin' with us.

8. We're not dyslexic. (Is it ou or uo).

9. We're not ashamed to use the actual name of our stadium.

10. We know that 48 is greater than 16.

================================================== =====

1. Does not really matter where your fans live. Or the social class they belong. OU football fans are diverse. Covers the very poor, the poor, middle class, the rich and the elite. Better to have the masses chear for you.

5. So what?

6. Tell yourself that

7. Keep dreaming.

10. Majority of that is in wrestling, right?

Oh I have to respond to No.1

My Granparents both went to OU, my parents, 4 of my aunts, all my cousins, all my brothers, my hawt sis, myself and we went all the way. You're a product of an elite society that caters to the few. Have a life.

sooner_born_1960
9/12/2007, 11:45 AM
What would you hope to gain by responding?

tommieharris91
9/12/2007, 11:47 AM
I was about to link type this myself

Link (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40368)

ADD: It turns into a Soonerus vs. Admin -style bitch-fight for the 2nd page, but it's pure comedy gold.

crawfish
9/12/2007, 12:14 PM
Smart people don't have to self-proclaim that they're smart, FWIW.

It's evident in the quality of their mental output. ;)

jwlynn64
9/12/2007, 12:21 PM
I was about to link type this myself

Link (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=40368)

ADD: It turns into a Soonerus vs. Admin -style bitch-fight for the 2nd page, but it's pure comedy gold.

Lamest link ever. Can I ask for a time refund.

mdklatt
9/12/2007, 12:23 PM
1. Most went to college.

*cough* bull**** *cough*

Really? Really?? Are they seriously gonna keep playing the "we're less
redneck than OU fans" card? Even if 1 is true (doubtful), most of their fans went to a college where people can major in hog slopping and tractor repair. And we're the rednecks? Unbe****inglievable.

:confused:

Is that a lot? How much does our athletic department have? How much of $300 million is in the bank, and how much is invested in a hedge fund that's about to go belly up?

6. That several NFL executives have toured BPS and commented that the club level and luxury suites surpass most NFL stadiums in quality and comfort.

Wow. Impressive. I bet you could say the same thing about about most major college stadiums. Welcome to the big leagues, sheep shaggers. Don't bother unpacking. What do the NFL executives say about the half-empty stadium for every game?

7. That the only reason some fans of other schools only come over to our boards to rile us up is because deep down in places they don't like to talk about, they are worried. They are ****in' their britches because they know that hell is comin' with us.

BWAHAHAHAHA. Or maybe by "other schools" he means Southwest Missouri State. Oh wait, they didn't play them this year.

<insert Dexter Manley joke>

Where's question mark, dip****? mdklatt's First Law of the Innerweb: Message board posts criticizing somebody else's grammar/spelling invariably contain their own grammar/spelling errors.

You should be.

:confused:

cheezyq
9/12/2007, 12:29 PM
Ok, I'll bite:

1. Most went to college.
Notice there is no mention of GRADUATING college.

Ok, so if this is true and they're so smart, why do they build these fictitious extravagant homes when they know they'll eventually get destroyed by a tornado.

Actually, the mullet went out before then, but it took Billy Ray Cyrus finally being uncool for them to realize it.

Their biggest fan is on his deathbed? Is he super-smart because he lived to 80? What is this supposed to mean? I suppose that if George W. Bush lives to 80, he'll all of a sudden be regarded as a genius.

With over half of that donated by a single person. Where are the rest of the alums/fans to donate? And, if this oSu alum is so smart, why does he KEEP spending his money on a university that has yet to benefit from using it?

A big, cushy chair is always comfortable the first time you sit in it. Too bad those seats won't get much use. Again, building a stadium that doesn't get much use = dumb.

Delusional paranoia does not equal intelligence.

But that's only because they can't spell in the first place.

They're just ashamed to show up for games in it.

From a campus that celebrates golf championships, rather than football ones, I'm surprised they came to this conclusion.

Pricetag
9/12/2007, 12:30 PM
I think on point number four he meant "Boone Pickens is A.D."

mdklatt
9/12/2007, 12:31 PM
They're just ashamed to show up for games in it.

:D

TheHumanAlphabet
9/12/2007, 12:41 PM
The one thing they never mention, T. Booger Pickens money - IS NOT OSU's money. He retains controls of the principle, OSU gets the interest off of it (unless something else has happened since I last look at this issue). I am not sure if OSU will get the money when he dies - the jest of the comment that he is 80 and they think they'll get lots of money when he dies - supposedly shortly. I think the pool of money they can borrow against to fund their we can't fill it up stadium renovations...

OUDoc
9/12/2007, 12:45 PM
How can an aggie school EVER claim someone else is "more red-neck"? Obviously logic classes aren't highly attended at OSU.

SoonerBorn68
9/12/2007, 12:46 PM
1. I don't **** sheep.

2. Orange is a secondary color.

3. I'm not jealous of any other school.

4. I expect my team to win, not hope.

5. Got teeth?

6. I never say "when is basketball season?".

7. Pistol Pete is gay.

8. 7 MNC, 40 Conference Titles vs. 0 & 1 (shared)

9. OUr coach never went 0-10-1.

10. I don't **** sheep.

Jewstin
9/12/2007, 12:49 PM
I thought this whole delusional aggy crap was put to rest when they opened up the 2007 season by getting destroyed at Georgia?

Or are they already anticipating 2008!? :|

Also, since when was it a prerequisite to be a graduate of a university before you can root for them/attend their games? I know the only people on the planet that like OSU are the ones that were duped into going there, but c'mon ... the big-time programs (see us, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc.) are liked by people from all walks of life.

Seamus
9/12/2007, 01:04 PM
I hope I can reclaim the IQ points I lost i this thread :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad:

JohnnyMack
9/12/2007, 01:07 PM
osu's coffers don't have **** in them. T Boone has all that cash.

Crimsontothecore
9/12/2007, 01:07 PM
One of my employees is an osu graduate. She recently registered on Orangepower.com. She came to work this morning and told me she is officially an OU fan now. Apparently she grew tired of the "OU penis envy" they embrace. She was disgusted at the way they defend the kid on their team that raped the 12 year old.

mdklatt
9/12/2007, 01:12 PM
Or are they already anticipating 2008!?

Aggie is always anticipating next year.

Also, since when was it a prerequisite to be a graduate of a university before you can root for them/attend their games?

It's really a badge of shame that your only fans are alumni, but in the aggie way they view that as a badge of honor. Our teams sucks! Take that, gooners!

The idea that they don't have bandwagon fans is ridiculous to begin with. Once a decade or so, when they manage to win one over us, take note of all the oSu "fans" that suddenly make their presence known. They only reason the sheep shaggers think they don't have bandwagon fans is because it's so rare that anybody wants to jump on their bandwagon.

piusbovis
9/12/2007, 01:23 PM
7. Pistol Pete is gay.

Proof: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/Osu_wrestling_pete.png/135px-Osu_wrestling_pete.png

I can't think of anything gayer than a mustachioed, singlet sporting cowboy.

OUDoc
9/12/2007, 01:27 PM
Proof: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/Osu_wrestling_pete.png/135px-Osu_wrestling_pete.png

That's pretty funny. Should really have :stunned: as it's head.

Crimsontothecore
9/12/2007, 01:27 PM
Aggie is always anticipating next year.

It's really a badge of shame that your only fans are alumni, but in the aggie way they view that as a badge of honor. Our teams sucks! Take that, gooners!

The idea that they don't have bandwagon fans is ridiculous to begin with. Once a decade or so, when they manage to win one over us, take note of all the oSu "fans" that suddenly make their presence known. They only reason the sheep shaggers think they don't have bandwagon fans is because it's so rare that anybody wants to jump on their bandwagon.
Like I've said before, bandwagon fans are a product of SUCCESS. That being said, there's no reson why they would have any.

Crimsontothecore
9/12/2007, 01:52 PM

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/crimsonsooner/eddie.jpg

orangekaje
9/12/2007, 02:10 PM
One of my employees is an osu graduate. She recently registered on Orangepower.com. She came to work this morning and told me she is officially an OU fan now. Apparently she grew tired of the "OU penis envy" they embrace. She was disgusted at the way they defend the kid on their team that raped the 12 year old.

What's her screen name?

AZOUFan
9/12/2007, 02:28 PM
My Granparents both went to OU, my parents, 4 of my aunts, all my cousins, all my brothers, my hawt sis, myself and we went all the way. You're a product of an elite society that caters to the few. Have a life.

I appreciate your support and your point, but comments like that aren't doing us any favors. Please tell me I mis-read that and that you don't think your sister is hot...:confused:

Bourbon St Sooner
9/12/2007, 02:45 PM
So we're #3 in the country and we're ****ting our pants over aggy having gold lockers?

Listen aggy, recruits want to win, play in big games, get on TV and play in the NFL. They're not interested in going to some place where they repeatedly get their *** whipped and play in front of 20,000 people each week even if the place does have gold lockers. You had your chance to prove you were a "team on the rise" when you went down between the hedges but UGA slapped you back to a reality you can't seem to accept.

AGGY - WIN SOMETHING OR SHUT UP!!!

Crimsontothecore
9/12/2007, 03:31 PM
So we're #3 in the country and we're ****ting our pants over aggy having gold lockers?

Listen aggy, recruits want to win, play in big games, get on TV and play in the NFL. They're not interested in going to some place where they repeatedly get their *** whipped and play in front of 20,000 people each week even if the place does have gold lockers. You had your chance to prove you were a "team on the rise" when you went down between the hedges but UGA slapped you back to a reality you can't seem to accept.

AGGY - WIN SOMETHING OR SHUT UP!!!
Triple ditto!

silverwheels
9/12/2007, 03:33 PM
bunch of stoopid gooners lol

Redshirt
9/12/2007, 04:03 PM

:eek:

TopDawg
9/12/2007, 04:28 PM

So to smart people, that is a sentence.

*check*

Vaevictis
9/12/2007, 04:36 PM
Even if 1 is true (doubtful), most of their fans went to a college where people can major in hog slopping and tractor repair. And we're the rednecks? Unbe****inglievable.

OSU class offerings include:

ANSI 4553 SHEEP SCIENCE
ANSI 4900 RAM SEMEN COLLECTION

Just sayin'.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/12/2007, 04:54 PM
OSU class offerings include:

ANSI 4553 SHEEP SCIENCE
ANSI 4900 RAM SEMEN COLLECTION

Just sayin'.

I thought you were joking until I googled it.... Wow, simply wow...

Vaevictis
9/12/2007, 04:59 PM
It's real. You can't make something like that up.

BoomerGirl34
9/12/2007, 05:22 PM
I usually troll at OP.com and this thread caught my attention. I don't flame there, no reason to. But I have to respond to this. I believe it refers to OU football fans in general.

Gutrock Poke
Wrangler
Why OSU fans are smart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Most went to college.

1. Does not really matter where your fans live. Or the social class they belong. OU football fans are diverse. Covers the very poor, the poor, middle class, the rich and the elite. Better to have the masses chear for you.

5. So what?

6. Tell yourself that

7. Keep dreaming.

Oh I have to respond to No.1

In response to my higlighted segment above, I am left with only one conclusion:

OSU fans are to T. Boone what Anna Nicole was to J. Howard Marshall.....

:rolleyes:

Sooner_Havok
9/12/2007, 07:28 PM
I have to say, I do admire their hypocrisy, it takes balls to be that hypocritical. They hate the fact that OU alumni point out the higher academic standards required to get into OU, they say that we are just being elitist snobs. But then they turn around and chastise OU fans for rooting for a college sports team they didn’t attend. So they hate us mentioning how much harder it is to get into OU than it is at OSU, they hate us bringing up the higher academic standards at OU, and they hate us mentioning that we have a better athletic program than they do because when we do, we are acting stuck up. Yet this same group of people attack OU for being something that people of all walks of life can attach to and identify with. So who are the elitists? Those who accept fans from all walks of life, or those who only acknowledge alumni as true fans? I saw a survey once that asked students at OU and OSU if their current school was their first choice. 90% of OU fans said it was, while only 50% of OSU fans claimed it. Maybe this all stems from the rejection letters they got all those years ago….

soonerboomer93
9/12/2007, 07:32 PM

Is the hawt sis single, is so, pm me pic and number

kplzthx...

picasso
9/12/2007, 07:34 PM
we have more redneck fans because we have more fans in general. We had more fans in 1971...heck probably in 19 and 51 too.

oSu fans grew some balls when they finally beat us in football in the 90's. that's right, it took a win in football (but but they support alll sports) for them to grow some wobblers.

usmc-sooner
9/12/2007, 07:43 PM
I've never attended Dallas but I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. Never attended Chuck Liddell or Oscar De La Hoya but I'm a fan,.............

this is the retard logic that is quickly moving them past UT and CU as my least favorite team.

At least when Texas talks they've actually done something in the past.

bigdsooner
9/12/2007, 09:00 PM
umm......they use a cattle gate. :confused:

A Sooner in Texas
9/12/2007, 09:23 PM
I just like how they totally disproved the theme of the thread.

Crimsontothecore
9/12/2007, 09:24 PM
Have you ever stood back and looked at how pathetic the average osu fans existance is? They are so obsessed with the fact they live in the shadow of big brother that they have grown to define themselves solely on their jealously of OU. How frustrating it must be to build optimism about your football team year after year after year, all to be dissapointed once again on an annual basis. The gnashing of teeth they must endure as they witness OU basking in the bright light of success. To watch the team they so envy acheive the goals they only dream of must be painful.
I guess they get to the point where the only personal satisfaction they can get is to huddle together with their own kind and fantasize about being superior to OU. I believe osu fans crave the off-season with the same excitement OU fans have for the season to start. For osu, the off-season is a time when they can still have hope, optimism, and their win/loss record is no worse than OU.
Face it, if we posted links to all the ridiculous comments and threads on Orangepower.com, this board would be full.

Ground_Attack
9/12/2007, 09:56 PM
I guess none of them have ever heard of Hart Lee Dykes either. Seriously, is that whole threat a fark?

DenverSooner751
9/12/2007, 10:15 PM
Have you ever stood back and looked at how pathetic the average osu fans existance is? They are so obsessed with the fact they live in the shadow of big brother that they have grown to define themselves solely on their jealously of OU. How frustrating it must be to build optimism about your football team year after year after year, all to be dissapointed once again on an annual basis. The gnashing of teeth they must endure as they witness OU basking in the bright light of success. To watch the team they so envy acheive the goals they only dream of must be painful.
I guess they get to the point where the only personal satisfaction they can get is to huddle together with their cousins and siblings for a little cattle gate polishing and fantasize about being superior to OU. I believe osu fans crave the off-season with the same excitement OU fans have for the season to start. For osu, the off-season is a time when they can still have hope, optimism, and their win/loss record is no worse than OU.
Face it, if we posted links to all the ridiculous comments and threads on Orangepower.com, this board would be full.

Fixed.

Very well said. I love all of the hype and build up for.....basketball season, that occurs on their......football board.

Amazing.

tulsaoilerfan
9/12/2007, 10:23 PM
I think my IQ dropped 50 points just reading that thread

SoonerDood
9/12/2007, 11:21 PM
How can an aggie school EVER claim someone else is "more red-neck"?
Especially when reminders reading, "Please do not spit tobacco juice in the drinking fountains" are posted at the entrance to every building.

soonerguild
9/12/2007, 11:28 PM
This whole losur logic of most of our fans went to college is ridiculous for many reasons

1. They are just looking at the majority of OU fans from the bigger cities. I grew up in a small town(3500 people) and the ratio of them to us was at least 10 to 1, and hardly any of them went to school there. Face it every small town farm type person across the state is an aggie.

2. As has been mentioned before it is much easier to get accepted there as i know many students there that are ou fans that couldn't get into here.

3. Some complete bandwagon fans, and prepare to be dumbfounded, are OU football fans and losur basketball fans. personally i say just buzz of and go ugly orange and dont come back.

Sorry this whole college thing really makes me dumber

birddog
9/12/2007, 11:47 PM
the whole thing about having a "bedlame board" just about sums up their inferiority complex.

sooneron
9/12/2007, 11:51 PM
I can't figure out why you guys don't just ignore them like the loud retarded cousin that they are.

soonerguild
9/12/2007, 11:52 PM
the whole thing about having a "bedlame board" just about sums up their inferiority complex.

amen brother

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 12:00 AM

Translation: "we're not dyslexic... we're just stupid (see punctuation and capitalization errors)."

Seriously... everytime someone is retarded enough to start a thread claiming they know each and every fan, they end up making themselves look like the asses they are.

Newsflash... you wear orange. That's not exactly smart.

Sooner_Havok
9/13/2007, 12:05 AM
Translation: "we're not dyslexic... we're just stupid (see punctuation and capitalization errors)."

Seriously... everytime someone is retarded enough to start a thread claiming they know each and every fan, they end up making themselves look like the asses they are.

Newsflash... you wear orange. That's not exactly smart.

The thing about that is, who refers to OU as UO? Not Oklahoma fans that's for sure. We call our selves OU, or sometimes OKU, they are the ones obsessed with calling the University of Oklahoma UO.

Doged
9/13/2007, 01:24 AM
The thing about that is, who refers to OU as UO? Not Oklahoma fans that's for sure. We call our selves OU, or sometimes OKU, they are the ones obsessed with calling the University of Oklahoma UO.

They're gonna' get really confused if they ever play Oregon.

....well.. more confused than they already are.

LoyalFan
9/13/2007, 02:26 AM

Gutrock Poke
Wrangler
Why OSU fans are smart

1. Most went to college.

Parentheticals by LoyalFan...

1. Does not really matter where your fans live. Or the social class they belong. OU football fans are diverse. Covers the very poor, the poor, middle class, the rich and the elite. Better to have the masses chear (CHEER! Dammit!) for you.

5. So what?

6. Tell yourself that(.)

7. Keep dreaming.

Oh I have to respond to No.1 ( ; ) My Granparents (GranDparents!...Dammit!) both went to OU, my parents, 4 m(FOUR) of my aunts, all my cousins, all my brothers, my hawt sis, myself and we went all the way. You're a product of an elite society that caters to the few. Have a life.

And you wonder why they claim OU fans are the least educated?

By: LoyalFan..."Jeebus!"

Cam
9/13/2007, 08:54 PM
umm......they use a cattle gate. :confused:
I had to do a double take the first time I saw that. Un-freakin-real.

jwlynn64
9/13/2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.thelynnfamily.net/aggies_mater.jpg

soonerfaninpoteau
9/13/2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.thelynnfamily.net/aggies_mater.jpg
Couldnt have said it better

JBaker
9/13/2007, 10:17 PM
The thing I don't understand...

Everyone I know that goes to OSU... goes there because they didn't get in to OU...

:pop:

bstuff1979
9/13/2007, 10:19 PM
I don't know if this has been up on Soonerfans yet or not (if it has, it's almost worth a second look), but it's a two-for-one. It involves lsu, orange aggie state, and lots of hunting camo...and wedding cake. Honestly, I haven't even read through the thread. I just needed an excuse to put this up without starting its own thread.

http://www.slideshare.net/blulaserboy/stillwater-wedding/

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 11:47 PM
I find it funny when someone posts a thread about who is smarter on a message board when above 85% of all message board posts have some kind of grammatical errors.

OU fans: "Were smarter."
OSU fans: "HEY!!! You speled it wrong!!! it's smartere!!!1111!1"
UT fans: "your all stupid ."
aTm fans: "There so dumb."
NU fans: "At leaste were not as dum as you."

Seriously... it's a message board. We're all likely posting in record time while we're supposed to be working, anyway. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2007, 12:33 AM
That's true, but they are still ****tards.

TopDawg
9/14/2007, 09:55 AM

Their point is that we are the University of Oklahoma (U before the O) but we call ourselves OU.

It's a ridiculous point since every "University of" that was in the Big 8 does the same thing.

University of Colorado = CU
University of Kansas = KU
University of Missouri = MU
University of Nebraska = NU
University of Oklahoma = OU

They all decided to do it for uniformity reasons back in the day. Meanwhile, the new "University of" that was added when the Big 8 expanded kept it's U-first "nickname" (UT).

The thing that upsets me is when OU fans call it "Oklahoma University."