PDA

View Full Version : Michigan attendance

Paperclip
9/12/2007, 09:23 AM
Michigan has a streak of something like 200 consecutive home games with an attendance over 100,000. Is this the year that streak ends?

zeke
9/12/2007, 09:25 AM
Could be..but who really gives a $hit

Dr. Jelly Finger
9/12/2007, 09:27 AM
I have a hard time believing that the streak will make it through this year, unless the masses show up with brown paper bags over their heads and pelt Lloyd with rotten produce.

Actually sounds like a pretty good time.......:texan:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2007, 09:47 AM
I don't think I would want to invest the time to go see that team play.

Scott D
9/12/2007, 10:08 AM
People will show up for the games. My sister-in-law has season tickets and unless her kids have sporting events going on that both her and my brother in law have to be at, one of them goes to the game with a family member.

r5TPsooner
9/12/2007, 12:01 PM
It seems to me that they have a very good reason to show up and get drunk this year.

CincySooner
9/12/2007, 12:12 PM
If Michigan can increase stadium capacity by re-painting the benches with narrower seats, then they can just make the seats wider until every seat is filled.

The sell-out streak will continue.

mfosterftw
9/12/2007, 12:32 PM
I'm going to agree with CincySooner...

Chances are they are sold out of the season. If they retain Carr, then obviously we could expect the streak to end next year...

RedstickSooner
9/12/2007, 02:38 PM
I dunno. Everyone loves watching a good train wreck. I could see people still filling the stadium each week :D

soonermagicgirl
9/12/2007, 02:50 PM
i think it doesn't matter if they have dedicated fans..sucky or not

Scott D
9/12/2007, 03:04 PM
I'm going to agree with CincySooner...

Chances are they are sold out of the season. If they retain Carr, then obviously we could expect the streak to end next year...

if the lions can continue to pack the house year after year, what makes you think they'll abandon the Wolverines because Carr returns?

BigHouseDon
9/12/2007, 04:01 PM
if the lions can continue to pack the house year after year, what makes you think they'll abandon the Wolverines because Carr returns?

The Lions have sucked for as long as I can remember. I'll be 48 soon. They sell out games all the time.

Michigan Stadium was sold out by mid August. I can understand buying tix for this. They have been pretty successful for a long time. They cost less than Lions tix too.

BHD

Scott D
9/12/2007, 05:33 PM
The Lions have sucked for as long as I can remember. I'll be 48 soon. They sell out games all the time.

Michigan Stadium was sold out by mid August. I can understand buying tix for this. They have been pretty successful for a long time. They cost less than Lions tix too.

BHD

even when the Lions were good they sucked. And I've been up here for 13 years now. From what I can tell Michigan fans can unwillingly accept one year, maybe two of mediocrity. Anything more than that, and they'd consider each other to be Sparty fans. ;) But, since I seem to agree with *gasp* Terry Foster's mindset that Lloyd was already going to be a goner after this season whether the team went 12-0 or 0-12.

jwlynn64
9/12/2007, 05:33 PM
The Lions had a couple of pretty good running backs from a couple of Oklahoma Universitis at one time I seem to remember hearing. ;) They also made the playoffs pretty regularly in the 90s?

TheUnnamedSooner
9/12/2007, 05:55 PM
Sold out does not equal filled up

BigHouseDon
9/12/2007, 06:03 PM
The Lions had a couple of pretty good running backs from a couple of Oklahoma Universitis at one time I seem to remember hearing. ;) They also made the playoffs pretty regularly in the 90s?

They made the playoffs a couple times under Wayne Fontes. And yes, they had a rb from somewhere in Oklahoma.;) The guy was a dazzling runner.:D But, he couldn't do it alone. The Lions have 1, count it 1 playoff victory in my lifetime. Michigan has beaten tOSU and won a bowl game in the same year several times that I can remember. Umm, just not recently. I think maybe we should import a rb from Oklahoma for them, after all it worked for the Lions.:D Come to think of it, WF decided to change the offense around and bring in a blocking back for that rb. As I recall that guy was from somewhere near where the rb came from. I think he might still be with the Lions. He'd probably be about a 12 yr pro by now. Have to check the roster for sure. I don't really follow the Lions.

BHD