PDA

View Full Version : Dallas area PPV?

achiro
9/11/2007, 10:07 PM
Anybody know of a sports bar or restaurant that is playing the game? Addison/Carrollton area best but anything would work?

SoonerGirl06
9/11/2007, 10:09 PM
Try BJ's Brewhouse on Beltline in Addison. They usually show just about everything.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2007, 08:49 AM
I bet Lonnegans in Hurst will have it. The OU Club of Fort Worth used to watch games there (maybe still do) Owner is a huge OU fan. They play Boomer Sooner over the loud speaker when OU scores.

Also, the McKinney Avenue Tavern (MAT) on McKinney in Uptown is a good bet.

Also, two rows usually shows OU games. There is a location on the Tollway and one on Greenville.

http://www.lonnegans.com/

http://www.mckinneyavenuetavern.com/The_MAT.html

http://www.tworows.com/

colinreturn
9/12/2007, 11:02 AM
lonnegans is full of ou fans. id bet on that. the ou club still goes there.

AirbOUrne
9/12/2007, 12:49 PM
There are several places in Addison that will have the game.
1. Humperdinks - will have the game a lot of OU fans.
2. Champs - will have the game but mostly full of shorthorns and I'm not sure what time their game begins
3. You can try Manhattens on Midway. They have a lot of TV's and because they just opened they don't get a lot of patrons. The owner will even buy the game if he hasn't already.
4. Houligans - just opened up, haven't been there but they do have a lot of TV's. It's on Montfort and Beltline.
5. Bennigans Sport - just remodled with lots of TV's. Not sure if they'll show the game. It's on Montfort and Beltline.

Carrollton
1. Fox and the Hound on Midway
2. Big Johnsons - TV's are located not in good spots. Hard to see from the bar

That's all I got. If you want to stay in Addison I would just go to Humperdinks

Intown
9/12/2007, 02:06 PM
I had a lot of luck with Kristi's in Uptown for the PPV games.

I need to find a way to watch it during a Guadaloupe float trip & bachelor party - any ideas?

tfoolry
9/12/2007, 03:32 PM
There are several places in Addison that will have the game.
1. Humperdinks - will have the game a lot of OU fans.
2. Champs - will have the game but mostly full of shorthorns and I'm not sure what time their game begins
3. You can try Manhattens on Midway. They have a lot of TV's and because they just opened they don't get a lot of patrons. The owner will even buy the game if he hasn't already.
4. Houligans - just opened up, haven't been there but they do have a lot of TV's. It's on Montfort and Beltline.
5. Bennigans Sport - just remodled with lots of TV's. Not sure if they'll show the game. It's on Montfort and Beltline.

Carrollton
1. Fox and the Hound on Midway
2. Big Johnsons - TV's are located not in good spots. Hard to see from the bar

That's all I got. If you want to stay in Addison I would just go to Humperdinks

Where is Manhattan's located in Addison?

hookem31
9/13/2007, 04:06 AM
Just got in from work and I'll be heading back up there around 11am to finalize details with DirecTV.

Social Chairman, a friend of mine, has informed me that if this goes through, the Dallas OU Alumni party will be at The MAT.

As soon as I get details, will post them. Probably around lunch time.

Must sleep now. Feet hurt and eyes heavy.

AirbOUrne
9/13/2007, 08:39 AM
Manhattan's is on Midway and Beltway. It's across the street from The Londoner and the Blue Goose. It's close to where Randy White's BBQ used to be, which is now something else. I've only been there once but they had a good selection of TV's.

SoonerTitan
9/13/2007, 09:09 AM
I called directv and they told me there was no PPV for that game because I had the Total Choice Premier package and the game would be on channel 643. The weird thing is when I look at the programing for that channel it says Tech @ Rice so I don't know.

soonerfaninaddison
9/13/2007, 09:26 AM
is manhatens the one at spring valley and midway where that steakhouse used to be? BTW is dish network not carrying the game?

tfoolry
9/13/2007, 10:44 AM
Manhattan's is on Midway and Beltway. It's across the street from The Londoner and the Blue Goose. It's close to where Randy White's BBQ used to be, which is now something else. I've only been there once but they had a good selection of TV's.

Yes, right down from Nate's Seafood House. Thanks.

Animal Mother
9/13/2007, 12:21 PM
For anyone staying at their Fort Worth ranch as I am, game is on DISH PPV channel 458.
Now that I've tried to verify that it is on 458, I can only go on memory from yesterday. Their links to their PPV events suck out loud.
Where's the damn phone!!!

soonerfaninaddison
9/13/2007, 12:47 PM
I thought manhatans was an expensive fancy place am i wrong?

tfoolry
9/13/2007, 04:40 PM
I thought manhatans was an expensive fancy place am i wrong?

There used to be a Manhattan Bar in Uptown, but not sure if this is same thing.

hookem31
9/13/2007, 05:51 PM
It's not. Manhattan Bar, in Uptown, closed down a while back.