9/11/2007, 07:08 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/1small.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/2Small.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/6Small.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/8Small.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/10Small.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/13Small.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/17Small.jpg

Set list: Not one Sammy tune. (The way it should be)

YOU REALLY GOT ME
ROMEO DELIGHT
SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR
I'M THE ONE
MEAN STREET
UNCHAINED
PRETTY WOMAN (No "Intruder.")
DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY
ICE CREAM MAN
BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
GUITAR SOLO - NOT the solo of the 2004 tour. Includes everything you
want to hear: Eruption, Cathedreal, etc.
SO THIS IS LOVE?
AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK....
EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
SECRETS
I'LL WAIT
RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL
LITTLE GUITARS
JAMIE'S CRYIN'
ATOMIC PUNK
FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT
LITTLE DREAMER
ON FIRE
PANAMA
HOT FOR TEACHER
AIN'T TALKIN' 'ABOUT LOVE

ENCORE:
JUMP

King Crimson
9/11/2007, 07:25 PM
not crazy about Jump as the encore. but, looks pretty cool otherwise.

OUDoc
9/11/2007, 07:25 PM
If they come close to OKC, I'm in.

oumartin
9/11/2007, 07:33 PM
what, some of Sammy Halen was their best music!

Is EVH wearing capris? :eek:

critical_phil
9/11/2007, 07:37 PM
i love Van Halen almost as much as i love Jesus, but i have to say that Dave is still the biggest doofus in the history of rock n roll.

also, i haven't heard VH with Wolfgang. i'd be shocked if he could sing half as good as MA. and looking at the photo above, it looks like touring with VH is gonna save him from getting his *** kicked about 3 x/week at high school. he looks like a dork.

85Sooner
9/11/2007, 07:37 PM
Nice post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Count me in.

King Crimson
9/11/2007, 07:38 PM
and it even looks like DLR and EVH give a sh*t.

KC//CRIMSON
9/11/2007, 07:41 PM
i love Van Halen almost as much as i love Jesus, but i have to say that Dave is still the biggest doofus in the history of rock n roll.

also, i haven't heard VH with Wolfgang. i'd be shocked if he could sing half as good as MA. and looking at the photo above, it looks like touring with VH is gonna save him from getting his *** kicked about 3 x/week at high school. he looks like a dork.

Doofus or not, DLR is the best frontman of all time.:cool:

oumartin
9/11/2007, 07:44 PM
Doofus or not, DLR is best frontman of all time. No one else comes close

He aint no Brett Michaels! ;)

sooneron
9/11/2007, 07:58 PM
No chaps?

Cam
9/12/2007, 02:44 PM
So what was the story with MA anyway? From account of people who I know who've met the band, he was the most stable of the bunch. Maybe I just answered my own question.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2007, 02:50 PM
4 shows, max. ;)

The
9/12/2007, 02:57 PM
Who are those pleasant old men? Is this a community service concert for nursing homes? Stuff like that is really nice. Old folks need all the entertainment they can get...

frankensooner
9/12/2007, 02:58 PM
Sounds great, plus I can get a jump on traffic by skipping the encore!

IronSooner
9/12/2007, 03:09 PM
EVH really needs to look into wearing shirts. He went at least half the last show I saw without one, and I couldn't help but think of Gollum.

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/12/2007, 03:46 PM
Panama should close the show...best VH song evar.

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/12/2007, 03:50 PM
wow...according to their website, they are not playing one show in Texas as of now.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2007, 03:56 PM
4 bass drums...really?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/12/2007, 04:00 PM
They need some Van Haggar!!!

GottaHavePride
9/12/2007, 04:06 PM
4 bass drums...really?

He's gonna use his balls to play the center two drums.

OklaPony
9/12/2007, 04:11 PM
Wow, DLR has hair? I wonder how that happened. He must've joined Hair Club For Men or something.

Czar Soonerov
9/12/2007, 04:15 PM
He aint no Brett Michaels! ;)

Will you stay in this thread and continue to rock my world?

KC//CRIMSON
9/12/2007, 05:08 PM
They need some Van Haggar!!!

and you need some ritalin. spammy is dead.

OUDoc
9/12/2007, 06:02 PM
I glanced at ticket prices in KC. ~$320 for 2 tickets? Plus $2.50 to print my own tickets?
Pass.

Ticket Price
US $149.50 x 2

Convenience Charge
US $16.35 x 2

It's a shame. I'd love to see them one last time. :(

critical_phil
9/12/2007, 06:09 PM
I glanced at ticket prices in KC. ~$320 for 2 tickets? Plus $2.50 to print my own tickets?

that's still :les: than mrs. _phil just spent for tickets to the Centennial Hillbilly Festival.

:mad:

Mixer!
9/13/2007, 06:15 PM
So what was the story with MA anyway? From account of people who I know who've met the band, he was the most stable of the bunch. Maybe I just answered my own question.
The story goes, when he was out on tour with Sammy, he sang along on some VanHaggar-era material, thus earning him DLR's former spot from the brothers.

:pop:

Cam
9/13/2007, 08:33 PM
The story goes, when he was out on tour with Sammy, he sang along on some VanHaggar-era material, thus earning him DLR's former spot from the brothers.

:pop:
That would fit with what I've heard about the VH brothers.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2007, 08:45 PM
As you’ve almost certainly heard, later this month the reunited Van Halen is hitting the road for an extensive tour with David Lee Roth out front. But something is missing. Original bassist Michael Anthony — whose distinctive backing vocals are crucial to classics like “Running With the Devil” and “Panama” — has been fired and replaced by Eddie Van Halen’s sixteen-year-old son Wolfgang. Many outraged fans are pledging to stay home, while others will be showing up with “Where Is Michael Anthony?” T-shirts. Last week Anthony got on the phone with RS to explain what happened.

When was the last time you saw Eddie Van Halen?

The last time I actually spoke or saw him in person was right after we walked offstage in 2004, the last show of the tour.

How were things then?

It really didn’t end in total peace and harmony within the band, for whatever reasons. I’m not going to finger-point at anyone, but the tour, after eighty shows, just couldn’t go on at that point.

How did you find out they were going to do this upcoming tour without you?

Probably like everybody else, I found out on the Internet and through word of mouth. I can understand that he wants his kid to play with him. If I had a kid like that, I’d like to have him perform with me, too. It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion.”
(Keep reading for Anthony’s take on the 2004 tour, the doctored album covers that appeared online after the band’s recent reunion announcement, his sixteen-year-old replacement and more.)

So they never called you?

No, nobody ever contacted me about anything. I just kind of found out with everyone else.

Is it true they tried to keep you off the 2004 tour?

Yeah. Ed didn’t really want me on that tour.

Do you know why?

He was always put off that I was going out and playing with Sammy [Hagar] when we weren’t doing anything. It wasn’t like I was doing it to spite anybody. I was just tired of sitting at home and doing nothing. Sammy asked me one day if I would like to come out and maybe make an appearance at one or two of [his] shows and have some fun, and I said, “Yeah, great.” It kind of snowballed into me coming out and doing a few songs with him here and there.

Didn’t they make you sign something to participate in the last tour?

You’re putting all the dirt in this one, huh? I gave up a lot to do [the last Van Halen] tour, as far as my percentage of what everyone was being paid. I did have to sign something at the end of the tour, that I was relinquishing any rights or claims that I had to anything that had to do with Van Halen. The reason I did the tour was: I didn’t need the money, but I kind of figured if it was the last time Van Halen ever went out, I’d be kicking myself if I didn’t go out onstage one last time for the fans. So I kind of sucked it up a bit.

But that didn’t affect your royalties or anything?

No.

Do you regret doing that?

There’s always things that you look at in hindsight that you could have done differently or whatever, or tried to make it better. I don’t regret going out, because I did enjoy going out and playing for the fans. I kind of regret the way that it turned out, because it should have been a tour that possibly went on for at least a year, and toured all over the world, and it just wasn’t meant to be. And that’s pretty sad, in my eyes.

Some fans are saying that this current tour is not the real Van Halen. How do you respond to that?

I had a post on my blog the other week stating that it is what it is, and I’m not going to sit here and go, “Hey, those a-holes, going out and doing this without me.” I even told the fans, “Don’t judge his son, Wolfgang, too hard, because he’s the innocent guy in this whole thing.” I’m sure he’ll do fine. But as far as it being a full reunion, well, it’s not. There’s no reason for me to sit there and cry over it or whine over it. Life goes on.

Do you think Wolfgang is too young to be taking on such a huge task?

I really can’t say, because I’m not around the guy a lot. He came out and did some shows in 2004, came out onstage when his dad was playing a solo, and played a little bit. Being thrown right out into big arenas, a sixteen-year-old kid, I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of possible overwhelming things that are thrown at him in that kind of a situation, plus, when they get onstage, who knows how the fans are going to react to him? Hopefully, he’ll be able to work through all that.

Your backing vocals were an important part of the sound.

Mm-hmm. I guess it will be interesting. I don’t know, I’m not to say how they’re going to pull that one off, but I’m sure they’ve thought of something.

Dave and Ed were smiling and shaking hands at the press conference — do you think it’s genuine?

[Laughs] There again, I really can’t tell you, because I’m not around them or know what’s going on. I can speculate, but that wouldn’t really mean anything here or there. I guess the proof will be once they get out and start playing. Because once Dave gets onstage, he becomes Diamond Dave.

Did you see that they removed your image from Van Halen’s first album on their Web site?

Yes, I did. And that was the one thing that kind of saddened me a bit, when I was pointed to that, to see that my pictures were removed off of the first album. With Women and Children First, they took the picture off completely. I couldn’t figure out what they were trying to do except for brainwash the fans into thinking I was never in the band. That bummed me out quite a bit. I’m proud of all my history with Van Halen, and maybe they feel otherwise.

You seem to be taking the high road with all this.

I’m not a spiteful person. At this point in my life, I don’t need the drama. I went through that when I was in my twenties, and I don’t feel like going through it again in my fifties. I just want to have fun, be able to go out onstage and play and have a good time.

Are you touring with Sammy Hagar this summer?

Yeah, we’re actually going out late October, and we’ll be touring on and off until next summer. It stems from around March, when Sammy Hagar did this cruise thing with Carnival Cruise lines, where they cruise down to Cabo San Lucas. His fans pay an extra premium and his band goes on the ship, and they asked me if I wanted to come and perform one night. I didn’t want to just get up with his band and do Hagar stuff, so I put this thing together and I said, “Let’s just do some old Van Halen stuff and have some fun with it and do maybe a couple other covers that we all grew up to, like some Zep or Cream.” So we call it the Mad Anthony Express, and we did about two hours on this ship, and the fans loved it. I said, “Hey, this is pretty cool.”

Do you see a day in the future where the four original Van Halen members could possibly share a stage again?

At this point, I really don’t know, because I think they’ve chosen their path. They would be the ones to really ask. As far as myself, I think if the situation was right and everything was on the up and up I’d be interested in doing it. It would definitely have to be on those terms.

Veritas
9/13/2007, 08:51 PM
Will you stay in this thread and continue to rock my world?
I'm glad I'm not the only loser that watches that lame show.

Jes FTW.

r5TPsooner
9/13/2007, 08:52 PM
As you’ve almost certainly heard, later this month the reunited Van Halen is hitting the road for an extensive tour with David Lee Roth out front. But something is missing. Original bassist Michael Anthony — whose distinctive backing vocals are crucial to classics like “Running With the Devil” and “Panama” — has been fired and replaced by Eddie Van Halen’s sixteen-year-old son Wolfgang. Many outraged fans are pledging to stay home, while others will be showing up with “Where Is Michael Anthony?” T-shirts. Last week Anthony got on the phone with RS to explain what happened.

When was the last time you saw Eddie Van Halen?

The last time I actually spoke or saw him in person was right after we walked offstage in 2004, the last show of the tour.

How were things then?

It really didn’t end in total peace and harmony within the band, for whatever reasons. I’m not going to finger-point at anyone, but the tour, after eighty shows, just couldn’t go on at that point.

How did you find out they were going to do this upcoming tour without you?

Probably like everybody else, I found out on the Internet and through word of mouth. I can understand that he wants his kid to play with him. If I had a kid like that, I’d like to have him perform with me, too. It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion.”
(Keep reading for Anthony’s take on the 2004 tour, the doctored album covers that appeared online after the band’s recent reunion announcement, his sixteen-year-old replacement and more.)

So they never called you?

No, nobody ever contacted me about anything. I just kind of found out with everyone else.

Is it true they tried to keep you off the 2004 tour?

Yeah. Ed didn’t really want me on that tour.

Do you know why?

He was always put off that I was going out and playing with Sammy [Hagar] when we weren’t doing anything. It wasn’t like I was doing it to spite anybody. I was just tired of sitting at home and doing nothing. Sammy asked me one day if I would like to come out and maybe make an appearance at one or two of [his] shows and have some fun, and I said, “Yeah, great.” It kind of snowballed into me coming out and doing a few songs with him here and there.

Didn’t they make you sign something to participate in the last tour?

You’re putting all the dirt in this one, huh? I gave up a lot to do [the last Van Halen] tour, as far as my percentage of what everyone was being paid. I did have to sign something at the end of the tour, that I was relinquishing any rights or claims that I had to anything that had to do with Van Halen. The reason I did the tour was: I didn’t need the money, but I kind of figured if it was the last time Van Halen ever went out, I’d be kicking myself if I didn’t go out onstage one last time for the fans. So I kind of sucked it up a bit.

But that didn’t affect your royalties or anything?

No.

Do you regret doing that?

There’s always things that you look at in hindsight that you could have done differently or whatever, or tried to make it better. I don’t regret going out, because I did enjoy going out and playing for the fans. I kind of regret the way that it turned out, because it should have been a tour that possibly went on for at least a year, and toured all over the world, and it just wasn’t meant to be. And that’s pretty sad, in my eyes.

Some fans are saying that this current tour is not the real Van Halen. How do you respond to that?

I had a post on my blog the other week stating that it is what it is, and I’m not going to sit here and go, “Hey, those a-holes, going out and doing this without me.” I even told the fans, “Don’t judge his son, Wolfgang, too hard, because he’s the innocent guy in this whole thing.” I’m sure he’ll do fine. But as far as it being a full reunion, well, it’s not. There’s no reason for me to sit there and cry over it or whine over it. Life goes on.

Do you think Wolfgang is too young to be taking on such a huge task?

I really can’t say, because I’m not around the guy a lot. He came out and did some shows in 2004, came out onstage when his dad was playing a solo, and played a little bit. Being thrown right out into big arenas, a sixteen-year-old kid, I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of possible overwhelming things that are thrown at him in that kind of a situation, plus, when they get onstage, who knows how the fans are going to react to him? Hopefully, he’ll be able to work through all that.

Your backing vocals were an important part of the sound.

Mm-hmm. I guess it will be interesting. I don’t know, I’m not to say how they’re going to pull that one off, but I’m sure they’ve thought of something.

Dave and Ed were smiling and shaking hands at the press conference — do you think it’s genuine?

[Laughs] There again, I really can’t tell you, because I’m not around them or know what’s going on. I can speculate, but that wouldn’t really mean anything here or there. I guess the proof will be once they get out and start playing. Because once Dave gets onstage, he becomes Diamond Dave.

Did you see that they removed your image from Van Halen’s first album on their Web site?

Yes, I did. And that was the one thing that kind of saddened me a bit, when I was pointed to that, to see that my pictures were removed off of the first album. With Women and Children First, they took the picture off completely. I couldn’t figure out what they were trying to do except for brainwash the fans into thinking I was never in the band. That bummed me out quite a bit. I’m proud of all my history with Van Halen, and maybe they feel otherwise.

You seem to be taking the high road with all this.

I’m not a spiteful person. At this point in my life, I don’t need the drama. I went through that when I was in my twenties, and I don’t feel like going through it again in my fifties. I just want to have fun, be able to go out onstage and play and have a good time.

Are you touring with Sammy Hagar this summer?

Yeah, we’re actually going out late October, and we’ll be touring on and off until next summer. It stems from around March, when Sammy Hagar did this cruise thing with Carnival Cruise lines, where they cruise down to Cabo San Lucas. His fans pay an extra premium and his band goes on the ship, and they asked me if I wanted to come and perform one night. I didn’t want to just get up with his band and do Hagar stuff, so I put this thing together and I said, “Let’s just do some old Van Halen stuff and have some fun with it and do maybe a couple other covers that we all grew up to, like some Zep or Cream.” So we call it the Mad Anthony Express, and we did about two hours on this ship, and the fans loved it. I said, “Hey, this is pretty cool.”

Do you see a day in the future where the four original Van Halen members could possibly share a stage again?

At this point, I really don’t know, because I think they’ve chosen their path. They would be the ones to really ask. As far as myself, I think if the situation was right and everything was on the up and up I’d be interested in doing it. It would definitely have to be on those terms.

As much as I like VH and there music, after reading that article, I wouldn't put another dime in Eddie's pocket. I especially wouldn't pay the ticket prices that they're trying to rape fans on.

He sounds like a genuine a-hole.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2007, 08:52 PM
Bands are just like every other relationship. People just get tired of each other.

I think Ed and Al were put off by Hagar and Anthony using the name to promote their products as well. Hagar's Tequila and Anthony's Hot Sauce.

r5TPsooner
9/13/2007, 08:54 PM
Bands are just like every other relationship. People just get tired of each other.

I think Ed and Al were put off by Hagar and Anthony using the name to promote their products as well. Hagar's Tequila and Anthony's Hot Sauce.

Who cares. They're all richer than hell.

Veritas
9/13/2007, 08:56 PM
Yeh, but they shouldn't be. Those two worked just as hard as they did to make the band successful.

Cam
9/13/2007, 09:13 PM
Changing the cover art is just fuggin lame as hell.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2007, 09:18 PM
Changing the cover art is just fuggin lame as hell.

They changed it back an hour or two later. I think it was an Admin just being a d***.:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/13/2007, 09:33 PM
If Valerie loses all her Married weight...Hagar should hit it IMO. ;)

Taxman71
9/14/2007, 08:45 AM
The rest of the story:
----------------------
We arrived to an empty arena (except for the VH staff) containing
VH's full stage setup. No one from the band had arrived yet.

The stage has a runway which snakes out into the audience in a giant
"S" shape, which mirrors the lighting rig above it. The "S"
continues behind and above the stage so a band member can walk to the
very top and be standing above Ed's rig. There's a giant video
screen the width of the entire stage, but neither the screen nor the
stage lights were tested tonight; only the house lights were used.
(It didn't matter in the slightest.)

We arrived about an hour before the band while the crew fine-tuned
the equipment. Drums were tested, guitars tuned, and pink noise
blasted through the P.A. The general mood of everyone seemed very
high with lots of smiles and friendly faces. Many people nodded to
us and said, "hello."

Eddie was the first to arrive, and very shortly after that, Wolfgang
and Alex. Valerie was with Wolf as were about five of his friends
from school, I'm guessing. (They all looked the same age.) Alex and
Ed spent about 15 minutes on stage noodling while Wolfie was showing
his friends the venue. The three of them then met on stage and Eddie
said into the P.A., "We're not opening with it, but let's play "I'm
The One" just to warm up. And that they did. A funny moment
occurred when Ed screwed up the bit right before they usually go
acapella. He spoke into the mic, "Did I mess that up?" Wolf
confirmed, "Yeah, you were late." Both were smiling.

After "I'm The One", there was a bit more noodling and then some
down time as people waited for Dave. I'm not sure if he was running
late or if that's just how the schedule was.

When Dave did show up, right from the start, he was all smiles. He
was dressed in tight, flared out leather pants and a black/striped
dress shirt.

The rest of the account is going to contain, for lack of a better
word, "spoilers" of the show, including the set list, all though not
in order. If you don't want to know, fair warning.

Dave addressed the crowd and treated us as if we were guests in his
arena sized house. He thanked us for coming and talked about how
excited he was to be here and what a "privilege and honor" it was to
play with his "brutha's from another mutha." (And yes, that's a
quote.) He then went on to great lengths to explain what we would be
seeing tonight: that it was a rehearsal where they would be stopping
and starting, testing things out, etc. (And he did this all very
eloquently with many one-liners, as only Dave does.) Right before
the band began, he explained, "Okay as soon as you hear the first
note, that's when the curtain comes up." He did that throughout the
show; stopping to tell us what we would be seeing if this were the
actual concert. The constant commentary and casual asides reminded
me of that story I've heard where at a concert he wanted to turn the
P.A. around so that "everyone could be backstage." That's how this
show felt. As if we were being let it on the secret.

The show started with "You Really Got Me." Dave was standing on the
high part of the "S" stage above Alex waving a giant Red flag as the
show began. Then he threw the flag down, and for the first time in
over 22 years, David Lee Roth sang on stage with Eddie Van Halen.

I'd say there were only about 40-50 guests there that night who were
lucky enough to get in. Most of us sat in the "5-star" section
inside the loop of the "S" runway, but there wasn't even enough of us
to fill it up. And there was a silly L.A.attitude amongst the crowd
of" Oh-I'm-so-hip- I-don't-need- to-sit-in- the-front- row" thing going
on, as if this event was an every day occurrence. (After the first
song, I couldn't stay away, and moved from the 5th row to right up
front, just off center towards Ed's side.) The stage setup has at
least 8 speakers just for the people in the first few rows, so you
don't have to worry about hearing only the echoey remnants of the
main P.A. You'll get the full mix nice and loud. But Holy God,
bring earplugs.

Wolfgang did a fine job, even providing decent sounding backup
vocals. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him, but I'd be
lying if I didn't say that Michael Anthony was missed. While Wolf
competently filled the position, he doesn't have the same sound,
either in his playing or in his voice, as Michael. It's such a shame
that silly personal conflicts can't be resolved so that people can
finally see the classic lineup again. I do have to say though, it's
obvious how much Ed loves playing with Wolfgang. He would be all
smiles when he walked over to Wolfie and after one song, stepped up
to the P.A. and said, "Great job, Wolf. Great."

Over the next hour and a half or so the band played classic after
classic that VH haven't done in years. The Sammy Hagar era is dead
now, as far as I can tell. (All though when warming up, Eddie ran
the VH-stripped drill across his guitar as if he was was starting
"Poundcake", but no more than that.) I was surprised by some of the
gems they brought out. I'll post the songs I remember at the end of
the article, but the order will be completely wrong except for the
first song and the encore.

The great thrill of the show was seeing Dave and Ed interact. If
there's any animosity between them, it didn't show at all. Both were
constantly smiling, and Dave often did the schtick where he holds his
mic to Ed's guitar during a solo while he looks at the crowd, open
mouthed in astonishment.

That's not to say that Dave didn't get ****ed, however. He was
standing out by the far tail of the "S" runway when, in the middle of
a song, he yelled at the soundboard crew with intense anger, "TURN
THE ****ING VOCALS UP! Don't make me ask you again!" I turned to Ed
to see his reaction, thinking he would be ****ed at Dave's behavior,
but incredibly, Ed just smiled even wider. As Dave walked past him
returning to the stage, they did a mini-hi-five, low and behind each
other's back. I don't know what it meant. I'm guessing it's one of
those things that only makes sense to two people who have known each
other for decades.

I never got to see Dave sing with Van Halen live. I got into the
band in 1984 when I was 12 and didn't see them until the OU812
tour. I've seen Dave solo multiple times, but am always wonderfully
caught off guard by his stage antics. He really is the clown prince
of rock 'n' roll, and I say that with as much affection as I can.
There's not a moment that goes by where he's not trying to entertain
you, whether it be with silly facial expressions, dance moves, jokes,
props or stories. He is the former 5 year old kid who ran up to
every new adult and wanted to show them everything he owned and all
the things he could do and wouldn't stop talking until his parents
told him it was bed time. And that attitude has never quite gone away.

Thinking about the whole experience, I can't help but smile. I was
going to write a few more details about the show, (like the brilliant
way Dave introduces "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" or the intensity from
Dave that makes "Mean Street" one of the great live VH songs) but I
think it's probably better to let you all discover that for yourself.

85Sooner
9/14/2007, 10:29 AM
As much as I like VH and there music, after reading that article, I wouldn't put another dime in Eddie's pocket. I especially wouldn't pay the ticket prices that they're trying to rape fans on.

He sounds like a genuine a-hole.

i WAS THINKING THE SAME THING. Guess I'll stay home or try to go on one of those cruises. I like Anthonys style.

Maybe thats why Gene Simmons didn't want Ed to join kiss after ace left. (he had just gotten rid of one headcase) It was confirmed that ed was looking to leave VH and was meeting with kiss for the position. Gene recommended he hang on and after that came the Sammy situation. Too Bad too. That would be one great supergroup. VH and Hagar and DLR songs for 2 hours would rock.

KC//CRIMSON
9/16/2007, 03:32 PM
Some of these are hilarious.:D

http://jfindley.smugmug.com/gallery/3484303#P-1-9

KC//CRIMSON
9/17/2007, 08:30 PM
Video!

Romeo Delight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WNI5zXhO8

Beautiful Girls - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGapAkq89-I

KC//CRIMSON
9/22/2007, 09:42 AM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18437456

critical_phil
9/22/2007, 10:12 AM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18437456

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3858/bodburgerhs3.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
9/25/2007, 08:40 PM
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3858/bodburgerhs3.jpg

Sweet intro, and Dave's Kung Foo is killin me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMm419quo1g