PDA

View Full Version : CFN Rankings No. 1 to 119: Week 2

Bccajun
9/11/2007, 06:38 PM
There's one very important distinction in the CFN rankings: These are based on how good the teams are and NOT how they're going to finish. Some teams have easier schedules than others, some get tougher road games and some will need a little bit of time to jell, meaning they might be better than their final record might indicate.

1. LSU (2-0 )
W, Virginia Tech 48-7 Next game: Middle Tennessee

The Ranking Should Be Lower Because... you could put Oklahoma or USC in this spot and you might not be wrong. The defense's domination of Virginia Tech was no big deal, but the offensive explosion on one of the nation's best defenses puts the Tigers on top ... for this week.

2. Oklahoma (2-0)
W, Miami 51-13 Next game: Utah State

The Ranking Should Be Higher Because ... that wasn't North Texas or Utah State the Sooners just obliterated. Yeah, Miami isn't the same Miami of a few years ago, but this is still a talented defense that couldn't handle the Sooners attack.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn't be. There's no reasonable argument against OU being No. 1 right now

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7211304?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10437

BC

CatfishSooner
9/11/2007, 08:16 PM
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn't be. There's no reasonable argument against OU being No. 1 right now
BC

me likey!

Will
9/11/2007, 10:09 PM
#1 baby

stoopified
9/12/2007, 10:33 AM
TBA(formerly known as osu) #41? Way too high.

RedstickSooner
9/12/2007, 02:40 PM
I dunno.

I don't like this much man-love, this early in the season.

I'd prefer people continue to discount the quality of our opposition, at least 'til after the RRS.

Does make you feel a little giddy inside to read those words, though :)

KEGTOP
9/12/2007, 02:59 PM
I like what i see but i just wish the coaches poll would rank us a little better

swardboy
9/12/2007, 03:54 PM
There's one very important distinction in the CFN rankings: These are based on how good the teams are and NOT how they're going to finish. Some teams have easier schedules than others, some get tougher road games and some will need a little bit of time to jell, meaning they might be better than their final record might indicate.

1. LSU (2-0 )
W, Virginia Tech 48-7 Next game: Middle Tennessee

The Ranking Should Be Lower Because... you could put Oklahoma or USC in this spot and you might not be wrong. The defense's domination of Virginia Tech was no big deal, but the offensive explosion on one of the nation's best defenses puts the Tigers on top ... for this week.

2. Oklahoma (2-0)
W, Miami 51-13 Next game: Utah State

The Ranking Should Be Higher Because ... that wasn't North Texas or Utah State the Sooners just obliterated. Yeah, Miami isn't the same Miami of a few years ago, but this is still a talented defense that couldn't handle the Sooners attack.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7211304?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10437

BC

Hey, that link has a pole! Who should be #1? Us, suc, lsu, or fl. I voted

insuranceman_22
9/12/2007, 11:37 PM
Nice