PDA

View Full Version : Please knock off this Heisman and other talk off!

oumartin
9/11/2007, 04:30 PM
We are about Championships here at the University of Oklahoma!

Football is a team sport and the way it looks these guys are a great TEAM.
For all its worth I don't want another AD or JW if these guys can bring the crystal ball home. It will once again prove that its all about the TEAM.

All these nice things being said about our individual players is nice but I kinda wish it would stop until after they win #8 this coming January.

Let Booty win it, Let Flynn win it, Heck let Mike Hart win it. If they don't have that crystal ball does it really matter?

Soonermagik
9/11/2007, 04:36 PM
Didn't Leinart win the Heisman and a National Championship?

You can do both ya know. I could care less about a Heisman, but it really helps recruiting and people get to know our school better.

yermom
9/11/2007, 04:39 PM
let's not start counting our chickens in one basket just yet

oumartin
9/11/2007, 04:47 PM
a national championship is a better recruiting tool

Ash
9/11/2007, 04:48 PM
let's not start counting our chickens in one basket just yet

Don't you mean burning our bridges when we cross them?

dolemitesooner
9/11/2007, 04:48 PM
Yep

yermom
9/11/2007, 04:50 PM
Don't you mean burning our bridges when we cross them?

that too

as for recruiting... i think sending scores of kids to the NFL doesn't hurt

TexasSooner01
9/11/2007, 04:53 PM
"you stole my boys trophy, we're here to get it back"

devOUt
9/11/2007, 04:56 PM
All these nice things being said about our individual players is nice but I kinda wish it would stop until after they win #8 this coming January.

Thank you.

yermom
9/11/2007, 05:03 PM
that and hopefully no one offers all of our assistants jobs after the regular season is over :mad:

Jewstin
9/11/2007, 05:07 PM
We don't need to count all of our eggs before we cross the road here, guys.

SoonerBOI
9/11/2007, 05:50 PM

For all its worth I don't want another AD or JW if these guys can bring the crystal ball home. It will once again prove that its all about the TEAM.

Let Booty win it, Let Flynn win it, Heck let Mike Hart win it. If they don't have that crystal ball does it really matter?

I agree with you, sir!

SoonerBOI
9/11/2007, 05:52 PM

I agree with you, sir!

swardboy
9/11/2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if SoonerBOI agrees with this?

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 07:44 PM
he cant win the heisman.... he's a freshman....

they have a rule that freshmen and sophmores cant win it....

(yes, i know there is no rule,..... but we know different)

Soonermagik
9/11/2007, 08:38 PM

Would not having them both be a better recruiting tool?? Hey, come to Oklahoma where we win national titles and have heisman winners. Plus, we put a lot of players in the nfl.

Who says I can't have my cake and eat it too. ;)

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:44 PM
Good things come... along with other good things.

King Crimson
9/11/2007, 08:54 PM
since we are a shoe-in for the BCS game, i'll set myself on fire if we play LSU in N.O. again.

i went once. and i like new orleans. what i don't like is seeing my dad, a former Army Ranger, thinking about putting the beat down on some airless balloon tittay LSU grammaw who spit on him.

birddog
9/11/2007, 10:10 PM
I could care less about a Heisman, but it really helps recruiting and people get to know our school better.

how much less could you care?

the heisman is a joke anyways. give me a big 12 championship and a shot at the mnc.

goingoneight
9/11/2007, 11:21 PM
Matt Leinart is a tool

Agreed.

goingoneight
9/11/2007, 11:24 PM
Sam won't win the Heisman. Bobby Reid, Dantrell Savage and Adarius Bowman will split it according to the Tulsa World.

utex74
9/11/2007, 11:47 PM
since we are a shoe-in for the BCS game, i'll set myself on fire if we play LSU in N.O. again.

You guys are playing great. Way above what i would have thought. We have four weeks to get better but if we played now I am afraid you would slaughter us.

All that said...it is still a bit early for anyone to consider themselves a "shoo-in" for the BCS title game or even the BCS. Things happen during a season. (see Texas-2006)

And I would take LSU, USC, or the legions of hell (that would be you guys ;) )in the title game as long as we were there.