PDA

View Full Version : Who do we want more...

OUster
9/11/2007, 10:55 AM
The season is new and this discussion may be a little early...we have a long season ahead. However, that is what this board is for. So, the AP has the rankings 1. USC, 2. LSU and 3. OU. Assuming we win out and have a chance to play one of these teams for all of the marbles, who would you guys rather have to play in that game? Sacred cow USC, "the greatest team" evar! This would be a game in which OU has to make amends to erase what happened in '04/'05. Or, would we rather have another shot at LSU and the most annoying drunk bastard fans to ever grace a stadium for the title game loss in '03/'04. This would be a game in which OU slaps Les Miles in his idiotic mouth, just because he deserves it.

oupride
9/11/2007, 11:02 AM
Bring on Texas....

JohnnyMack
9/11/2007, 11:03 AM
I hope we beat Utah State.

humblesooner
9/11/2007, 11:10 AM
The season is new and this discussion may be a little early...we have a long season ahead. However, that is what this board is for. So, the AP has the rankings 1. USC, 2. LSU and 3. OU. Assuming we win out and have a chance to play one of these teams for all of the marbles, who would you guys rather have to play in that game? Sacred cow USC, "the greatest team" evar! This would be a game in which OU has to make amends to erase what happened in '04/'05. Or, would we rather have another shot at LSU and the most annoying drunk bastard fans to ever grace a stadium for the title game loss in '03/'04. This would be a game in which OU slaps Les Miles in his idiotic mouth, just because he deserves it.

While I would love nothing more than to beat LSU by 50 in the Superdome (are they really going to let the Superdome continue to host a BCS game?), I would rather not play a NC game or even a BCS game as a visitor any more.
So give us SC this year in New Orleans.
Then we'll take LSU next year for #9.

wishbonesooner
9/11/2007, 11:35 AM
Heck, we'll play 'em both. We can kick ole Lester in the afternoon, have a sandwich and grape Nehi, then kick USC that night. Bring 'em both on!

deweydw
9/11/2007, 11:39 AM
Heck, we'll play 'em both. We can kick ole Lester in the afternoon, have a sandwich and grape Nehi, then kick USC that night. Bring 'em both on!

Don't forget the moonpie for dessert.

MextheBulldog
9/11/2007, 11:58 AM
Or, would we rather have another shot at LSU and the most annoying drunk bastard fans to ever grace a stadium for the title game loss in '03/'04.

now that's a hot sports opinion..

Partial Qualifier
9/11/2007, 12:52 PM
Do we really want to play LSU @ LSU again? I want USC.

The Maestro
9/11/2007, 01:06 PM
Do we really want to play LSU @ LSU again? I want USC.

What he said...I'm tired of playing teams in their backyard for the title.

hgarmorer
9/11/2007, 01:25 PM
What he said...I'm tired of playing teams in their backyard for the title.
Yeah but unlike most schools, at least we are playing for them.

The Maestro
9/11/2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah but unlike most schools, at least we are playing for them.

True...but losing them really sucks, so I prefer it not becoming harder by being in their backyards.

cheezyq
9/11/2007, 01:31 PM
I work with an LSU fan who talks some pretty good trash (mostly friendly banter, though), so it'd be nice to go into their own backyard and kick their teeth in. That said, spanking the University of Spoiled Children would be awfully nice, too.

This is where we need a playoff system. Then we won't have to choose. :)

hgarmorer
9/11/2007, 01:31 PM
I see what you mean. I got stationed at Barksdale AFB (Shreveport) in Oct 03. I didn't see or meet one LSU fan until after the game in Jan. Let me tell you how many "longtime Tiger fans that have always rooted for the Bayou Bengals" came out after we were "destroyed" by LSU. Really sucked living there.

Dan Thompson
9/11/2007, 01:38 PM
USC

David Booty, USC QB, is ranked 30th in passing efficiency?

There are a lot of USC FAIR WEATHER FANS out here also.

OU 4 Life
9/11/2007, 01:46 PM
A little OT, but have they announced the time of the OU-Texas game? I keep seeing 7:00 p.m.(please let this be right. Not 11:00 a.m.) at online ticket outlets.

cheezyq
9/11/2007, 01:53 PM
LOL. It's almost like K-State or Patriots fans. They're the same kind of people who are now Boise State fans. I lived in Wichita for most of my life, and I never met a K-State football fan until they recorded their first winning season in decades back in 1991. All of a sudden they were "rabid, loyal" fans that had been there since the dawn of time. :rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2007, 01:54 PM
suc will fall short. tigerbaits will run the table, and we'll face Leslie's punks in the SB!

RedstickSooner
9/12/2007, 12:07 PM
Tickets will be about $1,000 cheaper if were to play SUC than if we played LSU.

That being said, I just hope we enter conference play undefeated. If that happens, I'll then hope we enter the RRS undefeated. Then I hope we beat the fudge out of Tejas. Etc.

stoopified
9/12/2007, 12:11 PM
While I would love nothing more than to beat LSU by 50 in the Superdome (are they really going to let the Superdome continue to host a BCS game?), I would rather not play a NC game or even a BCS game as a visitor any more.
So give us SC this year in New Orleans.
Then we'll take LSU next year for #9.
Works for me.

kevpks
9/12/2007, 12:36 PM
I would rather play Penn St. or Wisconsin. Either of those teams could go undefeated in a weak Big 10.

OklaPony
9/12/2007, 02:38 PM

I'd really rather have USC to bust up in New Orleans. I realize, of course, that this kind of talk is WAY out of line considering all the things that have to happen between now and then, but as long as we're talking about dream matchups, I want to see our boys avenge that embarassment of TGOWWDNS. Also, LSU in the Big Sleazy is a home game for them and I found that there were a great number of drunk coon-asses that were absolutely disgusting, both before and after the event. The one TD loss, while painful, was at least a hard-fought and close battle than we came up short on, while TGOWWDNS was pretty much beyond description.
I hate quoting myself but this was from a thread that was up a few days ago and I'm too damn lazy to type it all again. :D

On the drunken bastage subject, I still think FS-Who circa January 1981 takes the big prize. That was one disgusting bunch of pukes.

SoonerSinger3
9/12/2007, 03:09 PM
I would rather play Penn St. or Wisconsin. Either of those teams could go undefeated in a weak Big 10.

i'd rather play penn st or wisconsin too because we would kill either one of those teams...they don't have the speed to beat us

cjames317
9/12/2007, 04:35 PM
Bring on Texas....

My sentiment exactly. Clear out the locals from the Quarter, fill it with Sooners and horns, and let us relive the days on Commerce St.