PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Heisman Watch: Updated September 11

Ardmore_Sooner
9/11/2007, 10:00 AM
Bradford gettin' some love from ESPN! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman07/index

sooneron
9/11/2007, 10:06 AM
Great jorb ESPiN! When you click on Bradford, App State's qb page comes up!

thatmediadude
9/11/2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, Armanti Edwards is the player that pops up...weird.

Lipton Tea Bags
9/11/2007, 10:08 AM
Malcolm Kelly should be getting more attention in the Heisman race.

1890MilesToNorman
9/11/2007, 10:19 AM
AD proved a Freshman can't win the thing! It's sad but true and they won't vote for Bradford either. I would love to see him win it but history ain't in his favor.

usmc-sooner
9/11/2007, 10:22 AM
Kelly is the only legit Heisman candidate we have right now. I think if Patrick would've been healthy to start the year there might be a little talk thrown his way.

oupride
9/11/2007, 10:25 AM
Malcolm Kelly should be getting more attention in the Heisman race.

agree

fadada1
9/11/2007, 10:25 AM
they should be flogged for putting booty on there. dude did SQUAT against idaho.

freakin' morons.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 10:26 AM
oh man this makes me laugh

2. Brian Brohm, Louisville.
Makes me smile when I interview him because he has the nature and looks of Opie. Makes me think of Peyton Manning when he puts on the headgear

Didn't know how a kid interviews mattered so much in being the "best" player in college football :rolleyes:

1890MilesToNorman
9/11/2007, 10:38 AM
Here is the page that should come up when you click on "Sam Bradford" (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188934).

Check out the projected line, at his current rate he will have over 3400 yds passing, 48 TD's and 0 Int's. That would be one impressive season.

stoopified
9/11/2007, 11:10 AM
Malcolm Kelly should be getting more attention in the Heisman race.BUt he's the succ compared to Bowman :D

cheezyq
9/11/2007, 12:50 PM
Great jorb ESPiN! When you click on Bradford, App State's qb page comes up!

Are you honestly expecting ESPN's panel of experts/voters to know the difference between the two? :)

Stoop Dawg
9/11/2007, 01:45 PM
Nice to see him get some attention, but let's be honest. He hasn't played a top 25 team yet.

Boomer.....
9/11/2007, 02:00 PM
Nice to see him get some attention, but let's be honest. He hasn't played a top 25 team yet.
No, but Miami was ranked 28th with a top 5 ranked defense.

Stoop Dawg
9/11/2007, 03:26 PM
No, but Miami was ranked 28th with a top 5 ranked defense.

And?

Miami was ranked 28 and their defense was ranked top 5 (taking your word for it). Let's see how they look at the end of the year. Maybe that win will end up looking very impressive, maybe not.

Look, I'm not bagging on Bradford. Hell, I'm as excited about him as the next guy. But to be on a Heisman list I would think one would need to have at least played a top 25 opponent - if not this year then in a previous year. Dude seems to have some talent, and it's nice to see him get some recognition for it. All I'm saying is let's keep it realistic. He's a frosh who has played 2 games against unknown talent (meaning we don't really know how good those teams really are yet).

Bah, forget it, why am I being a buzzkill?

Bradford for Heisman!!!

kevpks
9/11/2007, 03:33 PM
they should be flogged for putting booty on there. dude did SQUAT against idaho.

freakin' morons.

"Booty will be in New York as the representative of the program." I heard this BS while watching one of the games last week. I don't remember who said it though. It is hard to tell all the generic commentaors apart these days.

The Maestro
9/11/2007, 03:43 PM

True, but please list off the top 25 teams that Colt Brennan, Brian Brohm, Pat White, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice and John David Booty have played.

TIA.

;)

Look, it is stupid to talk about this right now, but, if anything, notice to skill position players wanting to decide where to go to school. Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley and Brandon Jones...in the league. Jason White and Josh Heupel--Heisman winner and finalist. AD--Heisman runner up and big payday. Roy and Teddy...Tommie, Dusty and others. Hell, barring injuries about 15-20 guys from the past five or six years would be in the NFL, if not more. OU is now a football factory again...for our enjoyment and for a payday for those who want to make a career in football.