PDA

View Full Version : I'm proud of the Sooners in the stands!!!

Readyfor8
9/11/2007, 02:29 AM
Just got done watching the OU/Miami game and I did not see one upside down hook'em. Couple that with the absence of Horsepig's at the games and I am one happy camper!

Way to go Sooners, oh and did I mention we are 2-0 yea thats nice too... :D

Harry Beanbag
9/11/2007, 06:20 AM
I did see one Texas Sucks shirt.

OKC-SLC
9/11/2007, 07:46 AM
RF8--how loud did the crowd seem, especially on the fumble return and the goal line defensive stand on the north endzone where MU finally scored?

Jewstin
9/11/2007, 07:58 AM
On the fumble return, the crowd was ABSOLUTELY BONKERS. Everyone jumping, hollering ... it was glorious.

Crowd was about the loudest I've heard it since I've been here in the first half/part of third quarter (I enrolled fall of '04, so I missed the Oklahoma State game in '03 and, naturally, Nebraska in 2000). Really surprising considering the early start/hungover state if half the stadium. ;)

soonernation
9/11/2007, 08:07 AM
I did see one Texas Sucks shirt.

Well Texas DOES suck.

CtheB
9/11/2007, 08:10 AM
My favorite was the "Same Ole Hurricanes" chant that came out of our section after the late hit on Bradford. Other than that, fairly courteous but rowdy crowd I thought.

Kind of like when two kids got ready to fight in school, and one was your best friend. I mean, you really wanted to hate the other kid, but he got his a$$ beat so bad, you kind of felt sorry for him.

oupride
9/11/2007, 08:33 AM
My favorite was the "Same Ole Hurricanes" chant that came out of our section after the late hit on Bradford.

What was eerie about that late hit was it was in the same area where Aikman went down. My breath was taken out of me until I saw Bradford standing on the field again. Thank Goodness!

AZOUFan
9/11/2007, 08:43 AM
You should have watched it on TV, there were plenty of upside down hook 'ems being displayed by the fans in front of the cameras.

Open Letter:

Look guys, I love you, and I appreciate the fact that you are at the game and I'm not. I love the fact that you support our guys in person. But until you also start chanting "Go Navy" or some other absolutely irrelevant thing every time a camera is in your face, keep your index finger pointed up and your pinky tucked in with your other fingers as you indicate that the Sooners are #1. That is until that one single week, when you can make as many upside down hook 'ems as you please.

That is all...

Sean

TexasLidig8r
9/11/2007, 08:48 AM
It's ok.. Japorkie Lane gave the upside down hook em after aggy squirreled out its win over the Mighty Bulldogs of Fresno State.

Now.. if only we could get you guys to stop mucking up the national anthem. :mad:

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:53 AM
I didn't see THAT MANY upside down whorn signs.

IronSooner
9/11/2007, 09:45 AM
I saw some upside-down Miami signs...that surprised me.

SCOUT
9/11/2007, 10:30 AM
RF8--how loud did the crowd seem, especially on the fumble return and the goal line defensive stand on the north endzone where MU finally scored?
I was in that endzone at it was crazy loud for the goal line stand.

It was the first OU game my brother attended and he was thoroughly impressed with the crowd noise :)

OKC-SLC
9/11/2007, 11:04 AM
I was in that endzone at it was crazy loud for the goal line stand.

It was the first OU game my brother attended and he was thoroughly impressed with the crowd noise :)
I was in that endzone as well. It was about as loud as I've been around. Seemed like the team and fans all appreciated how absolutely HUGE a stop there would have been.

And if Walker turns around on that second pass interference call (and hence avoids the call), I think that place would have exploded.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2007, 11:18 AM
It's NOW time for the upside-down whookem sign!!!

sooneron
9/11/2007, 11:20 AM
It's NOW time for the upside-down whookem sign!!!
:confused:

Is there a head shaking smilie?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2007, 11:33 AM
:confused:

Is there a head shaking smilie?It IS now the time for said gesture. After the whorn game is over, NOT the time.

Taxman71
9/11/2007, 12:51 PM
As annoying the upside down whorn is when you are not playing tejas, I still want to torture the guy who starts the oooooossssssuuuuu chant. I passed him after the game and wanted to get in his grill, but I had family with me.....man, I hate that guy.

Sooner98
9/11/2007, 01:01 PM
It's good to know that not too many upside-down hook em's were spotted on Saturday. However, the thousands of idiots who yell "Home of the Sooners" don't appear to be going anywhere, anytime soon.

TexasLidig8r
9/11/2007, 01:52 PM
It IS now the time for said gesture. After the whorn game is over, NOT the time.

It's always the time to help fill our coffers.

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2007/09/11/TopStories/Ut.Banking.On.Antagonism.Of.Ou.Rivalry-2960933.shtml

Taxman71
9/11/2007, 02:01 PM
That extra $12,000/yr doesn't even cover the annual bailbonds expense for your defense.

Animal Mother
9/11/2007, 02:23 PM
A couple of questions, rhetorically really, since I went to OU in the 70s and don’t feel any need to ask how I’m allowed to express my support for the Sooners.
At least I’m told I attended. There maybe records at the Cleveland County jail to prove me right.
Are the folks where I live south of the Red River expected to remove the upside down Texas logo from their vehicles because some on this board deems it inappropriate? Same question about the decals on cars in Oklahomey.
Why waste your time trying to stop Sooner fans from doing the down horns gesture? Trust me, Sooner fans here in Tejas aren’t going to listen. When I see a Sooner fan and give the sign, it’s like the two of us are flipping off any whorns that see us engaging in said ritual. I have a whorn neighbor who has bastardized an OU logo. Am I embarrassed for him? Do I see it as dishonorable? No to both. I see it as funny that it took the whorn fans all this time to come up with it. Have you tried doing the OU sign with your arms to a passing vehicle while you drive home on 1-35 in DFW rush hour traffic? It doesn’t work, trust me.
And is there anyone that buys a licensed whorn sticker that doesn’t realize that UT receives cash from it? Is that the perceived problem? I hope not. I’d be willing to bet the state of Texas gets 1,000,000 times that paltry coin every year from beer sales alone during the RRS.
Just my humble opinion. It’s a long and storied rivalry. It’s how people express their loyalties.

soonersam
9/11/2007, 02:30 PM
You should have watched it on TV, there were plenty of upside down hook 'ems being displayed by the fans in front of the cameras.

Open Letter:

Look guys, I love you, and I appreciate the fact that you are at the game and I'm not. I love the fact that you support our guys in person. But until you also start chanting "Go Navy" or some other absolutely irrelevant thing every time a camera is in your face, keep your index finger pointed up and your pinky tucked in with your other fingers as you indicate that the Sooners are #1. That is until that one single week, when you can make as many upside down hook 'ems as you please.

That is all...

Sean

Yeah.... What he said!!!!

silverwheels
9/11/2007, 02:34 PM
As annoying the upside down whorn is when you are not playing tejas, I still want to torture the guy who starts the oooooossssssuuuuu chant. I passed him after the game and wanted to get in his grill, but I had family with me.....man, I hate that guy.

Yeah, that guy is a loser. He was about a section away from me. I said very loudly, "What the hell are you doing? We aren't even playing OSU!" Nearly everyone around me was doing it. I tried my best to ignore it and watch the game, but then the idiots applauded that stupid ******* when it was over. You have got to be kidding me.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 02:54 PM
A couple of questions, rhetorically really, since I went to OU in the 70s and don’t feel any need to ask how I’m allowed to express my support for the Sooners.
At least I’m told I attended. There maybe records at the Cleveland County jail to prove me right.
Are the folks where I live south of the Red River expected to remove the upside down Texas logo from their vehicles because some on this board deems it inappropriate? Same question about the decals on cars in Oklahomey.
Why waste your time trying to stop Sooner fans from doing the down horns gesture? Trust me, Sooner fans here in Tejas aren’t going to listen. When I see a Sooner fan and give the sign, it’s like the two of us are flipping off any whorns that see us engaging in said ritual. I have a whorn neighbor who has bastardized an OU logo. Am I embarrassed for him? Do I see it as dishonorable? No to both. I see it as funny that it took the whorn fans all this time to come up with it. Have you tried doing the OU sign with your arms to a passing vehicle while you drive home on 1-35 in DFW rush hour traffic? It doesn’t work, trust me.
And is there anyone that buys a licensed whorn sticker that doesn’t realize that UT receives cash from it? Is that the perceived problem? I hope not. I’d be willing to bet the state of Texas gets 1,000,000 times that paltry coin every year from beer sales alone during the RRS.
Just my humble opinion. It’s a long and storied rivalry. It’s how people express their loyalties.

perhaps, but then again I think being a member of "The University of I Hate Texas" is about as stupid as Texas moran saying that OU is "The University of Texas at Norman" because of how many players we have from the state of Texas.

NormanPride
9/11/2007, 03:11 PM
I laugh a lot at the OSU guy. But then again, I laugh at idiots a lot anyway.

The crowd was pretty damn nuts. The Northies were in full force during the goal line stand, and there was a ton of noise during the fumble return. I still say OSU 2003 was louder. I don't think human ears register noise above that level.

Animal Mother
9/11/2007, 03:21 PM
If you think the down horns means that, then I can see your point. We always did it when I was a student. Maybe it's worse now because every game is on the teewee? Back in the covered wagon days, OU was only allowed 3-4 games on the tube per year. Hard to fathom, I know.
When texazz fans say we're the UTAN, I just say we apparently have the texazz high school players that were given a choice.
You call it stupid (I didn’t call anyone that disagreed stupid) and I call it irritating to whorn fans. I’ve never had a Sooner on this side of the Red wave me off. I did it to some Sooner fans I let change lanes in front of me at Western Center & I-35 Friday on their way to the Miami game. They went wild. I can’t do a highway patrol turn-about to show them my tag border or rear windshield. Give me another way to let a Sooner know I’m a Sooner while driving and I’ll mull it over.

Taxman71
9/11/2007, 03:22 PM
The north endzone (where I sit) is always the loudest. Now, don't expect a lot this week, but it always rises for the big games.

I still just wish someone would knock the osu guy into the tunnel below.

soonermeteor
9/11/2007, 06:21 PM
My friends and I lost our voices during the goal line stand. We were only a couple rows back centered right on the line.