PDA

View Full Version : After further review....

oupride
9/11/2007, 12:03 AM
Was anybody else as irritated as me with the officials reviewing the Touchdowns AFTER the points had been placed on the board Saturday? I understand if there is a challenge, but gee whiz what was up with that?? :confused: I am talking specifically about the Sooners 1st (M. Kelly) and 3rd (R. Smith) TDs. Somebody please enlighten me or give your thoughts.

critical_phil
9/11/2007, 12:06 AM
what? they reviewed the plays and made the right call. what is there to be irritated about?

isn't that much better than having them review something and then make the wrong call?

setem
9/11/2007, 12:08 AM
booo not FIRST!!!

The 1st MK td was questionable. I think he was in before it got stripped...I also see things through the most crimson of classes!

That fumble recovery however was not questionable at all I saw that thing pop out well before he went down. John Williams put his helmet right on the ball it was POY - FECT!!!

They just wanted to be all drama about things!

goingoneight
9/11/2007, 12:10 AM
I gotta be honest, that MK touchdown could go either way. That was about as close as close can get. Although giving us the ball on the 1-inch line with five good running backs and the thickest OL in the country would have resulted in a quick 6, anyway.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2007, 12:17 AM
I'm cool with it as long as the review results in the right call.

And as much as the delays **** me off, I'm disappointed by the pressure on the replay guys to be so quick about it. Some calls really deserve a very close look from all the angles no matter how long it takes. A longer game beats the hell outta having to bitch about a call for years.

Shneeg11
9/11/2007, 01:08 AM
I gotta be honest, that MK touchdown could go either way. That was about as close as close can get. Although giving us the ball on the 1-inch line with five good running backs and the thickest OL in the country would have resulted in a quick 6, anyway.

I'm pretty sure either the ball went out the back of the endzone for a touchback, or a Miami player picked it up, so no points

Frozen Sooner
9/11/2007, 01:10 AM
I'm pretty sure either the ball went out the back of the endzone for a touchback, or a Miami player picked it up, so no points

Yep. It would have been Miami ball at the 20.

oumartin
9/11/2007, 02:36 AM
It was a bad call, that was an incomplete pass is what it was, he never controlled it but who am I to question an official.

Seamus
9/11/2007, 03:38 AM
They just wanted to be all drama about things!

I think they just wanted to do their jobs correctly.

soonerboomer93
9/11/2007, 04:24 AM
Was anybody else as irritated as me with the officials reviewing the Touchdowns AFTER the points had been placed on the board Saturday? I understand if there is a challenge, but gee whiz what was up with that?? :confused: I am talking specifically about the Sooners 1st (M. Kelly) and 3rd (R. Smith) TDs. Somebody please enlighten me or give your thoughts.

probably because the scorekeeper puts the points up as soon as the score is signaled...

Just like they fire the shotguns as soon as the score is signaled...

swardboy
9/11/2007, 06:31 AM
I'm thinking we're lucky on the Kelly call in that no angle on the replay could conclusively overturn the ruling on the field. I hope Malcolm doesn't assume the td from now on until he's well over the goal line.

tigepilot
9/11/2007, 07:00 AM
I had a hard time understanding them reviewing whether or not it was a fumble. If they determined it was a fumble then that means they would have to come up with something to happen after they blew the whistle for the touchdown... kinda like when a guy fumbles as he's going down and the refs call that he was down and blows the whistle. Replay may show that he was not really down but since the whistle was blown they can't change it.

Now if they were reviewing whether or not he caught the pass, that would make more sense to me.

That being said, it did look to me like he did catch it and then he did fumble it before he went into the endzone but as I'm watching on TV I don't remember seeing one replay at the goal line so not great angles. Either way it didn't effect the outcome of the game.

CtheB
9/11/2007, 08:06 AM

Savage's TD on the first play against Texas in 1999. Even closer.

oupride
9/11/2007, 08:29 AM
probably because the scorekeeper puts the points up as soon as the score is signaled...

Just like they fire the shotguns as soon as the score is signaled...

Okay thanks, soonerboomer. I guess the questions is: If its not challenged WHY review the play at all? Fact: the refs on the field signaled Touchdown. There was no hesitation on their part. It just seems to me that its "second guessing" by somebody. And the second guessing undermines the decisions of those on the field that are supposed to make that decision.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/11/2007, 08:45 AM
i think OU got away with one on the first Kelly TD... I know you all do to..

stoopified
9/11/2007, 11:44 AM
what? they reviewed the plays and made the right call. what is there to be irritated about?

isn't that much better than having them review something and then make the wrong call?
EXACTLY.I don't care how many plays they review as long as they get it RIGHT.Personally I thinkthe officiating gods OWE us two calls AT LEAST.

TopDawg
9/11/2007, 11:49 AM
I had a hard time understanding them reviewing whether or not it was a fumble. If they determined it was a fumble then that means they would have to come up with something to happen after they blew the whistle for the touchdown... kinda like when a guy fumbles as he's going down and the refs call that he was down and blows the whistle. Replay may show that he was not really down but since the whistle was blown they can't change it.

Now if they were reviewing whether or not he caught the pass, that would make more sense to me.

Yeah. They couldn't have made it a fumble, only an incompletion.

But as for being upset about the fact they were replaying it...no way. Why?

Q: What's better than scoring a touchdown once?
A: Scoring it twice. Especially against Miami.