PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Week Reality Check: OSU Cowboys

SoonerBOI
9/10/2007, 09:24 PM
I've posted this before, just for fun here's a reality check for our friendly neighbor. According to the board they will go to the Rose Bowl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan
Here's how I think the season unfolds and how OSU gets into the Rose Bowl:

OSU 51 Georgia 24 - What many thought would be an OSU defeat or at least a close game turned into a complete blowout and a no contest for the Cowboys. Georgia's turmoil off the field was nothing compared to the offensive onslaught the Cowboys put on the Bulldogs. The aerial attack of Bobby Reid to Adarius Bowman (11 catches for 169 yards and four touchdowns) and the running of Reid (10 carries for 115 yards and two touchdowns) and Dantrell Savage (24 carries for 195 yards) was just too much for overmatched Bulldogs.

Reality - UGA 35 - POKED 14, not so competitive humiliation in Athens.
OSU does not crack the Top 25 in any poll but shows up at 28th in the AP and Coaches' Polls.

Reality - THE GREATEST OFFENSE IN THE WORLD DID NOT CRACK THE TOP 25.

OSU 35 Florida Atlantic 21 - As beautiful as the Georgia win was, the Florida Atlantic game was just plain ugly. A game some thought OSU could match the temperature (92 degrees) scorewise was a turnover disaster. Eight turnovers kept Florida Atlantic in the game until a late 60-yard TD burst by Savage put the game away for the Cowboys.

OSU goes 2-0 but little respect in the polls as OSU creeps to 26th in the AP poll and 27th in the Coaches' Poll.

Reality - POKED 40 - FAU 6, QB controversy and all. Poked is now ranked 41st by CFN and most polls. OSU is 1-1

OSU 49 Troy 0 - The whole nation read about Gundy's tirade during practice the Wednesday before the Troy game. His screaming at the players and the throwing of one of the player's helmet into the stands must have got the players' attention because the team played their best game both offensively and defensively. Special teams and the wind kept Troy penned deep in their territory most of the game and when Troy did threaten to score - a sack by Derek Burton in the 3rd quarter ended one drive and an interception and 35-yard return by Perrish Cox ended the last threat late in the 4th quarter. Both Reid and Bowman have impressive performances but Dantrell Savage made ESPN's Top 10 plays with a dazzling 86-yard run in which Savage ran through seven tackle attempts to score in the 2nd quarter.

OSU is now ranked 22nd in both polls.

OSU 56 Tech 42 - In one of the most entertaining games of the year so far, the Cowboys outlast the Red Raiders as the second of two successful fake field goal attempts for OSU goes for a touchdown as Jason Ricks runs the ball 30 yards in. Ricks TD gave OSU a three touchdown lead with 4:32 to go in the game but Tech scores in three plays and gets the ball back with an onside kick. An interception by Martel Van Zant sealed Tech's fate as OSU took over on Tech's 42-yard line and ran out the last two minutes. After the game, both Gundy and Deforest admitted they didn't call for a second fake field goal. Said Ricks "Oops, my bad!" with a grin.

OSU moves up to 17 in the AP poll and 18 in the Coaches' poll.

OSU 77 Sam Houston State 0 - A 49-point lead at halftime kept the starters on the bench and gave the reserves playing time in the second half. OSU threw no passes in the second half and didn't need to as the running of Toston (16 carries for 189 yards, 3 TDS) and Crosslin (12 carries for 96 yards, 2 TDS) was too much for the visitors.

OSU now rises to 16th in both polls. Experts point to OSU's visit to Aggieville as the next test in seeing "how good those Cowboys really are."

OSU 55 A&M 24 - What was billed as a quarterback duel between Bobby Reid and Stephen McGee turned out to be the Dantrell Savage show. Savage ran for 232 yards and five touchdowns as OSU rolled over 4-2 A&M. OSU was trailing A&M 14-6 early in the second quarter when Savage broke for a 72-yard TD run on OSU's third series. An A&M fumble on the ensuing kickoff gave OSU the ball on A&M's 39-yard line and it took one play as Savage outran A&M's pursuit around the right side down the sideline giving OSU the lead in the game for good. Savage was Big12 and National Player of the Week and rumor is Dean Blevins sharted in his pants when he heard the final score.

Moving into Week 7 the undefeated Cowboys, No. 12 in the AP Poll and No. 13 in the Coaches' Poll faced its toughest test against the undefeated No. 5 ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers. A national tv audience watched on as the Cowboys and Cornhuskers battled it out, but for our Cowboys a perfect game is naught and a clipping penalty negated Perrish Cox's kickoff return deep into Nebraska territory. OSU managed to get into field goal territory due to an incredible catch and run by Bowman but Jason Ricks 42-yard attempt is partially blocked and falls short. NU 24 OSU 21

The loss only drops OSU two places in the polls as ou fans send a mixture of congratulations and flames for the close loss.

So, how would the Cowboys respond and play Homecoming weekend against the Kansas State Wildcats? The Wildcats came into the game with a 2-4 record losing their last three games (Texas, Kansas and Colorado) but they have talent. Whatever hangover from the Nebraska OSU had, it was eliminated on a late hit on Bobby Reid late in the 1st quarter. The 15-yard penalty not only gave OSU 1st and ten in KSU territory but it sparked the crowd and the team. OSU put up 21 points in the 2nd quarter on two Reid to Bowman bombs and one pass to a wide open Brandon Pettigrew down the middle. OSU cruised from there for a 45-16 victory.

Texas came to Stillwater for a Top 15 matchup and a possible Big12 South title on the line. A regional tv audience watched as Texas scored the first 21 points on two long drives and a fumble recovery and a return off a rare Bowman fumble. OSU kicked two field goals before ending the first half with a Zac Reynolds reverse option pass to Hubert Anyiam 20-yards behind the coverage. The two-point conversion kept OSU just one touchdown behind at the half 21-14. A successful onside kick gave OSU the possession in Texas territory and all the momentum to take the game away from the Longhorns. OSU would outscore the Longhorns 24-14 and hold off a late Texas drive for a 38-35 victory. The goalposts came down as were most of the ou fans' spirits as they thought their Red River rival would put OSU in its place.

The Cowboys break into the Top 10 in both polls as the 10th ranked Cowboys host KU on Senior Day. No letdown for these boys as they whip the Jayhawks 49-17. An OSU offensive total of 634 yards for the game vs KU's 267 showed the OSU defense was improving. Bowman is one of the finalists for the Biletnikoff Award and Savage's season totals of 1,263 yards and 12 touchdowns gets him Heisman mention for the third week in a row.

OSU traveled to Waco for a home away from home game against the Bears as almost 20,000 orange clad OSU fans showed up to cheer on their Cowboys. The team didn't disappoint and although some thought this would be a difficult game with ou on the horizon. OSU pounded the hapless Bears 65-20. Guy Morriss was so livid after the game he got in a pushing match with Gundy. One reporter asked Coach Gundy, "What did he say to you?" Gundy responded, "There are ladies in the room. No comment."

Morriss continued his whining on the Big 12 Coaches Call In Show on Monday but all eyes and ears were on Gundy and Bob Stoops as ****** renewed on Saturday. No team had scored more than 21 points on the sooner defense all year and although the OU offense was led by a rookie quarterback the OU offense had started to come on in the last three games. One reporter from Channel 9 asked Bob Stoops if he thought OSU could score 60 points on his team's nationally ranked defense (in reference to the OSU/BU score.) Stoops laughed and said, "I'd like to see them try!" Oh, my. OSU rocked the sooner nation 68-28. A halfback pass by Dantrell Savage for a touchdown. A flea-flicker pass to Bowman for a 79-yard touchdown bomb. Bobby Reid ran for three TDs. Savage ran for two more. You get the idea. Cowboys took the challenge and stuffed it down Bob Stoops' and the sooner nation's throat!!!

OSU, now ranked 6th in both polls, faced Nebraska for the right to play LSU for the national championship in New Orleans. Nebraska undefeated would beat OSU 35-28 as a late drive stalled in OSU territory and all OSU could do was watch the Huskers run out the clock. The consolation prize for OSU was an invitation to the Rose Bowl to play the No. 12 10-2 UCLA Bruins.

Post-season honors included Adarius Bowman named consensus All-American and winner of the Biletnikoff Award. Mike Gundy was named Big 12 Coach of the Year. Dantrell Savage, along with Bowman, Derek Burton and Matt Fodge were All Big 12 with Van Zant, Reid and Andre Sexton 2nd team All Big 12. Dantrell Savage finished eighth in the Heisman and was named All-American by FWAA.

Go Pokes!

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 09:29 PM
did an OSU fan really type all that bs?

kevpks
9/10/2007, 09:31 PM
"Morriss continued his whining on the Big 12 Coaches Call In Show on Monday but all eyes and ears were on Gundy and Bob Stoops as ****** renewed on Saturday. No team had scored more than 21 points on the sooner defense all year and although the OU offense was led by a rookie quarterback the OU offense had started to come on in the last three games. One reporter from Channel 9 asked Bob Stoops if he thought OSU could score 60 points on his team's nationally ranked defense (in reference to the OSU/BU score.) Stoops laughed and said, "I'd like to see them try!" Oh, my. OSU rocked the sooner nation 68-28. A halfback pass by Dantrell Savage for a touchdown. A flea-flicker pass to Bowman for a 79-yard touchdown bomb. Bobby Reid ran for three TDs. Savage ran for two more. You get the idea. Cowboys took the challenge and stuffed it down Bob Stoops' and the sooner nation's throat!!!"

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiptonsooner
9/10/2007, 09:33 PM
This man needs to be put on medication.

SoonerBOI
9/10/2007, 09:39 PM
yes, sir!
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96666

auto
9/10/2007, 09:41 PM
Cocaine's a helluva drug

JohnnyMack
9/10/2007, 09:42 PM
If osu ever scores 68 points on us in Norman, I'll just go ahead and kill myself.

Crimsontothecore
9/10/2007, 09:47 PM
I knew it had to be Orangepower.com before I looked. Retarded kid sisters..geesh:rolleyes:

Stitch Face
9/10/2007, 09:50 PM
Sleep! That's where I'm a viking!

proudsoonergal
9/10/2007, 09:53 PM
No team had scored more than 21 points on the sooner defense all year...

This guy is a GENIUS!!!!

A Sooner in Texas
9/10/2007, 09:55 PM
This man needs to be put on medication.

I think he already is.

Stupid chokes.

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2007, 10:31 PM
Don't be surprised if Troy gets the upset this Friday.

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 10:44 PM
i'd laugh for a week.

hink4769
9/10/2007, 10:55 PM
more funny stuff from orangepower.com

Re: OSU Haters Are Smiling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooners are now aware that OSU has the resources to compete.

We're not there yet, but we'll soon pass OU with our facilities and athletic village.
We'll be the talk of the nation -- not OU -- and that bother's them.

They're like the jealous, little child actor that's had all of this attention, but there's a new kid in town and "his" attention is now being shared.

tommieharris91
9/10/2007, 11:00 PM
It's always fun to lurk and laugh at what they have to say. Sadly for them, we have been getting these shiny new "trophy" things to show our recruits.

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 11:01 PM
That's the biggest load of jackassery I've ever heard.

Those people really are stupid...Do they honestly think they need to give us more reasons to make fun of them?

ouwasp
9/10/2007, 11:04 PM
Ugly thought that crossed my mind:

How many orgasms did that poor misguided soul enjoy while composing such tripe?

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 11:10 PM
1 less that his dad did conceiving him with his sister.

KantoSooner
9/11/2007, 12:57 AM
Sometime I gripe at the end of the day about the stupidity I've encountered and how it detracted from what needed to get done.

And then I encounter truly breathtaking, dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers stupidity, and I'm reminded just how blessed my life is. OSUfan and OStateman are due our undying gratitude for showing us just how lucky we are.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2007, 01:15 AM
Well said!

goingoneight
9/11/2007, 01:29 AM
Speaking of hjow important OSU is...

I like tacos.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2007, 01:47 AM
Wow I don't think I could write up something that detailed about a season that actually happened let alone one that is fictional. It was almost as entertaining as the Da Vinci Code...albeit ALOT less probable.

He should have put a foreword. The teams and when they play are known fact.

Zing
9/11/2007, 02:08 AM
Wow I don't think I could write up something that detailed about a season that actually happened let alone one that is fictional. It was almost as entertaining as the Da Vinci Code...albeit ALOT less probable.

He should have put a foreword. The teams and when they play are known fact.

The names and places have been changed to protect the innocent. And the events. And game results. And most of the points. Oh, and the yardages, percentage completions, and turnovers. And the significance of certain schools.

I think we've moved entirely into the Twilight Zone here.

Seamus
9/11/2007, 03:49 AM

Not without a tutor.

Jacie
9/11/2007, 06:43 AM
You gotta wonder how it is these guys are able to walk around without a leash sometimes but after thinking about it, they really do a credible job of managing to blend in without too much . . . leakage.

Okay, the animal husbandry major posted his fantasy season in December 2006. That gave him 8 months to hold onto the notion that it could actually come to pass. Reality set in from the first game, the Dawgs saw to that, but the season will only last 4 months. From the aggie's POV, he is on top of the world 2/3 of the time. Hard (for him) to argue the logic of that!

soonerloyal
9/11/2007, 06:49 AM
Morriss continued his whining on the Big 12 Coaches Call In Show on Monday but all eyes and ears were on Gundy and Bob Stoops as ****** renewed on Saturday. No team had scored more than 21 points on the sooner defense all year and although the OU offense was led by a rookie quarterback the OU offense had started to come on in the last three games. One reporter from Channel 9 asked Bob Stoops if he thought OSU could score 60 points on his team's nationally ranked defense (in reference to the OSU/BU score.) Stoops laughed and said, "I'd like to see them try!" Oh, my. OSU rocked the sooner nation 68-28. A halfback pass by Dantrell Savage for a touchdown. A flea-flicker pass to Bowman for a 79-yard touchdown bomb. Bobby Reid ran for three TDs. Savage ran for two more. You get the idea. Cowboys took the challenge and stuffed it down Bob Stoops' and the sooner nation's throat!!!

This fantasy was no doubt spawned by a photoshopped picture of a semi-nude :les: and a houseful of meth fumes.

I'm all for having a stadium, er, glass half-full hopeful attitude. And it's their board, they can write whatever they like. But when you put that kind of stuff out there for everyone to read, don't be surprised when people out of your fanbase laugh themselves into a stupor over every word.

CtheB
9/11/2007, 08:15 AM
That really is an awesome synopsis of the season, and it's like herpes to this guy, it just keeps coming back to haunt him, time and time again. Read the whole article, his idiocy is only beginning. This will provide us great laughs all the way through the season.

OUDoc
9/11/2007, 09:01 AM
Pathetic. I hope he was only joking.

KantoSooner
9/11/2007, 09:12 AM
It puts me in mind of those Maya glyphs, describing battles that no one has heard about:

23Rabbit went to Teos and slew 16Badger and collected his women and slaves and drove them to Copan. But, on the way, he encountered 65Eagle and.....

You get the point: OSU victories are sort of an archeological thing. ...

OSUAggie
9/11/2007, 09:54 AM
I hope he was only joking.

Sadly, he was not.

He's part of the "new generation" band of OSU fans (that even I ****ing hate). They're full of optimism and sense of entitlement that comes from God knows where. Instead of looking back at the past century of football and coming to the conclusion of, "hmm... We might have some work to do", he skips over everything that does not include the finest that Lookabaugh, Stanley, Johnson and Jones accomplished (which is still not much).

Also, every other program is viewed in their most recent darkest light. Oklahoma's head coach is still John Blake, Texas is being led by John Mackovic, Nebraska by... well, Callahan, etc. Somehow OSU is going to make this magical leap in 1 year to a program that instead of being content with a .500 or better record will now win 95% of the time we play. Also, we will 'pass' (whaever the **** that means) OU and Texas into this magical vineyard of wonderfulness and superliciousville will be so sweet.

Unfortunately, he's about 543,000 bottles of bourbon and 15 years worth of "what the **** was that" losing away from either a mental asylum or a realization that we have a football program that will always struggle to keep our head above water.

CobraKai
9/11/2007, 10:11 AM
If osu ever scores 68 points on us in Norman, I'll just go ahead and kill myself.

If you add up every point they scored in Norman over an entire decade they would get close. The 80s for example had 69 points. 70s had around 70. Shoot, even the lowly 90s resulted in only 55 points scored in Norman.

usmc-sooner
9/11/2007, 10:33 AM
Sadly, he was not.

He's part of the "new generation" band of OSU fans (that even I ****ing hate). They're full of optimism and sense of entitlement that comes from God knows where. Instead of looking back at the past century of football and coming to the conclusion of, "hmm... We might have some work to do", he skips over everything that does not include the finest that Lookabaugh, Stanley, Johnson and Jones accomplished (which is still not much).

Also, every other program is viewed in their most recent darkest light. Oklahoma's head coach is still John Blake, Texas is being led by John Mackovic, Nebraska by... well, Callahan, etc. Somehow OSU is going to make this magical leap in 1 year to a program that instead of being content with a .500 or better record will now win 95% of the time we play. Also, we will 'pass' (whaever the **** that means) OU and Texas into this magical vineyard of wonderfulness and superliciousville will be so sweet.

Unfortunately, he's about 543,000 bottles of bourbon and 15 years worth of "what the **** was that" losing away from either a mental asylum or a realization that we have a football program that will always struggle to keep our head above water.

I can respect anyone who's grounded in reality. If they would just say hey we're working hard to be a top program, it wouldn't bother me one bit. But it's always OU's cheating, we're getting a better facility, were going to pass OU. I don't get the whole pass OU thing. Other than Football and Wrestling the schools athletic teams are pretty even. Yeah We can say our gymnastics team is better and OSU can counter with baseball, and our women's basketball and softball and OSU can counter with Golf and so on and so on.
So honestly what do you think of the likes of Swaim, and Allen. I think they make you guys look bad. And I feel the same about Al Eschbach and James Hale. It's like listening to kids who can't say anything remotely close to being a criticism of their team. Although Al and Hale don't spend nearly as much time berating OSU or hoping they are going on probation as Swaim and Allen do with OU. I've listened to Greg Swaim's show and they don't make it through to one commercial without bring up OU in every segment. If I were an OSU fan I'd be so ticked that we spent so much time worrying about OU.

Kray
9/11/2007, 10:58 AM
I've posted this before, just for fun here's a reality check for our friendly neighbor. According to the board they will go to the Rose Bowl.

It's fun to mock this, but it's not as if all or even very many OSU fans believe it. It's just one delusional guy. Just about every OSU fan in that thread told the guy he was crazy.

stoopified
9/11/2007, 11:38 AM
Cocaine's a helluva drugI think it was corn likker

rufnek05
9/11/2007, 11:42 AM
i made it to here without laughing.

Here's how I think the season unfolds and how OSU gets into the Rose Bowl

oh that was a great work of fiction. had it all. comedy, adventure, romance, an insane plot line. this guy is a great.

RacerX
9/11/2007, 11:47 AM
OSUAggie, thanks for the new location.

OSUAggie
9/11/2007, 12:02 PM
If they would just say hey we're working hard to be a top program, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

To be fair, if that attitude was displayed it would be met with a ****load of cynicism from this side. Perhaps not from you, but from the vast majority.

But it's always OU's cheating, we're getting a better facility, were going to pass OU. I don't get the whole pass OU thing. Other than Football and Wrestling the schools athletic teams are pretty even. Yeah We can say our gymnastics team is better and OSU can counter with baseball, and our women's basketball and softball and OSU can counter with Golf and so on and so on.

I would think the 'pass OU' thing should be taken as a compliment in that the OU football success is something for a lesser program to hope to attain. But I think Gundy has stated multiple times that it's not about OU, but instead about Texas. He realizes that nothing can be done about the past 60 years of success out of Norman that has molded the minds of the majority in this state.

His stance is that OSU needs to be more competitive in Texas. We need to recruit the hell out of Texas, consistently beat Texas teams, and then see where we're at. It appears that his tenure has produced pretty solid results as far as recruiting is concerned within the state of Texas - which is obviously good - but some results need to come on the field to back that up.

I think it's coming, but time will tell on that.

It's not about giving up in the state of Oklahoma, but redirecting the focus to attempt to remove ourselves from the OU shadow and breed a different sense of being within our players and alumni.

(And by consistently beating Texas schools, I mean consistently beating Tech and A&M both in Stillwater and down south, while coming close to holding serve against the 'Horns in Stillwater)

So honestly what do you think of the likes of Swaim, and Allen. I think they make you guys look bad. And I feel the same about Al Eschbach and James Hale. It's like listening to kids who can't say anything remotely close to being a criticism of their team. Although Al and Hale don't spend nearly as much time berating OSU or hoping they are going on probation as Swaim and Allen do with OU. I've listened to Greg Swaim's show and they don't make it through to one commercial without bring up OU in every segment. If I were an OSU fan I'd be so ticked that we spent so much time worrying about OU.

With Swaim, I have mixed feelings. He's like the ultimate sunshine pumper but some of his information turns out to be pretty solid. I only hear Robert when he provides his 'insight' during football broadcasts. He seems like a nice guy, but he's obviously very pro-OSU. I guess if you're on the ledge, they're comforting voices, but other than that I don't have much use.

I'd say Hale is the OU rep who fits their mold, and he does enough OU homer-ism by himself to make up for the Allen/Swaim homer-ism on the other side. Those guys don't really make me think anything about either institution because they're just people trying to do a job that is pretty inexact in its structure, so they can kind of get away with saying ****. If all of them were wrong as much as either side believed, their credibility would be shot and they'd be hunting for a new job.

As far as Al is concerned, I've always thought he was very fair when assessing OSU. Obviously he's going to have more knowledge of the OU program because that's his alma mater and he has always been close with that program. I don't have a problem with that. I think Traber is the same way - especially now with him being as close as he is with Mike and Sean. I think Traber and Al both do an excellent job of being fair.

jaux, I thought it was a moronic statement. That's fine if you wouldn't criticize it, but I thought it was a sad prediction full of inconsistent bull****.

Petro-Sooner
9/11/2007, 12:47 PM
I seriously can not stop laughing!!!

aggie............

HAH

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/11/2007, 01:00 PM
One major problem: OSU IS STILL IN STILLWATER! You can't fix that dump and it isn't near anything. Good luck dumb@$$e$!

usmc-sooner
9/11/2007, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE]To be fair, if that attitude was displayed it would be met with a ****load of cynicism from this side. Perhaps not from you, but from the vast majority.

I don't see how someone could be cynical. It would be the truth. It would sound better than hey we got money, we're getting a new facility. To me it's like trying to force someone to respect you. I don't see how bragging about an indoor facility to someone who has had an indoor facility makes one feel better

I would think the 'pass OU' thing should be taken as a compliment in that the OU football success is something for a lesser program to hope to attain. But I think Gundy has stated multiple times that it's not about OU, but instead about Texas. He realizes that nothing can be done about the past 60 years of success out of Norman that has molded the minds of the majority in this state.

Not a knock on your school but it can't attain what OU has attained. There are only a handfull of teams that have attained that level of success. Notre Dame, OU, Alabama, USC, Nebraska. You can't go back in time and duplicate the success we've had in the 50's 70's 80's. Now this where the new breed of OSU fans lose it because instead of just taking what I've said and thinking about all of sudden I'm bashing OSU which I'm not.

His stance is that OSU needs to be more competitive in Texas. We need to recruit the hell out of Texas, consistently beat Texas teams, and then see where we're at. It appears that his tenure has produced pretty solid results as far as recruiting is concerned within the state of Texas - which is obviously good - but some results need to come on the field to back that up.

I think it's coming, but time will tell on that.
Since the 80's (other than probation) OSU has always had talent but they need talented depth.

It's not about giving up in the state of Oklahoma, but redirecting the focus to attempt to remove ourselves from the OU shadow and breed a different sense of being within our players and alumni.
seems like you guys are do pretty good in Oklahoma, this year alone you'll end up with Staley and maybe Oku

Stoop Dawg
9/11/2007, 01:33 PM
Since OSUaggie seems to be coming clean here, I will too.

I think Pickens CAN buy a good football program in Stillwater. Facilities are important. Star athletes want to be pampered. Rich alumni want lavish sky boxes. Money will definitely help the Cowboy football program. To say otherwise is silly.

But money isn't enough. They need to win. And I'm not sure Gundy is the one who will get it done. Yeah, he's a "company man". But OSU doesn't need a company man, they need a winner. They need a big name to pull in recruits. Pickens should take the Bama approach and agree to spend however much it takes to get <insert big name coach here> to come to OSU. With nice facilities and a big name coach, they can probably get some nice recruits and win some games.

That said, it would take a long, long period of OSU winning and OU losing for the Cowboys to make up any ground in terms of "football tradition" in the state of Oklahoma. I mean, OU won a NC in baseball, but who is the state powerhouse? OU got to the Final Four in basketball more recently than OSU, but who claims "basketball tradition" in this state? One or two or even 5 great seasons doesn't topple the giant.

So yes, OSU could become a "contender" with a little more money and a new coach. But if it's the title of "champion" that they seek, I fear they may be SOL. Pick your battles.

OSUAggie
9/11/2007, 01:35 PM
I don't see how someone could be cynical.

Case and point 1 post prior:

One major problem: OSU IS STILL IN STILLWATER! You can't fix that dump and it isn't near anything. Good luck dumb@$$e$!

Not a knock on your school but it can't attain what OU has attained. There are only a handfull of teams that have attained that level of success. Notre Dame, OU, Alabama, USC, Nebraska. You can't go back in time and duplicate the success we've had in the 50's 70's 80's. Now this where the new breed of OSU fans lose it because instead of just taking what I've said and thinking about all of sudden I'm bashing OSU which I'm not.

Right. I think it's good that Gundy is up front with this fact. Most of my OU friends say that the fanbase reflects the coach, which seems to be accurate. I think it's important for the leader of the program to speak frankly on these types of subjects and develop the attitude within the fanbase so that all aspects of the program's culture reflect the attitude that is portrayed at the top.

It appears that the new breed of OSU fans are the children of the Miles tenure. Miles doesn't typically speak with too much respect regarding his opponents and he sort of instilled a '**** 'em' attitude (which was fine with me). That's not to say he doesn't respect the opponent, but that won't ever be public knowledge.

I know most of you guys hate Les, but I think there's a lot of validity to his approach. He creates a fun type of hatred that I think is healthy for the sport. Sure, he has to eat his words more often than not, but he causes a stir when he speaks... sometimes literally. He fits in real well at LSU.

seems like you guys are do pretty good in Oklahoma, this year alone you'll end up with Staley and maybe Oku

Oku's '09, but yeah, we get about 1/8 in Oklahoma when OU and OSU go head to head. I don't know if I'd label that as good.

We don't have to compete with the OU mindset that exists with most OK kids when we deal with recruits in Texas. All they know about OSU is that Barry Sanders played there, the living conditions are great, and you'll get a chance to play fairly early. With Oklahoma kids, they either grew up OSU fans and go there (unless they're Curtis Lofton) or they go to OU to play at the glamor program.

Stoop Dawg
9/11/2007, 01:43 PM
We don't have to compete with the OU mindset that exists with most OK kids when we deal with recruits in Texas. All they know about OSU is that Barry Sanders played there, the living conditions are great, and you'll get a chance to play fairly early. With Oklahoma kids, they either grew up OSU fans and go there (unless they're Curtis Lofton) or they go to OU to play at the glamor program.

The 5 stars want TV time and press clippings. You get those at OU and UT.

How the hell does a freshman QB who has yet to play a top 25 team get mentioned on a Heisman list? The paperclip on his helmet, that's how.

OSU simply can't compete for the cream of the crop. But that's not to say that they can't load up on 4 stars and still win a lot of games. As I mentioned earlier, a big name coach will draw attention to the program and that will attract better recruits. At some point, you have to stop using "immediate playing time" as a recruiting tactic. All that means is that your current talent sucks.

tommieharris91
9/11/2007, 02:44 PM
That said, it would take a long, long period of OSU winning and OU losing for the Cowboys to make up any ground in terms of "football tradition" in the state of Oklahoma. I mean, OU won a NC in baseball, but who is the state powerhouse? OU got to the Final Four in basketball more recently than OSU, but who claims "basketball tradition" in this state? One or two or even 5 great seasons doesn't topple the giant.

Wow, you have a lot wrong there. OU has 2 NCs in baseball (1951 (I think), 1994). OSU has 1 NC in baseball (don't ask me when they got it). Also, OSU has been to the Basketball Final Four more recently than OU. But the Sooners own the basketball series with the cowboys by 40 games.

Stoop Dawg
9/11/2007, 03:10 PM
Wow, you have a lot wrong there. OU has 2 NCs in baseball (1951 (I think), 1994). OSU has 1 NC in baseball (don't ask me when they got it). Also, OSU has been to the Basketball Final Four more recently than OU. But the Sooners own the basketball series with the cowboys by 40 games.

Thanks for the technical corrects, but the point remains valid (IMO). OSU garners more national recognition in baseball and basketball, in general.

Sooner-by-Marriage
9/11/2007, 03:28 PM
It cracks me up that even in this guy's wet-dream of a season, he still has his team losing twice! :D

If you're going to be delusional, at least go all the way and have your team win it all.

It's like fantasizing about being a superhero but choosing Aquaman.

stoopified
9/11/2007, 03:32 PM
I always heard moonshine could make you blind,but apparently it makes you nuts too.

soonerloyal
9/11/2007, 04:43 PM
It appears that the new breed of OSU fans are the children of the Miles tenure. Miles doesn't typically speak with too much respect regarding his opponents and he sort of instilled a '**** 'em' attitude (which was fine with me). That's not to say he doesn't respect the opponent, but that won't ever be public knowledge.

I know most of you guys hate Les, but I think there's a lot of validity to his approach. He creates a fun type of hatred that I think is healthy for the sport. Sure, he has to eat his words more often than not, but he causes a stir when he speaks... sometimes literally. He fits in real well at LSU.

I appreciate a lot of what you've said, now and in past posts. But in regards to the above...

Stoops manages to do and be so much more than Miles ever could, and he does it without all that "stuff". So the way I see it, we got the better deal - in the coach and the man. And in programs.

Guess the difference lies in what's important to us.

JohnnyMack
9/11/2007, 04:56 PM

I don't understand his attitude. Never have. I know he wants to win as bad as the next guy, but Les Miles is a ****ing first class nut job. He's certi-****ing-fiable. He'd fight a 90 year old woman for the last serving of Jell-O in line at Luby's. Granted, you have to have a competitive nature to want to be a D1 head coach, but he's gone completely off the deep end in terms of being a go-getter. If Ben Stiller's character from Dodge Ball and Reese Witherspoon's character from Election had a baby, it'd be Les Miles. I hate him. Seriously.

OUstud
9/11/2007, 05:04 PM
It cracks me up that even in this guy's wet-dream of a season, he still has his team losing twice! :D

If you're going to be delusional, at least go all the way and have your team win it all.

It's like fantasizing about being a superhero but choosing Aquaman.

Even his fantasy ends with a championship-ruining choke job!

Animal Mother
9/11/2007, 05:35 PM
Even his fantasy ends with a championship-ruining choke job!

Agnes cannot be helped.

usmc-sooner
9/11/2007, 08:34 PM
how about this for a dream season

2 weeks into the season and OSU and Baylor are tied for last in the B12 South again.

TopDawg
9/12/2007, 12:17 AM
OK, so we all agree he's a little overly-optimistic. But this is taking it a bit far:

OSU, now ranked 6th in both polls, faced Nebraska for the right to play LSU for the national championship in New Orleans.

What in the wide world of sports happened on championship weekend that would give the #6 team in the nation a chance at playing for the national title?!

Let's see...

#2 LSU beats #5 Florida
#3 USC loses to UCLA
#4 West Virginia loses to Pitt
#1 Nebraska loses to #6 OSU

Ok, now I see it. I guess now they just have to trade their real loss to Georgia for their pretend loss to Nebraska to get back on pace.

Mark_of_Tulsa
9/12/2007, 02:09 AM
OK, so we all agree he's a little overly-optimistic. But this is taking it a bit far:

What in the wide world of sports happened on championship weekend that would give the #6 team in the nation a chance at playing for the national title?!

Let's see...

#2 LSU beats #5 Florida
#3 USC loses to UCLA
#4 West Virginia loses to Pitt
#1 Nebraska loses to #6 OSU

Ok, now I see it. I guess now they just have to trade their real loss to Georgia for their pretend loss to Nebraska to get back on pace.

I guess your not familiar with OSU math.
All negatives equal a positive.

DenverSooner751
9/12/2007, 07:40 AM
This is my favorite....

"It's not about giving up in the state of Oklahoma, but redirecting the focus to attempt to remove ourselves from the OU shadow and breed a different sense of being within our players and alumni."

I don't know if they told you or not, but you can not UN-breed aggy. It's part of the DNA, it happens when members of the same blood line re-produce.

I you guys want to breed a new sense of being, tell T.Boone to get his wang out of the entire schools @$$. Then at least you'll feel like half men again.

JohnnyMack
9/12/2007, 09:14 AM
Oklahoma State Football = The EuroDisney of College Football.

Sure it'll be big and pretty, but no one's going to give a damn about it.

Crimsontothecore
9/12/2007, 09:48 AM
I don't think I would ever criticize a fellow fan (no matter how misguided) of my team on their arch enemy's football forum.
I agree. I always like reading the comments from those osu fans who post here as well as on their own boards.
Their post on Soonerfans: Congratulations on a great game, you guys looked awesome!
Their post on Orangepower: I hope those "gooners" lose every game...cheaters!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/14/2007, 11:06 PM
This needs bumped for laughing causes!

usmc-sooner
9/15/2007, 09:26 AM
OSU 49 Troy 0 - The whole nation read about Gundy's tirade during practice the Wednesday before the Troy game. His screaming at the players and the throwing of one of the player's helmet into the stands must have got the players' attention because the team played their best game both offensively and defensively. Special teams and the wind kept Troy penned deep in their territory most of the game and when Troy did threaten to score - a sack by Derek Burton in the 3rd quarter ended one drive and an interception and 35-yard return by Perrish Cox ended the last threat late in the 4th quarter. Both Reid and Bowman have impressive performances but Dantrell Savage made ESPN's Top 10 plays with a dazzling 86-yard run in which Savage ran through seven tackle attempts to score in the 2nd quarter.

OMG when you read this vs what happened it's freakin hilarious.

OUDoc
9/15/2007, 10:47 AM
OMG when you read this vs what happened it's freakin hilarious.
If you flip the scores around his predictions he's dead-on.

KC//CRIMSON
9/15/2007, 11:05 AM

i'd laugh for a week.

that's gonna hurt.....

proudsoonergal
9/15/2007, 11:11 AM

Genius!!! :)

SoonerBOI
9/15/2007, 11:26 AM
Genius!!! :)

KC, you're a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

SoonerBOI
9/15/2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan
Here's how I think the season unfolds and how OSU gets into the Rose Bowl:

OSU 51 Georgia 24 - What many thought would be an OSU defeat or at least a close game turned into a complete blowout and a no contest for the Cowboys. Georgia's turmoil off the field was nothing compared to the offensive onslaught the Cowboys put on the Bulldogs. The aerial attack of Bobby Reid to Adarius Bowman (11 catches for 169 yards and four touchdowns) and the running of Reid (10 carries for 115 yards and two touchdowns) and Dantrell Savage (24 carries for 195 yards) was just too much for overmatched Bulldogs.

Reality - UGA 35 - POKED 14, not so competitive humiliation in Athens.
OSU does not crack the Top 25 in any poll but shows up at 28th in the AP and Coaches' Polls.

Reality - THE GREATEST OFFENSE IN THE WORLD DID NOT CRACK THE TOP 25.

OSU 35 Florida Atlantic 21 - As beautiful as the Georgia win was, the Florida Atlantic game was just plain ugly. A game some thought OSU could match the temperature (92 degrees) scorewise was a turnover disaster. Eight turnovers kept Florida Atlantic in the game until a late 60-yard TD burst by Savage put the game away for the Cowboys.

OSU goes 2-0 but little respect in the polls as OSU creeps to 26th in the AP poll and 27th in the Coaches' Poll.

Reality - POKED 40 - FAU 6, QB controversy and all. Poked is now ranked 41st by CFN and most polls. OSU is 1-1

Reality: Troy 41 - POKED 23

Troy total yards - 564
POKED total yards - 437

OSU is now ranked 10th. Yeah 10th from the bottom. No dazzling play occured in this game.

TROY DOMINATED THE POKES!
OSU 1 W - 2 L looking at a 4-8 season
__________________"
9/15/2007, 01:24 PM #2
StuIsTheMan
Just one inch away from..

vCash: 850
Re: 3rd Wee Reality Check: OSU Cowboys

I need to be a mod...

EricIsTheSon

CoffeePeeYellow
"Fraudtzen Stadium: The place where the Heisman or a NC won’t ever come, we have never had an undefeated season, and great Ref's go to Lie."

fixed
Eugene Born, Sooner Bred
(Just in case i forgot to put one in my post)

StuIsTheMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to StuIsTheMan
Find More Posts by StuIsTheMan
Add StuIsTheMan to Your Buddy List

9/15/2007, 01:27 PM #3
goingoneight
Sooner All-American

vCash: 500

No way in hell Bowman is better than Kelly. I saw him have a horrid case of the dropsies tonight. NTM he's not as fast or as good of a route-runner as I thought. I saw one pass Robinson laid perfectly over his shoulders that Kelly would without a doubt have made the catch and taken it to the house. What did Bowman do? He bobbled it and dropped it... WIDE OPEN, NO ONE ON HIM.

goingoneight
View Public Profile
Send a private message to goingoneight
Send email to goingoneight
Find More Posts by goingoneight
Add goingoneight to Your Buddy List

9/15/2007, 01:35 PM #4
SoonerBOI
I Miss Norman, OK

vCash: 50

osu = CUPCAKE

TopDawg
9/15/2007, 11:41 AM
Was Troy's victory over OSU really an upset? I mean I know it was non-BCS v. BCS, but after seeing the way these two teams played in the first two weeks I figured OSU would have to pull the upset.

soonerx7
9/15/2007, 12:40 PM
What the SAD reality is, is that Leach and his pirates can score 100 to 175 on osWHO, if they want to.
Heck, Grant H.S. would give them a run for their money.

OKC-SLC
9/15/2007, 07:08 PM
that's gonna hurt.....
heh.

heh. heh. heh. heh. heh. heh. heh. heh. heh.

heh.

Cam
9/15/2007, 07:15 PM
Was Troy's victory over OSU really an upset?
I don't think so.

SoonerBOI
9/17/2007, 03:16 PM
OSU Cupcake is now ranked 78th, Troy 77 and would you believe Baylor 76th. :D
CFN Rankings No. 1 to 119 - Week 3, Sept. 16

By Staff
CollegeFootballNews.com
Posted Sep 16, 2007

Ranking all the teams from one to 119 based on how good they are at the moment

There's one very important distinction in the CFN rankings: these are based on how good the teams are and NOT how they're going to finish. Some teams have easier schedules than others, some get tougher road games and some will need a little bit of time to jell meaning they might be better than their final record might indicate.

Rankings Coaches | CFN Preseason | Week 1 | Week 2

1. USC (2-0)
W, at Nebraska 49-31
next game: Washington State
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ...if you put USC, LSU, Oklahoma and Florida into a hat and picked one team out, you’d probably have the number one. The only remote knock on USC is that the passing game hasn’t had to get rolling yet. That’s reaching. The Trojans moved down last week with a chance to prove they deserved to be back in the top spot, and they certainly did that.

2. LSU (3-0)
W, Middle Tennessee 44-0
next game: South Carolina
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … defense, defense, defense. The line is scary-good right now, while the offense isn’t making any mistakes. Yeah, it’s Middle Tennessee the Tigers shut out, but it’s the same team that cranked out yards and points in chunks against Louisville.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... Virginia Tech doesn’t appear to be any big deal, so it’s possible the win two weeks ago wasn’t as impressive as it seems. Of course, that’s reaching. There’s no argument against the Tigers being No.

3. Oklahoma (3-0)
W, Utah State 54-3
next game: at Tulsa
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the machine keeps on rolling. The Sooners have the one offensive line in America that could neutralize the defensive lines of both USC and LSU.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... QB Sam Bradford hasn’t had to deal with any real pressure yet. A case could be made that Florida, with the way it’s flying around on both sides of the ball, could easily be here.4.

Florida (3-0)
W, Tennessee 59-20
next game: at Ole Miss
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … shhhhhh. This team is playing better than last year’s team. In case you forgot, and it appears that most of the world has, last year’s team won the national title.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... blowing up Tennessee might not be as impressive as it appears. Heck, California did that, too.

5. West Virginia (3-0)
W, at Maryland 31-14
next game: East Carolina
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the defense is playing up to snuff, and any questions about the offensive line have been answered. The speed and explosiveness at the skill positions is scary.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn’t be. The Mountaineers could make a case to be in the top four if all the parts are working like they did against Maryland. The only knock is that they haven’t played a top team year. Beating the Terps isn’t the same as beating Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Miami or Tennessee.

6. Penn State (3-0)
W, Buffalo 45-24
next game: at Michigan
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … now that the running game is working, this might be the Big Ten’s most complete team. That might not be saying too much right now, but the defense is humming, QB Anthony Morelli is playing well, and there hasn’t been a hint of a hiccup.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... you and a bunch of friends could beat FIU, Notre Dame and Buffalo. Call this a speculative ranking. Any team worthy of being here beats Michigan next week by double digits.

7. Ohio State (3-0)
W, at Washington 33-14
next game: Northwestern
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … beating Washington at Washington might be a lot bigger a win than you think. The defense basically gave up one last second big play at the end of the first half, and didn’t allow a thing until garbage time.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... a skeptical nation is still going to want to see more out of the offense. It did a fantastic job in the second half against the Huskies, but the defense was needed to save the day in the first half.

8. California (3-0)
W, Louisiana Tech 42-12
next game: Arizona
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the offensive machine might be unstoppable. The skill players are good enough to hang around with anyone in America. Keeping up in a shootout won’t be a problem.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the defense is still a question mark. It did its job against Louisiana Tech, but until it stops a decent attack, Cal will still be just on the outside of the top five elite.

9. Oregon (3-0)
W, Fresno State 52-21
next game: at Stanford
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … everything’s working right now. How many offenses have been more productive than this one so far? Dennis Dixon is playing at a Heisman level.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn’t be. At least, not when compared to Wisconsin or Texas. The Badgers struggled to handle Citadel’s spread attack; they’d get ripped apart by the Ducks right now. You could make a great case for Boston College being here.

10. Boston College (3-0)
W, at Georgia Tech 24-10
next game: Army
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … if you love Georgia Tech, you have to respect the way BC went into Atlanta and dominated on both sides of the ball. The game wasn’t as close as the final score indicates.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn’t be. In fact, BC is probably severely underranked for yet another week. This might be the sixth best team in America right now.

11. Wisconsin (3-0)
W, The Citadel 45-31
next game: Iowa
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … it’s possible the team is just waiting to turn it up a few notches. The running game is rumbling like you’d expect it to, while Tyler Donovan is throwing well.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the defense isn’t playing anywhere near as well as it did last year. You don’t look that lousy for a half against Citadel and just chalk it up not being focused.

12. Texas (2-0)
W, at UCF 35-32
next game: Rice
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … there’s something to be said for simply finding ways to win. Things aren’t going well on either side of the ball, but while some teams would’ve buckled under the pressure of the UCF game, the Longhorns came through.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... this isn’t Texas. There’s no consistency to the running game, the receiving corps, thanks to a banged up Limas Sweed, has apparently decided to not start the season yet, and the run defense has gone bye-bye. You could make a case that Clemson would run for 300 yards on this bunch.

13. Clemson (3-0)
W, Furman 38-10
next game: at NC State
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the team is getting stronger and stronger as QB Cullen Harper keeps getting better and better. If he throws like he did over the last two weeks, the Tigers might be the class of the ACC.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it’s not time to send the Tigers to the BCS quite yet. Beating up on Furman and UL Monroe is no reason to do any high fives, while beating Florida State right now is like beating any other average ACC team.

14. Rutgers (3-0)
W, Norfolk State 59-0
next game: Maryland
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … there hasn’t even been a whiff of a problem so far. While everyone will dog the early schedule, for a team like Rutgers that has national title aspirations, the first few games have been great for putting all the pieces together, like in the passing game.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... of Buffalo, Navy and Norfolk State. Fine, so the schedule is worth ripping on. Things pick up over the next few weeks against Maryland and Cincinnati. Remember, the toughest road game on the schedule is at Louisville, and that’s the last game of the regular season.

15. Georgia Tech (2-1)
L, Boston College 24-10
next game: at Virginia
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … losing to Boston College isn’t anything to get in a twist over. Yeah, the loss was at home, and yeah, the Eagles dominated, but Tech still might be one of the ten best teams in America.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the Yellow Jackets might be great, but they made their early reputation off of dominating Notre Dame. Obviously that doesn’t mean anything now. The passing game still has to show it can click against a good defense.

16. South Carolina (3-0)
W, South Carolina State 38-3
next game: at LSU
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the defense is humming. Steve Spurrier teams are obviously known for their offenses, but this team is getting it done with toughness on the other side of the ball.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the jury is still out on the offense. Blake Mitchell threw three touchdown passes against South Carolina State, but he also threw three interceptions. The trip to LSU could be ugly if he’s not better at securing the ball.

17. Nebraska (2-1)
L, USC 49-31
next game: Ball State
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … losing to USC isn’t anything to cry about. This still might be a top ten team, or even higher. The Trojans would do that to a lot of teams.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... after getting dominated on the lines against the Trojans, there are question marks again about where the program is at. The near-miss against Wake Forest might be a better indicator of how good the team is.

18. Arizona State (3-0)
W, San Diego State 34-13
next game: Oregon State
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … everything is working. There are several strong Pac 10 teams at the moment, and ASU is playing as well as any of them. With Keegan Herring playing a big role this week, helping out Ryan Torain, now the Sun Devils have a big-time running back duo to help out Rudy Carpenter and the passing game.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... everyone’s waiting for the shoe to drop. When does Arizona State start to play like Arizona State and have a blow up game? Oregon State is a big step up in competition this week.

19. Kentucky (3-0)
W, Louisville 40-34
next game: at Arkansas
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … Kentucky did it. After years of struggling under Rich Brooks, and especially against Louisville, the program might have finally turned a corner. If you believed the Cardinals were national title contenders, then you have to give the Wildcats a ton of credit for pulling off the win. However ...
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... … beating Arkansas at Arkansas might prove to be a tougher task. That was as emotional a win as the program has come up with in several years, but it’s not nearly as important as getting a key SEC victory, especially on the road. It’s not like the run defense slowed down the Cardinals.

20. Louisville (2-1)
L, at Kentucky 40-34
next game: Syracuse
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … it took Kentucky’s best game to beat the Cardinals. This still might be one of the ten best teams in the country, but it just so happened to lose this week.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the defense continues to be a major problem. It did a solid overall job on Kentucky, but the breakdown at the end proved indicative of the issues the D keeps having when it comes to giving up the big play. If Syracuse starts scoring next week, then it’ll really be time to worry.

21. South Florida (2-0)
Didn’t Play This Week
next game: North Carolina
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the team has had a week to bask in the glow of the win Auburn, and now the defense should be fully rested for a key few weeks ahead. The national respect is now there.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... beating Auburn might not be that big a deal. The Tigers should’ve lost in week one to Kansas State, and now lost to Mississippi State.

22. Missouri (3-0)
W, Western Michigan 52-24
next game: Illinois State
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the offense continues to be unstoppable. The skill players might not be household names, but all the parts are clicking on the nation’s seventh best attack.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... there’s still that pesky problem of the second half letdown. The Tigers can’t seem to overcome a lull that lets teams back into games. At some point, they’ll play a good team that can take advantage of this

23. Alabama (3-0)
W, Arkansas 41-38
next game: Georgia
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the win over Arkansas could be the type of confidence builder that the emerging program needed. The running game has been there all year long, and now the passing game got a jump-start with the brilliant performance from D.J. Hall, and John Parker Wilson’s tremendous final drive.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the defense was big-time shaky in the second half against the Hogs. Darren McFadden and company will run on everyone, but what looked like a walk-in-the-park win almost became a stunning collapse.

24. Virginia Tech (1-1)
W, Ohio 28-7
next game: William & Mary
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … the defense became the Virginia Tech defense again in the win over Ohio. Fine, so it was only against Ohio, but that’s a good running team that went nowhere.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... the outcome against the Bobcats was still in doubt late. The offense is going to need a while, a long while, to get rolling under Tyrod Taylor. Call the quarterback switch a case of taking a step back to hopefully take a giant leap forward.

25. Georgia (2-1)
W, Western Carolina 45-16
next game: at Alabama
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … this will be the type of team that, when things are clicking, can beat anyone in the SEC. There’s a slew of young talent that should get better and better as the season rolls on. A win at Alabama would go a long way to erasing the loss to South Carolina.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it’s going to be a while before this is a fully functioning SEC contender. If the Dawgs lose to Alabama and all title dreams are effectively over, what will the team’s mood be?

26 Cincinnati (3-0)
27 Texas A&M (3-0)
28 Arkansas (1-1)
29 Kansas (3-0)
30 Texas Tech (3-0)
31 Oregon State (2-1)
32 Washington (2-1)
33 Purdue (3-0)
34 Michigan State (3-0)
35 Tennessee (1-2)
36 Michigan (1-2)
37 Washington State (2-1)
38 Florida State (2-1)
39 Miami (2-1)
40 Maryland (2-1)
41 Illinois (2-1)
42 Mississippi State (2-1)
43 Auburn (1-2)
44 Kansas State (2-1)
45 Hawaii (3-0)
46 Boise State (2-1)
47 Air Force (3-0)
48 Utah (1-2)
49 UCLA (2-1)
50 Wake Forest (1-2)
51 TCU (1-2)
52 Tulsa (2-0)
53 Indiana (3-0)
54 Colorado (1-2)
55 Connecticut (3-0)
56 Fresno State (1-2)
57 Colorado State (0-2)
58 Wyoming (2-1)
59 Vanderbilt (2-1)
60 BYU (1-2)
61 Iowa (2-1)
62 Pitt (2-1)
63 Southern Miss (2-1)
64 UCF (1-1)
65 East Carolina (1-2)
66 New Mexico (2-1)
67 Ole Miss (1-2)
68 Stanford (1-1)
69 Notre Dame (0-3)
70 Northwestern (2-1)
71 Nevada (1-2)
72 Virginia (2-1)
73 North Carolina (1-2)
74 Houston (1-1)
75 Bowling Green (1-1)
76 Baylor (2-1)
77 Troy (1-2)
78 Oklahoma State (1-2)
79 Ball State (2-1)
80 Navy (1-2)
81 Arizona (1-2)
82 New Mexico State (2-1)
83 Memphis (1-1)
84 Florida Atlantic (2-1)
85 Minnesota (1-2)
86 UNLV (1-2)
87 Western Michigan (0-3)
88 Louisiana Tech (1-2)
89 UAB (1-2)
90 NC State (1-2)
91 Central Michigan (1-2)
92 UTEP (1-2)
93 Kent State (2-1)
94 Ohio (2-1)
95 Iowa State (1-2)
96 Miami University (1-2)
97 Akron (1-2)
98 Duke (1-2)
99 Arkansas State (1-1)
100 Toledo (0-3)
101 Syracuse (0-3)
102 UL Monroe (0-3)
103 Middle Tennessee (0-3)
104 SMU (1-2)
105 Army (1-2)
106 North Texas (0-2)
107 Eastern Michigan (1-2)
108 Idaho (1-2)
109 Marshall (0-3)
110 San Jose State (0-3)
111 San Diego State (0-2)
112 Buffalo (1-2)
113 Tulane (0-2)
114 Northern Illinois (0-3)
115 Temple (0-3)
116 FIU (0-3)
117 UL Lafayette (0-3)
118 Utah State (0-3)
119 Rice (0-3)

KantoSooner
9/17/2007, 08:30 PM
But they are ranked above awesome Ball State.

sooneron
9/17/2007, 08:39 PM
Why does that original post reek of the movie Possums?

tommieharris91
9/17/2007, 08:41 PM
So where are we ranked? OSU? Baylor?

sooneron
9/17/2007, 08:42 PM
BOI, you may want to delete one of the double posts there.

birddog
9/17/2007, 09:13 PM
holy crap, that's alot of words.

SoonerBOI
9/17/2007, 09:15 PM
BOI, you may want to delete one of the double posts there.
ok. did not see it. Jet-lagged.:D

SoonerBOI
9/17/2007, 09:17 PM
ok. did not see it. Jet-lagged.:D

ok, done. thanks again.;)

Cam
9/17/2007, 09:24 PM
Welcome home. Now head down to Fado and see some good ole fashioned American hotties. :D

SoonerBOI
9/17/2007, 09:34 PM
Welcome home. Now head down to Fado and see some good ole fashioned American hotties. :D

Thanks. That place you mentioned, Greenhills is very intriguing. But I had a blast! Can't wait for the RRS.

Cam
9/19/2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks. That place you mentioned, Greenhills is very intriguing. But I had a blast! Can't wait for the RRS.
If you think Greenhills was intriguing, you should've went to 268. At least I think that's the name. Don't go there if you like personal space, cause there is absolutely none. Plus, if you're an American male, you'll get at least 15-20 marriage proposals. It was kind of creepy and a little bit embarrassing.

SoonerBOI
9/19/2007, 10:39 PM
If you think Greenhills was intriguing, you should've went to 268. At least I think that's the name. Don't go there if you like personal space, cause there is absolutely none. Plus, if you're an American male, you'll get at least 15-20 marriage proposals. It was kind of creepy and a little bit embarrassing.

You're so right! :D :D

goingoneight
9/19/2007, 10:46 PM
That Rose is starting to wilt, isn't it? :D

85sooners
9/19/2007, 10:54 PM
If osu ever scores 68 points on us in Norman, I'll just go ahead and kill myself. better have 2 bullets 1 for me and you :O

Mongo
9/19/2007, 10:57 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/orngcup.gif

critical_phil
9/19/2007, 11:00 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/orngcup.gif

how do you think they'd fare against:

http://www.justmommies.com/graphics/greencupcakes.jpg

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2007, 11:03 PM

Cupcakes are nice, but I wonder how they will fare against:
http://www.weatherby.info/shazam/generalrubbish/PirateDog.jpg

Mongo
9/19/2007, 11:03 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about, i was just showing what new snacks my wife got me

I thought this was the SO

critical_phil
9/19/2007, 11:18 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about, i was just showing what new snacks my wife got me

so you think they could beat Notre Dame?

Mongo
9/19/2007, 11:20 PM
so you think they could beat Notre Dame?

my wife, or the snacks?

critical_phil
9/19/2007, 11:24 PM
my wife, or the snacks?

i'll take your wife minus the points.

Mongo
9/19/2007, 11:25 PM
i'll take your wife minus the points.

good, I already ate the cupcakes

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2007, 01:25 AM
mmmm....Wife snacks! Perhaps it's time to quit rambling and drag mine off to bed!

kevpks
11/26/2007, 06:41 PM
I just had to dig this thread up. I forgot what the Poke said about the OU/OSU game. Now I can't stop laughing. So funny it hurts.

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 06:50 PM
The whole nation read about Gundy's tirade during practice the Wednesday before the Troy game. His screaming at the players and the throwing of one of the player's helmet into the stands must have got the players' attention because the team played their best game both offensively and defensively.

Well, he was right about a Gundy tirade at the beginning of the year...just a few days off on the timing. :D