PDA

View Full Version : OU/Utah State Non-PPV?

Hot Rod
9/10/2007, 04:59 PM
On this website, http://ouinsider.com/football/schedule/, it shows that the game is on Fox Sports Net.

I didn't know if this was legit or not. I can't make it to the game this weekend, and if this is the case, it will save me money.

r5TPsooner
9/10/2007, 05:01 PM
It's on FoxNet PPV for $29.95.

Whet
9/10/2007, 05:13 PM
According to the article on SoonerSports.com, the live event will be a PPV - though either your cable company or satellite TV provider.

The game will be replayed on FSSW on Monday. Here is the article:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091007aaa.html

"NORMAN, Okla. -- The Oklahoma-Utah State game on Saturday, Sept. 15 will be televised live on pay-per-view by Big 12 Special Order Sports, FSN Southwest's pay-per-view division.

The game, which is scheduled to kick off at 2:30 p.m. CT, will be available on participating cable television systems in Oklahoma and Texas and nationwide to satellite dish customers. The suggested retail price is $29.95. A list of participating programming providers carrying the PPV telecast will be announced later this week. Fans should check with their local programming provider for price and availability in their area.

The game is being televised on pay-per-view because it wasn't selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. Under conference TV rules, games not picked up for regular television distribution can only be televised live on pay-per-view, giving fans the option to watch a game they otherwise wouldn't be able to see.

Participating cable and satellite TV providers will offer the telecast to their customers on a designated pay-per-view channel. The telecast will not pre-empt FSN Southwest's regularly-scheduled programming.

Bill Land (play-by-play), former Oklahoma quarterback and five-time Oklahoma Sportscaster-of-the-Year Dean Blevins (analyst), and Emily Jones (sideline reporter) will call the action from Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

The game will be replayed on FSN Southwest on Monday, Sept. 17 at 11 a.m. CT throughout the network's coverage area (Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and parts of New Mexico)."

Soonermagik
9/10/2007, 05:36 PM
Dean Blevins calling the game??? I guess I can hit mute, right?

critical_phil
9/10/2007, 05:48 PM
Dean Blevins calling the game??? I guess I can hit mute, right?

what a sad ****ing state of affairs it is when you're forced to choose between Blevins and Bob Sr.

stoopified
9/10/2007, 06:43 PM
Dean Blevins calling the game??? I guess I can hit mute, right?Bill Land is calling,Blevins is color.Fsn is replaying the game at 11am monday for FREE.I heard PPV is $29.95,who do I call for 19.95?

Crimsontothecore
9/10/2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know what PPV station the game will be on with DirecTv?

arcman46
9/10/2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know what PPV station the game will be on with DirecTv?

possibly channel 667

goingoneight
9/10/2007, 11:50 PM
Is the game in HD???

sooner518
9/10/2007, 11:55 PM
i think me and some friends are ordering it. totally worth it

soonersn2007
9/11/2007, 07:25 AM
Why would you want to pay money for a game that is gonna be a slaughter? Streaming radio will suit me fine.

snp
9/11/2007, 07:33 AM
Why would you want to pay money for a game that is gonna be a slaughter? Streaming radio will suit me fine.

$30.00 is always a reasonable price to watch this team play.

Student tickets and then tailgating are the way to go for this game.

Landthief 1972
9/11/2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah, if I'm paying $30 for a blowout, I'd rather watch it live.

r5TPsooner
9/11/2007, 10:00 AM
Is the game in HD???

I doubt it as FoxNet is usually not transmitted in HD. I could be wrong though.

ruf/nekdad
9/11/2007, 10:18 AM
I have a new channel on dish network called FOX HD. North Texas game was on it in HD. Most cool.

Animal Mother
9/11/2007, 04:33 PM
I have a new channel on dish network called FOX HD. North Texas game was on it in HD. Most cool.

I have DISH TV but not an HD tv. If you’re going to the game, can I steal yours….. I mean borrow yours? (Are you leaving Friday night? I like “borrowing” things when it’s dark.)

illinisooner
9/11/2007, 04:45 PM
The timing of this game bothers me, because when 2:30 was announced, we knew it was going to be PPV. No "well ABC wants it to be a 2:30 so we have to"; this is PPV and the start time isn't dictated by a network (I'm pretty sure, even though FSSW is kind of running the show). Everyone wants more night games, so why not just make it a 6 PM start? The stadium will be sold out and people will pay for the game, regardless of what time it is played. Make it a 6 PM start and make it easy on the fans attending the game...and tailgating, just like MTSU last year.

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2007, 05:02 PM
The timing of this game bothers me, because when 2:30 was announced, we knew it was going to be PPV. No "well ABC wants it to be a 2:30 so we have to"; this is PPV and the start time isn't dictated by a network (I'm pretty sure, even though FSSW is kind of running the show). Everyone wants more night games, so why not just make it a 6 PM start? The stadium will be sold out and people will pay for the game, regardless of what time it is played. Make it a 6 PM start and make it easy on the fans attending the game...and tailgating, just like MTSU last year.

2:30 is probably best for everyone who travels to the game. Don't have to leave too early, don't get home too late.