PDA

View Full Version : A facial hair experiment

achiro
9/10/2007, 03:47 PM
OK so since the age of 16, I have not gone more than maybe 4 days without shaving. I have had a goatee for a few years but never attempted a beard. With the upcoming Elk hunt, I figured what the hell and stopped shaving last Thursday. I have a few small patches, including both sideburns, that won't grow(I guess I can thank my indian heritage for that one) but it looks as if it may actually fill in ok. We'll see, I'll keep y'all informed since I know that you care so much!:D

crawfish
9/10/2007, 03:50 PM
I can go without shaving for a week before somebody asks me, "did you not shave this morning?"

IB4OU2
9/10/2007, 03:51 PM
Good Idea! The elk will think you're Sasquatch....or OU4LIFE.

achiro
9/10/2007, 03:59 PM
I can go without shaving for a week before somebody asks me, "did you not shave this morning?"
So are you saying that someone actually notices you about once per week cause I think you are being generous with that frequency.

StuIsTheMan
9/10/2007, 04:06 PM
I shave on Wednesdays...just say'n:pop:

Preservation Parcels
9/10/2007, 04:40 PM
obligatory, "This thread is worthless without pics." :pop:

achiro
9/10/2007, 04:43 PM
obligatory, "This thread is worthless without pics." :pop:
I wouldn't want my sexay to get the thread locked so I'll jsut stick with verbal descriptions.;)

rufnek05
9/10/2007, 04:50 PM
if i go a day with out shaving, then people think i'm a homeless person that stole someones closthes and is now wondering about campus. so thats just why i have a beard. plus it keeps me face warm

soonerinabilene
9/10/2007, 04:57 PM
if i go a day with out shaving, then people think i'm a homeless person that stole someones closthes and is now wondering about campus. so thats just why i have a beard. plus it keeps me face warm
plus you can hide cheetos in it to take care of the late night munchies:D

yermom
9/10/2007, 05:09 PM
i haven't shaved since winter break of the 97-98 school year, i hate it so

of course, i didn't really need to much before then (i was 21)

achiro
9/10/2007, 05:59 PM
It just dawned on me that using that particular icon of the beautiful young ladys mouth for this message may have been taken in the wrong way since I was referring to facial hair. Really, had nothing to do with it, just like that icon is all!:O
Hope I am forgiven?

olevetonahill
9/10/2007, 06:53 PM
I shave every 5th Leap year. I think Ill skip this one .:D

GottaHavePride
9/10/2007, 07:45 PM
It just dawned on me that using that particular icon of the beautiful young ladys mouth for this message may have been taken in the wrong way since I was referring to facial hair. Really, had nothing to do with it, just like that icon is all!:O
Hope I am forgiven?

You just made BSG's day. If she was here to see it. ;)

Preservation Parcels
9/11/2007, 12:23 AM
When I was a little girl back in Michigan, they had beard-growing contests in every town that had a sesquicentennial celebration. Some towns would allow people to buy a non-beard permit for $10-$150.

Everyone grew beards in the winter.

In the spring, the women shaved. :P

tommieharris91
9/11/2007, 12:33 AM
Ewwww. Anyway, I shave twice a week because I can't stand having too much facial hair.

dolemitesooner
9/11/2007, 08:41 AM
I have to shave my back everyother day...My face twice a day

rufnek05
9/11/2007, 10:02 AM
plus you can hide cheetos in it to take care of the late night munchies:D

psst, i just carry extra j's in there. just pull one out and light it up before and after class. sometimes during if its a really boring lecture.

achiro
12/20/2007, 04:49 PM
Update:

Well, I haven't touched a razor since. I've been using a trimmer to keep things under control but not having to shave every day is the freakin bomb diggity!!!! My wife actually likes it too. I haven't used the trimmers in a couple of weeks and its getting pretty shaggy(she ain't happy about that) but I told her to shave her damn legs and I would trim the beard:eek: ...I still haven't trimmed the beard. :D
I will probably shave back to at least the goat in the next couple of months but I'm telling ya, the lazy bastard in me is really liking not shaving.:pop:

Czar Soonerov
12/20/2007, 05:10 PM
I have to shave my back everyother day...My face twice a day

Thats what I keep VK around for. ;)

http://images.digitalmedianet.com/2005/Week_40/nab4h81o/story/02-shave.jpg

Mjcpr
12/20/2007, 05:37 PM
Thats what I keep VK around for. ;)

Do you make the walrus sound like Peter too? :D