PDA

View Full Version : could they go 0-8?

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 12:07 PM
its possible, looking at the Domers schedule they could be 0-8 before playing Navy

ouch

September 15 at Michigan
September 22 Michigan State
September 29 at Purdue
October 6 at No. 11 UCLA
October 13 No. 21 Boston College
October 20 No. 1 USC
November 3 Navy
November 10 Air Force
November 17 Duke
November 24 at Stanford

SoonerBorn68
9/10/2007, 12:09 PM
That would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E

OUDoc
9/10/2007, 12:09 PM
That would be beautiful. :)

Sooner98
9/10/2007, 12:10 PM
I think they might even lose to Navy.

SoonerPriv
i think they'll beat Michigan.. lol.. poor Michigan. I dunno it'll probably be a really good game between two really bad teams.

royalfan5
I'm pulling for 1-7, since the Michigan-Notre Dame game can no longer end in a tie.

Socrefbek
9/10/2007, 12:12 PM
1-7 would be nice especially if the 1 is over USC :D

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 12:12 PM
i think Michigan has more of an offense than ND, but a crappy defense....i'd give the edge to michigan though

but yes, it will be glorious to see them in the toilet

yermom
9/10/2007, 12:14 PM
Navy is probably better than Michigan ;)

i can't believe what a pillow fight ND-Michigan is going to be :D

Bourbon St Sooner
9/10/2007, 12:17 PM
I don't think the Navy and Stanford games are gimme's either.

2-10? That would be beautiful.

Scott D
9/10/2007, 12:18 PM
if ND couldn't stop Tashard Choice, they're not going to stop Mike Hart. The only thing ND has going for them is Michigan's crushed defensive psyche, and the fact that it looks like Ryan Mallett will be getting the start at QB unless Henne has a magical cure.

I'm not sold on Michigan St, because well...it's Michigan St. The domers should lose the rest of those games, and a couple of them quite handily.

SoonerPriv
9/10/2007, 12:23 PM
Navy is probably better than Michigan ;)

i can't believe what a pillow fight ND-Michigan is going to be :D

they don't list the Michigan game as being televised.. thought most if not all were on NBC.. surely it will be.. if not.. wow..

sooner518
9/10/2007, 12:26 PM
does Michigan's defense even matter if Claussen wont throw more than 5 yards downfield? I swear, every single pass they threw last week was a swing pass or a screen. I'd be ****ed if I wasnt anti-ND and busy laughing at them

Scott D
9/10/2007, 12:30 PM
they don't list the Michigan game as being televised.. thought most if not all were on NBC.. surely it will be.. if not.. wow..

it's scheduled right now as a 3:30 eastern start on ABC.

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2007, 12:32 PM
I see them only beating Duke and Stanford...then sending that fat tub of lard outta South Bend and going back after Ty Willingham after his Washington team beats up on a few more ranked teams.

SoonerPriv
9/10/2007, 12:33 PM
it's scheduled right now as a 3:30 eastern start on ABC.

ok.. just looked at one ND site real quick and it didn't have a TV listing for it. Obviously I didn't look real hard, thanks..

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2007, 12:36 PM
Notre Dame... they kick a pretty good coach to the curb (Willingham) for going 11-11 in 2 years, but now they just gave Weis a 10-YEAR extension? WTF is that about? Looks kinda racist to me.

ND looking as bad as they do - not that I mind - but there's no excuse for being so bad (and so thin) at a school with so many built-in advantages.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 12:39 PM
looks kinda racists?

are you serious? i mean, they did hire the man....

why does everything always have to be about race, why does everybody instantly go to that

gets really old

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2007, 12:42 PM
Why are you racist jk? :rolleyes:

swardboy
9/10/2007, 12:47 PM
Gotta feel a little sorry for the ND recruits that have been sold a bill of goods that won't deliver.....Naaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

silverwheels
9/10/2007, 12:51 PM
Gotta feel a little sorry for the ND recruits that have been sold a bill of goods that won't deliver.....Naaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Notre Dame as much as any Sooner fan should, but come on. They have like 15 combined juniors and seniors on that team. A couple of Willingham's recruiting classes didn't pan out, and they've had to replace a lot on offense.

This year (obviously) and next year are going to be a little rough for them, but Weis has pulled in some solid classes and they'll be back to losing bowl games in 2 years.

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2007, 12:54 PM
JK, they hired Ty Willingham but cut him after 2 years. Weis is by most gauges doing worse than Ty, or at best is 'as affective' yet he gets a huge contract extension. I am not a race-card type by any stretch. I'm just sayin. Maybe because I think Willingham is a better college coach than Weis, but we'll see how Weis does once he stocks back up with his players.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 12:56 PM
no disagreement on the coaching ability, although Weiss had a decent first year

however, maybe there's more to it behind the scenes....i'd rather know all the facts before i threw out the race card

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 12:57 PM
Notre Dame showed me a helluva lot more on the road with 110,000 people in white t-shirts and a true freshman making his first start than a senior dominated Michigan team getting drummed at home by a team that lost its last four games last season.

I think UND might just win Saturday.

JohnnyMack
9/10/2007, 12:57 PM
Has Henne missed a start in his career?

royalfan5
9/10/2007, 01:00 PM
JK, they hired Ty Willingham but cut him after 2 years. Weis is by most gauges doing worse than Ty, or at best is 'as affective' yet he gets a huge contract extension. I am not a race-card type by any stretch. I'm just sayin. Maybe because I think Willingham is a better college coach than Weis, but we'll see how Weis does once he stocks back up with his players.
Ty was there three years, not two.

silverwheels
9/10/2007, 01:01 PM
Notre Dame fired Willingham because he wasn't their first choice anyway, and he's just a barely above-average coach.

Weis wasn't their first choice, either, but at least he coached on some Super Bowl teams. Willingham's one achievement as a coach has been taking Stanford to the Rose Bowl in a year in which the Pac-10 had no powerhouses.

JohnnyMack
9/10/2007, 01:03 PM
Charlie Weis is a fat piece of crap. I hope he goes 3 - 9 and gets his *** fired.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 01:09 PM
Willingham went 21-15 in 3 years (6-5 his last year)

Weiss went 9-2 his first season and 10-2 last year

yermom
9/10/2007, 01:13 PM
maybe ND will hire Kanye next

Scott D
9/10/2007, 01:15 PM
Has Henne missed a start in his career?

No.

As to the senior dominated....not really, 3 big names are seniors because they would have been first day draft picks had they come out as juniors...Henne, Mike Hart, and Jake Long.

Their defense is full of underclassmen. Michigan fans that I know, expected the offense to carry them early while the young defense learned and gained confidence. None of them saw the offense imploding the way it has to this point. The fact that for all intent and purposes it is going to be Lloyd Carr's last year win or lose doesn't help matters. It's got to be hard to motivate a team that knows you are a lame duck head coach.

Scott D
9/10/2007, 01:17 PM
ok.. just looked at one ND site real quick and it didn't have a TV listing for it. Obviously I didn't look real hard, thanks..

no big deal, I went to the University of Michigan athletic website, and pulled up the football schedule.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 01:19 PM
Scott, you are right about the Senior thing...just know they made so much of Hart, Henne and Long...the senior leaders. I just can't believe Vegas would make Michigan a 9 1/2 point favorite over anyone right now.

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2007, 01:20 PM
Someone explain why many Sooners, hell for that matter, many fans hate Notre Dame?

Is it because they were shrewd enough, or had enough pull to get their own television network? Is it because their marketing department does a very good job at getting the media outlets to buy into the Notre Dame mystique? Is it because they had enough pull with the BCS to get themselves included in the bowl party?

Does it have something to do with the school being predominantly Catholic or a very good academic school?

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 01:24 PM
Someone explain why many Sooners, hell for that matter, many fans hate Notre Dame?

Is it because they were shrewd enough, or had enough pull to get their own television network? Is it because their marketing department does a very good job at getting the media outlets to buy into the Notre Dame mystique? Is it because they had enough pull with the BCS to get themselves included in the bowl party?

Does it have something to do with the school being predominantly Catholic or a very good academic school?

Book end losses of 47 game winning streak and only team with more national titles than us.

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2007, 01:25 PM

are you serious? ummm, does ending our 47 game win streak mean anything?

OUDoc
9/10/2007, 01:27 PM
And the only team ranked #1 in the AP as many weeks as us (soon to be corrected).

Plus, 3/4 of the world loves them, they need some haters out there too.

Scott D
Scott, you are right about the Senior thing...just know they made so much of Hart, Henne and Long...the senior leaders. I just can't believe Vegas would make Michigan a 9 1/2 point favorite over anyone right now.

right now I have to think it's because Michigan has at least scored more than 10 points in a game this season. Granted it was against a I-AA opponent, but they scored more in a half in that game than ND has scored all year.

I'd make ND a huge favorite if Demetrius Jones was the starting QB. But since it's Jimmy Clausen I'd make the game a push. Not saying Jones is better than Clausen, but his strengths play to Michigan's most glaring weaknesses.

TexasLidig8r
are you serious? ummm, does ending our 47 game win streak mean anything?

[MostSoonerFans] "well.. that was back in the leather helmet days and so since face masks were barely invented, those games don't count anyway." [MostSoonerFans]

That was 50 years ago before most of us were even alive. And, it wasn't like you guys got "Ducked" in that game. If anything it was SI's fault for putting you on the cover before that Notre Dame game.

OUDoc
9/10/2007, 01:31 PM
That was 50 years ago before most of us were even alive. And, it wasn't like you guys got "Ducked" in that game. If anything it was SI's fault for putting you on the cover before that Notre Dame game.
:texan:

handcrafted
9/10/2007, 01:34 PM

Yes, being a Protestant I find Touchdown Jesus to be blasphemous. :eek:

No, for my part it has much more to do with that Rudy thing. :rolleyes:

Scott D
9/10/2007, 01:34 PM

kinda like deluding yourself that bowtie wearing is kosher for anywhere other than in a tuxedo or clown suit. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
9/10/2007, 01:39 PM

Does it have something to do with the school being predominantly Catholic or a very good academic school?Same reason we hate you and everybody else hates texass, a-holes are not thought well of in this world.:D ;)

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 01:42 PM
I would kill a man to see ND lose about 6 games but beat USC.

(I've still got to kill someone after saying this last week about the possibility of beating MU by 30 or more)

aurorasooner
9/10/2007, 01:58 PM
would kill a man to see ND lose about 6 games but beat USC. So would I. I think ND may be in for 2 west coast thrashings. They play UCLA in the Rose Bowl 2 weeks before USC in South Bend. I don't know what Dumbazz scheduled the Notre Dame schedule for 2007, but to go play in your one of your biggest rival's back yard 2 weeks before you play them, "ain't too swift" imo.

stoopified
9/10/2007, 02:19 PM
unless they improve Duke could be their only W.Almost makes me want to cry. :D:D:D:D

r5TPsooner
9/10/2007, 02:21 PM
That would be a nice thing but MSU usually hands them the game somehow or someway.

stoopified
9/10/2007, 02:43 PM

A question like that would make someone think you are NEW around here ,Lid.I don't anyone who hates them because of academics or being Catholic.While I can't speak for all Sooner fans I would say all your other listed reasons are valid though.I would add Tommy McDonald being screwed out of the 1956 Heisman to the list (Hornung on a 2-8 ND team that OU drilled 40-0),Nov.16 1957,thinking they are too good to be in a conference,having deluded execs at NBC give them an a exclusive TV contract,they are fawned over on a national basis even when they lose,I could go on but you get the idea.

OUDoc
9/10/2007, 03:10 PM
I would kill a man to see ND lose about 6 games but beat USC.

(I've still got to kill someone after saying this last week about the possibility of beating MU by 30 or more)
Lid dares ya.

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 05:02 PM
Lid dares ya.
Heh.

aurorasooner
9/10/2007, 06:20 PM
I guess Michigan's Mike Hart guaranteed a Michigan victory Saturday. How stupid can a player get when your starting QB is supposedly out for the game. Smells like ABC put a little something under Hart's pillow to promote interest in this game. Either that, or he's a dumbazz.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) - Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis has no problem with Michigan tailback Mike Hart guaranteeing a victory against the Fighting Irish.

"If I watched the (Notre Dame) games the last two weeks, I might have made the guarantee myself," Weis said Sunday.

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2007, 06:31 PM
Hart's either gonna look like Namath...or the world's biggest ******...after Saturday.

Scott D
9/10/2007, 07:16 PM
I guess Michigan's Mike Hart guaranteed a Michigan victory Saturday. How stupid can a player get when your starting QB is supposedly out for the game. Smells like ABC put a little something under Hart's pillow to promote interest in this game. Either that, or he's a dumbazz.

Hart's guarantee was made before he learned that Henne was doubtful (before he was pronounced out today) for Saturday.

TexasEx4OU
9/10/2007, 07:28 PM
its possible, looking at the Domers schedule they could be 0-8 before playing Navy

ouch

September 15 at Michigan
September 22 Michigan State
September 29 at Purdue
October 6 at No. 11 UCLA
October 13 No. 21 Boston College
October 20 No. 1 USC
November 3 Navy
November 10 Air Force
November 17 Duke
November 24 at Stanford

Yet they'll still get a BCS at-large bid...

oumartin
9/10/2007, 07:39 PM
dent NBC approach OU with a television offer before they settled on the Doomers?

aurorasooner
9/10/2007, 09:03 PM
Purdue plays such a sh*&^y OOC (right up there with the Kansas OOC), that it's going to be hard to tell if they're any good or not before they play Notre Dame. They also play Minnesota before they play Notre Dame and Minnesota got cranked by Miami-Ohio 41-35. Pudue could be undefeated and Notre Dame winless, and I wouldn't have clue on which to take. Purdue schedule before ND.
Sept. 1, 2007 at Toledo (ESPNU) W 52-24 1-0
Sept. 8, 2007 Eastern Illinois (Big Ten Network) W 52-6 2-0
Sept. 15, 2007 Central Michigan (ESPN2) 12:00 pm ET
Sept. 22, 2007 at Minnesota (ESPN2) 9:00 pm ET
Sept. 29, 2007 Notre Dame TBA

Scott D
9/11/2007, 08:34 AM
dent NBC approach OU with a television offer before they settled on the Doomers?

yes, but fans shouldn't let reality get in the way of their hatred ;)

sanantoniosooner
9/11/2007, 08:38 AM
Hart's either gonna look like Namath...or the world's biggest ******...after Saturday.
Namath was in the SuperBowl.

Hart is in the toilet bowl.

He looks like an idiot regardless of the outcome.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/11/2007, 08:44 AM
I would like to see ND lose 8 games but beat usc... ;)

TexasLidig8r
9/11/2007, 08:46 AM
yes, but fans shouldn't let reality get in the way of their hatred ;)

Urban myth.. let's see the linkage on that.

KantoSooner
9/11/2007, 08:56 AM
Sorry I was out with customers. Necessity.

Stoopified answered this better than I could have done. ND wants to play holier than thou - religiously, academically, ethically, and deserves NONE of the ranks to which they boost themselves.

*UCK THEM and the pony they rode in on.

Finish.

jutang403
9/11/2007, 10:17 AM
Lets hope so.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 10:23 AM
heh, from WDFN Sports Radio 1130 in Detroit.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/sargmon/ripumfootball_banner.jpg