PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the Bush's new Trucking program

Hatfield
9/10/2007, 11:00 AM
this bill basically allows mexican truckers to cross our border with no concerns about terrorism. I want to see more info on it, but right now it stinks.

Hoffa Denounces Bush's Illegal, Unsafe Mexican Truck Program
HOUSTON, Sept. 8 PRNewswire-USNewswire — Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said today that the Bush administration shows how little it cares about homeland security by opening our southern border to uninspected Mexican trucks.

"The Bush administration has sucker punched American workers by opening our highways to dangerous trucks," Hoffa told about 1,000 Teamster women and guests attending the union's annual Teamster Women's Conference at the Hilton- Americas Houston Hotel.

"We don't know who these drivers are and we don't know what they're bringing in," Hoffa said. "The weapons of mass destruction George Bush is looking for could be in the backs of these trucks."

The Bush administration's pilot program to allow unsafe Mexican trucks to share the highways with American drivers is dangerous, illegal and a threat to national security. The U.S. Transportation Department's inspector general reported Friday that the Bush administration does not require its inspectors to verify licenses of drivers who are not citizens of the United States or Mexico.

The Teamsters have a case pending before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco and are pressuring Congress to block the program.

Hoffa said the public is on the Teamsters' side. "Democrats, Republicans, independents — everyone wants to keep our highways safe," Hoffa said.

"The Teamsters are going to stop this madness," Hoffa said. "We're going to stop George Bush."

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking women and men throughout North America.

Legal documents filed in the case and other documents related to this issue can be found at www.teamster.org.

SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters

it looks like the house passed a vote 411-3 to stop it, but the senate has yet to act on it. so we shall see.

NormanPride
9/10/2007, 11:02 AM
I am certainly against bad things, yes.

jeremy885
9/10/2007, 11:04 AM
Isn't this more Bush I's fault, then BUsh II? I thought we agreed to this as part of the NAFTA treaty?

frankensooner
9/10/2007, 11:15 AM
What happens when these unlicensed, probably uninsured a-holes plow into a citizen's minivan? Sounds like a nightmare.

picasso
9/10/2007, 03:39 PM
Beaner 66 is old news.

Petro-Sooner
9/10/2007, 03:59 PM
Good grief Bush, pull you head out for cripe sakes!!!!!!!! :mad:

jeremy885
9/10/2007, 04:38 PM
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking women and men throughout North America.

That's funny. I thought the whole point in being in a union was not to work hard.

Anaxamander
9/10/2007, 08:24 PM
Illegal immigration is the one issue I don't see eye-to-eye on with the President.

He seems to think that all illegal immigrants have a God-given right to become American citizens. I believe that illegal immigrants should be deported when found, especially when they've committed a crime.

Jimminy Crimson
9/10/2007, 08:27 PM
Bush does have to go home to Texas in January of 09...

Can't alienate half of the state of Texas.

That being said, this is one of the few things I disagree with this great president over.

OUHOMER
9/10/2007, 08:36 PM
I have not read the bill but I do know you dont want to **** off the truckers.

Bad mojo

Also

1. That info is from the teamsters ( very credible :rolleyes: )
2. they will still have to be able to pass a DOT inspection ( i would think)
3. They still have to go thru US Customs crossing the border.

I can not believe this is a free pass with all the BS going on.

Turd_Ferguson
9/10/2007, 08:46 PM
Glad this one (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20689768) didn't make it up I-35.

soonerboomer93
9/10/2007, 08:52 PM
This is part of NAFTA

Canadian Trucks already have full access to the US

It's required that they companies prove their insured, pass inspection, and that the drivers speak and a read a certain amount of english.

Turd_Ferguson
9/10/2007, 09:31 PM
This is part of NAFTA

Canadian Trucks already have full access to the US

It's required that they companies prove their insured, pass inspection, and that the drivers speak and a read a certain amount of english.
I think they should be able to read a little more than "Jake Brakes Prohibited".

VeeJay
9/10/2007, 09:38 PM
Bush's whole "One America" ploy sucks. I want a president who represents well...Americans...

But the appeal to the 9th Circuit in San Francisco sort of sent this one south.

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2007, 09:58 PM
I'm highly against it.

soonerboomer93
9/10/2007, 10:09 PM
I think they should be able to read a little more than "Jake Brakes Prohibited".

I can't read Korean, but I do have a Korean drivers license...

funny how that works...

Turd_Ferguson
9/10/2007, 10:30 PM
Well yeah, but if you hit your jake brake in a "no jake brake zone" in Korea, they'll take ya out back and put a bullet in yer head and then bill your family for the spent shell....right? So, you kinda start learning what the funny looking symbols on the signs mean.

soonerboomer93
9/11/2007, 03:08 AM
they couldn't care less about a no jake brake or a jake break zone

just don't hit no pedestrian or motocycle/scooter driver...

Jerk
9/11/2007, 05:42 AM
If they are truely unsafe, then OHP could really make their life miserable.

jeremy885
9/11/2007, 09:01 AM
Well yeah, but if you hit your jake brake in a "no jake brake zone" in Korea, they'll take ya out back and put a bullet in yer head and then bill your family for the spent shell....right? So, you kinda start learning what the funny looking symbols on the signs mean.

I think that's China.